Install Arc

Bonding being seen as a must?

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    kisakee said:

micky1p00 said:

kisakee said:

..and having 3x less fun cause 3x less skill needed. None of them can't understand that we do matter about HOW something is done and not only THAT.

Then why getting to 4k IL ? Why have t.vorpal ? Why have augment at all ? Go minimum 2k, for max skill...
    Really.. Go think by yourself about it, no troll food for you today.
    No, I really don't see why a t.vorpal is ok, but bondings are not. Same price range. Same effectiveness (bondings a bit more but companion gear has price). Why one is great the second is not?
    Because Vorpal was around longer?
  • kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    micky1p00 said:

kisakee said:

micky1p00 said:

kisakee said:

..and having 3x less fun cause 3x less skill needed. None of them can't understand that we do matter about HOW something is done and not only THAT.

Then why getting to 4k IL ? Why have t.vorpal ? Why have augment at all ? Go minimum 2k, for max skill...
    Really.. Go think by yourself about it, no troll food for you today.
    No, I really don't see why a t.vorpal is ok, but bondings are not. Same price range. Same effectiveness (bondings a bit more but companion gear has price). Why one is great the second is not?
    Because Vorpal was around longer?
    Cause bondings will make your own equipment obsolete. You don't need any own good stuff if only your pet will have high gear and bondings.
    micky1p00 said:

And at the same breath "Another TR did twice more damage" Twice !!
    If for you, at BiS, twice, 3 times and so on is still "my build is extremely effective" I think we are not talking about the same effective.

What do you think why the other guy do damage twice as high? Just cause of bondings, even if his build is weaker. That's the problem. Give augments to both of them and i'll bet @demonmonger can outnumber him.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

edited February 2017
    kisakee said:

Cause bondings will make your own equipment obsolete. You don't need any own good stuff if only your pet will have high gear and bondings.

It's all your equipment, the R12 on you, on your companion... There is a limit to roleplaying...
    kisakee said:

What do you think why the other guy do damage twice as high? Just cause of bondings, even if his build is weaker. That's the problem. Give augments to both of them and i'll bet @demonmonger can outnumber him.

Who said his build is weaker? Maybe his build is also better?
    In any case, allow me to disagree, knowing Demonmonger's eccentric and more PvP oriented build, give them both bondings and still no...
    (perhaps not that specific TR in that CN...I have no clue who / how / why he is, but there are good TRs around)

(And to repeat, if you like eccentric builds, hf, no problem, but accept that it's not 'meta' for a reason, if it was better in the more popular parameters we would all have copied it without shame)

And @kisakee , Seriously? You gonna mash the disagree button on every single of my posts ? This bringing "Childish" to new levels.
    micky1p00 said:

And @kisakee , Seriously? You gonna mash the disagree button on every single of my posts ? This bringing "Childish" to new levels.

You even disagree with that ? Here click disagree here too.
    edited February 2017
    micky1p00 said:

It's all your equipment, the R12 on you, on your companion... There is a limit to roleplaying...

My companion isn't me. Even if it's an augment, it's not me. But except giving me the stats, he can't do anything, so i have to do the work on my own. Without overpowered buffs.
    micky1p00 said:

Who said his build is weaker? Maybe his build is also better?
    In any case, allow me to disagree, knowing Demonmonger's eccentric and more PvP oriented build, give them both bondings and still no...

That's just speculation, you can't know until it's tested.
    micky1p00 said:

(And to repeat, if you like eccentric builds, hf, no problem,

I do, thanks.
    micky1p00 said:

but accept that it's not 'meta' for a reason, if it was better in the more popular parameters we would all have copied it without shame)

Who cares about 'better'? It's just more fun to us regardless of being high efficient or "Teh Be$$$t MontsKillahR0xx0R!".
    micky1p00 said:

Being childish sometimes just feels good, but currently i'm not. Unfortunately.

Edit:
    micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

No need for cause of missing senseless content.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

edited February 2017
    kisakee said:

That's just speculation, you can't know until it's tested.

I know the OP for 3 years now ? Playing the same class... How about you give others some credit that they do know a thing or two.
    kisakee said:

Being childish sometimes just feels good, but currently i'm not. Unfortunately.

Edit:

micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

No need for cause of missing senseless content.
    Yup. A child if not in age, then truly in behavior. And this was a normal discussion until you showed up. Unfortunate.
    kisakee said:

Who cares about 'better'? It's just more fun to us regardless of being high efficient or "Teh Be$$$t MontsKillahR0xx0R!".

Fun to us whom ? Are you projecting your issues on the OP? On behalf of whom you are speaking of? I know the OP various builds. What you have to do with anything ?
    edited February 2017
    You just can't accept my opinion. And you can't accept there are other players who favour augments. And you can't accept that i'm using a forum feature too? But you're calling me childish? Go take your insult and put it somewhere else. And after that please let's turn back to the threads main theme, okay?
    micky1p00 said:

Fun to us whom ? Are you projecting your issues on the OP? On behalf of whom you are speaking of? I know the OP various builds. What you have to do with anything ?

Us augment users. And which issues? I don't have any. And i'm here to stand by his side to fight for augments and against bondings, that's what i have do to with.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

edited February 2017
    kisakee said:

You just can't accept my opinion. And you can't accept there are other players who favour augments. And you can't accept that i'm using a forum feature too? But you're calling me childish? Go take your insult and put it somewhere else. And after that please let's turn back to the threads main theme, okay?

We were having a discussion until you decided to call me a troll for comparing to valid items with the same cost and more or less same effectiveness.

And then when you had nothing concrete to say you went back through the thread and used (read as abused) the forum feature.... And then you pick to post a Meme on me...
    Seriously....
    You tell me how to call it..

And what other players have anything to do here. We are talking about the OP who has rank 12 bondings ! If you use augment for yourself for various reasons we can discuss those separately. The OP has bondings and choose not to use those, we discuss that. Why are speaking in his name that it's more fun and etc.. And why you insult people who do min-max
    If you don't agree that bondings are more effective in terms of dps, I don't know what to say.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    If they came out with a 300% stat transfering augment would you trade out your 100% stat transfering ion stone for the new one...I think you would. If you guys are so "pure at heart" why not just drop the ion stone altogether? Hell play naked and show us how great your builds are compared to all us cookie cutter sheep. Sarcasm intended.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Just wait and see guys... bonding won't be doing this super damage anymore, and then for all of you that can't cope with the damage equalization, tisk tisk.

@micky1p00 no one knows my full build or all my tactics.

You psychic bro?

Just because you can use a companion to one shot a boss (remember this?), doesn't mean it's going to be best tactic forever nor that you should kick people that don't agree with your abuse of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    micky1p00 said:

We were having a discussion until you decided to call me a troll

..after you asked why i'm not running T2 dungeons with only minimum requirements. Trolling at its best, friend.
    micky1p00 said:

And then when you had nothing concrete to say you went back through the thread and used (read as abused) the forum feature...

Another speculation cause you can't proof it, right? I do disagree with your comments so i pressed 'disagree'. Simple as that.
    micky1p00 said:

And then you pick to post a Meme on me...

I did. And you're still mad.
    micky1p00 said:

Seriously....

Fun, cause i can have fun even if you don't. And i have fun playing the game with augments what you can't accept.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    This thread has taken a rather odd turn and could've been closed after @kolatmaster posted. We find ourself in the odd situation where a thread dealing with elitism from Bonding users has a poster that is defending the OP from a position that Bondings are to be battled. I've always wondered how the other side of a coin looked. Now I know.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    edited February 2017

Just wait and see guys... bonding won't be doing this super damage anymore, and then for all of you that can't cope with the damage equalization, tisk tisk.

We can't cope? Arrogant a bit? Did everything before bondings, will do everything after bondings. Actually when you yelled at everyone to charge back their credit cards and Cryptic should close down at mod6 I was sitting 3 hours as soon as we could in egwd with the ArP bug that one shot our tank for the challenge. With no bondings and nothing... So please save the supiriority for someone who wasn't here from the start.

You psychic bro?

True, but the last time we were in a dungeon together, admitingly long, long, ago, I've outdpsed you about 5:1 while you had better gear. (While you had PvE build, so irrelevant now)

Just because you can use a companion to one shot a boss (remember this?), doesn't mean it's going to be best tactic forever nor that you should kick people that don't agree with your abuse of the game.

You ever saw me use that ? That was an obvious exploit.
    Bondings are not an exploit, at the same wight you can say vorpal is a game abuse....

No one should kick lightly, and lets not go in there, I would never just kick anyone with augment bondings or with neither. Actually I don't think I've ever kicked anyone in a run, at worst I'll leave. As I hope most people (do not kick). The kicking issue is some idiot being a jerk. It has nothing to do with your bondings. People like that will find a reason to kick regardless of anything.
    If that is what the discussion is about, then there is nothing to discuss. And it has nothing to do with the game or bondings. It just a human behavior. Like some people whi go back and press "disagree" on every post, there are some who kick without any thought.

kisakee said:

micky1p00 said:

We were having a discussion until you decided to call me a troll

..after you asked why i'm not running T2 dungeons with only minimum requirements. Trolling at its best, friend.
    micky1p00 said:

And then when you had nothing concrete to say you went back through the thread and used (read as abused) the forum feature...

Another speculation cause you can't proof it, right? I do disagree with your comments so i pressed 'disagree'. Simple as that.
    micky1p00 said:

And then you pick to post a Meme on me...

I did. And you're still mad.
    micky1p00 said:

Seriously....

