test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [2/16]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter will undergo maintenance tomorrow 2/16 at 7AM PT for roughly two hours.

Comments

• cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    no details again?
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    ...for a server maintenance.
    ...for ninja patching.
    ...for the fun of it.
    ...for fixing the lag in the game.
    ...for all of you to wonder what is going on.
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    I would always assume a reset by default if there is no further information. What's the fuss
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

Julia, for the love of God, will you please put down if there is a patch or if it is just a reset. This is a basic. We've also called you out on this MULTIPLE weeks in a row now. Get with it.

And while you're at it @nitocris83 how about remembering to let us know when the update/restart/whatever is complete. Last weeks oh so informative post is still open, technically meaning the game is not back up! Maybe a refresher of CM 101 is needed?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User

Julia, for the love of God, will you please put down if there is a patch or if it is just a reset. This is a basic. We've also called you out on this MULTIPLE weeks in a row now. Get with it.

Hi Confused,

This is Julia, using my "not at work, but always here for you" account.
    Please acknowlegde that your concern has been duly noted, and a solution is being prepped for appropriate attention.
    We value your forum input and @!#$*&^%%

Syntax Error: ----------------^^^
    ServiceBot cross index incompatibility: Endearing Support and Neverwinter Community Response indexes
    Support on support: This Sirius Cybernetics Geunine People Personalities system issue has been logged.
    Data has been forward to the Complaints Division at your local G7 star system, so expect a reply soon!
    Yours, Marketing Division
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Impersonating PWE/Cryptic employees is against ToS. <<<--- Lol.

Also, you all have no idea what orders she is under. Having been in tech, I can tell you sometimes the management gives orders to reveal no details for their own reasons. Not her fault, and anyone who says it is, is a scumbag with no imagination.
  • lupisulupisu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 86 Arc User
    The UTC time on the launcher is once again off by an hour. I know I've harped about this in the past already, but there are a million reliable tools for time zone conversions out there and getting it wrong time and again looks extremely sloppy and unprofessional.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I don't think being snitty about it is going to help matters in the slightest, but I am also frustrated by the lack of official noting when maintenances are just resets, and the general lack of upkeep on announcing when maintenance is done.

While I'm at it, there are several sticky threads in the announcements section that are thoroughly outdated.

For this housekeeping stuff, maybe program whatever device you use for work with a reminder to unsticky a thread once the pertinent date is past, and to post the maintenance complete notices in each location two hours after the start announcement (should be sufficient on days when nothing unexpected happens that warrants unscheduled updating).

I'm trying to be helpful, not tell you how to do your job. I have ADHD (and trust me, this explains *everything* about my forum habits), and need a lot of reminding about scheduled things unless I let the thought of not forgetting to do X or go to Y become an all-consuming obsession.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    There is a difference between saying that the job isn't being performed to expectation and calling someone lazy. That's all I really have to say about it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    The STO CM has his finger on the pulse, just saying . . . .
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    after this maintenance was done I logged in as normal but when I logged in again several hours later I received a small patch of maybe around 2Mb , anyone know what that was about?
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • zactorzactor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    Has maintenance ended yet? I didn't see any official notices saying that it had. The OP didn't mention if there were patch notes either.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    The last time the CM(-bot?) @nitocris83 logged in was exactly for starting this maintenance thread, Feb. 16. Check the (bot's?) profile. Nice way to stay in close contact with the community...
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

after this maintenance was done I logged in as normal but when I logged in again several hours later I received a small patch of maybe around 2Mb , anyone know what that was about?

Shhh . . . Ninja patch. . . nothing to see here. Move along :)

I aim to misbehave
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Pre patching for next mod, probably.
    It's still up, because her and I made a side bet... how long will trolls keep posting HAMSTER in here over nothing.... the over/under is 31 days.... I have the over.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    +3000kb patch when I logged in today. Whats up with that?

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

+3000kb patch when I logged in today. Whats up with that?

It's quite common for Cryptic to 'pre-download' stuff when a new mod or major patch is imminent. It helps decrease the load on the servers on the actual launch day.

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Just open your game file's scan them and top list all new changes. You will see exactly what was changed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    wondering why the launcher is downloading a 1.5 gig patch a day before mod 11 going live.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    Thank you for the still very important information that we had a restart a week ago.
    I guess you can finally un-sticky this thread and make a new one, informing us of preceding and ETA of the new mod?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    Last log in three days ago according to the CM(-bot)'s account Information. Looks like the community is a mere annoying imposition for Cryptic...

Last log in three days ago according to the CM(-bot)'s account Information. Looks like the community is a mere annoying imposition for Cryptic...

Please drop the bot HAMSTER. You sound like you should be studying Algebra I in study hall.....

• ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    This must be some strange, new definition of "2 hours"...

We will be performing shard maintenance on February 21st from 6 AM-12 PM Pacific (14:00-20:00 UTC).

That's the message I get when I try to log-in to the game. The servers are down (after 2.5 hours) and appear to be scheduled for 6 hours of down time, not 2.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2017

2/16 at 7AM PT for roughly two hours.

@ontheleftcoast#2086
    Today ain't the 16th.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
This discussion has been closed.