test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fangbreaker Island Reward....

I go, my first run, I brave it with my guild, all unknowledgable so it stays fun. We beat it first try all with 3100 gearscore.... And my reward for braving this monstrosity? A flawless Saphire... Are you kidding me? I know there has to be bad rewards. But thats just dumb.

Comments

• umarachnea#5673 umarachnea Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Had a similar first run. Took 3.5 hrs, and got the impeccable Flawless Sapphire... got mad.. but then, I really wanted the gear, so I went back in... the rewards are definitely the best of any other dungeon so far. in about 17-20 runs I've gotten 5 of the 8 armor pieces (still missing the 2 I need), all purple rings, and a few black opals. A friend got a brilliant diamond too...

I would add that you get decent Voninblod and relics to keep the gear empowered, at least until we manage to get it vivified. It gets easier with time, and you can shave off some time, making it a much more worthy endeavor.

Don't let the first run discourage you. My average seems to be 1 drop every 4-5 runs for relic gear.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    20 runs = 1 helmet , and that is not even the one i need.
    I get a lot of black opals though. ....... oh the joy =)
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    I wrote in one of the earliest posts about the loot from FBI.

I does suck to get an Elven piece of gear from it I won't lie. But at least it's not a +1 ring like most of the time from CN.
    Of course CN is not nearly as "hard" as FBI, so maybe that's fair? "shrug"

I was indeed very lucky on my first 5 runs or so. I got a full Ward GF armor apart from boots which I "need" to grind those stupid HAMSTER HE's to get ugh!

All in all, I would say that FBI is by far, the best dungeon I played since the removal of the legacy ones (yeah we can actually call them legacy now). It's hard and challenging, especially the mountain climb.

The loot is pretty decent, but I do think each boss should have a guaranteed purple drop there. If most of our income is salvage (which itself is stupid) we should earn those RAD along the way to the final boss room. After the key changes, that should be the least we can have from the dev's to make our time worth the effort.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • superjellybabysuperjellybaby Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    The rewards are not too shabby. I've done maybe 30 runs now accross 3 characters and my main has 3/4 relic drops just missing the chest piece and you get a decent supply of rp and r8 enchants along with some salavage fodder, Dont get me wrong it wouldnt be worth 3.5hours of failing buy we run it in usually around 30 mins with 2 randoms and its a lot more fun than farming CN.

I remember back in mod 4 running cavern like 50+ times for that one piece of miracle healer gear

The rewards are not too shabby. I've done maybe 30 runs now accross 3 characters and my main has 3/4 relic drops just missing the chest piece and you get a decent supply of rp and r8 enchants along with some salavage fodder, Dont get me wrong it wouldnt be worth 3.5hours of failing buy we run it in usually around 30 mins with 2 randoms and its a lot more fun than farming CN.

I remember back in mod 4 running cavern like 50+ times for that one piece of miracle healer gear

Not all are so lucky. I know people who run 50 + and got pretty much one piece of the new gear .
    =(

Now do not get me wrong. I like the opals i get. I really do. They are nice and shiney.
    But heck not a lot of people run FBI and my guild is still getting our regular members through the first one.
    As i said, 20 runs and i got a cleric regeneration helmet.
    It is killing me. I already got the weapons to purple and getting them up to the point of refinement to legendary. So when i finally get marks in the msva i ll be able to do it right away.
    But heck even that is killing me too... i got 1 superior mark so far.
    Maybe i am just a bad cleric . Or maybe i am really unlucky with the RNG. =/

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Not everyone has the RNG's special love that some do. For those of you that say "I don't think the rewards are that bad" - remember that when the next mod comes out. By not holding Cryptic's feet to the fire, we're implying that it's okay to run a 2+ hour dungeon for a sapphire. Which, BTW, is what I got on my first FBI run as well. I haven't been back since.

Even the old CN (and all of the other "legacy" dungeons) dropped gear at the end that you could sell if you won the roll. Other than the BiS climb, why do we need to spend 2 hours for a sapphire?
    I aim to misbehave
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Not to mention the 28 days of campaign to get there plus the frost resist gate. I am not planning ongoing in there.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    The thing is looking at the all around HAMSTER that we do have in chests, FBI is ok'ish.
    It all a matter of perspective, if you compare a paper toy to a space ship it does look bad.

We do not claim that FBI has excellent rewards. As I said, each boss should drop something, I'm not a huge dungeon farmer, but in something like 15 runs 1st boss dropped for me only once (sound a bit...)

The turtle thing never drops anything!!!!!!!! it's so obvious it should have a chance to drop moult, but nope!

And Drufi? well maybe once or twice, but nothing too fenomenal.

