test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloaked Ascendancy Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170131a.3 (Edit 2/3 - SPC Master open)

Comments

• fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    @terramak
    I see two things in your opening post I assume to be typos:
    1. Something about flaming and feytouched DoTs...should be flaming and plaguefire if I understood that other thread correctly
    2. Dragon loyalists Visage...since the skeletal dog is undead, not draconic in nature I wouldn´t expect any special interaction between thouse two items.

• weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    warpet said:

weaver936 said:

drauks said:

Ya, I do not think the game needs another 3.1k dungeon right now. It is very hard to get an invite to Svardborg or FBI unless you are 4k IL. I am sure the rest of the playerbase would like to run new content.

There's been how many double refinements lately? I'm just gonna disagree, think that this is a fun addition, and that there are a lot more people which will be able to run this when it hits than when FBI and SVA did.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify, I would love more new content to run, but I'm just not in line with thinking that this dungeon is going to gate too many people out of it as the community tended to do with FBI and SVA.
    I think it will. All you will see is LF2M Tank/AA DC 4k+ for SP.
    Then do something creative and useful like Form groups yourself.. instead of waiting for someone else to do the hard work and you just + for their group.... *sigh*
    and then u cant find dc or tank and ppl just leave cause its hard to find them in 3k+range and worst of all we dont need them to be even 2.5k dcs can have perma aa
    Start the group Looking for Support Toons first... I do this every DAY... instead of whining.. think.. and do something useful. Even in what's supposedly the worst mod EVER (lol) we still make parties, finish content and are ANTI-Elitists .. so we include basically everyone. Bondings or not.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

warpet said:

weaver936 said:

drauks said:

Ya, I do not think the game needs another 3.1k dungeon right now. It is very hard to get an invite to Svardborg or FBI unless you are 4k IL. I am sure the rest of the playerbase would like to run new content.

There's been how many double refinements lately? I'm just gonna disagree, think that this is a fun addition, and that there are a lot more people which will be able to run this when it hits than when FBI and SVA did.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify, I would love more new content to run, but I'm just not in line with thinking that this dungeon is going to gate too many people out of it as the community tended to do with FBI and SVA.
    Then do something creative and useful like Form groups yourself.. instead of waiting for someone else to do the hard work and you just + for their group.... *sigh*
    and then u cant find dc or tank and ppl just leave cause its hard to find them in 3k+range and worst of all we dont need them to be even 2.5k dcs can have perma aa
    Start the group Looking for Support Toons first... I do this every DAY... instead of whining.. think.. and do something useful. Even in what's supposedly the worst mod EVER (lol) we still make parties, finish content and are ANTI-Elitists .. so we include basically everyone. Bondings or not.
    Or play support toons
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

weaver936 said:

warpet said:

weaver936 said:

drauks said:

Or play support toons
    i do have gf and mof renegade cw but dont see the point of making them bis at all what will i gain ?only weapons enchants are worth to improve and i do have perfect plague
    To be honest i always say to ppl who dont have plenty of time to make supports because they dont need high ilvl and no use at all to make them a lot higher then 2.5k ilvl
  • mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User

drauks said:

So, you are saying that all people are looking for are Tanks and Clerics? I would add MOF's in there as well. The 4K+ is just wishful thinking for the most part for these classes as there are so few 4K support toons in the game. I have run mSVA well over 300 times and did so with 3.2 to 3.5 K clerics and MOF's.. the tanks have been higher IL but that is because in our guild we are lucky enough to have few 4K tanks for PVP and a couple that are dedicated PVE. My main is a Paly that I changed to when I saw the need for him early in mod 10. I changed from my Rouge because, at this moment as you know, GWF's, SW's and CW's will get chosen before a Rouge in the need for DPS toons regardless of IL. There is not a day that goes by that I don't get invited to dungeon runs or skirmishes outside of my normal group that I run with. I would love to encourage everyone to level a viable support toon as an alt but that might mean less runs for me. Gosh with 7 legendary rings from mSVA alone... I kind of like being needed.. does that make an Elitist?
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    No answer yet about the "Companions can no longer trigger Underdark ring effects on their owners"?

Does this mean Brutal/Rising/Sudden stats will not be transferable by Companion's Gift (Bonding Stones) anymore?

Or is this patch note refering to another effect that has nothing to do with Bondings?
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Yes - please clarify what was intended by "Companions can no longer trigger Underdark ring effects on their owners."
    This is causing a helluva lot of debate.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

No answer yet about the "Companions can no longer trigger Underdark ring effects on their owners"?

Does this mean Brutal/Rising/Sudden stats will not be transferable by Companion's Gift (Bonding Stones) anymore?

Or is this patch note refering to another effect that has nothing to do with Bondings?

I tested them last night. There is no change at all to UD rings on preview. So, my guess is that the next patch will cause UD rings to not trigger on pets. The fix just did not go through or something.
    Either that or some of the ability rings maybe could be worn by the companion yet trigger the effect on the owner. Stuff like impenetrability, fortress, charging bull, vanishing presence, reflex sight, etc. They aren't very popular so it wouldn't surprise me if the behavior went unnoticed.

