test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonding being seen as a must?

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I would say, unless it was specifically advertised as a speed run, anything goes. Some people just assume everyone wants to play the game for the same reasons, and that is totally not true. Some do not mind spending 2-3 hours in dungeons, as it gives them time to test their build etc. It is all a matter of what was agreed on at the start, or if there even was one.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Let's talk about aggro... on first boss.. I had aggro 90% of the time. The team died because of the tractor beam lures not the boss.

I never blamed anyone for anything... just stated facts.

Control does matter in cn... without control most people die on the few monsters before they ever enter cn first gates.

Think what you want .. I'm still not using bonding... peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    The next shake up will be that underdark rings no longer transfer their effects to the user from the companion....see the latest preview patch notes.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Deleted, was goign to put one of my other posts in this spot but just dicided to repost it below.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    edited February 2017
    urabask said:

So last night I was playing on my 4100 item level trickster in castle never, and everything was going perfect. We had two tricksters, one paladin, one great weapon fighter, and one cleric.

I think part of the problem here is that you're 4.1k which means you've got enough AD to spend on armor kits, high level utility enchants and a high level armor enchant but apparently not on bondings. It basically screams that you're taking some sort of principled stance against them for no reason.

We made it to the first boss, talgath the undying or something like that.
    Everything was fine and dandy, until the super dps tr died. He instantly said my build sucks and raged on me saying use bonding. I responded I don't have bindings rank 12 nor do I need them. The whole party died and I was left soolong the boss.
    To make a long story short the paladin got jealous of my survivability, and the trickster got upset because he screamed at me to go buy bindings and I said no thanks.

Honestly this sounds like you're leaving a lot of the story out. The pattern for all of the bosses in CN is that the tank holds aggro and DPS just burns the boss down. There's no room for survivability to even matter if the tank is doing his job. Also, the idea of an OP being jealous of the survivability of a TR is ridiculous and you know it. OPs have enough suriviability at 2.5k that they shrug virtually everything in the game off.

On the other hand the first two boss fights don't even need a tank because the bosses don't hit hard enough or you can easily dodge most of their attacks. Basically a terrible party can cakewalk all the way to Orcus. The problems you'll face will all be related to support classes. It's usually going to be your tank not holding aggro or dying at Orcus. So either your tank is poorly built (not enough arp is the usual culprit here) or has no idea how to play his class. Your healer can mitigate this a bit but that will mean giving up some debuffs/buffs. But if your tank is able to stay alive for a few minutes the blame is on the DPS.
    araxelven said:

I chose not to buy into bonding because everything that has ever performed too well eventually has been nerfed.

When regeneration worked in combat I made all of my regeneration artifacs mythic to max regen. Guess what happened? Regeneration was changed to not work in combat anymore.

Shadow demon was bis companion in pve able to hit for me in solo play 200000 critical damage on monsters. It was nerfed and it was not even as game breaking as bondings.

Many other things that were seen as standard and not 1/10th as powerful as bondings were nerfed.

Peaking chests was see as normal and it also got nerfed.

I spent more than $3000.00 us dollars on this game just to have all I desired that seemed and we were told functioned as intended changed.

Fool me one shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool spend 3000 bucks and constantly changing my items companions and skills like we are in perpetual beta mode - priceless literally.

This... is a pretty bad explanation. How you spend your own money is your none of our business, but to spend 3000$ on this game (how? I dont even...) and refuse to get bondings when you obviously have enough accumulated wealth in the game to do so without spending a cent is baffling. Especially because unlike artifacts and companions, enchants will always be sellable if anything changes in the future.

I love my Shadow Demon and still use it after the nerf, but if I had to change it the net loss would only be about 1.3 mill AD (cost + upgrading to epic) for a companion that I've used for 6 months. That's about the price of a single R11 enchant, and if you're 4k I assume you have plenty of those.

Again, that's no excuse for other players being rude and for solo content you can do as you wish, but if you ADVERTISE yourself for GROUP content as a 4k TR but don't use bonding stones, I understand that others could feel that they were mislead.
    He does not have tons of AD, that much I do know. This evidently comes as a surprise to you two, but being 4k and having spent a lot of money does not magically make you rich till the end of time in this game. Its not unusual to see people with strong characters who don't have a lot of pocket AD or an ungodly amount in savings, this is particularly common for veteran players.

