What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OP's have to love this Mod

13»

Comments

• Options
    valon79#4291 valon79 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    how does everyone feel about the change to vow?
    i like it, seems much more user friendly(i dont like i cant tell who or if its on an enemy if lots of stuff flying around)
    feel like i can do more damage as i can attack better since i can move more freely than last vow

any one else laggy since update, im slingshotting and powers dont proc, sometimes have to hit them several times( they go shaded they they are ready to start cd but then go back to ready and nothing happens)
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah I'm getting the not working/goes on cooldown thing too, the worst is on my SW where it happens to Dreadtheft...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I start at 60-65% DR standing still. I think I am going to up that a bit.

A DC seems to help the most in this fight, but we also noticed the companions others have out can help or hurt the run depending on how much Orcus favors them.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Cool, I'm working on the idea that 70% is sufficient for boss fights if you're using CoP as it brings you to 95%. I currently have 76% plus bonding procs brings me to about 84% without it so that's fine for non-boss stuff.

Other than that I'm re-ordering a few things to bring my crit chance up to 50%. I'm still running a trans Lightning which is great for everything EXCEPT bosses but it looks like it's going to get a nice boost so that'll help.

Other than that I'm running 3 archons and a Siege Master but I've still yet to get all of them to purple (and one to Legendary) but the basic idea is more DPS = more temp health and it's going pretty well so far.

One other thing, I'm using a ring of rising focus (currently a +4). That plus the lightning help a lot with encounter cooldowns.

• Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I'm about 3.4k and can tank Orcus fine with Temp.Wrath and Binding... just a matter of pumping divine call to make sure temp.wrath is constantly up.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User

I'm about 3.4k and can tank Orcus fine with Temp.Wrath and Binding... just a matter of pumping divine call to make sure temp.wrath is constantly up.

What about guild boons/bonding runestones? Those don't reflect on your item level but pretty much increase the character's effectiveness 3-5 times. I'm sure most people have seen a dps for example with a modest 2.5-3K IL and then that same guy or gal deals an insane amount of damage. Then you inspect him and the pet and you see why. Same applies to tanks. I have a set of 3 rank12 bondings that i rotate between my alts and the difference on the paladin is night and day. Orcus can be tanked via temp hp since while fully buffed my paladin has reached as high as 740 000 temp hp. Quite something right.
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    As we all know, the overall key to tanking with a paly is to build the temp HP through Templars Wrath. The problem that we have to deal with is getting a pool of temp heath to work with. When we go into a fight, we have none... in order to get some we have to inflict damage on the mobs which in turn, If they haven't already, attack us thus depleting our HP/Temp HP. My rotation currently is simple for all fights, I go in with binding oath so that I have about 260-280K worth of shield before my normal HP is touched then I hit Templars, divine call, them Templars.. rinse and repeat all while replenishing BO as needed. in mSVA I can get to about 1.9mil Temp HP which is more than enough of a buffer to allow me to focus on buffing/protecting the party while leisurely going through my rotation. For my third encounter I swap between bane, relentless or circle of power.

My build is designed around stacking recovery on my pet and power and arm pen on my toon. For the recovery side, I use both the "lesser" and "normal" versions of Artificers Persuasion so when I fire my artifact power, in battle with about 102K power, I am sitting at about 15K action point gain and around 41K in recovery. I recently changed from trans shadowclad to my trans negation because when I tested it, it gave me an additional 6% in my recovery. I have always used a trans lightning enchant for agro reasons and I get the recovery bonus from that as well.

A guild mate of mine that does a ton of research and testing is using a slightly different approach by stacking crit on his paly.. the reason is a crit on Templars means more temp HP.. so hitting less often with larger results. I would have went this way but i already had the gear for the recovery and didn't want to get the wallet out to change directions. (plus i like the damage my owlbear cub does...)

There are several good artifacts that can also help get us up and going at the beginning of fight, the sigil of the guardian being one of them and Forgehamer being another.

This is certainly not a knock on GF's but i get razzed all the time about not being able to "tank" like a GF.. I don't usually comment, but being able to stay alive as a paly and protect ourselves and help others seems to be a lot more difficult than to hold shift and click a mouse button.. during a mSVA fight it sounds like i am typing a letter..
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I added a couple percent damage resistance and the fight is much more tolerable. Sitting at 67% DR unbuffed now and as long as I get two stacks of Bane applied before I move in I can survive the first hit and the rest is pretty easy going.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    Even if you're not going to slot it during the fight, prepping the team (inc yourself) with Absolution is great, it really helps to avoid getting 1-shot during your initial setup.