The specific wording "no longer trigger Underdark ring effects on their owners" sounds like it's fixing an issue where the ring was on the companion but the effect was on the owner. For bondings (and augments too) sudden rings correctly grant the stats to the companion, not the owner. It just so happens that through bonding or augment stat transfer, those stats then get passed on to the owner too. If they were changing the way this works I would hope that their wording would be a little different.

But yeah, some clarity would be nice as it would significantly change the preferred companion landscape sudden rings no longer triggered on companions at all.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Just tested Ambush and Vanishing presence on live, they do not transfer from pet to owner with bondings.

Maybe Ambush and Vanishing (among other rings of this kind) did transfer their effects from companion to owner even without Bonding, and that is what was fixed, but we will never know for sure until the devs confirm this theory.

Or maybe you are right and the devs just forgot to put this change on this patch, which means next patch Brutal/Rising/Sudden will no longer interact with owner through companion + bonding.
    edited February 2017
    Mod 10 -10.5 didn't MAKE the community Elitist.. certain segments always were (they really don't want to be bothered with other people or hard content, after all)... it's just now the highest dungeons aren't/won't be just a casual stroll through a park or whatever.

People without real skill or proper builds suddenly find out that Item Level doesn't matter as much as they thought it did. They take their 4k ID Cards to all the cool clubs (Elite Channels) hoping that some of those random Pugs that are formed there can carry them through so they can feel super-cool again...

4k DPS groups aren't a matter of NEED... (most of the time)... it's a matter of Greed or Laziness. And saying that FBI/eSVA or SPC is something that NEEDS 4k to do is really uninformed. Just because you can't que public in the Que System or Custom Channels easily doesn't mean no one is doing the content like decent human beings and treating others with respect.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    No I think what the problem is, is that everyone wants to run dungeons in the quickest and most efficient method possible. That is where the elitism comes. I have had much more fun runs that took 2 hours in CN than in the runs that take 15 minutes. It is all a matter of each person plays the game to what they want to get out of it, and in that since there are no "improper builds" as any build can complete any content in the game. It is all a matter of how long it will take to finish, and that is where the issue lies.

No I think what the problem is, is that everyone wants to run dungeons in the quickest and most efficient method possible. That is where the elitism comes. I have had much more fun runs that took 2 hours in CN than in the runs that take 15 minutes. It is all a matter of each person plays the game to what they want to get out of it, and in that since there are no "improper builds" as any build can complete any content in the game. It is all a matter of how long it will take to finish, and that is where the issue lies.

Mod 9 and previous mentality :D. As far as build is concerned. Sure.. anyone can be present and get carried through content pre mod 10... but Mod 10+... well it's much harder. There is a balance between Elitist and Leech... trying to do what's helpful to others and not just one self is that balance,

edited February 2017
    And that is why I am glad my guild is a casual guild, that does not really mind not having speed runs through every content. If it takes 1 hour to run CN/FBI everyone stays and makes it work. I have seen some odd party combinations from my guild runs, but they have all worked in the end.

But back on topic, it will be interesting to see when we run MSPC on live, but as always we will adapt and conquer.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User

Just tested Ambush and Vanishing presence on live, they do not transfer from pet to owner with bondings.

Maybe Ambush and Vanishing (among other rings of this kind) did transfer their effects from companion to owner even without Bonding, and that is what was fixed, but we will never know for sure until the devs confirm this theory.

Or maybe you are right and the devs just forgot to put this change on this patch, which means next patch Brutal/Rising/Sudden will no longer interact with owner through companion + bonding.
    I tested vanishing before on a companion and it made the companion vanish not me.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User

terramak said:

Companions can no longer trigger Underdark ring effects on their owners.
    Hopefully this was explained already. What I see on xbox is when my companion goes into battle, it triggers the rings I am wearing on my character even though I might not be in combat yet, and hopeful this is the intent of this statement.

I did not have time to read all the pages yet, sorry if this is redundant.

TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    terramak said:

@terramak could you possibly explain the intended behavior with this change?

I think that there is a lot of conjecture going around, and it would be good to know one way or the other whether this is supposed to prevent sudden / rising rings from triggering on companions at all, or whether this is addressing some other less-known behavior.

Thanks in advance!
  • trieper47#8124 trieper47 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    dupeks said:

terramak said:

@terramak could you possibly explain the intended behavior with this change?

I think that there is a lot of conjecture going around, and it would be good to know one way or the other whether this is supposed to prevent sudden / rising rings from triggering on companions at all, or whether this is addressing some other less-known behavior.

Thanks in advance!
    TLDR - I second this as some more clarity is needed in that note. A LOT MORE!

Right now - given how often its been brought up without response by the devs - it echoes their dodgy-ness when the key change happened and they were challenged with the direct question of "What will the actual drop rate be?"

So what does mean exactly? Right now until told otherwise Im going to assume it means we will no longer get the effects through Comp Gift when those rings trigger for the 2-10 secs depending on ring lvl. Which is basically an inadvertent nerf to bondings. Further to that - word around the campfire is new companion gear is coming - so perhaps its meant to push people into acquiring those to benefit more from Comp Gift.