You are right in that if he really wanted them, he could grind for the money in game or pay more real world money for those bonding stones. But just because he can do something doesn't mean he wants to nor should he be treated like he is somehow gimping his team by not doing so. Its his decision, its his wallet, and he is clearly able bodied enough to get the job done when it comes to helping teammates.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited February 2017
    araxelven said:

urabask said:

I chose not to buy into bonding because everything that has ever performed too well eventually has been nerfed.

When regeneration worked in combat I made all of my regeneration artifacs mythic to max regen. Guess what happened? Regeneration was changed to not work in combat anymore.

Shadow demon was bis companion in pve able to hit for me in solo play 200000 critical damage on monsters. It was nerfed and it was not even as game breaking as bondings.

Many other things that were seen as standard and not 1/10th as powerful as bondings were nerfed.

I spent more than $3000.00 us dollars on this game just to have all I desired that seemed and we were told functioned as intended changed.

Fool me one shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool spend 3000 bucks and constantly changing my items companions and skills like we are in perpetual beta mode - priceless literally.

The devs have already stated that they intend for bonding runestones to be better than augments though. Even if they do get nerfed they'll remain BiS.

araxelven said:

I get that your teammates could be insulted that you seem to favor appearances (item level) over effectiveness (bondings).

Excuse me? I think that after spending so much money/effort on getting a 4k IL character, you're absolutely free to spend some time on what you call "appearances". In fact, you're free to do that anytime you please. How dare you dictate what another player can and can't prioritize? There are plenty of reasons why the OP may not be using bondings. Less money to spend , less time to play no decent rings to use, all fair reasons for not having bondings and to stick with an augment. The mere fact you dare to assume that you know everything about someone and thing you have the right to judge them is downright disgusting.

Spare everyone the false outrage. Past 3.5k or so most of what you'd get to inflate your ilvl has no effect on how your toon performs. The "appearance" that araxelven was talking about is the 600 or so ilvl that means nothing and costs more than a set of bonding runestones. If he was really worried about nerfs he wouldn't have blown all his AD on armor kits and utility enchants.

Bondings are expensive and you do not need them to do any of the content in this game, except maybe FBI - but that's a hamster show in it self. FBI has been bugged since it came out, you can have 100% everfrost resistance and you take the same damage as if you had 0%. But I digress. I've run augments since mod 2, and switched to bondings just recently and they are not rank 12. My OP tank still uses the augment, because I find companions get in the way and I'm there to tank, not outdps anyone. Just my take on the situation. Feel free to call on me for a run anytime.

Well yeah, but that's because tanks just need to hit the DR cap and have enough recovery to go through their rotation effectively.
    Yup. He even specifically bragged that he was 4k. The only way to reach that is to upgrade a bunch of enchants to R12 for millions of AD to gain a few stat points. I should know, I'm exactly there. It costs about 1.3M AD in RP, wards and marks to upgrade an enchant from R10 to R12. For 10 enchants or so on you character that's 13M AD, and the net gain is 3000 points in various stats. Bleh.

You could spend the exact same amount of AD to to buy outright 3xR12 Bondings and gain, in my case about 13,000 stats x3 so around 40,000 total stats points which don't register on your item level. Taking in consideration he has an augment already and it's still about 26,000 stats vs 3,000. The argument that the devs will eventually nerf this doesn't hold water because Bonding stones are still enchantments that are unbound just like the rest of this R12 and he'll be able to sell them as he wishes.

Obviously it makes sense for newer players to stick with augments for a long while. There is no logical argument against using them at 4k. Rudeness is never acceptable and solo playing allows him to do anything he wants. But if he wants to do group content and advertises himself as a 4k player, then he's misleading others. Simple as that.
    araxelven said:

This... is a pretty bad explanation. How you spend your own money is your none of our business, but to spend 3000$ on this game (how? I dont even...) and refuse to get bondings when you obviously have enough accumulated wealth in the game to do so without spending a cent is baffling. Especially because unlike artifacts and companions, enchants will always be sellable if anything changes in the future.

