test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Firesoul weapons nerfed

ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
Instead of: When you damage an enemy, there is a chance you become Fortified, which increases your defense by 5% and adds your Defense to your Power, to a max of 30% increase of your total Power

It is now: When you use an encounter power, you become fortified, which increases your defense by 5% and adds 15% of your defense to your power for 10 seconds.

Nothing in mod 11 I'm looking forward to now. I can skip it altogether if I so choose.
Post edited by ph33rm3 on

Comments

• c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    You can't blame the devs on it. WE/Weapon Artifact balance are directed by the players feedback.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    How is that useless? It has the same damage with relic weapon, and gives 2,5k power on my current build which equals to 6% damage increase. That is on par with relic set bonus, which gives either 10% defense or damage. This one gives 5% defense + 6% damage simultenously, which can be further boosted with the higher rank enchants than the ones I have.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited January 2017

How is that useless? It has the same damage with relic weapon, and gives 2,5k power on my current build which equals to 6% damage increase. That is on par with relic set bonus, which gives either 10% defense or damage. This one gives 5% defense + 6% damage simultenously, which can be further boosted with the higher rank enchants than the ones I have.

Not all of us have 16,600 defense like you to get a 2500 power boost. With my stronghold boon, I have 11,235 defense and will only see an increase in power of 1,685. And the way power works, the more you have the less effective it is. With my power currently at 39,711 the additional power will not boost my damage by 4% like you might expect.

If I'm in a party with a cleric or paladin and my power gets boosted, the additional 1,685 power I get from the Firesoul weapons will be barely noticeable.

In order to be on par with the Relic weapon's pure 10% damage increase, I would need to get a boost in power of approximately 6,000 - 7,000. Even if the Firesoul weapons added 50% instead of 15% of my defense to my power, they would still be inferior.

The weapons are not worth the grind to obtain them. I'll just stick with my Epic mod 10.5 relic weapons and like I said. Skip mod 11.

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    It was unecessary i agree, if anyone gets to the point of having 16600 defence it's already a very evolved player so damage output will increase probably even less that 1% by 800 power, 600-700 in undefined case so a gwf much less and it's gwf that will affect more.

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    CDs are stupid to begin with.
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Does the bonus go on a 30 CD like the other sets?
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    dmcewen said:

Does the bonus go on a 30 CD like the other sets?

Yeah. the same as the other sets. 10 seconds of uptime followed by 20 seconds of downtime. Triggering once every 30 seconds.

very poopie
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    ph33rm3 said:

Not all of us have 16,600 defense like you to get a 2500 power boost. With my stronghold boon, I have 11,235 defense and will only see an increase in power of 1,685. And the way power works, the more you have the less effective it is. With my power currently at 39,711 the additional power will not boost my damage by 4% like you might expect.

If I'm in a party with a cleric or paladin and my power gets boosted, the additional 1,685 power I get from the Firesoul weapons will be barely noticeable.

In order to be on par with the Relic weapon's pure 10% damage increase, I would need to get a boost in power of approximately 6,000 - 7,000. Even if the Firesoul weapons added 50% instead of 15% of my defense to my power, they would still be inferior.

The weapons are not worth the grind to obtain them. I'll just stick with my Epic mod 10.5 relic weapons and like I said. Skip mod 11.

Was it really not obvious that firesoul was meant for GFs?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    urabask said:

Was it really not obvious that firesoul was meant for GFs?

Pretty much this. If that particular bonus does not work for you, there are 3 other you can choose from. Firesoul is obviously meant for classes with high defense. Boosting its bonus just so it can work for your build would mean it would be overpowered for other builds.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

Even nerfed firesoul weapon will prolly still be bis in pve mostly because of how much munchkin stats you can, put azure r12s in defensive slots of stuff you wear on your companion, boost power in offensive, do same thing on your character, put defense boon, and then apply all the power buffs that are possible in certain PvE comps and you have BiS weapon anyway.

as said proc has icd so its mostly worthless proc
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I kinda wish they would put in something in masterworks to match the Relic armor better, like an upgrade task for Adamant/Umbral to bump it up a bit, maybe on par with T2 Relic armor pieces.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Question: it says the set "raises your defense by 5%". Is it 5% DR increase or, instead, 5% of your defense stat? Because if it's 5% defense stat increase then it's pretty poor.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    ph33rm3 said:

Oh well. this was the excuse I needed to skip mod 11. Nothing in mod 11 I'm looking forward to now.

As always ppl crying -> cryptic Nerf -> next Mod fail..

the Relic weapon owners cried too loud eh lol, man this is really disappointing,
    was planning to come back to NW with M11But it seems that I have to skip it now,

well..Cya
    ---

@etelgrin lol
    just put R12 and thats it lol, don't be ridiculous.