Fun, cause i can have fun even if you don't. And i have fun playing the game with augments what you can't accept.
    1. What trolling ? I did plenty of naked runs. All TR runs. Minimum IL runs. You claim that bondings remove challange. Why you cling to bondings. Do as whe did for a challenge remove weapon enchant too. Remove gear after you enter.

2. Proof of what? You went back after several posts... You know I can simply see "no disagree" then "most posts disagree". What speculation about it? Simple timeline.

3. Where I don't accept your augment? And again how is this about you? You want your fun, I've said several times have fun with unique builds and whatever you want. Please go back and read. You actually pressed "disagree" on that too...
    And if you find it fun to troll me here.... good for you... I'll call it childish behavior..
    micky1p00 said:

You psychic bro?

True, but the last time we were in a dungeon together, admitingly long, long, ago, I've outdpsed you about 5:1 while you had better gear.
    Like i said, you can't understand.. We don't care if you did a 5:1 to him or not, we just care about fun. Fun is not to compare your e-peen to ours. Bondings are just for people who need this comparisons. Again: WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR DAMAGE, NOT AT ALL!
    r9jtqurw.jpg

edited February 2017
    kisakee said:

micky1p00 said:

You psychic bro?

True, but the last time we were in a dungeon together, admitingly long, long, ago, I've outdpsed you about 5:1 while you had better gear.
    Like i said, you can't understand.. We don't care if you did a 5:1 to him or not, we just care about fun. Fun is not to compare your e-peen to ours. Bondings are just for people who need this comparisons. Again: WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR DAMAGE, NOT AT ALL!
    Who we? We were running to compare ! Specifically the OP and I. What is hard to understand here?
    Why you think it's about you !
    Why it's so difficult to understand that it's not about YOUR Augment. And the post was not for you nor about you, he quoted me I've answered him.
    Why you even reply to that?
    (Faints)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

(Faints)

Just don't die. If you proc SF your stealth will get stuck.
    Lmao!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's about ANY augment. It's between you bonding users and us augment users. If you want this to make it a one on one with OP you can use private messages. Until there i'll post here cause this is a discussion between different people on a game forum, right?
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    kisakee said:

You do see what you're doing here, right? You're basicly making the same point as the one that was mentioned earlier about weapon enchants and you're *wildly* speculating about the motivation for equipping Bondings for every single person that chose to use them.

See what I meant with the earlier comment about a coin?
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    edited February 2017
    kisakee said:

It's about ANY augment. It's between you bonding users and us augment users. If you want this to make it a one on one with OP you can use private messages. Until there i'll post here cause this is a discussion between different people on a game forum, right?

No, it's about a specific event the OP had, and he asked a question. Also including pangiver and build specifics and his reasons not to use augment. Those are relevant to him and not to you.

You take it as a fight "us" vs "them". Most do not.

Read carefully. All of my posts I've agreed that he can do whatever he wants. And play even naked ( As long as it's not a dwarf with hairy legs naked)
    But if you actually read those posts you "disagree" with, you will see that some of the OP reasoning not to use bondings is because they will be nerfed. Not because it's fun. It was aggro issues and so on.
    We had a conversation about those specifics and his specific build.

Well, until you arrived.

I have most augments in the game and most of my alts are happily using the radiance one. Even now, even though I actually can afford bondings on probably all of them (I don't play alts a lot to be honest thought)

You know nothing about me nor the OP and you just trying to pick a fight.
    Nor looks like you actually read what I've wrote..

Post edited by micky1p00 on
    edited February 2017

Lmao!

I swear, next time I see you around, I'm gonna get you into a dungeon and kick repeatedly. It's 4AM and I'm still here typing because of you (well not you exactly, but...) !
    You shall pay for that ! Infidel.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    Ehm I read the whole thread.

Demon has the right to q for any content and it is not polite to kick him in any case,more so for the excuse that someone does not some spesific type of gear/equipment/enchants.

But since that was in a pug group ,Demon -my opinion -as a veteran player must knows, for good or for the worst thap pug runs can have nasty surprises.So don't put too much caution to what they say.
    Just don't pay attention....If they insist just leave...

Now for the general bondings vs augments issue.

It is just gear of the game.And gear that gives more returns than any other investment at the moment.

(Actually.....it was always the case ,since they were introduced.None payed attention back then untill maybe a year after,someone posted a thread " bondings better than augments? ". Sadly i cannot find the thread.this for historical reasons)

I don't think they will be drastically nerfed,cause in that case a great gamut of digital products of Cryptic in Neverwinter,will be obsolete overnight.I mean the dozens of companions.
    Companions are a selling point and i doubt any company will hurt its wallet.

Also for the people that defend augments and found bondings overpowered: An augment costs 300k ad while 3 rank12s I don't know what...8m?

