test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• Options
    sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User

You would think more than 75 different people might have chimed in their opinion or something about the key changes since it was announced about a month ago on Jan 4 (page 17)...but nope. That's all and less if I'm strict about it. I was curious so I counted. The far majority are upset but not all seemed that upset. I know there are other threads but it's basically the same people padding their post count in the threads (diloul31 vs. trinity706 go!).

SO I CHALLENGE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO HAVE NOT POSTED, POST YOUR OPINION and let the cards fall as they may. I'm tired of seeing the same 10 people never run out of things to say here. I'm sure the Devs are too!

I ran 23 dungeons/skirmishes today, everything from MC-CN (Highest I can go with current ilvl). I used a key for every chest (been stockpiling on days I work and can't do more than start campaign projects). The highest value item I received for my 2.6k gwf was a green Lostmauth's Horn. Great, means I have a starting set for my warlock to grind with now! The next highest value item I received was a purple resenounce stone (A as in SINGULAR). I received many other stones of green/white value. The kicker that really ticked me off was the 348 rough AD for 12 keys!!! That doesn't even cover 10% of the cost of the epic dungeon keys!!

It really feels like these RNGs are for level 50-60 toons. Either everyone at Cryptic has never played a MMO in their life, or they all just HAMSTER HAMSTER at program coding! I refuse to spend another dollar on this game, and will not be renewing my VIP when it expires. I see no reason to, not when I can go spend $15 a month on something like WoW, grind for a month to get the item I want, and KNOW that I will EVENTUALLY get it, not have a .000000000HAMSTER chance of getting the gear/items I need.

Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    i'm sorry btairborne.
    Next time i'll ask for your aprobation before posting anything.
    I thought it was a public forum, my bad.
    It's nice thougt that you care about devs to be tired or not by our posts !

You should speak in your name, when you'll be a cm then maybe you can tell us what the devs think, meanwhile don't speak in their names.
    They are grown up they can speak for themselves...

You think we don't represent many people but you surely think you can represent devs, weird...

Maybe if they are tired to read us, then they can participate ?

Oh and by the way i'm not in the others threads...
  • Options
    darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    From my experience the change is a joke and not worth buying any keys.
    I have a received a few green companions (bound to account n worthless to me) and some of the new collection equipment.

As for the collection equipment it is a joke for a dc, changing out any current gear kills the stats i need, so pretty much just using it for salvage.

What I have noticed in both skirmishes and dungeons is that people are immediately leaving when the thing is finished. They don't even go by the box, so you know they aren't wasting a key or buying one.
    If all new stuff was BoE I might be ok with the change but overall----it sucks.
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    urabask said:

This is the same nonsense that people argue that when they say that the refinement success rates are lower than they are. The rates were improved for legendary rings and artifacts but everything else is the same so the chest will contain the same garbage as usual most of the time.

And your post is the same nonsens, when user defending cryp. You THINK its improved, cuzz you got no official prooves, so you cant be 100% positive on that.. I didnt see any official spreadsheets where i can see how this change affected the loot. All i can see is the experience from me, my FL, my guildmembers and ppl in the forum.
    What is the problem for the devs to say: "Here you can see how more often legandary stuff dropped, since the change"? Or did i missed this?

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    So they replaced my 5 keys that the chests ate after the change - 5 keys for elol. Ran them last night, to use up the keys.

We officially confirmed that there is no point in making those keys. The epic dungeon keys are fine to use provided you have VIP and you are only doing 2 dungeons. Otherwise there is a good chance you are losing AD on the deal.

@btairborne
    There are 128 members in our guild, 1500 or so within the alliance - only a small handful of which are on here. The others communicated either via ps4 chat or our alliance facebook page. One of the main streamers they spotlighted was from our alliance and he rarely plays this game anymore. Most of the streamers complained before it happened (via their stream) - it happened - now they aren't streaming NW any longer. Go look and see how many people are streaming NW on twitch and how many people are watching. As of right now there are people streaming, 7 of which are brand new to the game.

