test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gathorne's Debuffadin (Formally Shadowknight)

michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
edited May 2017 in The Citadel

Gathorne's Guide to Tank/DPS (Debuffadin Build)

This build's purpose is to give players a different feel/theme to tanking. This specific build focuses on Massive HP to maximize the survival rate for tanking. You will not be a DPS, but a straight up tank for holding the big baddies off you're team members.

Race

Many can argue that this or that race is better. When it comes down to it, it is personal preference. With that being said, I personally prefer the Human for the 3% to DR and the additional 3 feats. I will explain later on how these additional feats are used.

Abilities

This is another area where some may debate. To maximize for this build, I put points into CON and CHA. This is to increase HP/Defense and AP Gain/Stamina Gain/Crit.

Dailies

While recently we have been nerfed, there is some very much useful Dailies we have available to us. I will cover the ones I commonly use.

Divine Judgement - Provided us with a good chunk of damage in a very small area around the target. There are times to use this.

Divine Protector - While this has been nerfed, this is still very useful. Max at rank 4 gives us 6 seconds of catching damage. Will explain with Binding Oath on how this is used for DPS purposes.

Shield of Faith - While this has been nerfed, this is still a fairly useful daily. Gives 30% DR, in which we will need if you're defense is not high enough. Numbers will be close to the end of this post.

Encounters

Here are the notable encounters that I use, depending on my situation. Below the encounters are what I consider my loadouts per scenario.

Templar's Wrath - Obviously a winner in the tank books. Gives 300% of damage done as temp HP. This is your meat and potatoes as your survivability.

Binding Oath - Another great winning encounter. This one gives you 100% of your HP as a temporary shield. After x (depends on the rank) seconds or depleted, the shield will blast away and deal 100% of the damage it took to surrounding enemies and hit you for 50% of the damage it absorbed. I use this with Templar's Wrath and Divine Protector to deal some major damage. This can crit as well. Really good way to protect your group and really redirect that damage elsewhere.

Smite - This one is mainly for DPS. Hits decently hard, gains some AP and has a small AoE affect for enemies around your target.

Blinding Light - Another good encounter with good AP gain and damage. Also increases your incoming healing while it is active.

Absolution - Good temp shield to not only apply to yourself, but to individuals as well. Gives up to 50% of HP as a shield.

Circle of Power - Really great way to gain 25% DR + 30% more Damage.

Bane - Nice little buff/debuff to your target. Good way to prevent Boss's from smacking you down upon charging in like Leeroy Jenkins!!!!

Vow of Enmity - This is a great additional way to increase your DPS and your aggro gain. Gives up to 50% more damage (stackable with Bane) for the whole group if you prefer to have more of a buff/debuff role.

All Powers (84 Points)

Power1
Power2
Power3

Loadouts

Trash/DPS - Blinding Light, Templar's Wrath and Smite

Lower Bosses - Blinding Light, Templar's Wrath and Binding Oath

Larger Bosses with BO - Bane, Templar's Wrath and Binding Oath

Larger Bosses with CoP - Circle of Power, Bane, Templar's Wrath

Class Features

This is one area that I am constantly changing due to the situation I am in. Again, in order from what I use to rarely use.

Aura of Courage - Another personal fav, even for DPS. Every hit gains some Radiant damage for the whole party. This is one of the reasons to focus on HP. Deals 1% of your HP as damage. Each of the 3 other ranks increase it by 10% of that. This does scale and seen hits in the 17k. Not too shabby for an innate ability.

Aura of Radiance - Yes, I am using it. What I have figured out so far is that max rank should be something around 100% weapon damage every 3 seconds. While the aggro gain isn't much, its more than what you'd get without it. This does not have a limit of targets either and respects the 30' range as all auras. To repeat, 30' range every 3 seconds for 100% weapon damage + scalability.

Aura of Truth - All mobs around you hit for less while this is active. Combined with Bane, it takes a good chunk away from Boss mobs.

Aura of Protection - Very straight forward. Adds a max of 12.5% DR. Since we are going to have a lower DR, its not a bad idea to use. This however could lower how much damage you take with BO. Pick your poison.

Aura of Wisdom - Everyone gains a good chunk of recharge speed. Not a bad idea and it has its place.

At-Wills

To be honest, these never change.

Shielding Strike - Good DPS for an At Will. Adds small shield and stacks 3 times. Mitigates very little damage but every little bit counts.

Radiant Strike - Fun way to charge a short distance and do some AoE damage.

Oath Strike - Backup when I need more aggro. Third strike forces your target to attack you. This is a good way to keep bosses on you instead of the GWF behind him.

Feats

This is what I have for the feats/paragon section.

Feats and Paragon Path

Boons

Below are the Boons I have chosen for this build. I am currently working on The Storm King Thunder Boons.

Dread Ring Boons
Elemental Evil Boons
Icewind Dale Boons
Maze Engine Boons
Sharandar Boons
Tyranny of Dragons Boons
Underdark Boons

Guild Boons - Armor Penetration Bonus,Defense Bonus(when tanking)/Lifesteal Bonus(when solo or tanking trash),Mount Speed Bonus

Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
[Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

Post edited by michaelrn1982 on

Comments

• michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Companions

There is much arguement in this area as well. Augment versus Combat Companions with Bonding. I can see both views and when it comes down to it, its how comfortable you feel and how deep your pockets are to get the bonding runestones needed. I will give the Augment side of this for this build. I would love to test a bonding companion as well.

• Bulette Pup - This cute lil guy has 3 defensive slots inwhich i placed a minimum of rank 9 Eldrich Runestones in them. This gives back 28.5% more stats returned. In addition to that, he is my Legendary, so another 15%. This is a total of 143.5% of the stats he has. While this is no where near the stats of a bonding, this is not too shabby for something that has 100% uptime. I have 2x Loyal Defender Gear, and planning on getting the last belt next week. For the defensive slots, I am using Radiant (yes, this actually gives you the HP bonus + % gain from augment). For Offensive, I am switching over from Power to Crit because the build works better with crits than power.
    • Energon - This lovely new toy adds 5% of your Max HP. Great bonus and one of a few I'm considering for the Summoned/Combat Companion role. His summoned bonus is that he'll absorb AP during a fight and give it to you after combat has ended. This feels kind of like the Warlock Dust to Dust/Borrowed Time post combat healing.
    • Sylph - For the Control Resist. 50% is no laughing matter. Helps keep you tanking while everyone else is locked up.
    • Will-O-Wisp - For the Control Resist. An additional 25% to keep you going.
    • Rust Monter - 5% Damage Debuff (numbers may actually differ) that is stackable three times.

Below is a list of notables that I am currently testing with this build. A huge diffence with these is that the playing styles will focus on pure tanking/resistance/debuff rather than DPS. I will explain below the use of each companion and changes per playing style of the build.

• Chicken - For the Debuff
    • Battlefield Medic - For the Incoming Healing
    • Lillend - For the healing per Daily use.

Companions

Companioins

Summoned Companion

Main Companioin

Gear and Stats

Before I go over the gear set and enchantments, I enjoy going rogue with gear and enchantments that normally do not make sense, and make sense out of it. With that being said, there is no reason to insult the gear chosen. I am not here to say this is the "It" gear or this is what is BiS. I am not! I am here to say this is the direction I am taking. If something comes up that is better, then naturally I will upgrade.

Gear
    Abilities
    Stats1
    Stats2
    Stats3
    Stats4
    Stats5

Armor - Trans. Barkshield - Need I say more. 4 stack max. Goes from 80k to 20k, based upon how many stacks you have.

Weapon - Trans. Feytouched - Damage Debuff. Get to glow pink. What's not to like here?

Defense - Radiant, Radiant and Radiant. Maximize your HP to increase not only your HP Pool, but also AoC as well.

Offense - Silvery Enchantment, Rank 9. Moved on to recovery so that the cooldowns for TW and BO are reduced. Plan to upgrade as AD comes along.

Explanation of the choices above:

Goal 1: Max out on HP. Regardless of your defense, you are going to take a hit. Several items/enchantments/class features are based on Max HP. Here is a list of those that I am currently using.

Energon - Gain 5% of Max HP.
    Aura of Courage - Deal 1% of damage (+10% per additional Rank, max of +30%).
    Bulette Pip - Heal 25% of HP if damage for over 25% of Max HP.
    Binding Oath - 100% of Max HP as a shield. Deals AoE damage if depleted or time expires. This is a huge chunk of damage that can crit and lifesteal.
    Absolution - Shields for 20% (Max of 50%) of HP. Another good mitigation/survival encounter based upon HP.

Goal 2: Maximize your damage debuff so you don't need to mitigate as much damage. Also helps team members because they will not have to take nearly as much damage. Below is a list of those that gives the damage debuff.