So guys you should expect a difference in performance...Actually cost to performance ratio augments is better.But if you want to go into end game as a DPS you nned bondings.Same as you need rank10+ or perfect weappon enchant...

And as another poster pointed out ,end game is now designed ,with the assumption of the devs that an end game party will have bondings.
    FBI/eSVa and the new dungeon.
    going with augments in FBI,i don't think it will have any fun at all :/

edited February 2017
    jaegernl said:

kisakee said:

You do see what you're doing here, right? You're basicly making the same point as the one that was mentioned earlier about weapon enchants and you're *wildly* speculating about the motivation for equipping Bondings for every single person that chose to use them.

See what I meant with the earlier comment about a coin?
    This one was just for the 5:1 example, nothing else. I'm not going to say that everybody is using bondings only to show how bad(surrogate for butt) they are. If i wasn't clear enough, i'm sorry. :blush:
    micky1p00 said:

kisakee said:

No, it's about a specific event the OP had, and he asked a question. Also including pangiver and build specifics and his reasons not to use augment. Those are relevant to him and not to you.

You take it as a fight "us" vs "them". Most do not.

Read carefully. All of my posts I've agreed that he can do whatever he wants. And play even naked ( As long as it's not a dwarf with hairy legs naked)
    But if you actually read those posts you "disagree" with, you will see that some of the OP reasoning not to use bondings is because they will be nerfed. Not because it's fun. It was aggro issues and so on.
    We had a conversation about those specifics and his specific build.

Well, until you arrived.

I have most augments in the game and most of my alts are happily using the radiance one. Even now, even though I actually can afford bondings on probably all of them (I don't play alts a lot to be honest thought)

You know nothing about me nor the OP and you just trying to pick a fight.
    Nor looks like you actually read what I've wrote..

Finally we're at the same level to discuss this (i guess, there're lot of arguments and no complain).

Yes, i wanted a fight. Not between you and me, but between bondings and augments. And i hope bondings will be nerfed, i don't want to see augments pushed to 300% cause most of the content is to easy even without bondings. I pray for the day this shitstorm will start..

And by the way: Most of my played characters are dwarfs. Menly hairy dwarfs, hair all over their bodys. If you want to, i can dance the 'seductive dance' for you in my frilled shirt and the tight golden pants. Remember - Menly. Hairy. Dwarfs.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

edited February 2017
    kisakee said:

Finally we're at the same level to discuss this (i guess, there're lot of arguments and no complain).

No, we are not at the same level. The same way I wont kick anyone from a run. I wouldn't go back and "disagree" to every post you made and post you "are you mad".
    kisakee said:

And i hope bondings will be nerfed, i don't want to see augments pushed to 300% cause most of the content is to easy even without bondings. I pray for the day this shitstorm will start..

Case in point, you disagreed to the exact post I've said they will be nerfed and that it's part of the game. And the game should evolve.

You want to discuss on topic, in a civilized manner, remove the disagrees.. I don't mind people disagreeing, there were before you and will be plenty after this. But what I don't like is people doing on purpose to spite. Abusing the forum feature. And worse, regardless of the post content.
    edited February 2017
    micky1p00 said:

kisakee said:

No, we are not at the same level. The same way I wont kick anyone from a run. I wouldn't go back and "disagree" to every post you made and post you "are you mad".
    micky1p00 said:

kisakee said:

And i hope bondings will be nerfed, i don't want to see augments pushed to 300% cause most of the content is to easy even without bondings. I pray for the day this shitstorm will start..

Case in point, you disagreed to the exact post I've said they will be nerfed and that it's part of the game. And the game should evolve.

As long i can't 'agree' or 'disagree' with only parts of your posts, i had to 'disagree' everything. I just disagreed post where to find something inside, i'm not agreeing with.

And yes, i posted a "you mad bro" cause you were. -.-
    I don't want you to take this all to serious. Let's just have fun, everyone on it's own way. Ceasefire?
    r9jtqurw.jpg

kisakee said:

micky1p00 said:

kisakee said:

micky1p00 said:

kisakee said:

As long i can't 'agree' or 'disagree' with only parts of your posts, i had to 'disagree' everything. I just disagreed post where to find something inside, i'm not agreeing with.

And yes, i posted a "you mad bro" cause you were. -.-
    I don't want you to take this all to serious. Let's just have fun, everyone on it's own way. Ceasefire?
    I don't find it fun.
    I guess some like to kick in dungeons, others find it fun abuse forum features.
    Alright.. If you're that stubborn and narrow-minded, so be it. Oh and you can abuse the same forum feature too.

I'm outta here.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

edited February 2017
    kisakee said:

Alright.. If you're that stubborn and narrow-minded, so be it. Oh and you can abuse the same forum feature too.

I'm outta here.

Instead of just removing those, even if it just because it bothers me, you...
    Post edited by micky1p00 on