Have you not learned from SKT and SOMI that nerfing existing possible BIS content to push people into acquiring new gear - particularly when its a time and money-consuming grindfest - only incenses the player base as many worked hard to acquire and build what they have now.

How bout instead of nerfing existing BIS gear to make new or less used content more attractive by default - that you actually offer the new content as a step up or at the least a viable alternative someone would seriously contemplate. If there is new companion gear - make it so that it offers stats negligible to the ability trigger rings and give us the choice. So if I have +5 Brutalities on my Fire Archon and this new gear drops that offers stats like say 1000-2000 Power/Crit/AP or whatever - then there's a choice. Do I want a % of 4000 extra whatever every 10 seconds that cools down for 20 which may or may not proc in synch with Comp gift. Or do I go for having a stable % of a stable stat for the full 20 secs Comp Gift is active?

It appears you're taking the right approach with the WEs by not nerfing Vorpal or Dread but buffing the rest - which might be more work involved on your end but will do wonders in terms of re-establishing good will amongst the already dwindling player base.

If Bonding Adjustments come up on the table as they might - instead of nerfing them - how bout you up the % we get from Augments or Eldritch. Let the whiners and criers about them keep crying. Yeah - they might seem OP and are a form of "tool assistance" for DPS scorers or whatever - but those who are morally opposed to them and anybody else all fail to realize how much time/effort and AD/$ is involved in getting them to rank 12! Players with bondings worked hard to get there. While it doesn't entitle them to be jerks about it - neither does building a 4k IL character which required just as much if not more. Nothing entitles anyone to be a jerk - but some people are - its the way it is. Find a guild or a group you gel with and you'll have no troubles. PUG and spin the wheel and you might get lucky/might not. But thats def better than the RNG you face at the end when/if you finish.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Do you hear that? They are on the move... they are coming for your bondings!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    fogcrow said:

@terramak
    I see two things in your opening post I assume to be typos:
    1. Something about flaming and feytouched DoTs...should be flaming and plaguefire if I understood that other thread correctly
    2. Dragon loyalists Visage...since the skeletal dog is undead, not draconic in nature I wouldn´t expect any special interaction between thouse two items.

:p The necromancer must have used some dragonbones one it to make sense :p

I agree with you this bonus makes no sense, i nice to have the Zulkir armor and the loyalist mask buffs active at same time but for that we need some sort of undead dragon not a dog...
    Post edited by rafaelda on
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

Haha. I always wanted a pet skeletal dragon. Make it so...

He's already in the game, we control one in Drake pen !!!
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    About that elitism . It allways existed in NWO. Mod 10/10.5 just topped the idiotism.
    A lot of those runs are a real pain, filled with unskilled 4k scrubs, outdamaged easily by every skilled 3k+.
    Last run I did was topped by a 3.4 GWF and a 3.4 warlock, more than doubled the dps of any 4k+ dude in the lower depth.
    If you do a random SVA it´s not about 4k or 3.5k as we know. It´s about your bondings and your companionsetup/-gear :)
    the difference between a 3.5k and 4k IL is pretty small:
    1. 5 x rank 12 Dragonhoards - no more dps
    2. 8x reinforcement kits 5x35 IL - +800 power and some AP gain...a pretty small advantage
    3. T-Soulforged - no more dps
    4. 4x Rank 12 in all defense slots - no more dps
    maybe I forgot something..but that´s it, in the end you got near the same stats, in case your companion is maxed and your insignia also.
    there is nothing you can do about idiotism
  • mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2017

2 hours CN and fun ? What would you do there, taking selfies with Orcus ?
    edited February 2017
    It was more the party makeup (2 DCs, 1 GF, 1 GWF and I OP) that was causing us to have to take 3-4 times to kill Orcus and the Ilithilich. Plus at the time only 1 member of the party was even over 3k ilevel, most were in the 2.5k range. At the minimum ilevel it does take longer to complete the dungeon.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @rickcase276 said:
    "No I think what the problem is, is that everyone wants to run dungeons in the quickest and most efficient method possible. That is where the elitism comes. I have had much more fun runs that took 2 hours in CN than in the runs that take 15 minutes. It is all a matter of each person plays the game to what they want to get out of it, and in that since there are no "improper builds" as any build can complete any content in the game. It is all a matter of how long it will take to finish, and that is where the issue lies."
    @mistalow
    "2 hours CN and fun ? What would you do there, taking selfies with Orcus ?"
    2 hours may be a lot, but I fully agree with @rickcase276 that sometimes I don't want to rush. It's supposed to be savored, fun.
    There are also many practical reasons for going slowly.
    Maybe you want to patiently train new guildies their class? Or the mechanics of the dungeon?
    Or maybe helping a friend with a weaker alt who's struggling? Would you kick them and speed on to the end?
    There is a time for speed multiruns. But there is also a time for slow, calculated and casual dungeon experiences.
    They are not mutually exclusive.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
This discussion has been closed.