test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloaked Ascendancy Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170131a.3 (Edit 2/3 - SPC Master open)

Comments

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Edited original post. Spellplague Caverns (Master) queue should now be open. You can get access to it regardless of campaign progress by purchasing an item in the Preview Only tab of the Wondrous Bazaar.

Also added some Known Issues on the post.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User

terramak said:

Companions can no longer trigger Underdark ring effects on their owners.
    What about sudden and rising rings? they will stop working with bonding stones?
    This is the point.....
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    terramak said:

Ring effects, what effects exactly ?? That Vanishing Presence, Charging Bull and/or Ambush rings effects ?
    terramak said:

Players may drag and drop qualifying items to any point on the Useful Items window, rather than just an open slot.
    Stacks can now be consistently split when moving items from the inventory, including from the Useful Items bag.
    Useful Items can now be moved to the guild bank (if unbound).

I found a bug here: I moved some keys from my Useful Items tab to my personal bank. But after changing to another map, these items returned itself to my Useful Items tab.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    As long as the items did not duplicate.... it's not a huge worry... but if they duplicated oh no...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

terramak said:

What about sudden and rising rings? they will stop working with bonding stones?
    This is the point.....
    Has anyone tested it? I don't have those rings to try and see for myself :(
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    thanks for fixing the keys
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    @terramak
    thank you very much for making spell (master) 3.1k ilvl!
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Ok, does anyone know where the shifting key is?

We spent about 3 hours looking for this on preview, our current hypothesis is it has something to do with the last boss mechanics as she talks about a, "key" during her phases. If anyone figures it out it would be much appreciated as I suspect there is another boss behind this door.
  • drauksdrauks Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Ok, does anyone know where the shifting key is?

We spent about 3 hours looking for this on preview, our current hypothesis is it has something to do with the last boss mechanics as she talks about a, "key" during her phases. If anyone figures it out it would be much appreciated as I suspect there is another boss behind this door.

We found it in the first treasure chest we opened, which may come with teeth.
    edited February 2017

Ya, I do not think the game needs another 3.1k dungeon right now. It is very hard to get an invite to Svardborg or FBI unless you are 4k IL. I am sure the rest of the playerbase would like to run new content.

There's been how many double refinements lately? I'm just gonna disagree, think that this is a fun addition, and that there are a lot more people which will be able to run this when it hits than when FBI and SVA did.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify, I would love more new content to run, but I'm just not in line with thinking that this dungeon is going to gate too many people out of it as the community tended to do with FBI and SVA.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    As long as master SP isn't another BS FBI full of one shot insanity and is viable with many team compositions. I don't want to hear about double tank nonsense because the trash mobs are way overtuned.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

As long as master SP isn't another BS FBI full of one shot insanity and is viable with many team compositions. I don't want to hear about double tank nonsense because the trash mobs are way overtuned.

hehe but is 3100 says the queue;p
    AND really make the rings to not proc because on preview the brutality for example still proc on companion.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The simple solution to underdark rings being used on companions is get yourself a sellsword.

Anyone that thinks brutality rings on companions are the way to go for running dungeons have no business running endgame.
  • vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    3.1k ilvl is fine in my opinion. My guild/alliance has a number of players over 3k ilvl and some 4k people, and we have yet to run FBI or SVA. The reason people, I know at least, didn't try is basically they hated the layout of the mod 10 activities. I heard "I hate empowerment, I hate fishing, I hate running heroics". I would tell them when Sea of Moving ice came out that all they needed to get 28% was Makos' ring, but so many just didn't want to do it. The problem seemed to be that so much of the rest of the mod was hated in my guild/alliance, that people just didn't feel like bothering with some of the rest of it, even if it wasn't that hard to unlock. There was this emotional cloud of negativity, and eventhough I know plenty of geared people, I don't think any of them have run the new instances because of it. Since mod 11 seems to be taking the opposite approach to activities, I think we'll see more people trying the dungeon because it's further disconnected from negative energy than FBI was, for me at least. No offense intended devs, but that just is how people I knew felt about mod 10.
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    yay 3,1k ilvl.....we can again see looking for dps 4k ilvl with rank 12bondings ,dc with perma AA and MOF cw bis geared
    Has anyone complaining about the iL requirement actually been in? It's more mechanics driven than anything else at this point. So much salt.
    Another 2k ilvl dungeon wouldn't make any sense. Do you even want to have a progress or do you want to stay on 2.5k ilvl for ever? Usually every module should have a new tier of dungeon imo. Progress is something very important in a MMO and as some other above me have already pointed out. If you dont have the ilvl / skill / group or what ever for the master version there is still the normal version. I think the devs did the only logical step with another 3.1k ilvl.

People run FBI for the relic gear and Svardborg for the Carvings. Will people run a 3.1k dungeon just for a sapphire and a piece of salvage? I won't. It must have some guaranteed awesome rewards or it will not be worth the time anyway.

The devs still have some weeks to finish the lootable. They released the dungeon now on preview but they have also said that it isn't the final version yet. I dont know exactly how many days/weeks we need to unlock spell master but I think we won't be able to enter it the next 4-5 weeks so I would give them some time to improve/change the lootable and in the end if you think it wont be worth running spell master then just avoid the dungeon.
    btw spell has the best artifact for dps classes (regarding stats) so I am 100% sure people will grind it

drauks said:

Ya, I do not think the game needs another 3.1k dungeon right now. It is very hard to get an invite to Svardborg or FBI unless you are 4k IL. I am sure the rest of the playerbase would like to run new content.

There's been how many double refinements lately? I'm just gonna disagree, think that this is a fun addition, and that there are a lot more people which will be able to run this when it hits than when FBI and SVA did.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify, I would love more new content to run, but I'm just not in line with thinking that this dungeon is going to gate too many people out of it as the community tended to do with FBI and SVA.
    I think it will. All you will see is LF2M Tank/AA DC 4k+ for SP.
    Then do something creative and useful like Form groups yourself.. instead of waiting for someone else to do the hard work and you just + for their group.... *sigh*

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
    I dont know about other rings but still my brutality effect not only transfers the power to me but also transfer it x300% (bonding level 12 x3 and legendary companion)
    edited February 2017
    There any way to dodge the final boss's petrify? Going to make the fight go on for way long than it needs to when people are stoned for a quarter of the fight. And it's boring as hell. Makes Orcus look like Sonic the Hedgehog.
    Stoned.. lol

• warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

drauks said:

I think it will. All you will see is LF2M Tank/AA DC 4k+ for SP.
    Then do something creative and useful like Form groups yourself.. instead of waiting for someone else to do the hard work and you just + for their group.... *sigh*
    and then u cant find dc or tank and ppl just leave cause its hard to find them in 3k+range and worst of all we dont need them to be even 2.5k dcs can have perma aa
    This is why we need mobs in boss fights again... These are so unengaging and boring. Unless you're going to make a boss chaotic like lostmauth with HAMSTER going on all over the place.

There's no reason for the final boss to not have mobs in it. There's so little going on when the tank has agro on the boss. It does nothing else threatening other than that stupid petrify and fire a cheap shot at a random player with dreadtheft.
This discussion has been closed.