Valhalla Set - 3% per stack, up to 5 stacks.
    T.Fey - 15% for single hit, 15% on AoE (I currently am not sure on how accurate this is, but apparently these are tested values)
    Aura of Truth - 12.5% all around!
    Martyr's Blood - 10% as long as it hits you
    Bane - 10% a stack, up to 3 stacks
    Rust Monster - 5% for 3 stacks (some say the number is actually four point something)

Below is the equation used (and could be fairly accurate.

Total Damage Incoming = Base Damage * [(1-debuffValue1) * (1-debuffValue2) .... ]

On this build, keep in mind that not all debuffs will be on your target 100% with the exception of Aura of Truth.
    Gathornia The Divine

[Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Awesome my friend, it has been so much fun brainstorming with you on this ,and seeing it become a reality, good work !! you're brilliant!!
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Hi m8, an interesting post, could you let us know your item level and results in FBI and CN? Could you also state your current offensive & defensive stats?

I do have a few questions/points:

Firstly are you oath of protection or devotion? The reason I ask is because of your description of Oath Strike:
    "Oath Strike - Heals on 3rd strike." which is the Devotion version but you say you use Aura of Radiance and Divine Protector which are both Protection. On Protection, Oath Strike forces the target to attack you, but if your goal is DPS instead of extra threat then using Shielding Strike would serve you better as it hits harder and gives you a shield which compensates for your lower DR build.

Also a few corrections; Shield of Faith is 30% (not 25%, and it reduces incoming damage by this amount and is a separate layer on top of your DR, not an increase of it) and Binding Oath has changed since mod 10.5, it has a fixed absorption amount of 100% of your regular HP with a timer of 5 seconds.

I'm also confused that you've put all points into Con & Cha but in your feats you've put 3 points into Weapon Mastery (3% Crit Chance) but no points into Force of Will ("Each point of Charisma now increases your Critical chance by an additional .33/.66/1%."). With a high Cha build moving those points to FoW would give you an increase of around 20% crit chance.

The last point is I see you've put 5 points in Light's Shield which increases your DR by 2.5% (appx 1000 pts) but none in Divine Action which increases AP gain by 5% per use of Divine Call. Personally I consider being able to generate an extra 5% AP every 5 to 10 seconds is more important than 1000 points in Defence which is quite easy to get.

I am interested to hear how it works in high level content though, especially with the brave move of sacrificing powersharing for minor de/buffing and using a defensive weapon ench for an offensive build.
    Post edited by armadeonx on
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited January 2017
    Updated the guide with the two corrections and screenshots of certain areas. Was going off memory and as I age, the memory isn't as good as it used to.

To go through your series of questions. This is a Protection build, as per the title of the post.

I am not sure what actually showed up on NWCalc, but I am focusing some on Crit. I do take 3 in Weapon Mastery and 3 into Force of Will. I like to stay around 40% or more crit chance if possible. This really affects Blinding Light more so than the rest of the encounters. If the first one crits in BL, they all crit and will result in more DPS. It is nice for TW or BO to crit, but is not a focal point for this build.

As far as Light Shield VS Divine Action, I prefer the 2.5% to DR over 5% AP gain. The 2.5% is constant where the 5% is per use.

To answer your top questions, my stats are as follows:

Power: - Base is 9786, in solo I am seeing numbers in the 31000 from ring/boons/etc.
    Crit Chance: Base is 39.2%, goes up to around 42% during combat.
    Resistance Ignored: 62%. Working to lower this to 60% for gain elsewhere (Crit if at all possible).
    Defense: Base is 51.5%, goes up to about 75% max (ring and boons) during combat.
    Deflect Chance:11.6%, goes up around 19% max during combat.
    HP: Base is 195,626. Goes up naturally with VIP'ers in group.
    Lifesteal: Base is 8.2%

My Item Level is currently at 3055.

I am currently working on getting my Ilevel up to 3100 to run FBI. Orcus fights are fairly minimal with Bane,TW and BO for encounters, AoP and AoT for Class Features. Rotate between SoF and DP as needed. I do switch out companions and put in Lillend and Battlefield Medic depending on how the previous part of the dungeon. I can see how Rust Monster and maybe the Chicken could play a bigger role into this and lowering his Damage down another 25%, or at least another 15%.

