Comments

• cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2017

You think this is bad?

For all of you bis Shiney people enjoy this link. image

:3 i want to be shiney
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2017

How about they just allow people who ground out mod 10.5 weapons, to exchange them for the new ones if they so choose? Will that work for most people?

Also, they STILL should reduce the amount of grind needed for them..

bajeebus hamster master us all..

Mod 10 , was the lowest point of this game, in terms of game play (outside of fbi, fun, though totally non rewarding content)

Anything that goes away from that, is a plus to me.

I dont think new mod will even go far enough.. im sure it wont in fact.

i don't think that would be enough. the cost is so much higher for the relic than the new weapon. even if it were a free exchange the people who ground it out without a clue still got hamstered. they need to give the relic weapon a bonus that is better than the new weapons.

The bold part interests me. From what I see in game and here the majority of the people who now have and use Relic weapons are veteran pvp players. Those guys do have a clue and they should, they have been bis throughout the game. They can not be anything less because they need to be competitive in pvp. Working for Relic weapons was their choice and nobody forced them. Not to mention by the time most of them had reached epic level on relic weapons the so called chest key bug was still present in the game.

If those guys are rewarded for having no clue as you put it Id like to be rewarded for having a clue and not jumping whit all I have into the pursuit of Relic weapons(because I knew that either the grind would be reduced or new weapons sets will be released). How about that?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017

How about they just allow people who ground out mod 10.5 weapons, to exchange them for the new ones if they so choose? Will that work for most people?

Mod 10 , was the lowest point of this game, in terms of game play (outside of fbi, fun, though totally non rewarding content)

i don't think that would be enough. the cost is so much higher for the relic than the new weapon. even if it were a free exchange the people who ground it out without a clue still got hamstered. they need to give the relic weapon a bonus that is better than the new weapons.

The bold part interests me. From what I see in game and here the majority of the people who now have and use Relic weapons are veteran pvp players. Those guys do have a clue and they should, they have been bis throughout the game. They can not be anything less because they need to be competitive in pvp. Working for Relic weapons was their choice and nobody forced them. Not to mention by the time most of them had reached epic level on relic weapons the so called chest key bug was still present in the game.

If those guys are rewarded for having no clue as you put it Id like to be rewarded for having a clue and not jumping whit all I have into the pursuit of Relic weapons(because I knew that either the grind would be reduced or new weapons sets will be released). How about that?
    Yeah this is a load of HAMSTER. The vast majority of the people that have it are PvE players. People need to get it through their heads that PvP players are a small minority of the player population.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    urabask said:

Yeah this is a load of HAMSTER. The vast majority of the people that have it are PvE players. People need to get it through their heads that PvP players are a small minority of the player population.
    In Neverwinter and in any other mmo, clueless people are not people with best in slot characters. That much should be clear. I refuse to accept the notion that the people who acquired the relic weapons were sharing some sort of mass hallucination. Only one of my characters is anywhere near bis and I've never really made it my goal to have the best stuff yet even someone like me, who is not into competitive pve or pvp knew what to expect. The devs stated Relic weapons will remain at the top for some time but will not be alone up there. More to the issue, relic weapons were released with the "chest key bug" still in effect thus the good folks who acquired them were in fact exploiting that bug to achieve bis status as far as weapons are concerned. What is your argument here?
    edited January 2017

urabask said:

In Neverwinter and in any other mmo, clueless people are not people with best in slot characters. That much should be clear. I refuse to accept the notion that the people who acquired the relic weapons were sharing some sort of mass hallucination. Only one of my characters is anywhere near bis and I've never really made it my goal to have the best stuff yet even someone like me, who is not into competitive pve or pvp knew what to expect. The devs stated Relic weapons will remain at the top for some time but will not be alone up there. More to the issue, relic weapons were released with the "chest key bug" still in effect thus the good folks who acquired them were in fact exploiting that bug to achieve bis status as far as weapons are concerned. What is your argument here?
    No not really. They've since elaborated on that statement and said that they intend for relic weapons to be the optimal choice.