At least we do not have blue HAMSTER from the dungeon....as above. If we compare apple to a pile of HAMSTER it looks ok. That's the case when we're looking at FBI drops and basically all the rest we have in the game.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2017

loot goes directly to inventory from dragon turtle.

I did not even know the turtle gives loot.
    Never got any to begin with.

edited January 2017
    I just don't see how people can run CN hundreds of times hoping to get the orcus shard (which admittedly seems to drop more often now) and have issues with FBI.

Even running it once a week for the Ostorian Resin (think it's that) is still not a bad deal. As @kemi1984 said, when compared to others, it's not bad. I lost count of how many CN runs I had, and never had anything of use that I could sell and make some decent AD... we're talking hundreds of times. FBI, in about 25-30 runs, I now have all the relic pieces, lots of refinement items one of which is a Brilliant Diamond. I've had no luck elsewhere in the game.

RNG is RNG. Some people will have more luck than others, but so far, this is the best gear we can get, so might as well get it. At least run it just to do something different if for no other reason.

I see like this: Number of Demo runs v/s number of +5 rings received compared to number of FBI runs v/s items that are useful... FBI wins.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    35 runs here. One relic drop. ONE. I mostly run it with the same ppl. Guess how many relic gear pieces my friends had? 1-2. Asked another guy with full relic set how many runs he had to do to get all them shinnies. 20+ per piece =) That's before they supposedly improved the loot. 5 runs after the patch. Same ppl, 0 relic drop, 1 worthless blue companion for me, nothing for them. This days i run FBI once a week. Simply no motivation to bother. Now i didn't mind running old t2 dungeons 20+ times per piece of the old pre-mod 6 sets. They were ready to use, had awesome set bonuses & required no fuel. But to do the same for a rusted junk? You must be kidding.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I've run about 35 as well. I've gotten the chest piece, which I am happy about, and also 2 assault pieces I salvaged ( a chest and an arms.) Also got a BOE Dancing Blade. Is this good for drops? Better than I expected awhile ago, but still not progressing my character at a rate I would like. One more raid piece and I'd say it was reasonable.

These days I do an FBI or a couple MSVAs (weapons still purple). Don't have time for much else. Takes too long to get a group for either of these, plus the runs themselves. (Without a good 4k group, FBI often runs 90+ minutes.)

I will say that I often get good salvage for the time spent, however--between boss drops and drops from chest.
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    I don't mind the drop rates so much...like stated before it's rng..I've done about 30 runs and have gotten 3 relic pieces, (only 1 that I want to equip)...what's worse is that it's a EXTREMELY laggy, glitchy P.O.S. of a dungeon...forget the rubber banding and random deaths from red AOE's that don't appear until your dead, and forget that your soulforged is glitchy and delayed....they can't even get the group circles to work...you have to keep bringing up the purple circle to enter next part of dungeon, the other day it took 7 tries to enter the caves!!!
    I have to ask: As opposed to what?

I've run CN ad nauseum, about 800 times (conservatively), and never got a shard or anything worth it for me... just salvage. In total it took me about 50-60 FBI runs (wasn't really counting) to get all of my pieces, lots of RP, and recently a couple of companions, and 2 Shard of Permafrost (-50% vb consumption)...

FBI, while Glitchy with a chance of Lag, is still fun and a welcome change from the others... and its rewards by far better..

So what else are we to run and what rewards will you get that are better?

I have to ask: As opposed to what?

I've run CN ad nauseum, about 800 times (conservatively), and never got a shard or anything worth it for me... just salvage. In total it took me about 50-60 FBI runs (wasn't really counting) to get all of my pieces, lots of RP, and recently a couple of companions, and 2 Shard of Permafrost (-50% vb consumption)...

FBI, while Glitchy with a chance of Lag, is still fun and a welcome change from the others... and its rewards by far better..

So what else are we to run and what rewards will you get that are better?

I am up to 50 runs sweetie and no gear yet. Got one piece and that was the regeneration helmet. I do not need it.
    I gave up after that. I do not hope for any of the gear any more. If i do it, i do it to help the guildies as a DC.

I'm not arguing the drop rate is great... as I mentioned my friends still did not get all their pieces, even though they ran a few times more than me...

I'm simply asking if we were willing to run CN and the other dungeons hundreds of times and not get anything, and yet still run them... why would we have issues with 50-100 runs, or even more, to get the best gear? Because we can't buy it?

Hence the question: what else are we to run?

All I care about is being able to complete the newest content, with the best items i can get... how hard will you grind is up to you, but not to run at all because the drop rate is low? might as well just stop playing the game, because everything has a very low drop rate, at least for me...