The numbers play out (and have seen proof that they work) like this. AoT gives 12.5% Damage Reduction. Bane gives another 30%. Martyr's Blood gives another 10%. There alone is 52.5%. this already takes his 800k damage down to 380k. My base DR that I stand by is a minimal of 50%. This takes his damage down to 190k, in which if you are running BO and TW, this is at least burning BO and maybe some of your temp HP. The fight is very much manageable from this point on. I usually run with a DC and have had very little problems thus far. I do intend on continuing testing this build, but do feel it is stable as of now.
    Gathornia The Divine

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Interesting build. I've been experimenting with a Dark Paladin (Shadowknight--I like that as my toon's name is Sable Shadowstorm) that rocks a high lifesteal (will be at ~36% once I gear up my mount). You can actually run it as a Prot OP--though I had trouble tanking Orcus--but I am currently running it as a DevOP and I am loving it. Rather than a "healadin," I think of mine as a "stealadin." I went with the Burning Set so I could get my dailies up quicker proccing my Prism which in turn procced Burning Guidance. If you have high life steal, it is pretty easy to get Field Medic even if you are a Prot OP (in which case you will probably rank pretty high on Paingiver and Executioner as well, not to mention Immovable Object. I also went with the Owlbear Cub as a companion for the second hit on encounter--which would proc life steal as well. Rather than going for huge chunks of damage, I focused on a steady stream of damage--resulting in more lifesteal which in turn resulted in more damage from Prism and Burning Guidance.

As a DevOP, with Bond, a stealadin becomes a nonstop damage machine. It is a blast.

Keep experimenting--and have fun!

Fat E
    Cool, thanks for the update. I think I see what happened on NWCalc; the Human box wasn't ticked so you didn't get the 3 extra points, hence missing from Force of Will.

That's a good amount of HP, especially for your IL, do you have an epic/legendary mount? My pally is currently running a white tiger and boosts his armor pen by 2k, I also get some via a Tiamat Orb, Constitution belt and a couple of enchantments. This brings me up to -60% so I can use the SH power boon. On that note, I suggested to the Devs in a recent post about adding RI to the Constitution stat seeing as it's vital for threat generation (we can but hope, lol)

Have you considered using a Trans Feytouched for weapon enchantment? I think it'd work well with your goals. At trans I believe it has 100% uptime and reduces enemy damage by 18% and transfers it to you, giving you more DPS and boosting your temp health generation. On Orcus that would mean taking 144k off his initial damage output..

I do like your goal of reducing outgoing NPC damage as much as possible, this isn't the standard mindset for pally builds which tend to focus on self survival via ever-increasing temp HP and maxing DR so it's nice to see another approach.

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    I don't agree with many of your choices but this is still very interesting read and a nice example of thinking outside the box.

What hurts me the most though is the lack of Aura Gifts which is one of the main reasons on Prot to stack as much HP as possible because the power you get from Protection Oath caps at 10% of max HP and you can share it. And that power can be shared to companions who then give it back through bondings (which is why even low rank bondings win with augments) which will results with much more power and Temp HP from TW for personal use and more damage for everyone in range. The fact that Aura Gifts is not limited to your party like GF's ITF makes it a must have in my opinion and it's not worth sacrificing for reducing enemy damage output which can be achieved with weapon enchant.

I'm currently playing Prot on the same build I used on Dev (which includes Prism, BG and Engine Inspiration) and it works great, no problems with bosses in FBI but giants and bears destroy me still very often (maybe it's because of powers I use), high crit and recovery, stacking HP (190-205k depending on the mount equip power 15% AP or 8k HP and VIP bonus) and when solo I get over 70k power with R11 bondings. Taking out Aura Gifts would most likely cripple me and the team in terms of both damage and survivability due to lower Temp HP.

One more thing I don't understand is your choice of shirt and pants. You want to stack as much HP as possible, you're using armor piece specifically for this and a companion but you don't use Drowcraft set which offer the most HP. Why?
    edited January 2017
    Thank you guys for your wonderful comments!

@rubytrue Some things that I am enjoying with this is the debuff numbers against Orcus. With ease, I am reducing him down by 52% and increasing damage to him by 30% (using just Bane, AoT and Martyr's Blood, it is possible to go even more with Rust Monster (15%) and perhaps a T.Feytouched(18%)). Lifesteal becomes a nice add on with the damage bonus + quickly healing when I go into my actual HP and not Temp/Shield. I thought about going the Owlbear route, but realized that the Pup gave healing (25% of max HP if you take 25% or more damage) and had 3 defensive slots (This is the main reason why and I use the Pup with 3x Eldrich, Rank 9 to turn back an extra 28.5% back on an augment companion, planning on upgrading to rank 12 (36% overall + 15% legendary bonus). Thank you for your insight, and keep rocking the Devo build.

@armadeonx I indeed do have two epic mounts. The legendary mount will come with time. I am currently using the white tiger as well in conjunction with the Legendary Tia neck (I have a Lost neck as well that I am leveling up to Legendary, currently at Epic) and the Con belt. Con belt has been my priority on getting to Legendary as the extra HP and Con should boost me just over 200k unbuffed hp and a minor boost to DR. I have looked at every enchantment and am currently playing with the Trans. Lifedrinker for its lifesteal chance and lifesteal severity (always using powers and buff lasts 5 seconds). I am also using it to keep with the amount of necrotic damage being done (waiting to see what happens in Mod 11 before I ditch it). I do not see any weapon enchantment that would not work with this build. Dread could beef up encounters and deal the necrotic as well. Vorpal could beef up every crit. Feytouched could beef up overall damage (may rock in pvp as well). Even a Lightning enchant is good for the cool down reduction (I have tested a perfect lightning with this build and it was effective in that sense). It's all about what flavor you like, and I do tend to switch flavors for the sake of variation. Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Always welcome a different view on things.

@trzebiat#2067 I enjoy thinking out of the box, and appreciate your comment. On this build, it does have a low base power, thus, Aura Gifts would not have been as optimal as other builds that have the higher power to share. Perhaps this build could expand on Power and reconsider the Aura Gifts once I build up gear, enchants and etc. There are other classes that powershare/buff up power. I saw my minor 2000 power as not worth the effort and decided to put more into Control Resist, a 5% buff to defense and deflect while not moving and a 10% damage debuff as the higher gain. The focus here is that the build is still a tank and needs to be able to take as much damage as possible, and stay vertical for aggro gaining purposes. I just purchased the Drow set and will test it later on to see how those changes affect. Seems it gave over 2k HP so far, in which is a good thing for this build. I am looking forward to this week as I have completely unlocked FBI and am quickly getting items to boost my ilevel so I can enter. I feel my stats should perform well if the damage taken is anything close to Orcus. Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
    Gathornia The Divine

You're underestimate Paladin's power sharing. Even with low base power around 10k from gear and boons you have 200k HP which gives 20k more power. 25% of that is 7.5k which you share to allies and companions. With three R12 bondings which should be priority for any DPS class they get 7.5k from you and three times that through bondings which gives in total 30k power. That's a lot.
    It's not that I am under-estimating, I understand and value those who run Aura Gifts and share their power.

The primary focus of this build is to tank the big guys. The DPS is a bonus for aggro gain. A good DPS can't do anything if they are laying on the ground because the tank can't pull the boss off them. The self healing while not a huge aggro gain, helps with maintaining aggro. The buffs/debuffs (and there are many) are to help lower how much damage not only you will take, but everyone in your party/raid.

A note to remind yourself about power share. You have to take 10% more healing or when taking damage, or gain 15% healing for 8 seconds. Taking any one of those is typically a waste for a Protection build since our primary function is to take damage, not heal it.
    Gathornia The Divine

note: That's a 10% increase on incoming healing meaning you get healed for 10% more

Is this in reference to Gift of Light or Seraphim?
    Gathornia The Divine

I actually find increased healing pretty good because I also use 1/5 Beacon of Hope, 4/5 Prism, Engine Inspiration, Burning Guidance, Healing Warmth, set bonus from Drowcraft shirt and pants and Magistrate Patience for healing on crits. Sometimes also using Sanctuary to shield damaged allies and it's another source of healing. If it wouldn't be L3 to activate it I'd be turning it on and off between attacks to proc Burning Guidance and Healing Warmth.
    I agree if you are depending on feats/abilities/boons to heal, then it would not be a waste. Again, this build focuses on tanking and not healing.
    Gathornia The Divine

Is this in reference to Gift of Light or Seraphim?

Gifts of Light

edited January 2017
    There might be some confusion on what Gifts of Light does. Is it considered Outgoing or Incoming Healing? I think it is Outgoing, but willing to really dive into to have an answer on this. If it is incoming, then of course it would make some sense (if focus was maximizing your incoming healing). If it is outgoing, for this build it would not work as well as for any Devotion build.

The closest I found so far is from this on MMOMinds

http://mmominds.com/2016/06/21/mod-9-devotiondps-paladin-build-neverwinter/

Gifts of Light (5/5) You heal for 2/4/6/8/10% more [In order to get to the end of the Justice path, it only allows you to put 15 points into light. It doesn’t seem like much, but it really is enough to keep your team alive. Seraphim is pretty useless if you’re running with a good tank, you shouldn’t be taking a lot of damage, so there’s no point in wasting points on it.]

This comes across to me as Outgoing, but I would like to still try this on Preview to verify if it is Outgoing or Incoming. (I think Incoming would be harder to test because if you heal yourself, Outgoing == Incoming).
    Gathornia The Divine

Yeah I thought about it after I wrote my reply, it does look very similar to the DC virtuous feat which boosts outgoing healing by 10%. It does mean your shield benefits from it though so it will give you some benefit.

I do like the 2nd feat on that path though; Warrior's Bastion is a nice boost to your defence stat.

edited January 2017
    Agreed, it is a nice feat.. That is something that I did evaluate before going into the Bulwark tree instead. The deciding factor was this. I can take 10% more defense (currently an extra 1500-1700 or 7-8ish percent) or take 10% Control resist, sometimes having 5% DR and Deflect and 10% damage reduced on target when taking damage. The later in my opinion sounded it had more benefit to a more pure tanking build over the 10% to healing, 10% to DR stat and 25% power sharing. I am testing a variation of my build above to go into the Light tree for those who prefer it over Bulwark, as there might be some prospective good attributes for a Devo like build to come from this.
    Gathornia The Divine

• omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User

I actually find increased healing pretty good because I also use 1/5 Beacon of Hope, 4/5 Prism, Engine Inspiration, Burning Guidance, Healing Warmth, set bonus from Drowcraft shirt and pants and Magistrate Patience for healing on crits. Sometimes also using Sanctuary to shield damaged allies and it's another source of healing. If it wouldn't be L3 to activate it I'd be turning it on and off between attacks to proc Burning Guidance and Healing Warmth.

are you back to Devotion or now running this as protection Trzebiat ??
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~

are you back to Devotion or now running this as protection Trzebiat ??
    The situation forced me to roll Prot because there's no other tank that can run FBI in my group and I changed only the Oath, staying with the same build as on Dev and found it works pretty good. I'll have to make some small changes though, mostly taking Lifesteal over Regeneration that now make sense on Prot. I'll go back to Dev for a while only to test my build after the 10.5 patch and finally finish my guide on Dev, now including some notes on Prot as well. After that I'm going back to Prot. I started another Pally character to have both Prot and Dev and to experiment a little bit more, e.g. with Lostmauth set instead of Black Ice, and I'll most likely get Valhalla set on Prot. Good thing some of the gear is account bound, but the biggest loss are companions.
    A point on DR is if you're running Absolution. I've started trying it out in CN and I'm liking it so far. It gives a 50% DR boost while the blue shield is up which means any more points in DR are unused. It's just a question of how quickly you can spam it of course but I am going to have to give it a thorough trial.

Where do you get the Energon companion by the way..?

armadeonx said:

Where do you get the Energon companion by the way..?

Dread Legion lvl 60 skirmish or AH.
    Cool thanks, found it :smiley:

• slappdanielslappdaniel Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    to lazy to read all of the comments. surely this was already said but you should really take aura gifts. its by far the best paladin feat.
    It was indeed in the comments, however I did explain on why not to take it for this build.

It's not that I am under-estimating, I understand and value those who run Aura Gifts and share their power.

The primary focus of this build is to tank the big guys. The DPS is a bonus for aggro gain. A good DPS can't do anything if they are laying on the ground because the tank can't pull the boss off them. The self healing while not a huge aggro gain, helps with maintaining aggro. The buffs/debuffs (and there are many) are to help lower how much damage not only you will take, but everyone in your party/raid.

A note to remind yourself about power share. You have to take 10% more healing or when taking damage, or gain 15% healing for 8 seconds. Taking any one of those is typically a waste for a Protection build since our primary function is to take damage, not heal it.

Gathornia The Divine

• snnoxsnnox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    hey man can u post the powers ty.
    or recomended powers
    Added a section called Loadouts. If you would like to know more about the class features, dailies and others, please let me know and i'll be more than happy to update.
    Gathornia The Divine

• swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Great build, thanks for sharing it. I am wondering, for none human builds what three Heroic Feats to you recommend cutting out?
    Thank you for your comment. For non-humans, I would not take Force of Will. The bonus crit is nice, but not a necessity for the tanking aspect of the build. If you absolutely could not do without Force of will, perhaps a point or two from Steadfast (you'd be sacrificing HP for crit) could work as well.
    Gathornia The Divine