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • kainan777kainan777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User

I kinda wish they would put in something in masterworks to match the Relic armor better, like an upgrade task for Adamant/Umbral to bump it up a bit, maybe on par with T2 Relic armor pieces.

Yeah, nice idea. Set bonus for MW gear would be great too.
  • lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    kainan777 said:

Personally I'd be fine with something equivalent to the relic set completely drained. I ain't farming voninblud even if I went insane and was willing to go back to the grind of SoMI for the gear.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

kainan777 said:

Personally I'd be fine with something equivalent to the relic set completely drained. I ain't farming voninblud even if I went insane and was willing to go back to the grind of SoMI for the gear.
    You can always get vivified relic set and leave it drained. You wouldn't be alone...
  • lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Member Posts: 22 Arc User

kainan777 said:

You can always get vivified relic set and leave it drained. You wouldn't be alone...
    I'm not planning to go back to SoMI even for that. I'll settle for 5-10 ilvls less if it comes to that, just saying I wouldn't be bent out of shape if they upped one of the current armor sets to the same ilvl as drained relic.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    This is good for the game, thumbs up Devs.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I dont see any problem.
    You grinded for relic weapons? keep them so you dont have to grind now.
    You skipped the grind (and money) of relic weapons? grind (less) for the new ones and you are on par.

People have to complain about everything there are other things more critical to complain about
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    This will not make any more people grind their lives away to get Relic Weapons. You all should know that, devs included. What this may achieve however is make people run yet another mod with their old Twisted/Drowned weapons. Must be great for the game right? Releasing 2 modules of content one after the other that both make people play less. Great job.

Far as I'm concerned this will save me time and money and will cost Cryptic.
    Post edited by waywardwizard#4349 on
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    etelgrin said:

Even nerfed firesoul weapon will prolly still be bis in pve mostly because of how much munchkin stats you can, put azure r12s in defensive slots of stuff you wear on your companion, boost power in offensive, do same thing on your character, put defense boon, and then apply all the power buffs that are possible in certain PvE comps and you have BiS weapon anyway.

You can relax now right? Your PvP is safe.
    Post edited by waywardwizard#4349 on
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    This is one time the Devs might have actually did something they said they intended to do... instead of letting ignorance of actual game play mechanics and greed cause them to give another item that screws up the work they did in a previous mod. I understand that to a lot of people SKT is something they can't or WON'T do.. but there a MANY people (more everyday) that can and will.

Please don't just look at the game from you and your own cliques' biases.... this game has always needed DIVERSITY.. in people and content. We've had diversity in types of players.. recently and hopefully continuing into the future... maybe the devs will continue to include diversity in content.. and I don't just mean new dungeons.. I mean paths of progression...

The old Firesoul bonus was good for the game ONLY in the marketing aspect of the game. Fast, Easy, New Weapons that you could (had to) get to be BiS... (let me get my Credit Card).

The new set bonuses makes it to where Firesoul doesn't replace Relic.. it still leaves Esva and Somi as relevant content in game. It still leaves people that have invested in those weapons about half a mod ago with RIGHTFULLY earned progress in game for a respectable amount of time.

"Rest assured we will absolutely not be releasing ascended weapons in a state that obsoletes relic weapons. In truth, we will be aiming to ensure that relic weapons are still the optimal choice." - Asterdahl

OMG, they might ACTUALLY get it right... aligning their intent with what actually happens in game... That would be a RARE occurance.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

This is one time the Devs might have actually did something they said they intended to do... instead of letting ignorance of actual game play mechanics and greed cause them to give another item that screws up the work they did in a previous mod. I understand that to a lot of people SKT is something they can't or WON'T do.. but there a MANY people (more everyday) that can and will.

Please don't just look at the game from you and your own cliques' biases.... this game has always needed DIVERSITY.. in people and content. We've had diversity in types of players.. recently and hopefully continuing into the future... maybe the devs will continue to include diversity in content.. and I don't just mean new dungeons.. I mean paths of progression...

The old Firesoul bonus was good for the game ONLY in the marketing aspect of the game. Fast, Easy, New Weapons that you could (had to) get to be BiS... (let me get my Credit Card).

The new set bonuses makes it to where Firesoul doesn't replace Relic.. it still leaves Esva and Somi as relevant content in game. It still leaves people that have invested in those weapons about half a mod ago with RIGHTFULLY earned progress in game for a respectable amount of time.

"Rest assured we will absolutely not be releasing ascended weapons in a state that obsoletes relic weapons. In truth, we will be aiming to ensure that relic weapons are still the optimal choice." - Asterdahl

OMG, they might ACTUALLY get it right... aligning their intent with what actually happens in game... That would be a RARE occurance.

They're still close enough to Relic weapons that somi/msva will be dead in mod 11. The only people still running it will be those that don't want to give up on the weapons they already made.
    I8r4ux9.jpg