I love my Shadow Demon and still use it after the nerf, but if I had to change it the net loss would only be about 1.3 mill AD (cost + upgrading to epic) for a companion that I've used for 6 months. That's about the price of a single R11 enchant, and if you're 4k I assume you have plenty of those.

Again, that's no excuse for other players being rude and for solo content you can do as you wish, but if you ADVERTISE yourself for GROUP content as a 4k TR but don't use bonding stones, I understand that others could feel that they were mislead.
    araxelven said:

@urabask only thing left out from first boss fight was that the boss kept killing the gf and paladin with the tractor beam that pulled them together. They didn't have the speed to pull away.. and they were standing too close to each other constantly.

Whatever happened, I have a hard time taking you story at face value. If the tank kept dying it's certainly not your fault, why were they harping on you for that?

Besides, what's wrong with using bondings? Like it or not, they are a core element of this game. Don't get me wrong, I do thing they are definately overpowered, but now the more difficult content is balanced to that level of power, regardless of you iLevel. 4k doesn't, mean a thing if you aren't built properly, and I get that your teammates could be insulted that you seem to favor appearances (item level) over effectiveness (bondings). A 3k TR with R12 bondings (like me) will outperform a 4k TR with an augment 100% of the time, skill aside.

For the record I stayed away from bondings for a long time because they seemed to gimmicky, and people wanted their companions to dies on purpose, but this has been fixed for a long time.

EDIT

While I would never condone rudeness and and almost never inspect people I'm running with, if you ADVERTISE yourself in LFG or other channels as a "4k TR" and choose not to use bonding stones, I certainly undertstand that people would be angry. It's like make a profile on a dating site saying you're a pro athlete when you've played three games of A-class baseball five years ago. It may be technically true but it's still misleading.
    You have been making quite a few assumptions in your posts,

The most prevalent one I see in thise is the assumption that he was avertising himself as 4k or 4k with bondings. He did not state anywhere when you posted these comments that he advertised this information. Even if he had advertised himself as just a 4k TR, that is not even misleading, the only way it would be is if he stated he was a 4k TR HDPS with 3X bondings or something. If you just assume whenever you invite a 4k player that that person has full bonding 12's and is a pure dps build that is YOUR problem and YOUR mistake.

Also, about the rank 12 utility enchantments, he did not get those because of IL vanity, they are dark enchantments and he has nearly maxed out movement speed on his char. Speed is his signature trait and he makes good use of it.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

[..]

So true! So true!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    araxelven said:

Especially because unlike artifacts and companions, enchants will always be sellable if anything changes in the future.

So very naive!
    Enchantments (and and other very valueable items e.g. Marks of Potency) have been made close to worthless by a reboot/change in mechanic.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited February 2017
    urabask said:

I love how people assume I was advertising myself as a 4k tr...

I did a random queue to enter cn. I never once posted my stats or item score.

I love how some of you assume I know nothing about game mechanics as well.

Type /played in game

I have over 300 days accumulated even with an 8 month break from beta mode until now. I know more about mechanics dev commands binding combinations effective rotations and much more that will go unspoken than you could ever assume or imagine.

This is our community... a small slice of the typeople of people that are our in this beautiful world "le sigh"

: \

You came in and described a run that could only be possible with bad tanks but failed to mention the tanks were HAMSTER up. Then you start talking about control and survivability in CN where it doesn't matter at all. Then you start bragging about how you left four party members standing at the campfire while you tried to solo the first boss. Even with bondings that would be a exercise in masturbatory self gratification, with an augment you're basically expecting your party to sit and watch paint dry. Then you start bragging about an OP being jealous of your surviability when OPs can easily have two to three times your HP at 2.5k at the press of a button.

Then you start blaming the HR for deaths that only happen if your tank is failing ... which is more likely when your party doesn't have enough DPS. You're even saying you have two tanks in the group yet somehow people are dying by them both losing aggro. I mean ffs the GF has two hard taunts that make it basically impossible to lose aggro unless someone runs in and starts attacking the boss before they build aggro.

Then you let out that there were in fact problems with the tanks by blaming it on their inability to deal with a mechanic that an OP won't die to.