Most people who are unhappy with a change in a game just leave. Quietly. That's what they teach you in management and customer relations.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    trivialrage#6656 trivialrage Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Cryptics number will do far more too make them realize their mistake than our words. This was a mistake. I am a very active guild leader on ps4. But lately I find all I do when I log in is guild management HAMSTER, Talk to friends in chat, and run a dungeon or two, then complain about it. I am not ready to quit, but my wallet is CLOSED. I am patiently waiting for the game to be fun again, hopefully mod 11 is it. But dungeons delving costs too much money to make me want to do it,ironically, in a game named dungeons and dragons. The changes may have been worth it, if the loot was worth it, but its not, and I am not grinding for hours for a HAMSTER peridot. Our guild has lost about 20 people, many who spent alot of time and money in the game. sad story. terrible finacial descion.
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    diloul31 said:

i'm sorry btairborne.

Next time i'll ask for your aprobation before posting anything.

I thought it was a public forum, my bad.

It's nice thougt that you care about devs to be tired or not by our posts !

You should speak in your name, when you'll be a cm then maybe you can tell us what the devs think, meanwhile don't speak in their names.

They are grown up they can speak for themselves...

You think we don't represent many people but you surely think you can represent devs, weird...

Maybe if they are tired to read us, then they can participate ?

Oh and by the way i'm not in the others threads...

I guess you don't have a clue after how many posts (and you've made 40+) you become irrelevent?
    Other than this last one since it was to me I don't bother reading anything you write. You think the Devs care either? Right, they know what you think. But keep saying the same thing over and over.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    spideymt said:

urabask said:

This is the same nonsense that people argue that when they say that the refinement success rates are lower than they are. The rates were improved for legendary rings and artifacts but everything else is the same so the chest will contain the same garbage as usual most of the time.

And your post is the same nonsens, when user defending cryp. You THINK its improved, cuzz you got no official prooves, so you cant be 100% positive on that.. I didnt see any official spreadsheets where i can see how this change affected the loot. All i can see is the experience from me, my FL, my guildmembers and ppl in the forum.
    What is the problem for the devs to say: "Here you can see how more often legandary stuff dropped, since the change"? Or did i missed this?
    I guess Shard of Orcus's Wand is just going for 1.4 million AD on PC now because it's terrible then, right? It would've been at 5 million AD this close to a 2x RP before the chest change. I mean ffs the artifacts from esot/etos/ecc/egwd drop so often they're worth 37k-80k. I've never saw them drop before the change.

I mean ffs there's a text announcement in chat every time something drops and you're still going to deny it?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

I mean ffs there's a text announcement in chat every time something drops and you're still going to deny it?

Can you quote where i denied it, that shards CAN drop? But it doesnt drop that much as you try to tell. And wth cares how often it drops if you still got the same costs on refinement? And ofc shards CAN Drop. They dropped also before they made this change. But dont tell us that its a fact that they drop 10 times more than before. We all got no proofe, cuzz the devs wont give us any numbers. They wher just talking.
    And this is the same for any artefact, no matter where you get it. You just don understand it! What is it good for to get artes if you still got the same amount on costs to refine them? FFS dont let you blind with some fancy "new" things if its still nearly impossible for new players to refine them. This is not a good change. Its only a change for the profit. But not your profit, only for the profit of cryp.
    You just dont realize it. Thats all. Thats why its senseless to talk to you.

• Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    well spidey maybe its time for u to find another game where u dont need to complain 24/7.
  • Options
    spideymt said:

urabask said:

Can you quote where i denied it, that shards CAN drop? But it doesnt drop that much as you try to tell. And wth cares how often it drops if you still got the same costs on refinement? And ofc shards CAN Drop. They dropped also before they made this change. But dont tell us that its a fact that they drop 10 times more than before. We all got no proofe, cuzz the devs wont give us any numbers. They wher just talking.
    And this is the same for any artefact, no matter where you get it. You just don understand it! What is it good for to get artes if you still got the same amount on costs to refine them? FFS dont let you blind with some fancy "new" things if its still nearly impossible for new players to refine them. This is not a good change. Its only a change for the profit. But not your profit, only for the profit of cryp.
    You just dont realize it. Thats all. Thats why its senseless to talk to you.
    Is it really that hard to understand that the price is being driven down by higher supply? You really shouldn't need proof too if you run CN at all. I've seen more shard drops in the last few weeks since the key change than I have in the 14 months between mod 8 and the key change.

