test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchantments

coldbeer#1097 coldbeer Member Posts: 36 Arc User
I”ve reached a point where I have to decide what I am going to use, even if my gear is a work in progress, because a plan is better that none. At this moment I have 2 choices for 7 offensive and 5 defensive slots:
1. Radiant for 4900 power *(12% dmg) and Dark for 3500 Life Steal (8,5%)
2. Black Ice for 3220 power (8%), 1610 critical (4%) and 1610 recovery (4%) in offensive ; Vicious for 2100 deflect (5%) and 2100 Life Steal (5%) in defensive.
What is the better choice - go full offense/defense or pick a more rounded approach?

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Darks are fine for defense slot. I would suggest Brutals for offense, its end game offense enchant for most of us. You dont use companion? Since you said only 7 offense slots. Radiants are not bad but you will lack crit when you are not in stealth.
  • coldbeer#1097 coldbeer Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    blur#5900 said:

Darks are fine for defense slot. I would suggest Brutals for offense, its end game offense enchant for most of us. You dont use companion? Since you said only 7 offense slots. Radiants are not bad but you will lack crit when you are not in stealth.

I forgot about my Con Artist slots. Brutal and dark sound like a plan, thank you.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I went radiant dark... loving it
    If you want to see how it works on preview I will toss you my enchantments tI keep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

I went radiant dark... loving it

If you want to see how it works on preview I will toss you my enchantments tI keep

What I love about Neverwinter or any other RPG, is that ppl have a different approach to things and all work! I asked because I already have radiant and dark lvl 7-8 and thought I should get a fresh opinion before I invest till the end. Nevertheless, thanks for your kind offer, but I have to think this over to fit in my plans.
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Low level (im thinking you're shooting for rank 7 or 8s?) It's probably more beneficial to run azure. Assuming you're using MI executioner, you'll probably only be in stealth long enough to proc SoD. So you'll need more crit chance for the times when you're not stealth ed. Also assuming you're using a vorpal enchant.
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I run brutals on my bonding companion, and cruel on my character. But, I'm trying to swap out my cruel for black ice enchantments. I run all vicious in my defense slots.

With the single stat enchantments, you get 700 added. With duel stat enchantments, you get 420 of each stat added for a total stat bump of 840. With three it's 920.

I know the pvpers like to stack the power, but I've found, in PVE, a balanced approach seems to perform better for me. It isn't easy to find the balance between power, crit in the 80-90% range, and as much recovery as you can get away with. I don't have access to the big guild boons, so I have less wiggle room in some of my stats and I'd probably do things a little differently if I didn't have to worry about power or life steal so much.

Here was my thinking behind my moving from single stat to multiple stat enchantments, and helps explain, a little, why so many people favor the multiple stats vs single stats, if you want to do a more balanced approach.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    #raymond00713 - I thought about your suggestion, but my avatar is tied up by the need to reach 60% armpen (i have 44% right now) and any change I make will see my armpen go down. Until I buy or luck a armpen mount, nothing is going to change.
    #sirjimbofrancis - I already look on your blog and liked your more rounded approach. Nevertheless, I am still in doubt if this game ”like” rounded play, because I noticed he rewards full offense/defense with a easier gameplay.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    @coldbeer#1097
    Make sure that with your bonding you aren't already over the Armor Pen cap - Mine sits at around 45% normally but gets up over 75% when my bonding procs.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

ravenskya said:

@coldbeer#1097
    Make sure that with your bonding you aren't already over the Armor Pen cap - Mine sits at around 45% normally but gets up over 75% when my bonding procs.

That”s something I never thought before. Worth checking, thank you.
  • kinganuthinkinganuthin Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Ideally you want as much power on your companion as possible.
    Get your character gear to the armp cap, and desired crit.
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    A Guildmate was so friendly giving me on the preview server his Black Ice Enchants R12 for testing.
    So i was a little bit fooling around, doing some heroics and it seems to me Black Ice could be a viable option 2:1 Power/Crit and for me the necessary higher Recovery to bring down some cooldowns for some encounters and higher AP Gain.
    Maybe i can ask if we could do some tests in an run like FBI on the weekend.

For defense: I have an mix between silvery and dark enchants, bc i always thought ok lifesteal is fine, but if i couldn't survive a hit, the highest lifesteal is not an lifesafer..bc i am dead^^.

Small fun Fact:
    Guildwise we did some FBI runs in the last 2 weeks without an Tank class: 2x DC (1 ACDC, 1x DODC, 1x SpellThaum CW, 1x Trapper HR, and my Tr. (1st run)
    On the first boss Hatti, our CW was Soulforged one time at the beginning and then i had the strange situation, that i had the full aggro the whole time. We had an good time in our teamspeak, laughing about the poor Tr (me), trying to handle it.
    (To be clear without the Annoited Army daily i think i had the same chance as an snowball in Hell to survive that, so don't try that at home, school or elsewhere :D ).
    On another run it was an ping pong play between me and natsu our SW, haven't "tested" it with the combination GWF and TR, could be interesting^^.
    talon1970 said:

A Guildmate was so friendly giving me on the preview server his Black Ice Enchants R12 for testing.
    So i was a little bit fooling around, doing some heroics and it seems to me Black Ice could be a viable option 2:1 Power/Crit and for me the necessary higher Recovery to bring down some cooldowns for some encounters and higher AP Gain.
    Maybe i can ask if we could do some tests in an run like FBI on the weekend.

For defense: I have an mix between silvery and dark enchants, bc i always thought ok lifesteal is fine, but if i couldn't survive a hit, the highest lifesteal is not an lifesafer..bc i am dead^^.

Small fun Fact:
    Guildwise we did some FBI runs in the last 2 weeks without an Tank class: 2x DC (1 ACDC, 1x DODC, 1x SpellThaum CW, 1x Trapper HR, and my Tr. (1st run)
    On the first boss Hatti, our CW was Soulforged one time at the beginning and then i had the strange situation, that i had the full aggro the whole time. We had an good time in our teamspeak, laughing about the poor Tr (me), trying to handle it.
    (To be clear without the Annoited Army daily i think i had the same chance as an snowball in Hell to survive that, so don't try that at home, school or elsewhere :D ).
    On another run it was an ping pong play between me and natsu our SW, haven't "tested" it with the combination GWF and TR, could be interesting^^.

Good info, ty.
  • araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Am I the only one using Radiants on defense?

I'm using Vicious on my companion for Deflect/Lifesteal, and have plenty of LS from artifacts and my guild boon. My achilles heel as a TR is that I don't get hit often, but when I do I often get one-shot. Since I've been stacking HP (currently at 125k total) I have enough hp left after a big hit that I can disengage and attack from a distance to proc LS and heal as fast as I can (25% LS).
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Not a bad tactic.... and with that life pool you should be OK even vs orcus aoe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    Thank you for input Morenthar. Right now I am trying to include Psion”s Shroud in my build to reach 120 k hp, not until i got 2 rosegold rings though. I played with lvl 8 radiant and lvl 9 black ice enchantments in offense slots, the power seem better to me in the long run, but I am going to try the brutal approach as well.