test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Add Mount Insignias To Crafting Professions

armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
Many insignias are in short supply and very expensive if you can even find them.

Being able to craft them via professions would (imo) be very useful and keep the AH pricing at a reasonable level.
Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
Xane De Armadeon: CW
Zen De Armadeon: OP
Zohar De Armadeon: TR
Chrion De Armadeon: SW
Gosti Big Belly: GWF
Barney McRustbucket: GF
Lt. Thackeray: HR
Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

Comments

• lensmanjelensmanje Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    or add them to the enchantment system so you can refine them
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    add new profession, Stablemaster, hybrid of blacksmith/artifacter, and add trainer menu.

change the glyphs to be more easy recognizable icons.
    Horseshoes > blacksmith for penrations
    saddles > leather for speed buffs
    spurs > artifactors for resistances
    barding > platemail for defense value
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Green Insignias are cheap. Blue ones reasonable and epic are expensive. If epic insignia would be a must have, I would agree, but they are just nice to have.

If you want a BIS character and ADs dont matter, dish out a few millions AD for the epic insignias, otherwise you will 'lose' 1.5k stats and some AP gain etc. Keep in mind, that BIS players have (without outside buffs) more then 100k stats in fight and AP gain, CA etc. have severe diminishing return. The difference is less then 1% in effectiveness.

Neither refinement or a profession for insignias is needed. Anything like that would make the lockbox reward with insignias a total waste.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Green insignias from lockboxes are an insult. Esp. since that is the only place to get purple.
    no greens allow in any lockboxes
    we can get those greens from any overland chests/non-key dungeon chests with chances of getting blues.
    they shouldnt be in any profession node kits unless they have stablemaster as part of professions.

if any blues from lockboxes, and they should be unique blue versions, not those ridicilous easy to get blue version trashes.
  • fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I bought a key with the coupon yesterday, 2 green barbed insignias with deflect from the latest lockbox (Giant), worth less than 150ad after AH fees. Glad I spent 75 zen on that... 25K AD to make 150 AD.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    asterotg said:

Green Insignias are cheap. Blue ones reasonable and epic are expensive. If epic insignia would be a must have, I would agree, but they are just nice to have.

If you want a BIS character and ADs dont matter, dish out a few millions AD for the epic insignias, otherwise you will 'lose' 1.5k stats and some AP gain etc. Keep in mind, that BIS players have (without outside buffs) more then 100k stats in fight and AP gain, CA etc. have severe diminishing return. The difference is less then 1% in effectiveness.

Neither refinement or a profession for insignias is needed. Anything like that would make the lockbox reward with insignias a total waste.

A minor point; they don't add 1.5k in stats, they add up to 4.5k, (each insignia gives 200 + 100, multiplied by a max of 15 insignia).

I would argue that the introduction of harder content like FBI has made the increase in stats and accompanying mount bonuses relevant for all players over 3.1k. If you wish to play this content effectively then you need to invest in this area. This is also highly relevant for classes that have received nerfs recently, such as the Prot Paladin which is my main.

I'm not a 4.3k BiS player with millions of AD. My OP is 3.6k with all r10 enchantments and I currently have about 50k spare AD. The recent nerfs to my class have essentially made the investment in higher stats very necessary but the problem for the OP is they require a wide spread of high stats (power, crit, recovery, armor pen, HP, defence).

Point being; I reject your statement that these stats are for BiS players only.

Back on the main point. Due to changing my mount bonus I need to find an extra 2k armor pen. I can't afford to swap out enchantments so I've been looking at mount insignias. On Xbox, there are currently a total of 24 purple Aggression insignias on the Auction House - that's all types put together. The prices range from 150k for a Regal to nearly 900k for a Barbed.

I dutifully used all 3 of my Regal slots + 1 Illuminated (300k) but I'm still short on stats so I need to buy 3 Barbed, the total current cost would be a ridiculous 2.6 million - or roughly 2.9k per stat point. Bear in mind that a r12 enchantment averages at 1.5 mil, or 2.14k per stat point. Also unlike enchantments, I do not have the option of taking a lower level one and ranking it up.

Having a system where you introduce insignias but then greatly restrict their availability is obviously just weird - as is making them character instead of account bound if gained via a dungeon drop (or even unbound, why not unbound!? let people sell them, increase the supply on the AH and put the prices back into a sensible range!).

A point for Cryptic of course; if popular insignias were within the reach of most players earnings it would most likely have a positive impact of mount purchases from the Zen market.