Also, having more artifacts drop makes it easier to refine them because you have cheaper feeders so you require less RP to actually refine an artifact.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

Is it really that hard to understand that the price is being driven down by higher supply?

Or maybe CN is a dungeon where ppl run much more often, cuzz drop rates in FBI/SVA are HAMSTER ond ppl do have a lot demonic keys?
    urabask said:

You really shouldn't need proof too if you run CN at all. I've seen more shard drops in the last few weeks since the key change than I have in the 14 months between mod 8 and the key change.

This is what YOU saw. This is not a fact. Its just your experience. But you trie to "sell" your experience as a fact and you ignore the experiences from other players. Funny though.
    P.S.: Me and my guilde made 80-90 CN runs since the change. And ur absolutely right: We got one shard. Great droprate. GG cryptic.
    urabask said:

Also, having more artifacts drop makes it easier to refine them because you have cheaper feeders so you require less RP to actually refine an artifact.

Erm...pardon me? I dont need any marks anymore? I dont need any wards? Did you count how many artefacts i have to farm to refine another one? My friend....you try sooo hard to defend this change, its unbelievable. You tell wrong prices, your "facts" and you dont believe any other ppls experiences. I dont know why you do that. Maybe this change give you some good stuff. But this change is not good at all for new players and this change is even not good for BIS players. Oh...and BTW..maybe you check some numbers on steamcharts..so you can see how "good" some changes are working and how many ppl new in the game. Isnt hard to see whats going on.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    spideymt said:

urabask said:

Is it really that hard to understand that the price is being driven down by higher supply?

Or maybe CN is a dungeon where ppl run much more often, cuzz drop rates in FBI/SVA are HAMSTER ond ppl do have a lot demonic keys?
    urabask said:

You really shouldn't need proof too if you run CN at all. I've seen more shard drops in the last few weeks since the key change than I have in the 14 months between mod 8 and the key change.

This is what YOU saw. This is not a fact. Its just your experience. But you trie to "sell" your experience as a fact and you ignore the experiences from other players. Funny though.
    P.S.: Me and my guilde made 80-90 CN runs since the change. And ur absolutely right: We got one shard. Great droprate. GG cryptic.

CN was already the go to dungeon before the key change.

lol 80 runs and 1 shard drops yet you're complaining. I did thousands before mod 10 and had seen all of five.
    spideymt said:

Erm...pardon me? I dont need any marks anymore? I dont need any wards? Did you count how many artefacts i have to farm to refine another one? My friend....you try sooo hard to defend this change, its unbelievable. You tell wrong prices, your "facts" and you dont believe any other ppls experiences. I dont know why you do that. Maybe this change give you some good stuff. But this change is not good at all for new players and this change is even not good for BIS players. Oh...and BTW..maybe you check some numbers on steamcharts..so you can see how "good" some changes are working and how many ppl new in the game. Isnt hard to see whats going on.

Rofl. You didn't even check steamcharts. They've had gains for the past three months. That's a complete turn around from previous mods where they were losing CCUs between mods. Peak player numbers are the highest they've been since mod 9 even.

Not even bothering with the rest of your drivel since it's in direct contradiction to what's actually happening in game.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

Rofl. You didn't even check steamcharts. Peak player numbers are the highest they've been since mod 9 even.

Srly? Did you count PC+XBoX+PS? Check again for PC and tell me again this BS about "highest since mod 9". Or do just post your "alternative facts"? I give up...you never get it. You changed ur mind from one of the biggest enemies about this change to the craziest defender. Sry....after your last post im pretty sure you try to troll and flamebait me. Im not in the mood for that.

• Options
    mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Wow you guys still complaining, this is madness :*
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    @btairborne

Post count may mean something to you but to me it's just a number, anyone can post on the forums and get their count up, so those numbers mean what? Moderators can reset my post count outside of the bug reports and threads I started anytime I post and it wouldn't reduce my activity on the forums (I give them permission to if it will make a difference).

Some posts are directed to the developers, some to other posters, some to both, this thread isn't restricted to "to developer only" posts. The developers aren't going to miss the "good stuff" as I'm assuming you feel will happen with non-to developer posts. If you don't like what people are posting and can't constructively reply, kindly ignore them.

ravenskya said:

Support only characters need a way to get keys - this is a DPS game that is punishing to anyone who is trying to play support. Not everyone is as lucky as I am to have a good guild to get my healadin through dailys. A possible solution to this - striker companions on healers/buffers do significantly more damage when not in a group. IE put on a striker and their damage output is suddenly useful as long as you are soloing, once in a group it goes back to normal.

@ravenskya

I can agree with something like this, though players should probably still be making effort to align themselves with other players whether it's a Guild/friends list. I also agree with healer/buffer credit during heroics. DPS sometimes don't get credit during heroics (I'm sure not nearly as often as healers/buffers).

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

Hey all, let's take it down a notch.

I can definitely understand that people have different opinions on this subject but the best solution is for both sides to work together and determine some common ground that can be improved.

As many would argue against, the Sea of Moving Ice content coupled with the dungeon key change has partially shared character progression with aspects of the game OUTSIDE of dungeons where for quite some time it had been focused (dungeons). "SoMI" is allowing players that aren't as dungeon oriented/capable the ability to gain AD that is on par with selling dungeon drops and also to obtain strong weapons (Relic), though the marks to upgrade them further currently require dungeon runs those players can still obtain them in the least and they are pretty powerful at rank1 (comparable to rank 45 elemental/twisted weapons). The relic armor drops in various dungeons so Dungeoneers still have that going for them along with the chance at marks to upgrade their relic weapons.

Some common ground I still see as being ignored/overlooked on a considerable scale is the overall effects of the dungeon key change. A person can make the devil out of anything by focusing on a particular aspect out of the scope of the game as a whole. Does this mean the thoughts/feelings of those that are not in favor of the changes are invalid, most certainly not.

A number of players feels that the change was "solely" an attempt to produce revenue from key sales, even if that was the case (which I don't believe) there are positive effects that have risen in spite of it (higher drop rates, lower prices on artifacts: some over 50% than what they were before), should these effects outweigh the changes that are seen as negative, most certainly not. Some players are holding so tightly onto their "down with Cryptic" type feelings that they can't/won't even try to imagine the perspectives of others.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    You member peaking chests with nothing in it. It was so much fun. I miss those days.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    spideymt said:

urabask said:

Rofl. You didn't even check steamcharts. Peak player numbers are the highest they've been since mod 9 even.

Srly? Did you count PC+XBoX+PS?
    Check again for PC and tell me again this BS about "highest since mod 9". Or do just post your "alternative facts"? I give up...you never get it. You changed ur mind from one of the biggest enemies about this change to the craziest defender. Sry....after your last post im pretty sure you try to troll and flamebait me. Im not in the mood for that.
    You're the one that brought up Steamcharts. You may not be aware of this but Steam is only on PC.

And yes, last time the peak player count was higher than it was in January 2017 was in March 2016 (i.e. Mod 9).
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    urabask said:

spideymt said:

urabask said:

Check again for PC and tell me again this BS about "highest since mod 9". Or do just post your "alternative facts"? I give up...you never get it. You changed ur mind from one of the biggest enemies about this change to the craziest defender. Sry....after your last post im pretty sure you try to troll and flamebait me. Im not in the mood for that.
    You're the one that brought up Steamcharts. You may not be aware of this but Steam is only on PC.

And yes, the peak player count for January 2017 was higher than it has been since March 2016 (i.e. mod 9).
    As well, it only shows players who use Steam to launch the game. Even if installed through Steam, one does not need to run Steam to launch the game (or any of Cryptic's three games). You don't even need to run ARC to launch any of them either, just find the launcher executable and run/shortcut it and use that (Neverwinter.exe / Star Trek Online.exe / Champions Online.exe). Steam Charts for Neverwinter is just a small sample size, nothing more.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    zebular said:

urabask said:

spideymt said:

urabask said:

And yes, the peak player count for January 2017 was higher than it has been since March 2016 (i.e. mod 9).
    As well, it only shows players who use Steam to launch the game. Even if installed through Steam, one does not need to run Steam to launch the game (or any of Cryptic's three games). You don't even need to run ARC to launch any of them either, just find the launcher executable and run/shortcut it and use that (Neverwinter.exe / Star Trek Online.exe / Champions Online.exe). Steam Charts for Neverwinter is just a small sample size, nothing more.

