test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Weapon Enhancement Changes

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    So... Bilethorn shards are not available from the seal vendor, nor are Briartwine iirc (though this enchant is in a pretty sad state). With Bilethorn having been elevated to MUST HAVE, predictable things are happening to the auction value of existing items and any new random drops.

I'd suggest getting them added to the vendor as soon as you can, though it's not feasible for Feb 21. General availability is more important than a few people's moneymaking plans.

This was brought up before, but the cost split between shards for adv and prot seals now seems very arbitrary. It's also weird to have the ones with farmable locations included on the vendor while other types are missing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • chemodan007chemodan007 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Bug or Feature: Lightning

On HR: AoE and solo proc calculated from the summ of weapon damage, i.e. bow+dagger, unlike other procs of other enhancements.

Drider
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    That sounds pretty sweet for a Hunter...but probably not intended.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    So I take it Holy Avenger is not getting attention....?

Is Barkshield working correctly?
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    So, digging through 21 pages of testing (thank you to everyone testing), by the sounds of it:

- bilethorn is potentially now king of the hill
    - feytouched isn't far behind, and is in a pretty good spot
    - the others could still use buffs. Lightning doesn't seem too bad, but Flaming for example is still in a sore spot.

Is that about right?
    aaramis75 said:

So, digging through 21 pages of testing (thank you to everyone testing), by the sounds of it:

- bilethorn is potentially now king of the hill
    - feytouched isn't far behind, and is in a pretty good spot
    - the others could still use buffs. Lightning doesn't seem too bad, but Flaming for example is still in a sore spot.

Is that about right?

And poor Avenger is getting the ignored treatment....
  • np55np55 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    Anything on Bronzewood? It's available for testing.. I'm guessing they will work on improving it?
    np55 said:

Anything on Bronzewood? It's available for testing.. I'm guessing they will work on improving it?

In the very first post. They have no plans for it atm.

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    On a warlock my Dreadenchant deals the most dps with a single encounter on a single target, critbuild by sure. Not Bilethorn, not Lightning, not Feytouched.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User

On a warlock my Dreadenchant deals the most dps with a single encounter on a single target, critbuild by sure. Not Bilethorn, not Lightning, not Feytouched.

a lot of ppl still forgets or ignores how easy is to stack and have huge crtic to be honest think dread and vorpal will be better then any others for bis players with good crtic and bondings
  • ktosislavktosislav Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I know that it's Transcendent quality that is important to everybody, but for people who can't afford that (like me - I'm using Greater Dread and it's a miracle I even have THAT) which of those enchantments is the best? I'm playing CW MoF (no bondings) and I'm curious if I should stick with Dread or exchange it for something like Bilethorn or Lightning of similar rarity?
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2017

This is what you get from letting players decide on a balance when they've been using the same OP item for years. Obviously it's never going to change as long as you don't force a change, since people prefer not to feel forced to buy a competitive item to the one they got.

Reminds me LoL balancing with the Juggernaut patch. It was one of those patches where the community decided the balance. They all cried how the reworked champions were going to be useless. Buffed just a bit, then went to live, totally out of control champions.
    I am not fine with dread/vorpal being the go to for SWs.

A damnation lock gets nothing out of using a vorpal. If the puppet could crit, it would be a different story. Slap on a support WE, you lose DPS, as if you weren't gimped enough in damage as it is these days. Same can be applied to a supportive HB temptation lock. Why are crappy DPS builds being punished? It's like the DC rework, and just nerfing the DC's damage, and forcing people to go righteous, though not that extreme.

Very few things are procing WEs reliably now so you can't get any sort of DPS going out of them.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Same thing was happening with lightning all critical hits were not hitting critically in the chains.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I haven't gone to preview to check again, but is Frost fixed by chance to work like tooltip on the 10s duration?
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Even if they were all working as intended, @defiantone99 , you would still find something to complain about....Just giving you HAMSTER. lol
    Is barkshield even confirmed to freakin work now.....?
  • punishercwbpunishercwb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Is Bilethorn overpowered or got nerf from the version we saw in preview?
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Well number 1 these people were probably testing with +12000 power from companion brutality rings that is no longer there.
    Number 2 they were probably testing on something than can't be killed, i.e. dummies, so the DOT was kicking in whereas in most cases trash mobs won't live long enough to even take this damage. I see this enchantment so far in my live testing as..average.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Lighting is better than bile for group pve...
    All monsters are dead before bile tick damage begins, but lightning damage is instant to all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    regarding terror, plague fire and frost

the difference between pure (rank 11) to trans (rank 12) is only 3-10% of your weapon damage while other stat remained the same.
    with the best weapon it increase your damage by 50-150...

why should someone spend so much money to increase those enchants to trans?
    (from rank 11 to 12 its more than 1.5mil = 30$)

what's the business model behind it?
    ï always thought you are making money from selling wards
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Bingo!! I'm holding back before upgrading my terror, btw plague fire seems lackluster, i dont know if people are misjudging because they dont know how it is working with the debuff or if it is actually bad. Either way the stacks seem to fall often if the player is knocked/ needs to revive i would definitivly think in add something else to it, not damage wise, either debuff duration or damage debuff increase to match the DR debuff.

On the other hand flaming prices rushed up, i have no idea why, probably power builds in pve are using it, is anyone here using it because of that?

Frost as well, predictable, it's a good fast debuff that has a protective component, what many people are looking for.

Barkshield.....it's only usefull for casters in pve in party content (this at least in lvl 73 areas), every little hit will consume a charge so the 20k will oftenly be consumed by a 100 or 200 hit, however there are weird things going on with this enchantment, things like : Your barkshield absorves 2(1) damage from axebeak, or 2 hits very close in time having only one charge hitting both for 0 but overall the only good place for it is in pve since even reflections will trigger the charge consume.
    Post edited by treesclimber on

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev

Feytouch long standing bug:

on some powers like thorn ward, cordon of arrows (HR powers), smoke bomb (TR power)
    the enchantment procs the debuff to the enemy but not the damage buff to the WE user.

please fix it
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Nvm what i said about barkshield, it was coldshoulder proc but today i went pvp without any enchant and now i realize how useless barkshield really is.