I also agree with other comments that green insignias from lockboxes is just plain wrong, it's a complete insult. I've opened several of these and they were all green. Such terrible drops from packs has a negative impact on players incentive to purchase lockbox keys.

armadeonx said:

asterotg said:

A minor point; they don't add 1.5k in stats, they add up to 4.5k, (each insignia gives 200 + 100, multiplied by a max of 15 insignia).

I would argue that the introduction of harder content like FBI has made the increase in stats and accompanying mount bonuses relevant for all players over 3.1k. If you wish to play this content effectively then you need to invest in this area. This is also highly relevant for classes that have received nerfs recently, such as the Prot Paladin which is my main.

I'm not a 4.3k BiS player with millions of AD. My OP is 3.6k with all r10 enchantments and I currently have about 50k spare AD. The recent nerfs to my class have essentially made the investment in higher stats very necessary but the problem for the OP is they require a wide spread of high stats (power, crit, recovery, armor pen, HP, defence).

Point being; I reject your statement that these stats are for BiS players only.

Back on the main point. Due to changing my mount bonus I need to find an extra 2k armor pen. I can't afford to swap out enchantments so I've been looking at mount insignias. On Xbox, there are currently a total of 24 purple Aggression insignias on the Auction House - that's all types put together. The prices range from 150k for a Regal to nearly 900k for a Barbed.

I dutifully used all 3 of my Regal slots + 1 Illuminated (300k) but I'm still short on stats so I need to buy 3 Barbed, the total current cost would be a ridiculous 2.6 million - or roughly 2.9k per stat point. Bear in mind that a r12 enchantment averages at 1.5 mil, or 2.14k per stat point. Also unlike enchantments, I do not have the option of taking a lower level one and ranking it up.

Having a system where you introduce insignias but then greatly restrict their availability is obviously just weird - as is making them character instead of account bound if gained via a dungeon drop (or even unbound, why not unbound!? let people sell them, increase the supply on the AH and put the prices back into a sensible range!).

A point for Cryptic of course; if popular insignias were within the reach of most players earnings it would most likely have a positive impact of mount purchases from the Zen market.

I also agree with other comments that green insignias from lockboxes is just plain wrong, it's a complete insult. I've opened several of these and they were all green. Such terrible drops from packs has a negative impact on players incentive to purchase lockbox keys.

You misread my post. I said, that the price for blue insignias is reasonable. The difference between blue insignias and purple ones is 1.5k stats. With decent gear and blue insignias you will be deep into diminishing returns for CA, AP gain etc., so these should be irrelevant.

You can get the blue insignias for 10-30k AD or as free boss drops. The purple ones (with sought after boni) go for 150-1500k AD. Many blue insignias are free from drops. My reasoning is like that: You can get all the insignia you want in blue for free or up to 300k AD OR you can spent a few million ADs for 1.5k more stats (compared to blue ones). That why I said, that changes are not needed.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Ah yes I did misread that point. The difference in that case would be 2.25k points, but that's just me nitpicking ;)

I do think they should unbind purple drops and keep greens out of insignia packs at the very least though. The amount of price flipping I see due to low supply and high demand is ridiculous. Also how frustrating is it for players who get a purple drop just to find it's not only one they can't use but they also can't sell? There's no shortage of players that would want to buy them.

armadeonx said:

Ah yes I did misread that point. The difference in that case would be 2.25k points, but that's just me nitpicking ;)

I do think they should unbind purple drops and keep greens out of insignia packs at the very least though. The amount of price flipping I see due to low supply and high demand is ridiculous. Also how frustrating is it for players who get a purple drop just to find it's not only one they can't use but they also can't sell? There's no shortage of players that would want to buy them.

I agree on the green drops and would agree on bound purple insignias, but I never saw one. As far as I know, they are exclusive from some packs in lock box chests. These things are all unbound, to my knowledge.

any and all the tiers from lockboxes are too wide and broad general "easy to get" trashes, whoever designed list of insignia for lockboxes wasnt clearly didnt see right.

in my opinion, any insignias coming from lockboxes are suppose to be unique, i mean Unique insignia, Yes i said Unique!

if we get blues, please allow those become upgradeable by crafting by professions, we been seeing some professions sitting unused for months after they maxed. only those from lockboxes get upgradeables and those we looted anywhere are not craftable.
    it is nice for players to loot since some are too young to use CC or refuse zen market insignias as thier only option and those could be just as good and lockbox version are optional to buy for better upgrades by few notches better.
    those who use keys for lockboxes and not wanting any new insignias since they already have it, they can sell to other players or use as raffle prizes to guild members or gifts to unguilded friends.