It's not a small sample size. Devs always make this claim about how steam doesn't account for most of their users but they never publish their data and there's no way they have enough users for steam users to not be a significant part of their player population. Queue times in the game for T1/T2 dungeons are so long that that it's not even possible that steam players represent a small sample.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    zebular said:

I am only curious, what do you think is the percentage of the steam players? Or to be more precise (since I am actually only curious about this), is there anywhere the option to get the average number of players of Neverwinter (on PC)?
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    urabask said:

It's not a small sample size. Devs always make this claim about how steam doesn't account for most of their users but they never publish their data and there's no way they have enough users for steam users to not be a significant part of their player population. Queue times in the game for T1/T2 dungeons are so long that that it's not even possible that steam players represent a small sample.

It could be possible that the long queue times are related to the observable behaviour to enter the queues with a premade team only. At least from my side (includes FL and guild/alliance), almost noone trys to run a T1+ in another way. And I think PE zone chat supports that thesis.

The only runs I think players are joining by queing up alone are the leveling dungeons and skimishes (MotH, Dread Legion, PoM and Throne), and as far as I am concerned, all of them pop up almost immediatly...
  • Options
    kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    btairbone asked for new input so here goes:

I generally try to avoid complaining as I feel that more often than not no one cares, but some issues have come up since Mod10a & b dropped that are legitimately hurting the game for me and it all ties back into RNG.

My personal RNG sucks, no question, ran dungeons for months with no significant drops, however my issue with RNG is not my inability to get good drops, but rather the effect it has on the player community as a whole. Drop rates for worthwhile gear is low, very low, so low that most high-level players will only run content if they can look at player stats and the numbers essentially guarantee a quick victory.

While this has always been an issue (quick votes to abandon edemo or how no one runs egwd), it was mitigated somewhat by the ability to preview chests; if you didn't like what you saw, you could skip it and save your key for something better. Under that system (bug or not), some risk was alleviated, by removing that option and either forcing people to test their luck of skip on potential rewards, players have become increasingly mercenary.

I exceed the requirements for SVA, FBI, and MSVA, yet to date I have had only 4 SVA runs and not a single FBI run (and by extension no MSVA either). Why? no one wants to run with a DPS toon under 4K, because the numbers don't guarantee a quick victory. Due to the abysmal drop rates of essential items (relic armor, refinement marks, etc), the steep requirements to even be able to access the dungeons (not to mention the constantly degrading empowerment) and the difficulty, no one is just running the dungeons just to run them. Its either a quick victory or a quick succession of players leaving group in the chat window.

Adding the key issue has made matters even worse; since players are limited by how many keys they can make per day and therefore the number or fruitful runs, getting into these new dungeons is like pulling teeth for many players. Just as a test I sat in the public que for SVA and FBI for 16 hours last weekend (8 hours on Sat, 8 hours on Sun), a match never came up. On Mon and Tues I started throwing my name into chat and got into two different private ques, only to get booted both times because a higher IL DPS player wanted in (only one of the que leads bothered to apologize before kicking me). I stared asking my alliance for anyone to run, all I got was the polite 'cn't r8 now, bsy' or 'sry, just fin a rn', which can be translated as 'come back when you are 4K.' Even farming runs in SoMI or LW are calling for IL minimums, which is straight up ridiculous.

I don't want to hate on NWO, I want to be able to play and enjoy all the content available to me (even if my personal RNG has to be the worst of anyone who has ever booted the game up), but as of now I can't do that and it is slowly killing my interest in the game.
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
  • Options

urabask said:

It could be possible that the long queue times are related to the observable behaviour to enter the queues with a premade team only. At least from my side (includes FL and guild/alliance), almost noone trys to run a T1+ in another way. And I think PE zone chat supports that thesis.

The only runs I think players are joining by queing up alone are the leveling dungeons and skimishes (MotH, Dread Legion, PoM and Throne), and as far as I am concerned, all of them pop up almost immediatly...