This doesn't even have anything to do with being able to decline chests since even at epic the relic weapons should be better than their ascendant counterparts at epic and getting to that point would just mean using 15 keys (actually more like 5 since you should have 10+ reputation points by the time you unlock SVA) to get epic and rare marks.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Going to be honest, I came back to NWO after playing a tiny bit at launch a couple months ago. I made it up to 3.1 ilvl, and just a bit before this mod was announced had made it close to the 4th campaign boon in STK, have purple fishing rod and kayak, and had almost everything needed to restore my relic weapons to green. But even though this hadn't been announced yet, I stopped. Way better things to do with my time. Now, I don't really care what they do with these weapons relative to the relic weapons. If they're an upgrade for me, I'll get them. But. If I reach moderately close to BiS in everything else and still feel like I'm going to end up required to go back to SoMI, well, I'll be moving on entirely.
  • turzanturzan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Unboud Legendary Marks from eSVA !! let us trade to get missing stuff.. After keys changes i run Svardborg 17 times and havnt seen even single legendary mark -,-. ANd i miss only one to make my main legendary.. ANd now after so hard and long grind they bring this... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Godfinder
  • hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    Didn't console players just got SKT 10.5? nice timing to release these changes lmao. They either totally messed this up, or did it on purpose to help prevent console players from giving up because of their new grind fest....
  • viciouscosityviciouscosity Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Hmm, this is something of a quandry. On the one hand, the amount of grind for the relic weapons should never ever again be repeated, not even close, bury it in an unmarked grave typa style. On the other, it is a total burn to all of the people who put in all that effort. Even with the ability to peek at chests, it still meant doing SVA a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of times. I only ran it a few times, and upon realizing the amount of work it would require stopped, so I can't really speak to whether or not the other rewards from doing SVA can be considered worth it or not as I only got garbage in my runs. My assumption is that most people didn't get anything worthwhile from it besides the marks, so you can't even justify that all those runs paid off in other ways. The people who ground it out kind of should have known better, but the devs are definitely at fault here too. As such, I do think the people who fell for it are entitled to some sort of compensation. Its only a half-baked suggestion, but maybe making the relic weapons unlocked account wide at whatever quality the person got it to sounds to me like it would be a worthy way of saying "sorry we screwed up". Of course, for people who only use one toon that isn't anything, so perhaps the vendor in PE who exchanges pieces of the lostmauth set for other set pieces could also exchange relic weapons for a choice of one of the new ones. There are a lot of new sets coming out, and I don't know how you get one set as opposed to another, or if it is just random, so the ability to choose could actually be quite awesome. I dunno, like I said, I didn't put in the time, so I don't know what would make me feel better if I had.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    urabask said:

You know usually I'd be fine with stuff like this but I spent months grinding for my relic weapons and the marks to upgrade them.
    Then a guildmate (Peach) is able to restore the new weapons and upgrade them to legendary in less than a week. Just for reference Relic weapons cost around 3.5 million AD worth of mats to restore, had a month long set of dailies to grind (not including the initial 2 months of SKT dailies/weeklies), and then you had to spend more time grinding dailies, HEs, and fishing. Then you grind SVA hundreds of times.

I don't know what Cryptic's excuse will be but a lot of us put a lot of time and resources into obtaining the relic weapons will feel royally HAMSTER over by this.

I would agree with this, but those of us in the middle of farming for orange marks were screwed by the key changes. We also spent millions on dragon moults, etc., and had ground through half the orange marks required.
    dupeks said:

"One of the strongest options for some time" read literally is borderline meaningless. In the context of the discussion, where folks were effectively asking whether it'd be worth the grind for the new weapons, the reply conveyed the sentiment "don't worry, it'll be worth your time for some time". Turns out that will likely won't be the case.

I don't get your meaning. If the new weapons are similar but equal, the relic weapons are stil "one of the strongest options for some time." I don't know who could have missed this. There have been multiple weapons since Mod 8, and Stronghold/Twisted/Drowned were the strongest for some time.

They didn't say it would be THE STRONGEST FOR SOME TIME. I read it right the first time.

I keep seeing statements about chest-key bug. How is that acceptable. There has always been an accept/decline on chests--until now. There was no bug.

If you're not on PC and never had accept/decline, you're playing a similar but different game.
    edited January 2017

urabask said:

You know usually I'd be fine with stuff like this but I spent months grinding for my relic weapons and the marks to upgrade them.
    Then a guildmate (Peach) is able to restore the new weapons and upgrade them to legendary in less than a week. Just for reference Relic weapons cost around 3.5 million AD worth of mats to restore, had a month long set of dailies to grind (not including the initial 2 months of SKT dailies/weeklies), and then you had to spend more time grinding dailies, HEs, and fishing. Then you grind SVA hundreds of times.

I don't know what Cryptic's excuse will be but a lot of us put a lot of time and resources into obtaining the relic weapons will feel royally HAMSTER over by this.

I would agree with this, but those of us in the middle of farming for orange marks were screwed by the key changes. We also spent millions on dragon moults, etc., and had ground through half the orange marks required.
    And? We all knew the key changes were coming. That's why we rushed it. The night they pushed the patch notes on the forums my guild had SVA runs until 4 am est. You can act as if it matters that the key changes happened in the middle of you farming relic weapons but the relative power of the new sets is the same at epic and it takes the same amount of keys to get your rare/epic marks.

I8r4ux9.jpg
    So they are continuing to have special marks for upgrading weapons. I'm not sure what the whining is about.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    urabask said:

urabask said:

And? We all knew the key changes were coming. That's why we rushed it. The night they pushed the patch notes on the forums my guild had SVA runs until 4 am est. You can act as if it matters that the key changes happened in the middle of you farming relic weapons but the relative power of the new sets is the same at epic and it takes the same amount of keys to get your rare/epic marks.

What about the majority of the players, that never even had a chance to decline HAMSTER from the Svardborg chests?

Why should we have to waste Zen on those keys, when PC player didn't have to?

All the whiners can still get the new weapons, they just kick, scream and throw tantrums to make sure they have an advantage over those that doesn't have the Svardborg relic weapons already...
    edited January 2017

urabask said:

urabask said:

What about the majority of the players, that never even had a chance to decline HAMSTER from the Svardborg chests?

Why should we have to waste Zen on those keys, when PC player didn't have to?

All the whiners can still get the new weapons, they just kick, scream and throw tantrums to make sure they have an advantage over those that doesn't have the Svardborg relic weapons already...
    It's not as if they can't change the chests in SVA. If it goes back to requiring 200+ runs like it did before the chest changes you'll just change your tune and complain about how no one is running SVA anymore. This was inevitable because there are a limited number of people that were going to complete the content in mod 10/10.5. That doesn't really justify giving weapons just as good to the rest of the playerbase for significantly less effort.

So they are continuing to have special marks for upgrading weapons. I'm not sure what the whining is about.

Where did they say this?
    I8r4ux9.jpg

Ya, that is all this whole thing is about, having an advantage. One that was gained in a short time, with minimal AD. The obvious answer is do not grind the relic weapons. Wait until mod 11 and get the weapons they campaigned to get nerfed and harder to get than relic ones.

Look you can keep spreading this nonsense about minimal AD but I know a lot of players that spent around 2-3 million AD on mats, 1 million AD on keys and 150+ hours of grind to get their weapons. It's not about having an advantage, it's because you want to let Cryptic set a precedent where they can invalidate 3+ months of grind in one mod.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    urabask said:

Ya, that is all this whole thing is about, having an advantage. One that was gained in a short time, with minimal AD. The obvious answer is do not grind the relic weapons. Wait until mod 11 and get the weapons they campaigned to get nerfed and harder to get than relic ones.

Look you can keep spreading this nonsense about minimal AD but I know a lot of players that spent around 2-3 million AD on mats, 1 million AD on keys and 150+ hours of grind to get their weapons. It's not about having an advantage, it's because you want to let Cryptic set a precedent where they can invalidate 3+ months of grind in one mod.
    Is 3-4 million AD really considered a lot for BiS weapons on PC?
    edited January 2017

urabask said:

Is 3-4 million AD really considered a lot for BiS weapons on PC?
    Considering pretty much every other artifact weapon set (including the upcoming one) was free, sure.

That has almost always been the case. From GWF standpoint- Avatar of War, Ancient Castle, Fallen Dragon/Dread Legion, Black Ice, Draconic, Golden dragon, Elemental, Twisted/SH.... You are complaining about something that is part of the game.

The grind for weapons since elemental fire was basically non-existent and you know it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited January 2017

The relic weapons were not a grind until the key change. To say it was is a lie. I had the set the first day I could have it. I had epics in 12 runs. All of the mats can be fished or easily bought with sold mats. The issue was having the item level to get an invite. Those who had high IL, Zen keys from the holiday sales and were in large guilds before the change had it easy.

OK, I'm sure you're speaking for all the 3.2k players that finished it while running thousands of HEs and hundreds SVA runs. Or the players that couldn't afford to buy all their mats. But they're all just lucky HAMSTERS because they managed to run SVA before the key change.

I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

Where did they say this?
    That is what I thought YOU wrote. If you were instead saying it takes the same number of keys to open the chests as before, then you know better. In another thread you said anyone pursuing them after the key change was "horribly bad at math."

I understand you like the idea of pulling up the ladder behind you, but many of us think otherwise.

edited January 2017

urabask said:

Where did they say this?
    That is what I thought YOU wrote. If you were instead saying it takes the same number of keys to open the chests as before, then you know better. In another thread you said anyone pursuing them after the key change was "horribly bad at math."

I understand you like the idea of pulling up the ladder behind you, but many of us think otherwise.

I said nothing remotely close to any of the things you're implying.

And it remains true that anyone running SVA now is bad at math. You should be waiting to see if they plan to change SVA before burning keys on chests. If they don't plan on changing it then you should just switch to the ascendant set because nothing can make a weapon set worth 600 keys.

I've also never implied anything about pulling the ladder behind me. That's just what's naturally going to happen because you need two tanks and two DCs to run SVA. At some point there won't be enough players with support class toons to keep runs going. In particular if Fey ends up on live as is you'll see a drastic decrease in the number of support toons running SVA unless you can find someone with an alt they're putting relic weapons on.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    From my point of view, it is good that Mod 11 introduces new strong weapons for players that couldn't grind the relic ones, or upgrade them to legendary. It's been a while now since the twisted set, and the difference between relic and twisted is too much to let another mod without a new set availabe for all.

BUT in my opinion it shouldn't be as strong as the relic one. Simply because it's not time-gated, easy to get and free to upgrade. You don't need to grind 200 SVA (about 600 now with key changes ?), you don't need rng to get legendary weapons. It should be between twisted set and relic set, because it's way, way easier to get.
    It is normal that the hardest stuff to have (relic gear and weapons) at a maximum rank (legendary and vivified) is the best, and it should remain the best in slot for MORE than half a mod. The idea to make new BiS weapons easier and cheap to have only half a module after introducing the hardest grind ever seen in Neverwinter is just wrong, at every possible level.
    FBI is the only T3 dungeon at the moment, SVA is the only trial that still can fail with very good players (without exploits) because of the mechanics, so the stuff coming from these instances should be Best in slot for a moment. How do you expect players to run mod 10/10.5 content if you give them new stuff that doesn't even require to go on one of those zones ?

Making these new sets between twisted and relic set in my opinion is the best option. Players that skip mod 10/10.5 content (the hardest in the game atm), should have the possibility to get better weapons that the twisted they have, but not as good as the relic set, simply because they don't deserve it from a grind point of view.
    I repeat myself, it is normal that all players have access to a new set of good weapons, but it is wrong, in every level to make those sets as strong as the relic one because it's not gated behind time and rng. The logic is pretty simple : the harder to get, the better the stuff. Making the obscene alt-unfriendly grind of relic weapons obsolete only some weeks after players get them to legendary rank is one of the biggest mistakes i've seen. (with wards out of T. store and Gateway shutdown)
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Good that they use the old marks. I don't want to run SVA more with the current key system. It feels like the devs forgot to adjust SVA's loot tables because the chance of legendary marks is much smaller, although you need an even number of both rare/epic marks and legendary to restore your weapon set.

Using old marks is good for alts and people who had problems finding a group or meeting the requirements. It's much better this way, even if SVA looks like a deliberate AD sink in retrospect.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    I personally will stop at epic until I actually see the new weapons on live.
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I'm seeing a lot of debate on whether this is a problem or not - so to restate I'm going to go with "this is a problem" because
    1. It sucks when you spend a lot of time working on something and then its place in the game changes a lot within a very short period of time (half a mod).
    2. It sucks when content in the game becomes irrelevant / unused.

To address this
    1. Relic weapons should still be competitive with new weapons and better for some/many.
    2. Acquiring relic weapons can't be a lot harder than going after the new weapons.

Doesn't seem an impossible one to crack for me. A really good first step is the incease in VB drops that has already been announced.
    I still prefer the idea of increasing the legendary mark drop rates to making them unbound. Sure, unbinding them would create a market for farming the location but I think making gameplay more rewarding a preferrable alternative to buying your way out. Similarly you should increase the drop rates for lanolin etc. That will make certain the SKT sites remain a fun and relevant part of the content. I also think this is a more sustainable long term solution as the game needs to move on from SKT and this would help SKT content be a springboard rather than a dampener.
    As someone who multi-mains (4 toons above 3.1k) generally and gave that up during SKT this would also be a development towards making the game a bit more alt friendly again. Giving people the chance to play multiple toons in the new content is definitely a draw to keep playing them.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Glad that there are some new weapons, however, me and a lot of the crusaders spent a hell of a lot of money, time and neurones grinding in somi and sva... acting on the statement that these weapons would be the best available for the foreseeable. People can quibble about the wording but the implication was clear and intentional.

So, the new weapons should be better than twisted, but still fall short of the mod10.5 set. Plus ofc. if they are equal, the mod10 content will utterly go to waste. Which is also wasting the effort the developers put into making it.
    No idea what my toon is now.