Everything about your post screams egomaniac. You just had to get on the forums and start raging about how dare these plebians suggest that you don't have enough DPS. Instead of actually analyzing the problems with your run you just had to note that people that no doubt cakewalk through this dungeon all the time had a problem with two (supposedly) bad tanks, a GWF that deals no damage and a sub-par TR. Hell, that's not even mentioning that you didn't take a healer because the almighty augment TR doesn't need heals for his hour long CN runs.

Give me a break.
    ... read the below excerpt from his post, clearly he did not expect his team to "watch paint dry" for hours so he could have some sort of moment of glory. Your post is riddled with false assumptions about both his actions and his personality just like your others. A lot of bonding users are indeed HAMSTER to people who don't have bonding stones and will exclude them from groups. I do think he overgeneralized it when he said the majority of bonding users were like this, but other than that this is a valid problem and a good case study.

This control wizard also was a bindings rank 12 user. I asked if they wanted to reset or let me solo orcus... they said let's reset.

Here is the deal as simple as I can explain it. High end efficient pve requires certain things which I will list. This list is for high end content only. It's also only for efficiency. For instance; Yes you can do an MSVA without the optimal setup, but would you rather do it in 5 minutes or 30?

1. Striker companion with 3 offensive slots.

2. Three rank 12 bondings.

3. One tank in the party.

4. At least one buff/debug cleric.

A striker companion with rank 12 bondings nearly doubles my dps. It's expensive but it is well worth it. If you don't have bondings yet that's fine. If you aren't planning on getting bondings because "you don't need them." Well then that makes you ignorant and you would be booted out of my groups as well.

As you stated that you are over 4K item level and you still don't have rank 12 bondings I can only come to the conclusion that you have no clue how mechanics in this game work.

What's your character name so I know to never group with you?

You have made the assumption that just because he does not like/want bonding stones that he must be incompetent in some way and not know much about game mechanics. This is a person I know and I can tell you now that this assumption is flat out incorrect. He does not run a traditional TR setup not because he doesn't understand how it works or how to make a BIS HDPS TR but because he simply does not enjoy it. This is a game, games are supposed to be fun and if he finds he does not enjoy a build, he should not be obligated to run it. If anything, I commend him for not playing a build just because its BIS and doing what he enjoys instead.
    --
    PVP Rogue,

Well to start, your statement, "the majority of bonding's users are..." is only relevant to the case study you presented, and not in any way statistically relevant to all NW users on PC/Xbox/PS4.

That being said, those guys who were 'complaining' are simply whiny nobodies that you should honestly just put on ignore, because they are asinine, and not worth your time. Sure the situation sucks, and was annoying, but end of the day they are not worth your time. So keep playing the way you want to play, and ignore the idiocy of others! :)

This is probably the wisest post I have seen on this thread, +1, spot on.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • 4k ilvl that has been playing since stuff got nerfed forever ago doesn't realize one of the "tanks" is a healadin (public queue) ... yeah, something strange is going on here...
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    It's interesting, how some are hating on OP for not having Bondings as a 4k, while completely ignoring the facts, that he got hated though he wasn't the problem and CN can quite easily run without Bondings.

Also I would like to remind you of the fact, that he did comparable damage to the other TR, who seemed to be using Bondings. If you are not able, to severely outdamage another one without bondings, you have no right, to force him, to buy some. Simple as that. Same as if you are not BiS yourself, you have no right, to expect it from others.

• mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    If I did what other people said to do i wouldn't have a 2.6 cw that does 100 million+ t2/cn runs.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    I wouldn't vote kick you for not having bondings ever. ..NOW.. if you WERN'T using Wicked Reminder.. YES.. I would SO give you a boot! HAHAHAHAHA! ;D~
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    General
    Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue now sells rare rings at the first rank.
    Companions can no longer trigger Underdark ring effects on their owners.
    Dragon Loyalist's Visage: This item now gives a Regeneration buff with a Skeletal Dog summoned, rather than a Maximum HP on Enemy Kill buff.
    Eye of the Giant: The cooldown times on this artifact are now consistent with other artifacts.
    Many various typos have been addressed.
    ===============================

Just like I assumed... but wait and see what happens next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

General

Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue now sells rare rings at the first rank.

Companions can no longer trigger Underdark ring effects on their owners.

Dragon Loyalist's Visage: This item now gives a Regeneration buff with a Skeletal Dog summoned, rather than a Maximum HP on Enemy Kill buff.

