test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class Rebalance?

imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
When are the next classes reworks coming there's already 1 month passed in the new year.
Any news about them?

@mimicking#6533

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    They have basically said there will be no significant class changes coming with M11. There might be the occasional bug fix, of course (like the broken DC power they just fixed), but that's it.

Now, keep in mind I have no inside information, so I can only make guesses, based on vague hints and my own experience, but I would not be surprised to see something like this:

In March we will see a few fixes to long-standing bugs, like the Unstoppable issue and the DC powers that don't trigger weapon enchants as they should. Yes, I would like to see those fixes earlier, but the developers are going to be too busy the next few weeks, just fixing the remaining issues in M11 and any bugs there that only get discovered after release.

In April they will introduce an update which introduces some game mechanism changes, in particular support for different loadouts, so you can switch between different sets of gears, powers (and hopefully companions and mount powers) just by selecting a loadout from a list. Some players will be happy, but a large group will complain loudly that this is not what they wanted - they basically wanted full "multi-builds", allowing them to select different boons (and even feats) as well. At the same time they will introduce some class changes, but they will mostly consist of nerfs to powers that have been found to be unbalancing (for example, the AC DC power sharing might be changed to not apply to companions or something like that)

In June there will be a content update - maybe M11.5 with a thematic connection to M11 (some extra-planar stuff, maybe), or a completely separate M12.

I would expect a new class this year (probably druids, although personally I would like to see a monk-type class) - either in the June update if that is M12, but otherwise in September. At that time, I would expect to see some focus on class balance, which is what you were asking about.

Another prediction: The players hoping that the Foundry will get some attention this year will be disappointed (again). They will not allocate any resources to that because they cannot figure out how to make money from it and make it non-exploitable at the same time...and no, they will not listen to the suggested solutions from the players.

.....................................................................................................................................................................
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    adinosii said:

I would expect a new class this year (probably druids, although personally I would like to see a monk-type class) - either in the June update if that is M12, but otherwise in September. At that time, I would expect to see some focus on class balance, which is what you were asking about.

As much as I wish they'd release a new class already I doubt they'll do it until they've gone through a balance pass on all the classes currently in the game.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Well, I think my March/April speculations are pretty solid....but let's see.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Well if they are balanced fine then i can start a new class without having to worry about it being nerfed.

@adinosii
    Those speculations were interested. But I don't know what more should we expect from March since aren't they changing the graphics engine that time too?
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    any class changes will end as nerfs , i hope never
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    warpet said:

I want sentinel and instigator nerfed super hard. Too useless devs, plz nerf.
    ghoulz66 said:

warpet said:

if u did not know instigator used to be quite good even could outpreform destroyer in aoe dungeons and sentinel used to be good to but we have only one good build on gwf and few powers now Im not in the mood for more useless changes
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    warpet said:

ghoulz66 said:

warpet said:

if u did not know instigator used to be quite good even could outpreform destroyer in aoe dungeons and sentinel used to be good to but we have only one good build on gwf and few powers now Im not in the mood for more useless changes
    Like combat for the HR? If that was improved to be viable then sentinel and instigator can be changed for the better. The %#&$ could you make those any worst?
    edited February 2017
    ghoulz66 said:

warpet said:

ghoulz66 said:

warpet said:

Like combat for the HR? If that was improved to be viable then sentinel and instigator can be changed for the better. The %#&$ could you make those any worst?
    they could make destroyer and few skills we still have on GWF useless to