test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sergeant Knox's 33% reduced incoming damage skill/power/whatever it is

Hey guys,

@kallephi#0836 @michela123 @rjc9000 @thefabricant Any idea of how that skill works (forgot the name, something like "impossible to fail") The tooltip (not to be trusted, that's for sure) states that it reduces incoming damage by 33% but it' doesn't say who's affected it. Besides, how often does it proc or does it have a 100% uptime? I hope you guys can help me out with that.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I don't have a Sgt. Knox to test, so... RIP.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Lilith (from THC) tested it, it only applies to the companion.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

@rjc9000 It's all good.
    urabask said:

@urabask not sure who Lilith is and I suppose THC is a guild but wow, now that's a garbage companion, thanks for your answer lol. I felt curious about it as saw a guy on trade channel saying something like "get Sergeant Knox and take 33% less damage" and it's going for 2 million plus ad on action house lmao (xb1).
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

rjc9000 said:

@rjc9000 It's all good.
    urabask said:

@urabask not sure who Lilith is and I suppose THC is a guild but wow, now that's a garbage companion, thanks for your answer lol. I felt curious about it as saw a guy on trade channel saying something like "get Sergeant Knox and take 33% less damage" and it's going for 2 million plus ad on action house lmao (xb1).
    It's only worth anything because it's a rare drop and prior to the chest change there were only five in the game.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Sorry jaime but I don't know this companion. I'm kinda new to the game, I don't know much about formulas, about old and unique companions.
    I "study" the toons I play deeply, but that's it.
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
    urabask said:

rjc9000 said:

@rjc9000 It's all good.
    urabask said:

It's only worth anything because it's a rare drop and prior to the chest change there were only five in the game.
    @urabask oh I see, still super overpriced though!

Sorry jaime but I don't know this companion. I'm kinda new to the game, I don't know much about formulas, about old and unique companions.
    I "study" the toons I play deeply, but that's it.

@kallephi#0836 no problem bud, see you on whatever my next sw/gf thread will be xD
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    LIKe the bilethorn advertisiment?:) and some hit are not calculated with ri?:)
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    Can confirm the buff only works for the pet.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    For such a bad-hamster in Neverwinter lore, Knox makes a pretty lame companion.
    Cryptic released him with such hype, pomp and publicity too. I remember they had some contests, made him seem like the best pet ever.
    And if that 33% DR applied to the player, better yet as an Active (not summoned) power? Spladow! Best pet ever. A Knox for every tank!
    But, Nah.
    Knox companion is a Macbeth: "full of sound and fury signifying nothing".
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Knox companion is a Macbeth: "full of sound and fury signifying nothing".

Does that mean Knox is going to try and kill us?

I really wouldn't want Knox to be filled "from the crown to the toe top full / Of direst cruelty"... that would be a bad thing (tm).

And if that 33% DR applied to the player, better yet as an Active (not summoned) power? Spladow! Best pet ever. A Knox for every tank!

33% DR would be worthless if you already hit the DR cap, which is totally possible to do on companions with better team bonuses, such as the Con Artist or Dancing Shield.

If it was a mItigation bonus for the player (ie, like GF shield or OP Shield of Faith), now we're talking.