Eye of the Giant: The cooldown times on this artifact are now consistent with other artifacts.

Many various typos have been addressed.

===============================

Just like I assumed... but wait and see what happens next.

Yeah you're going to be waiting for a while. No matter what they do to bonding runestones they'll remain better than augments. They'd have to re-balance all the content from the past four mods to actually work without bondings.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    I won't ever claim to have seen the possible changes.. let's just say a little mimic told me so....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes I have a feeling a bonding stone and an AA fix are coming soonish.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Bindings are better then augments.
    But r12s are not required to complete content and are very expensive.
    I have R12s. But I actually avoid playing with snobs who demand it.
    Why would anyone new play this game with el33tist attitudes like that?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    edited February 2017
    For fast lvl ups and easy wins?

There are situations where augments are better than non augments.

At least for tricksters that can permanent stealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    @demonmonger
    Clearly this post has drawn quite a bit of attention. I've stayed off of the forums for a while now and have only minimally contributed to conversations.

I'm around 3.6 ILVL, but I stopped caring too much about it because my stat allocation, I believe, is pretty by the books. My rotation, enchants and sometimes artifacts are not however. And I love to experiment with them

Often, I crush higher Ilvl CW's. However, if they are relic then it's usually no contest. My personal opinion is that having not reasonably invested into bondings can be a factor in whether or not, or how many times I will party with someone. I'm always game for more thorough, creative strategizing runs -- but I simply can't accomplish what I log into to accomplish if I spend all my play time on one run. If I see a 4K lvl toon without bindings then my immediate assumption is that they bought their toon and so they are usually inexperienced and unaware of game mechanics and build paths.

If you are having to crowd control monsters then I can already tell you that you aren't kidding them fast enough. The fact that you chose the slay lesser demons boon just reaffirms that notion.
  • crazybibcrazybib Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User

If I see a 4K lvl toon without bindings then my immediate assumption is that they bought their toon and so they are usually inexperienced and unaware of game mechanics and build paths.

or just a pvp player who just run pve for AD and don't care about being BIS especially for running CN (since when do we need BIS player with 3xbonding12 for that dungeon -_-)
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    +1

Edit....I WAS going to stop with just the +1...but can't help myself. What I find more interesting in this game is how closely it "mimics" real life. Peeps in real life want to tear down what other peeps have worked hard to achieve and believe they should have the same thing without the same effort in work or learning through said work. When they can't get what they want, they lobby for restrictions on achievers and shortcuts to be applied to the benefit of non achievers. Then when the achievers adapt and achieve even more, the cycle repeats itself.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    It´s not only the bondings that outperform an augment, it´s also the companion, that redirects every kind of statbuff towards you.

So if you take 3 normal bondings they spend 95% stats, inferior to an augment 100%?
    No, in case someone runs a power cleric and casts WoL, Battle fervor and AA, the companion get´s buffed by.... hm a lot of power like .
    95% of this power is redirected to you in case that companion is by your side the moment the buffs get´s applied.
    Superior to an augment? By sure.

If this cleric owns a legendary heart of the red , blue, green ..whatever Dragon, he can buff the hole party inclusive the companions 24/7 with 4k of Recovery, Movement, Action Point Gain, and Stamina Gain...really? Yes.
    Artificers Persuation: Whenever you use an Artifact power, your Recovery, Movement, Action Point Gain, and Stamina Gain are increased by 10% of your Power for 15 seconds. I run a cleric with 36000 Power, guess where my recovery gets by having 3x12er bondings? Monitoring it, I recognized it jumping from 13.000 towards 27.000.
    More Superior to an augment? By sure.

If this Cleric spams AA /Daily 24/7 he also buffs the party and the companions with
    Shepards devotion: Whenever you use a Daily power, your teammates Defense, Deflection, and Movement are increased by 5% of your Power for 10 seconds.
    That´s up to 2000+ buff/rebuff in Defense, Deflection, and Movement from companion towards you.
    Even more Superior to an augment? By sure.

That´s why an augment is far worse and from no benefit even vs 3x normal bondings , beside the fact that some companions got heavy debuffs (Dancing Shield, Sellsword..) and powers like Priestess of Sehanine Moonbow with Moon Beams (at legendary level a 20% higher critchance ! )