Let's not hold a double standard here... there isn't a single dungeon with better drop rates...
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017

I'm not arguing the drop rate is great... as I mentioned my friends still did not get all their pieces, even though they ran a few times more than me...

I'm simply asking if we were willing to run CN and the other dungeons hundreds of times and not get anything, and yet still run them... why would we have issues with 50-100 runs, or even more, to get the best gear? Because we can't buy it?

Hence the question: what else are we to run?

All I care about is being able to complete the newest content, with the best items i can get... how hard will you grind is up to you, but not to run at all because the drop rate is low? might as well just stop playing the game, because everything has a very low drop rate, at least for me...

Let's not hold a double standard here... there isn't a single dungeon with better drop rates...

Because it's possible to run FBI and get nothing but a couple peridots, a sapphire and some campaign currency.

Once you've got your armor there's basically no reason to run it. I've got the full raid set on my CW and only needed the chest piece of my DC so I'm done with the dungeon unless some guildmates are looking for a healer/dps so they can get their armor.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

Because it's possible to run FBI and get nothing but a couple peridots, a sapphire and some campaign currency.

Once you've got your armor there's basically no reason to run it. I've got the full raid set on my CW and only needed the chest piece of my DC so I'm done with the dungeon unless some guildmates are looking for a healer/dps so they can get their armor.

I'm not denying that. I myself will only run it to help guildies or friends, now that I have my pieces.

But saying "it has terrible drop rates, I don't wanna run it" is what I have issues with, since all the other dungeons have worse drop rates or at best, equal... That is all I'm addressing.

urabask said:

I'm not denying that. I myself will only run it to help guildies or friends, now that I have my pieces.

But saying "it has terrible drop rates, I don't wanna run it" is what I have issues with, since all the other dungeons have worse drop rates or at best, equal... That is all I'm addressing.
    The difference is that I can get a bunch of random people in guild and run CN without a tank even and in 10-12 minutes. 25-30 minute FBI runs where we're dependent on having a good DC, tank, and at least one good DPS is too much effort for rewards that can be worse than one run of CN.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    Yes it is harder, if not the hardest. Hence why the potential reward is bigger. Overall, the average reward from FBI is better.. and yes it takes longer, even with the right team will take 20 minutes.. that's twice as long as CN...

Let's not get sidetracked here... I'm not saying everyone must run it or quit... if you don't want to, then don't that is fine.. if you don't want the armor, then fine too... your game your choice...

Just don't say it has terrible rewards and is not worth it, when the same applies to the other dungeons..
    edited February 2017

Yes it is harder, if not the hardest. Hence why the potential reward is bigger. Overall, the average reward from FBI is better.. and yes it takes longer, even with the right team will take 20 minutes.. that's twice as long as CN...

Let's not get sidetracked here... I'm not saying everyone must run it or quit... if you don't want to, then don't that is fine.. if you don't want the armor, then fine too... your game your choice...

Just don't say it has terrible rewards and is not worth it, when the same applies to the other dungeons..

This just isn't true. Overall the reward evens out to be about the same as CN for twice as much time. There are just too many runs where you get 0-2 pieces of salvage and a sapphire. If both the end chests guaranteed a piece of salvage it would be worth running but until then it's a crapshoot.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited February 2017
    You still ran it on 2 characters. Got the pieces.... and yet here you are arguing against it?

I'm not saying keep farming it even after you get everything you need, because what else? I know the answer to that question...

I'm addressing the OP, and then following up on people who were saying the drop rate is bogus, it's not worth farming it for the best rewards (The Relic Armor)...

Once you get the Relic Armor, is not even part of this discussion...
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    FBI rewards are way better then CN. U get alot of salvage alot of rank 8 and all compaions mounts ... are BoE in FBI were in CN u often get account bound stuff. Some runs are very bad (no salvage no rank8 only some peridot bossdrop but on average its easily the best)
    I basicly only run FBI for the most part and my groups are making a very good amount of AD even when buying Legendary dragon keys. In CN its very unlikely that u get even half of the key kost back

Read that twice: im buying dragon keys and make AD. For which other dungeon can u say that?
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

[...] and all companions mounts ... are BoE in FBI [...]

I expect Cryptic to fix this bug soon.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Sad story bro :'( Totally unfair, you should get 2 floating discs at least.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Personally, I think there should be a chance at BI Warhorse. (already got floating disc) :smile:
    edited February 2017

tom#6998 said:

[...] and all companions mounts ... are BoE in FBI [...]

I expect Cryptic to fix this bug soon.

It's not really true though. You can get unbound companions/artifacts/mounts from CN too.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Mounts???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!