test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Farewell Commander Ander!

loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
@commanderander is off to Blizzard to work on WoW! Thanks for your work on the game and best of luck in your new environment!

He was probably best known for his work on the story and zone quests. Hard to deny that there has been improvement since Underdark.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Source?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Doesn't WoW make enough money.....? This game needs all the designers it can get..
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Doesn't WoW make enough money.....? This game needs all the designers it can get..

It probably needs to pay them more :-)
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Noooooo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    loboguild said:
    I cant help but see this as a huge improvement for him. Good luck.

PS: In regard to the comment below mine. We cant be sure of course but losing talent is never good. This guy was one of the creative forces behind City Of Heroes and everyone agrees his work only improved Neverwinter. Hm anyway I'm holding back on any and all purchases for the foreseeable future.
    Post edited by waywardwizard#4349 on
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Rats and a sinking ship?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Hopefully we get rid of boring repeating quests we have to do every day.

Was he the one that "invented" fishing? Good riddance then xD

But I am a bit worried on where this leaves NW. Is anyone replacing these devs that leaves? Or do we now have a smaller force of devs working on the game?

@nitocris83

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    He will be missed. I loved the development he'd been doing with expanding the story of Knox's squad.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    We are going to miss him a ton over here but he's going to a great team at Blizzard. The people on the design team for WoW are fantastic (you don't spend Blizzcon and a day at Disneyland with them without it being magical!).

There's actually a lot of talent swap between Blizzard and Cryptic. It often comes down to if someone wants to live in NorCal or SoCal! :D
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Noooooo

Do not want.

We are going to miss him a ton over here but he's going to a great team at Blizzard. The people on the design team for WoW are fantastic (you don't spend Blizzcon and a day at Disneyland with them without it being magical!).

There's actually a lot of talent swap between Blizzard and Cryptic. It often comes down to if someone wants to live in NorCal or SoCal! :D

Huh, didn't know that.

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Good luck on the new adventures! Hopefully some of your approach has rubbed off on the team so they can continue to improve storytelling in this game.

Based on what Julia said, good luck on the move too!
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    @commanderander
    You are phenomenal good sir, and thank you so much for all the awesome work you did on Neverwinter!

va8Ru.gif
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    kreatyve said:

Source?

Funny you have to ask, isnt it? ;)

Good luck to commanderander!

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

loboguild said:
    I cant help but see this as a huge improvement for him. Good luck.

PS: In regard to the comment below mine. We cant be sure of course but losing talent is never good. This guy was one of the creative forces behind City Of Heroes and everyone agrees his work only improved Neverwinter. Hm anyway I'm holding back on any and all purchases for the foreseeable future.
    Yes I remember him more as as Dr Aeon rather than Commander Ander too.

One of the good guys.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    @commanderander on Play with the Devs day

Commander Ander
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min