test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A question (OK, more than one question) about Weapon enchants....

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
Hey all, I've searched, but I couldn't find the answer, but I had some questions about weapon enchants. I currently have a Trans Feytouched, and I really like it, however, with the upcoming changes to weapon enchants, I was thinking about perhaps using another enchant like either lightning or lifedrinker (I have a high lifesteal DevOP). I know Feytouched only procs on encounter use, but what about other weapon enchants?

1) Does lightning (or any other weapon enchant) only proc on encounter use, or does it also proc on at-will use?
2) Do AoE attacks proc the lightning enchant once or for each mob hit?
3) If AoE attacks proc the lightning enchant for each mob hit, does that mean the enchant can arc to a mob that has already been hit in the primary attack?
4) Does damage such as Aura of Courage proc lightning enchants?
5) What about damage from boons such as Burning Guidance?

Thanks for the feedback and info,

Fat E

Comments

• michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I have tested only a few and am waiting to test a T.Feytouched.

With that being said, I personally liked Lightning as it is per hit, not per encounter. In testing, it is not what I personally consider a good DPS (every bit helps though), but it provides two really amazing things for tanks. First being it lowers the cool down by 2% on the initial hit, and 1% per chain, up to 3. This is a max of 5% (I think trans would be always 5% with the 100% that it will chain 3 times if there are enough targets). This is per hit and helps a bit when it comes to lower cool downs. Secondly, the area aggro you gain from that (since the chain is at random for 3) is irreplaceable when it comes to aggro management.

I personally like the Lifedrinker for its bonus' to lifesteal and lifesteal sev.

I am toying with the idea of a T.Bronzewood for debuffing as well. I think (and I could be wrong) it provides a 5% damage increase to the target and a 10% damage debuff for 10 seconds, but has an internal cool down of 20% (so has 50% up time) to go along with the debuff playing style I am going with.

As far as the Courage and Burning Guidance, I honestly do not know if those proc/are affected by the enchant effect.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    IIRC Lightning does proc on at-wills, I only played with it a little bit on alt while leveling. I tried the Feytouched in the past on Dev and it was disappointment because it only procs from 4 encounters (Smite, Templar's Wrath, Divine Touch and Relentless Avenger). So I went with Plague Fire for the debuff and I didn't wanted Lightning because it generates more aggro, and as Dev I already could easily steal aggro from the tank. I find PF pretty good on Dev, procs from encounters and at-wills, easy to keep the stacks and it's one of the best debuff enchantments, not many people actually use it so higher chance to not double debuffs. I'm still using Trans PF on Prot which suits my buff/debuff build but Dread or Feytouched would probably work better for more Temp HP from TW, but the price is too high and there's the fact that anything below Trans Fey is not worth getting. Plus Dread is too often the enchantment Hunter Rangers run with.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

I have tested only a few and am waiting to test a T.Feytouched.

With that being said, I personally liked Lightning as it is per hit, not per encounter. In testing, it is not what I personally consider a good DPS (every bit helps though), but it provides two really amazing things for tanks. First being it lowers the cool down by 2% on the initial hit, and 1% per chain, up to 3. This is a max of 5% (I think trans would be always 5% with the 100% that it will chain 3 times if there are enough targets). This is per hit and helps a bit when it comes to lower cool downs. Secondly, the area aggro you gain from that (since the chain is at random for 3) is irreplaceable when it comes to aggro management.

I personally like the Lifedrinker for its bonus' to lifesteal and lifesteal sev.

I am toying with the idea of a T.Bronzewood for debuffing as well. I think (and I could be wrong) it provides a 5% damage increase to the target and a 10% damage debuff for 10 seconds, but has an internal cool down of 20% (so has 50% up time) to go along with the debuff playing style I am going with.

As far as the Courage and Burning Guidance, I honestly do not know if those proc/are affected by the enchant effect.

I don't know if you have access to a Trans Lightning, but I have a Trans Feytouched on my DevOP. If you have access to a Trans Lightning, we could do a temp swap if you are interested. It would be interesting to see how a Trans Lightning worked with a DevOP with high life steal and see how a Trans Feytouched worked with a ProtOP with high life steal. I don't think the Trans Lifedrinker would add too much to my character as I am already at ~39% lifesteal.

I know that trzebiat isn't a big fan of the Trans Feytouched because it apparently only procs on four DevOP encounters. I personally think that is all the more reason to use it on a DevOP since it is basically 100% uptime. I run Bond, Vow, and Divine Touch/RA when in a group so it is perfect for me.

Look me up sometime and we can run together and share notes. sable shadowstorm@rubytrue
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

I know that trzebiat isn't a big fan of the Trans Feytouched because it apparently only procs on four DevOP encounters. I personally think that is all the more reason to use it on a DevOP since it is basically 100% uptime. I run Bond, Vow, and Divine Touch/RA when in a group so it is perfect for me.

I'm not a fan of Feytouched on Dev only because in dungeons my go to rotation was Bond, Vow and Burning Light on trash and Bane on bosses so it would do nothing for me because it'd never proc. Maybe on trash I'd use DT instead of Vow, but then the effect wouldn't matter much because trash dies fast enough and isn't a threat. If you're using one of the encounters that can proc the enchant I'd say go for it.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The plus with T.Fey is the 18% debuff on enemy damage and the increase for you. On bosses that means you're taking less damage and getting more temp health.

I personally use a T.Lightning which is great for threat gen in mobs and cooldown times but it really does need the upcoming damage buff. +67% weapon damage on bosses is pretty bad atm.

I run a prot pally of course so my goals are a bit different.

To directly answer your questions;

1. yes, Lightning procs from at-wills as well as encounters.
    2. I'm not entirely sure but I do know in large mobs it looks like a lightning storm when I hit TW so I'm leaning towards 'yes'.
    3. I don't believe so as it's a damage buff rather than a separate strike
    4. I don't know - as a prot pally I run Thayan Bastion
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD