test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I'm not sure where i can find the list of forbidden websites. So i hope, i'm not violating a rule of this board.
    But think a lot people will find this article very interesting about what's going on around the world about lockboxes and gamble in video game.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/01/17/__trashed-3/

Looks like it would be a good thing for devs of every game with lockboxes to really anticipate new laws concerning this bizness model.

I consider lockboxes that need enchanted keys "good gambling" because of the generally good value stuff in it but the extra chest seems to fall in " bad gambling " category ^^'
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    diloul31 said:

I consider lockboxes that need enchanted keys "good gambling" because of the generally good value stuff in it but the extra chest seems to fall in " bad gambling " category ^^'

Im opening lockboxes everyday for years and I never got anything good...Sorry but I really rather see unbound or bound purple mounts companions and artifacts from dungeon chest then artifact packs with some trade bars.
    edited January 2017
    I'm opening them everyday since a few months and i only had once an "epic compagnon lockbox" wich i sold for 380k.

Plus i don't buy keys at all exept when i have a voucher for an enchanted key ^^

What i meant by good value is for exemple yesterday i got a "frozen companion box" and with a coupon an hour later, an other frozen compagnion box.
    Theirs prices is 44000k, i put them on ah for 39999k and they were sold in seconds

So with the fees, i got 75k, one key was "free vip" the other with the voucher 75zen.

So overall it is ok for me :)

To be honest, i sell everything i get from enchanted chests because i never had any luck and sometime Cryptic is just puking on us with whats there is inside...

For exemple i opened many "Evil treasure box" and all i ever got from it was a hamster transmute that worth 15 da... 15da...

Stuff like that in an enchanted chest is an insult to the player who will open it.

There is more garbage like ostrian relics or crapp like that but still i believe if you are not a gambler and sell evrything, it's valuable.

The giant boxs gave me a lot of epics marks, jewels for refinement, ect that i could sell too but keep for my use.

On the other side, epics extra chests will give you pure <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 90% of time.

So i prefer "decent stuff i can sell everyday" than pure garbage most likely binded in extra chests dunjeons.

IIt's not a secret i just hate Cryptic for their greedy politic but VIP is the best value imo in all that bs f2p system.
    ( why i'm still here ? Because i love D&D and the game still have fun components )
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • bringeroflight#1920 bringeroflight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    what should be implemented so that it isnt totally out of balance is that if you have 100% completed a zone the key cost for those zones should be get 1 free weekly w/ a production time of 10seconds and everyone after that all resources and time is cut in half.

this allows players to strive to 100% complete zones (or buy the zone completion packs which im sure yall dont mind) and also rewards those players who do so.
  • thegrimner#3435 thegrimner Member Posts: 66 Arc User

Hey everyone! We are definitely still reducing the price of the Legendary Dragon keys as announced. We're hoping to get this in ASAP.

@nitocris83 You mean, now that you suckered those willing to give you guys the benefit of the doubt into buying a few keys and pretty much everyone is deciding they're just not good value for money and represent at best a second rng reroll, NOW you're doing the changes to price that were promised to begin with and which should totally have been made when the key change was put into effect.

Seems legit.

This would be laughable if it wasn't so sad. We're now a week into the key change and while I could say that there is a slight net benefit for middle tier players (those who are still building up their toons and who hover in the 2.5-3k ), my overall status is, not impressed. here are my impressions

- I start with the positive, getting the artifacts you actually want for your build is now within the reach of the aforementioned class of players and that gives them something of a new goal and a realistic possibility of achieving it. Kitting out my tank with Seldarine gear was nigh on impossible before this change.
    - Dungeon runs at tier 1 feel a bit more profitable as a result,which in turn frees time to run other content. Nowhere near profitable enough to free up the time, but enough that I prefer going into Lostmauth rather than the nth visit to cloak tower.
    - That said, the loot from the extra chest is still very lacklustre, and the poor drops are the norm rather than the exception. RNG is still RNG after all, but while I appreciate that regular chests have a chance to drop special loot (don't change that), you won't convince everyone to invest neither time nor money into the special keys.
    - The key change also completely killed all motivation for running the SVA and getting the relic gear. I for one will stick to my twisted guns and hold out hope against all hope that whatever comes with mod 11 is both worthy and fun to obtain. The grind is so bad in mod 10 and 10.5 that I actually am developing stockholm syndrome for the "good old days" of farming motes. What I said about the tier 1 dungeons doesn't apply to SVA due to the absurdly random chance based nature of the refining process, and it gives me very little to look forward to in the end game aside from a repetitiveness designed to disguise a lack of actual content. In other words, this change still shafts the top players.
    - Binding stuff on account is ludricous and takes away the joy of getting something. We won't want very single new piece of curio that drops, but the person next to me might want it. even as a ploy to trick me into buying more companion slots, it fails.
    - The ability of players to obtain their coveted artifacts creates a new void when it comes for new shinies to strive for. New artifact sets are needed to keep our eyes on the prize and keep running your skinner box. The new sets of gear that have been dropping are very much a mixed bag that do not scratch that itch at all.

If these impressions largely resemble the negative feedback we were giving before the change, it's a sign that the fears of the community were largely justified and even the net positives were poorly communicated (how much flak would have been avoided had you guys simply stated "don't worry, we increased the drops for non bound rare items in the regular chests as well and the legendary keys simply souble your chances"? would not solve the woes of those farming relic gear, but it would probably calm those running the remaining dungeons) or implementend in a somewhat haphazard way.
  • trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    mistalow said:

Im opening lockboxes everyday for years and I never got anything good...

If you would, define "good"...

I'm pretty sure over time the value of what you did get (and hopefully sold) has met or exceeded the value of those "good" items. One time before I bought 40 enchanted keys and more than doubled the AD from that purchase...
    diloul31 said:

To be honest, i sell everything i get from enchanted chests because i never had any luck and sometime Cryptic is just puking on us with whats there is inside...

Pretty selling whatever (or using) is a good move to make because at least you get something, when you open whatever comes out you are taking the "double or nothing" route.
    diloul31 said:

On the other side, epics extra chests will give you pure HAMSTER 90% of time.

Hmph, I don't know what you see but trade house prices have dropped by over half on a lot of things so "90%" is quite exaggerated, you can't compare your drops to everyone else's and still say it's "bad", a lot of somebody's are getting something which means something good is going on overall.

what should be implemented so that it isnt totally out of balance is that if you have 100% completed a zone the key cost for those zones should be get 1 free weekly w/ a production time of 10seconds and everyone after that all resources and time is cut in half.

this allows players to strive to 100% complete zones (or buy the zone completion packs which im sure yall dont mind) and also rewards those players who do so.

Again, looming "players will pay for it" does not bode well. On one hand you got players getting something tangible immediately with having to put in less effort to achieve this or that and on the other end you got Cryptic hoping that the vast amount of players that already don't want to spend money on the game will buy 4k Zen campaign completions... that's not remotely an even trade-off. Players already have incentive to "100%" a campaign, boons, vouchers and keys with the latter two also being incentive to return to them.

What is "out of balance" is what players are doing in-game. What I mean by that is the end game zones all have something to gain from them (resources for keys, vouchers, etc.), a player's time is limited so what they actually want to do is as well and a number of players are choosing to do whatever it is they want to do then seemingly complaining that they weren't able to do this or that as well. Players are seemingly flocking to the new zone (Sea of Moving Ice), spending a lot of time there and not seeing the effect on what else they are trying to accomplish (in other words players are spreading themselves thin). The new content isn't going to disappear... Whatever amount(s) of time a player spends doing this or that DIRECTLY effects other tasks. I don't mind it taking 2-3 sessions to complete "everything" (daily/weekly quests, etc.), it takes the pressure off. I used to run multiple zones on a daily basis and even though I could handle it quite there was this pressure to keep it up. Soon as I stopped trying to do it all daily not only did it go away but as weird as it may seem, it allowed me to accomplish even more overall.

ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
    edited January 2017
    There isn't some point when you think : "Ok, 99% of players think there is a problem and i'm the only one saying the exact opposite... "

Are we all brainless to you :* ?
    edited January 2017
    diloul31 said:

There isn't some point when you think : "Ok, 99% of players think there is a problem and i'm the only one saying the exact opposite... "

Count how many different players have posted in this thread and then compare it to the thousands of players that play this game, does 99% even seem remotely accurate? Not at all. A small percentage of players have expressed their concerns here, what that means depends on how someone looks at it. If I'm the only with this type of perspective it still doesn't make me wrong and everyone else right.

In so many words where have I stated that I don't see a problem and or there isn't a problem with the key change? Even if one time I'm pretty sure you can see/have seen the other posts where I have stated what players can do make the change work more in their favor, have I not? Instead of not playing this game I'm suggesting players do things in-game to help alleviate the results of the key change, if they don't want to that is their choice but there ARE things players can do to get around it without spending money, it just takes effort (a little here and there is better than not at all while just complaining).

A number of players don't want to put in any more effort than they currently had been and the results of not doing so is their progressed is slowed plain and simple. With the amount of content the same amount of effort as before isn't going to cut it. The players that have more limited time may want to prioritize/rotate what they do during their play sessions (it's ust a suggestion). Do I want everyone to run multiple characters, no, do I want them to increase their AD potential to help fund the things they want to do, yes.
    Post edited by trinity706#8838 on

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• You guys need to stop feeding the troll.

I think if you got 20 keys for 250 zen all this would go away and you'd still be making bank.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    trinity said it makes no sense to lower the cost/time of making keys because it lowers the incentive to buy keys.. but then goes on to talk about not buying keys wiht cash money but ad converted to zen.. so net for PW is Zero cash. lets get that out of the way. for 99.9 percent of the players they aren't spending real money.

and teh cost of the keys in zen isn't worth what you will get back out of the average key. so it's not really worth it.

people who spend real money are gonna spend if its easier to make the keys or not because they aren't the types to be bothered with any kind of grind.

If they wanted to see a lot of actual cash money they'd need to make it a good deal. 50 keys for five bucks off the zen market in game but in the actual store where you must pay money. I might go for that. I bet a lot of people would. there is some value for your five bucks there. enough dungeons to actually make a difference.

but 5 bucks for ten keys. no way. absolutely no way.

realistically, it will make zero bottom line difference for them if they make it faster to make the keys or not.

this is a dungeons and dragons game. the core of this game is dungeons and dragons. those things should be free to play. not gated. there should be no discussion of oh then they won't make a buck off us. bucks should be gained in other ways that are not strong arming if they want to maintain their player base and the good will of the player base.

edited January 2017

trinity said it makes no sense to lower the cost/time of making keys because it lowers the incentive to buy keys.. but then goes on to talk about not buying keys wiht cash money but ad converted to zen.. so net for PW is Zero cash. lets get that out of the way.

Just to put it out there, that was not my entire statement. Since the keys can be obtained in two different ways them being in the Zen market period will pretty much ALWAYS offer an incentive to obtain them. Btw, to convert AD to Zen somebody has to buy the Zen in the first place (PW getting revenue), players can't just throw AD into the air and Zen come down, no bought Zen, no AD conversion.

Go back and look, a number of people are complaining that the keys are too expensive and aren't worth the cost (money or AD) even though they clearly and simply offer a chance at better loot, not some static value that must be reimbursed every time one is used. As a result of those complaints I offered them solutions on how to get the LDK's without spending money and how to increase their AD gains... If players could bring in 100's of thousands of AD a day this would arguably increase their incentive to get them (people with more tend to spend more).

As someone stated "What about shortening the timers for making campaign keys to 2 hours and removing the gold cost? That seems like a better idea." I replied in so many words that there aren't enough daily quests to even be able to utilize that suggestion for any campaign other than Underdark and it's crafted Greater Demonic Key thus players seemingly want to farm Demonic Encounters to pretty much completely circumvent the incentive to obtain the Zen market LDK's (through money or AD conversion) with MINIMAL effort through farming Demonic Encounters. How hard is to hit a few demons and stand around until the encounter is finished by other players? I'm pretty sure people see it quite often and it's pretty much one of the reasons players tend to skip Demonic Escape overall (they can't hit a few, stand around and be rewarded). Do you or anyone else really feel that this type of game play should be rewarded at an increased rate?

realistically, it will make zero bottom line difference for them if they make it faster to make the keys or not.

Oh really? How it is now do you think there is more or less incentive to obtain LDK's than if players could simply farm demonic encounters and craft Greater Demonic Keys themselves 10x as fast? For players that seemingly don't want to support the game financially and want things the easy way all the way around (skim through the pages and read the posts) a change like that will decrease the chances of them spending even further.

this is a dungeons and dragons game. the core of this game is dungeons and dragons. those things should be free to play. not gated.

Dungeons are F2P, just not free to farm the chests, there's a difference. Players can run as many dungeons as they want but the number of chests they can open depends on the effort they are putting into the game and or the amount of money they are willing to spend.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    they aren't free to play if you don't get the chest at the end. that's the purpose of doing a dungeon. getting the chest at the end.

zen is a made up currency. it's not real. they feed zen into the market. I've seen it happen. people do not have to buy zen for there to be zen.
    furthermore, pw gets nothing once the zen is bought. when we do trades when we convert our ad to zen.. that equals no new revenue for pw. people would have to be buying the zen for the purchase of these keys in order for it to translate over to them making a profit off this. you'd have to be saying. "Oh, that's value. I'd shell out real money for that convenience. " and the appropriate thing to go after that phrase is (said no one ever)

the things that people will shell out real money for are vanity items and things that have value for the player. no one is going to spend cash money for this set of keys. it's a 5 dollar min. so ten keys for five bucks. When odds are still a plus one for the effort?
    no.. people aren't doing it that way. they're farming and converting their ad to zen to buy keys rather than pay for them. (if they decide the keys are the best value for their ad. which for the most part they probably won't.) they'll probably do something else when they run out of keys. that's going to translate into a much smaller dungeon playing pool... which is going to translate into a much smaller player base over all

making it a shorter timer/lessening resources to make keys is a way to keep good will with the player base. if they want money they should offer a 50 pack for five bucks that you cannot buy with zen outside of the ingame store. that has value for the money. and would definitely compete even with people who don't mind farming.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • viciouscosityviciouscosity Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I could probably go on and on at length about things and my suggestions relative to keys and drops, but I will try to be concise. Let me first explain before I seemingly go off on a tangent this all relates to the bound/unbound loot question.

I enjoyed exploring the new zones, facing new enemies, and experiencing a new story, but I don't like the new zones, purely and simply because I don't like spending 15 minutes traveling to and from the places I need to get to to complete the things that take 10 seconds, or spend 15 minutes searching for a thing or a specific type of mob that takes 3 seconds to kill. And I especially hate having to do things I don't enjoy or are mindless over and over and over again for an extended period of time like fishing, I have little patience for it. Don't get me wrong, SoMI Day 1 I was out there with everyone else fishing my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off and seeking out treasures, got tired of it quickly, but did it for a couple weeks for the weapons.

Then I discovered the situation with the marks (and I do kind of feel like it was a GOTCHA! move, considering drop rate and how many marks they need to reach legendary compared to previous arti weapon mark requirements) from SVA and realized I'd have to be doing the same stuff I am growing to hate 6 months from now and got extremely discouraged. I'd much rather engage in the areas of the game that I enjoy, spontaneously engage in raids and dungeons, help friends or guildies out, enagage in events, or do something or see something in game I haven't done in a while. During that time still earning ADs, even if its a long term investment pay off, so I can purchase the things I would have otherwise gotten from content I don't enjoy. I would much prefer to be able to purchase the marks for the weapons off of the AH, and reward another player for their hard work and effort, but alas that is not an option.

I have no problem with SVA, I enjoyed it when I ran it, but like all raids and dungeons, there is only so much of it I can take at once. Because of that it would probably take me a year to get the new weapons without the key change anyways, because it would take me that long to do it a few hundred times which it appears is what it takes. By that time new and better weapons will be out (meaning why even bother to work for these anyways?), hopefully with a lot less grind to get. For that reason alone there is no reason for me to get LDKs for them, and even if no better weapons were ever going to come out, there are cheaper/easier/better 'cost effective vs time spent doing something I don't enjoy ratio typa tasks' that far outvalue LDKs. Maybe, just maybe I might buy a few for the chests you need to do SoMI dailies to open. I guess what it would boil down to is, are the 15 minutes it takes to get them done worth 25k AD to me? The answer to which would be influenced by a number of different factors, probably mostly my mood and willingness to drag myself through those 15 minutes.

I've been playing for a while, and right now there isn't much for me to do. I avoid content I don't enjoy and some of the older content I still enjoy I can do blind, so its not as much fun anymore. I love pvp, I think it is the true endgame content, just... not here in Neverwinter. It needs a lot of love, and I am eagerly looking forward to whats coming in hopefully the near future. I'm kind of a one toon person, so building up a new class beyond 2k doesn't really interest me. So what should I do while waiting for the new mod and sporadically engaging in most recent and older content? I could work on earning more ADs, but I've got several million burning a hole in my wallet (same again if I liquidated assets) yearning to be spent on something. It'd be really nice if I could spend it on those marks for the weapons, or even the armor from FBI for my class. Not much else to spend it on at the moment. Ironically, if I could buy the marks on the AH, it'd actually serve to get me more interested in trying to farm SVA, because it would mean one lucky run could save me a bunch of ADs.

Sorry, I meant this to be shorter, so I will wrap it up. Let me just say lastly that, it was a mistake to make some of the really great drops and items you get from chests that were previously always unbound, now occasionally bind on pickup. I've already got my Orcus shard. The idea that I could run CN and possibly get another one that is bound discourages me from even wanting to set foot in that dungeon. Or worse, the person who both needs an Orcus shard themselves, but also plans to farm for more of them to sell on the AH. Imagine the dilemma when they finally get an unbound one. Knowing my luck I'd hang onto it for a while and try to do some more CN to see if I got another, finally decide to keep it, and then get a bound one on my next run. (and actually that might as well be what happened to me, because I broke down and bought one off the AH and then got a shard to drop on the next run of CN) Honestly, increasing drop rates on chests and then giving a chance for some of them to be bound is a case of taking steps forward and then steps back. The question of how many forward and how many back only you can say because you know the drop chance increase and the chance of that item being bound, and we do not. So for me, because there isn't much I need or want from chests or drops for myself, but rather would sell them, I would probably only run the content that I wanted to and enjoyed, as opposed to doing it with AD profit considerations. And for people who also don't really need anything from a specific drop pool, but are farming dungeons to sell stuff, using their zen to buy LDKs for dungeons would not be as profitable as using the zen in other ways. Not to mention how much less time it would take.

Anyways, I hope this was useful.

PS as an after thought, regarding stuff for me to do in game, anyone have some decent foundry suggestions? Please, nothing that takes more than an hour, hour and a half :)
    Post edited by viciouscosity on
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Sorry, I meant this to be shorter, so I will wrap it up. Let me just say lastly that, it was a mistake to make some of the really great drops and items you get from chests that were previously always unbound, now occasionally bind on pickup. I've already got my Orcus shard. The idea that I could run CN and possibly get another one that is bound discourages me from even wanting to set foot in that dungeon. Or worse, the person who both needs an Orcus shard themselves, but also plans to farm for more of them to sell on the AH. Imagine the dilemma when they finally get an unbound one. Knowing my luck I'd hang onto it for a while and try to do some more CN to see if I got another, finally decide to keep it, and then get a bound one on my next run. (and actually that might as well be what happened to me, because I broke down and bought one off the AH and then got a shard to drop on the next run of CN) Honestly, increasing drop rates on chests and then giving a chance for some of them to be bound is a case of taking steps forward and then steps back. The question of how many forward and how many back only you can say because you know the drop chance increase and the chance of that item being bound, and we do not. So for me, because there isn't much I need or want from chests or drops for myself, but rather would sell them, I would probably only run the content that I wanted to and enjoyed, as opposed to doing it with AD profit considerations. And for people who also don't really need anything from a specific drop pool, but are farming dungeons to sell stuff, using their zen to buy LDKs for dungeons would not be as profitable as using the zen in other ways. Not to mention how much less time it would take.

Anyways, I hope this was useful.

PS as an after thought, regarding stuff for me to do in game, anyone have some decent foundry suggestions? Please, nothing that takes more than an hour, hour and a half :)

Just FYI if you get a bound shard it's a drop that you would not have gotten before the key change and you can get it in any dungeon.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    All theese Cryp fanboys still missing and dodging the point about relic weapons and to get them with this key change.
    Im watching the AH since the change. If some one really wanna tell me you can make easy ADs with this change? Thats BS.

edited January 2017
    @thefiresidecat They are F2P regardless because there's no cost to enter. Just because you and some others may feel that way doesn't mean it is so, that's "your" purpose and not everyone shares it. The chests are RNG so if players opt into it that is their choice. Trade house prices have dropped by over half on a number of items so something must be working...

Pretty much the only ways to even begin to try and decrease the timer on crafted Greater Demonic keys is to have something like a meter (similar to skirmishes) where players "gain" by actively engaging in the Demonic Encounters, if they fall below a certain threshold(s) their Faerzress gains are reduced, this will help prevent afk/minimal effort abuse. Also having players rotate ALL 3 Demonic encounters or their Faerzress gains are reduced as well, this will help prevent players from camping closure/slaughter and pretty much ignoring escape (you see it pretty much all the time in Dread Ring and other zones). Demonic Escape takes just as much time as the others if not less but gets ignored, why, hmmm, because it requires actual effort? Yea that sounds about right. If even half the amount of people that flock the other two
    did escape it wouldn't be a problem.

I'm not opposed to a timer reduction but it should require more than the current minimal effort to be utilized, balanced and not so easily abused.

As it stands players that don't want to put in effort/as much effort for their keys aren't running dungeons/as many and as a result the pool of dungeon runners is arguably more comprised of players who are, what this means is essentially after a "few" runs players that queue in less than a full group will pretty much be grouped with others that are doing what it takes to be able to run multiple dungeons. Am I stating that those players are of higher quality, not necessarily but I am stating that the players that run their crafted keys and log off aren't putting in the same/similar effort as those that don't.

If you have seen "them" feed Zen into the market, can prove it and that other poster eats their hat like they stated they would I will eat mine. :wink:

Seemingly the players who are putting in effort aren't the ones complaining... it's the ones that: have limited play time, quest alone, run dungeons only, don't have an active Guild/Alliance, aren't getting the drops they want, do the minimum, etc., etc. that are making the big fuss...
    spideymt said:

All theese Cryp fanboys still missing and dodging the point about relic weapons and to get them with this key change. Im watching the AH since the change. If some one really wanna tell me you can make easy ADs with this change? Thats BS.

@spideymt What about relic weapons? What are you watching? You can make easy AD's after the key change...

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    spideymt said:

All theese Cryp fanboys still missing and dodging the point about relic weapons and to get them with this key change.
    Im watching the AH since the change. If some one really wanna tell me you can make easy ADs with this change? Thats BS.

You are aware that Cryptic does not want you to "make easy AD" but to grind your a$$ off to have some AD?
    Cryptic certainly would prefer that you give them $$$ for ZZZ that you then can exchange at the ZAX into AD or buy keys directly.

I don't say I like it. It's just the way things seem to me.
    And I expect SVA rewards to be tuned soon. I guess they did not think about that.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited January 2017

You are aware that Cryptic does not want you to "make easy AD" but to grind your a$$ off to have some AD?
    Cryptic certainly would prefer that you give them $$$ for ZZZ that you then can exchange at the ZAX into AD or buy keys directly.

You do know that there are a number of things (that are not Artifacts) that pretty much sell for what they did before the key change right?

I STILL make 100's of thousands of AD on the trade house if not more...

edited January 2017
    Let's move on the topic my friends and leave Trinity to its Fantasy...

He know everything bettter than you all.
    You are just lazy people who dont put "efforts in the game and want everything served on a plate".

The same guy explaining you that if Cryptic do that or that, people will not do that and that and Cryptic will end up without a cent to live and explain you in the same time that you can make loads of AD without zen...

For me and most us, this game went from D&D to G&G. (Greed & Grind).

A bizness model in video games is simple...

You devellop a game during a few years or month, you sell it. Costs are covered and benefits are earned...

During all these years on PC and xbox and ps4, i think they earned way more than enought but it's just never enought for Cryptic.

Can't see why i should provide a regular income to Cryptic during 10 years...

It's an old game now, they obviously made serious profits and maybe it's time to go on...
    Unless they get us back old dunjeons, create real content ( not more stupid fishing and heroics), it will die soon anyway.

He doesnt even admit that the new artifacts restoring farm system is pure <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and endless and artificialy making the game longer covering the lack of content...

The idea is simple, an MMO is suposed to be a long run but whith regular new content to enjoy playing ( new dunjeons, new skirmishs, actual content...)

So people should be able to play during a few weeks then leave game and come back when actual new content that worth it is released instead of farming all day or playing ah.

Fishing and sva until i get these marks arent my conception of an MMO at all.

Anyway, this year will provide very goods game and we'll have plenty of ways to move on !

This is my last input on the subject, debating with Trinity is just a waste of time.
    There is no point trying to convince him, the only opinion i'm interested in is Cryptic's not Trinity Cryptic fanboy. ( no offense).

And the only input from Cryptic was Julia " 300 to 250 z keys" wich should already have been done from the begining but for some reasons it's easier to ask people to buy keys by "fixing" a years old "bug" than to change the price of the keys... Enought said...
    edited January 2017

You do know that there are a number of things (that are not Artifacts) that pretty much sell for what they did before the key change right?

But not from chests. Maybe from lockboxes, not from chests! Highest value shard of orcus. Do you know how much this was worth before the change? And you still try to tell us prices didnt changed at "pretty much stuff"? Thats just .... i dont wanna feed you. sry.

Sure...in the "trade" house ( never heared of that...btw) in ur dreams maybe. I also make good ADs in the auction house, but not from theese "great" new drops from chest.
    But...thats not my point, cuzz ur just dreaming. My point is the pain in the a.. now to get legendary marks from svardborg. I cant find any official comment on that.

edited January 2017
    @diloul31 Again, your words, not mine (and please don't ride the coat tails of other peoples posts, get your own :) )

As long as there is Zen in the AD exchange Cryptic is making revenue. Again, with effort AD can be accumulated and converted to Zen as long as people continue to purchase it and this F2P game will continue on whether you or anyone else likes the key change or not :)

Operating costs (salaries, paying employees, building rent/maintenance, Sony's cut, server costs, etc., etc., etc.) do not go away therefore a business/company still has to find ways to TRY and turn profit/revenue, keyword TRY, nobody has to play this game and nobody has to buy Zen so don't try and make it seem like anything is forced. Don't blame Cryptic because they developed a great F2P game that hooked thousands/millions of players and they can't stay away from it for too long.

The artifact restoring system is great, the "top tier" players got the challenging dungeon content they have been asking for, it grants marks to upgrade the relic weapons that at rank 1 are stronger than rank 45 weapons. How strong do you think those weapons will be at Legendary? Being that, how difficult "should" these weapons be to obtain? You think Cryptic should hand them out? If you or anyone else doesn't want to put in the effort to obtain/upgrade them step aside and fume while the players that want to do.

You think game developers want to spend time and resources creating content that will last a few weeks then begin developing/continue developing even more content? That would be quite inefficient time and cost wise, btw who are you to state "During all these years on PC and xbox and ps4, i think they earned way more than enought but it's just never enought for Cryptic"? LOL. Creating content that lasts well into the next content release is what helps keep F2P games going.

Don't wait for those other games to be released, please leave the game now if you are bothered by what's going on that much, which you aren't because you are here posting and still playing...

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    spideymt said:

My point is the pain in the a.. now to get legendary marks from svardborg. I cant find any official comment on that.

It is still the same PITA as it was before, just that now you can run SVA only once for free (or little work=quests etc.)
    If you want more, Cryptic expects you to pay them for the service of opening the dungeon chest.

I still don't like it, but it was (for them) a good move.
    You won't be BIS within 2 weeks of a new Mod without paying lots and hard cash, but that's what you pay for. That's their business model, if you like it or not.
    And I still expect them to lighten the load on SVA marks in a way.

Post edited by nameexpired on
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User

True, I got unbound stuff worth 2m AD in freaking ETOS (VIP keys) Energons are still selling for 40k each (chest for free) And with salvagable gear you can convert AD for ZEN so you dont even need buying VIP. For me personaly this change is positive so far.
    edited January 2017
    spideymt said:

But not from chests. Maybe from lockboxes, not from chests! Highest value shard of orcus. Do you know how much this was worth before the change? And you still try to tell us prices didnt changed at "pretty much stuff"? Thats just .... i dont wanna feed you. sry.

Did you NOT read and comprehend my statement?

"You do know that there are a number of things (that are not Artifacts) that pretty much sell for what they did before the key change right?"

I didn't state prices didn't change, I stated prices on a number of non artifact items are pretty much the same. If players are still trying to sell those same artifacts that have been dropping more often after the key change they will make LESS. Again, look at the trade house and look at the NON ARTIFACT items that STILL sell for around what sold for before. If players want to base their AD income solely/primarily off of dungeon chests that is their conscious decision and they have every right to limit their own AD gains. Players can't logically squander opportunities then complain at the results.
    spideymt said:

Sure...in the "trade" house ( never heared of that...btw) in ur dreams maybe. I also make good ADs in the auction house, but not from theese "great" new drops from chest.
    But...thats not my point, cuzz ur just dreaming. My point is the pain in the a.. now to get legendary marks from svardborg. I cant find any official comment on that.

Utilizing the trade house is part of my point...

Do whatever it is you want to get AD, convert, get LDK's and farm the dungeons, that is pretty much my best solution for you and anyone else, if you don't and don't want to do it about once per session then what? You won't play?...

The key change shook up the "I can fund everything through dungeons" mindset a lot of players had/have. Dungeons are not as lucrative as they were before, I suggest players adjust their strategy for progression...

• fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    fogcrow said:

they might not make it faster to create keys for free, but easier?...for some of them I don´t see much room for easier: an FBI key costs 10 ten town supplies, and 2k Voninblod. In my last few FBI runs, I got 10 ten town supplies, and ostorian relics worth between 650 and 1100 Voninblod per chest. So with a little luck it covers the cost of the next days key completely.
    The lesser demonic key is similar, cost: 150 fearzess. In f.e. Throne of the Dwarven Gods a gold result nets 100 fearzess, and the chest contains another 50.

Ok, granted, they cost gold...

I hereby apologise for having posted incorrect information: I believed the campaign tasks for creating ancient runic keys(FBI) and Demonic keys(lesser and greater) would require gold, but they do not.

Also, yesterday on Fangbreaker Island, I noticed for the first time that when Drufi bit the dust, I got 300 Voninblod aside from elemental and protector seals. Need to pay attention in the future to find out if that number is static. Anyway: the rewards from FBI are even more likely to fully cover the costs of the next key then I thought^^.

Another thing that might be worth noting: I did get an unbound shard of orcus wand on Fangbreaker Island a day or two after the key change, and assume they can drop anywhere now, even unbound.

Do whatever it is you want to get AD, convert, get LDK's and farm the dungeons, that is pretty much my best solution for you and anyone else, if you don't and don't want to do it about once per session then what? You won't play?...

Farm the dungeons?? Only possible if you got vip. I dont know why it has to be a must have to be a vip in an freaking f2p game! What kinda loot do you get from boss 1 or 2 in the most dungeons? Salvage crapp. And for the chest you need keys. So you run highend dungoens like FBI ( "best" dropp till now was a lostmauth necklage...woohoooo...yes i farm SVA for lost set items...makes sense), open the chests and get ( if your lucky) 1 enchant rank 8. Great! Wot else did i get? Lemme think: Red slaad ( no one will buy this. I observer the Ah every day on that), some crappy green! mounts ( some are for 80k in AH, but no one buys them).
    All you say makes only sense if you got enough keys from vip. Droprate for relic armor in fbi still pita. Droprates from legendary rings ( and OFC charbound and not acc bound anymore...!!!) was increased? Like wot? From 0,0002% to 0,0003%? Wow.
    Svardborg legendary marks droprate?
    This has nothing to do with " i want become easy a bis player". Make your math and youll see its nearly impossible without buying legendary keys to get theese marks. Thats not my understanding for a f2p game. I dont have any problem to farm dungeons. But with this droprate at ( for example) svardborg legandary marks? No way.
    I stopped running edemo before the change after my 782th run ( i counted them. All gold). NO legendary and 1 time i got my mainhand. Thats all. After they change i made 25 edemo ( all gold). Do you think droprates on legendary are btter now? 0 legendary, but thx to cryptic i got a winter sled. Yippiiee ...and char bound winter sleed. My dream came true.
    For your last question: If they dont change svardborg marks and if they dont take a good look at the drops ( BTW: does any one got a list of thees "great" loots after the change? Should be easy for cryptic to show us this, shouldt it? ´So they can proofe how "good" this change was..), yes, i wont play anymore. This new system is a slap in the face for every new player. But you dont get it and you never will. So with the words of the wise diloul31:
    "Let's move on the topic my friends and leave Trinity to its Fantasy..."

spideymt said:

Farm the dungeons?? Only possible if you got vip. I dont know why it has to be a must have to be a vip in an freaking f2p game!

False. I ran Lostmauth less than 20 times and got the horn drop from the boss...
    If you have a good group some dungeons can be ran in about 10-15 minutes, even without any type of key that is about 3 different chances at Boss loot each run.
    spideymt said:

All you say makes only sense if you got enough keys from vip. Droprate for relic armor in fbi still pita. Droprates from legendary rings ( and OFC charbound and not acc bound anymore...!!!) was increased? Like wot? From 0,0002% to 0,0003%? Wow. Svardborg legendary marks droprate?

You are referring to some of the top tier items of the game right? Right (their drop rates would/should be low anyway).
    spideymt said:

Make your math and youll see its nearly impossible without buying legendary keys to get theese marks. Thats not my understanding for a f2p game. I dont have any problem to farm dungeons. But with this droprate at ( for example) svardborg legandary marks?

When you state "buy", you mean LDK's gotten with money or converted AD? Players that make the game work for them aren't the ones complaining about keys for the most part.

Again, players that want to make AD "solely" from dungeon runs are essentially shooting themselves in the foot and complaining about it. It's kind of like having a bowl of cereal in front of you with a spoon on one side that weighs 3 lbs (the spoon being things outside of running dungeons), a fork on the other side that weighs 1 lb (running dungeons) and choosing the fork because it's "easier" to lift when it would make more sense to put in the extra effort to lift the heavier spoon (I could go about over time the heavier spoon would be just as east to lift with building muscle, etc. but hopefully the example is understood).

It's a fantasy to log on or get the mail notification and see 100's of thousands of AD in trade house sales? LoL

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    spideymt said:

I mean I've been regularly making about 500k AD a day just from drops but never mind that.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    You don't need keys for the main chest in Malabog's Castle or Shore's of Tuern; additionally you don't need keys for Master of the Hunt or Dread Legion. Not a perfect answer (or even a great one), but you can run those for loot without VIP or campaign keys.

I tested the viability by running all four multiple times and only taking the free chest; reward drops rate is obviously reduced compared to using keys, but I have still acquired some significant loot (Heart of Red Dragon for example) and all the salvage is pure profit since the chests are free (sands the time required to complete the raid).

Again, not the answer we want or need, but it is something.
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    urabask said:

I mean I've been regularly making about 500k AD a day just from drops but never mind that.

Ah...here are the 500k again. The 500k like this one?
    urabask said:

But say Heart of the Blue Dragon will hold steady at 500k AD.

I guess every thing you get is worth 500k, even if the AH tells a different story. 500k per day from drops? Plz. Dont go any further with this obvious .......
    And trinity?
    Do you really think the droprate is increased cuzz you got lost horn in eLoL after 20 runs? Srly? Dont need to answer. Its senseless to talk to you, i guess. You saif "False" and forgot that i stated "wot kinda loot at b 1 and b2?". Ofc there is loot mostly at endboss. But its not garantued. So we have to open chests. And if you need 3 different types of legendary marks in svardborg, wth cares about a lost horn?