To be able to accurately say that steam numbers are a small sample of the player population Neverwinter would basically have to be bigger than Warframe and we all know that's not true.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    spideymt said:

urabask said:

urabask said:

urabask said:

ime droprates in FBI are awsome, and if we open both chests, we get enough campaign currencies from one run to start a new key more often then not.
    In CN we can open the second chest one out of five runs(crafting the greater demonic keys solely from the fearzess found in CN chests) assuming we always open the epic key chest. Regarding the orange CN rings: our chance was multiplied with five, but because of the above it was also divided through five...result: it should be same as b4, neither better nor worse.

I don´t know how you use feeders, but I level them to rank 59 before feeding them in, and the upgrade from green to blue really isn´t expensive. I´m really happy about every artefakt drop I get, bound or not.

Also I often saw ppl claim in this thread that they´re making losses running dungeons, presenting calculations not factoring in campaign currencies that can be used for more keys, rp items that can be sold, seals/ichor(roughly 6 AD per elemental and 13 AD per Protector seal and 12 AD per 1 demonic ichor, thats numbers from salvage, rounded down and not factoring in bonuses from VIP or invocation)

I´m still very happy with this change, the only place where it really did screw ppl up is upgrading relic weapons
    from purple to orange.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    CN is by far the best return on investment anymore - now please do the math on eLoL for me @fogcrow I want to know how running an elol or a VT sets you up to make the next key (obviously be sure to include the 19 hours, the gold and the campaign currency)
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    fogcrow said:

spideymt said:

urabask said:

urabask said:

urabask said:

ime droprates in FBI are awsome, and if we open both chests, we get enough campaign currencies from one run to start a new key more often then not.
    In CN we can open the second chest one out of five runs(crafting the greater demonic keys solely from the fearzess found in CN chests) assuming we always open the epic key chest. Regarding the orange CN rings: our chance was multiplied with five, but because of the above it was also divided through five...result: it should be same as b4, neither better nor worse.

I don´t know how you use feeders, but I level them to rank 59 before feeding them in, and the upgrade from green to blue really isn´t expensive. I´m really happy about every artefakt drop I get, bound or not.

Also I often saw ppl claim in this thread that they´re making losses running dungeons, presenting calculations not factoring in campaign currencies that can be used for more keys, rp items that can be sold, seals/ichor(roughly 6 AD per elemental and 13 AD per Protector seal and 12 AD per 1 demonic ichor, thats numbers from salvage, rounded down and not factoring in bonuses from VIP or invocation)

I´m still very happy with this change, the only place where it really did screw ppl up is upgrading relic weapons
    from purple to orange.
    actually it is factoring all those things in. cn is hte only one that comes near breaking even to 15k a key (legendary key for second chests) or even 5k for the normal chests. . including all the various bits. and that's just breaking even. dungeons should be something you can make some ad on to afford other things you want or need.
  • Options
    elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User

You would think more than 75 different people might have chimed in their opinion or something about the key changes since it was announced about a month ago on Jan 4 (page 17)...but nope. That's all and less if I'm strict about it. I was curious so I counted. The far majority are upset but not all seemed that upset. I know there are other threads but it's basically the same people padding their post count in the threads (diloul31 vs. trinity706 go!).

SO I CHALLENGE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO HAVE NOT POSTED, POST YOUR OPINION and let the cards fall as they may. I'm tired of seeing the same 10 people never run out of things to say here. I'm sure the Devs are too!

You asked for it.... I'm a casual player, so the key change does not affect me very much. Between school & work, I normally only have 60 - 90 minutes to play on most days. Between trying to grind my way thru the boon progression & guild contributions, i may only have time to run thru 1 or 2 dungeons per week. Only one of my alts is high enough IL to even tackle the epic level dungeons. Since I am grinding my boons, I almost always have enough extra ingredients to craft keys to replace the few I use. And, I should probably mention, I was not a peeker. The first that I even heard of the idea was when this thread was first posted. I was completely mystified that someone would take the trouble to run a dungeon & NOT take the reward. Even tho they are really cheesy, every little bit of AD helps :/ Then again, I just about fell outta my chair the first time I ran a dungeon with a team that killed everything & simply left the loot on the ground,too. :dizzy: