test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After 60+ Demos and Edemos...

krazydog#1509 krazydog Member Posts: 591 Arc User
So where are the increased rewards. I'm out of keys on my Paladin. I burned through most on my Hunter and nothing better than 1 +4 brutality. No cool junk, nothing. I'm glad they changed the drop rate...rolls eyes...

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited January 2017

So where are the increased rewards. I'm out of keys on my Paladin. I burned through most on my Hunter and nothing better than 1 +4 brutality. No cool junk, nothing. I'm glad they changed the drop rate...rolls eyes...

Ah... the beauty of math...

0.000001% *2 gets turned into a 0.000002% change for a drop. Hey, it is an increase to drops!

Sarcasm aside, the drops have been hit or miss for many of the people I know of.

I picked up an orange Dod and an orange Hellig rings out of Esvard. One of my guildmates got an Orcus Shard out of Esvard. I also recall Sume got a symbol of Fire out of VT and Peach got a Xuna comp out of CN.

Meanwhile, our guild leader has farmed about 40+ CNs, but no Orcus shard. A HR guildie was looking for his Raid Armor out of FBI, but has gotten nothing out of 50+ FBI runs (humorously enough, I actually picked up the piece he was looking for, albiet for a GF. And I didn't even need the armor).

I have a sneaking suspicion that the drop rates were ridiculously high on day 1/2 of the change, and then the devs ninja nerf'd the droprates afterwards. However, I have no conclusive proof or evidence, so packets of salt are needed.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I've been picking up some of the new oddities, but find them merely salvageable. I did get a WinterWolf companion--it has no active bonus! Worthless.

Since my major goal at the time of the key change was ESVA orange marks, I'm not amused.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the drop rates were ridiculously high on day 1/2 of the change, and then the devs ninja nerf'd the droprates afterwards. However, I have no conclusive proof or evidence, so packets of salt are needed.

So true ... as usually in NWO the drop rate dwindle with the progression of time.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I would say the drop rates are about 1 item in every 30-40 runs give or take.

That seems to be the drop rate for me.

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    From what I see within my guild on Xbox, people are getting better and more frequent drops this week. Some are having more luck than others for sure but overall things that were near impossible to get are showing up now and from places you might not expect. Before the change I had only 3 people in the guild of about 120 actives that had a received a shard of orcus, and two of them were me. Already this week I have heard of 6 new shard of orcus appearing for guildies, that is a big difference.

I would suggest you try to run some dungeons or skirmishes that you maybe have not run in a while, maybe your luck will change.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

The new drops were added. But if anything, drop rates for +4s and +5s are lower than before the change. I am getting many more +1s and +2s.

Here are the rings I am after...

Ring of Rising Focus +4 or higher for my DC - PoM
    Ring of Rising Power +4 or higher for my CW - Demo or eDemo
    Ring of Rising Defense +4 or higher for my GF - Demo or eDemo

I have never seen a Ring of Rising Focus +4 or higher. I run PoM 2x a day, sometimes more.

Ring of Rising Defense or Ring of Rising Power - I try to run Demo or eDemo 2-3x a week. I have never seen either one of these rings. I always end up with rings that are more for PVP than PVE.

I did however get the 2 of the new armor piece from PoM recently. Love the HP boost but there are no other stats for that shirt and that is why one of them became an item I used to change a style for my CW gear.
  • lordrandall#5829 lordrandall Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    RNG is wonderful/awful. I managed to snag a Rising Power & Rising Defense +4 from Demo since the update. Still on the hunt for a Sudden Precision from CN.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I have 4 rings +4 and one +5 on less than 20 runs. I only did the ones to get the twisted ichor for the twisted orb
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The drop rate has been increased, thats for sure. Question is - for what items. Items with increased drop rates are the new dungeon/skirmish/trial-unique items and the crappy legendary rings. I dont know if its just me or others are having the same bad luck but from 15 legendary rings i have, the best one is Rising Focus and its the only one usefull for me as TR, other 14 rings are completely useless (Reflex sight, Ambush, Impenetrabitlity, Sudden defense/deflect, Blod, Skold).
    Bloodlord Visage drops in CN more often than a purple ring lol.
    I am back to running Ndemo almost every hour, without opening chest and all i get is blue rings and i see others get some of the useless rings i mentioned. I did 50+ POM runs, 90% of them i had a key and all i got was Reflex Sight +5 and that pom-unique armor once.
    Esva/Nsva drop rates are just ridiculous, i already wrote about them in another thread.
    The only bright side since the change was an unbound Magus companion, aside from that nothing usefull.
    Post edited by blur#5900 on

My gut feeling tells me they were "adjusted" after we swallowed the bait and got the hook sitting firmly in our jaws.
    Esva Leg. Marks need to be changed. This current system was built relying on peeking.

• krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    blur#5900 said:

Bloodlord Visage drops in CN more often than a purple ring lol.

Heh 25 cn runs.. 50 chests opened. Not a single visage drop =) 2 useless bound companions, 1 bound dragon heart artifact, 6x r8s, sudden deflect + 5 ring i already had, 3x random + 4 rings. Might look nice but in reality bound loot like companions/artifacts you wont ever use is even worse than + 1 ring. Rings at least can be salvaged. Minimal loot should to be at least = key price, otherwise this reward is more like a punishment. Also pretty sure devs blog mentioned keys amongs the possible drop. Any1 ever seen a key as loot? 0_o

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2017

My gut feeling tells me they were "adjusted" after we swallowed the bait and got the hook sitting firmly in our jaws.
    Esva Leg. Marks need to be changed. This current system was built relying on peeking.

Never had the hook in my mouth, key change was act of the gods, not a choice thing. I fully expected a nerf to any "improved" drop rates--though would be surprised if it was this soon. Difference between a con and an outright lie.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    After running POM to chase the psion chest (for what reason I do not know) the +5 crit ring dropped, which was why I stopped running POM to begin with after the chase for that ring. Go figure. All I can say is that I have seen better drops since the change. Just wish more legendary marks would drop for me in Msva, as basically those and another +5 ring from there are all that I am chasing at the moment.
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2017

... I have a sneaking suspicion that the drop rates were ridiculously high on day 1/2 of the change, and then the devs ninja nerf'd the droprates afterwards. However, I have no conclusive proof or evidence, so packets of salt are needed.

MANY people I know have been having this conversation, myself included. In the last week I ran 4 lvl 70 toons through about 100 E/NDemos to use up keys in my now 1000+ E/NDemo quest for a +5 Brutality. The drops are... Yes something noticeable has happened. The lucky ones in the first few days made millions and millions of AD or at least got the stuff they were hunting for.
    Over 200 ETOS runs, No spinnerette. About 80 ToDG runs, No Plate. A buddy got a BtA Cambion from MotH, well I've run about 100 of those in a couple days. Nada. lot's of redskull hats and bound (read: useless) barkshield shards though! :|

- behold, halflings.
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I've been running MSvA dreaming of being in a group of like minded players who understand game mechanics to get a damned banner after 400 runs. Yes the Legendary Marks drop rate is pathetic. I have 40 blue marks to 1 leg mark of one type. And it seems certain Leg Marks are more rare than others.. Sure glad I finished my weapons very early into the mod. This is from doing Msva almost exclusively for the banner but I opened chests looking for new goodies.
    - behold, halflings.

The new drops were added. But if anything, drop rates for +4s and +5s are lower than before the change. I am getting many more +1s and +2s.

Here are the rings I am after...

Ring of Rising Focus +4 or higher for my DC - PoM
    Ring of Rising Power +4 or higher for my CW - Demo or eDemo
    Ring of Rising Defense +4 or higher for my GF - Demo or eDemo

I have never seen a Ring of Rising Focus +4 or higher. I run PoM 2x a day, sometimes more.

Ring of Rising Defense or Ring of Rising Power - I try to run Demo or eDemo 2-3x a week. I have never seen either one of these rings. I always end up with rings that are more for PVP than PVE.

I did however get the 2 of the new armor piece from PoM recently. Love the HP boost but there are no other stats for that shirt and that is why one of them became an item I used to change a style for my CW gear.
    I got my +4 Ring of Rising Focus this morning...my DC all I have left for him now is grind out for refinement stones and AD to get my IL up now.

I still need the two rings from Demo or eDemo...

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    After tons of eDemo, nDemo, Dwarf god thrones, Prophecy of madness run, no +4 rings. 98% of my received rings where +2 stealth rings, which for SW useless.
    While yesterday first time, obtained ring of rising power +5. After first run.. So more less luck is total HAMSTER, One moment she love you, next moment she hate you. And that hatred can last for years :P
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Ironically, I have all the +5 rings.... except the only 2 I actually want, brutality and rising precision. Rngesus is unkind.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

0.000001% *2 gets turned into a 0.000002% change for a drop. Hey, it is an increase to drops!

Sarcasm aside, the drops have been hit or miss for many of the people I know of.

I picked up an orange Dod and an orange Hellig rings out of Esvard. One of my guildmates got an Orcus Shard out of Esvard. I also recall Sume got a symbol of Fire out of VT and Peach got a Xuna comp out of CN.

Meanwhile, our guild leader has farmed about 40+ CNs, but no Orcus shard. A HR guildie was looking for his Raid Armor out of FBI, but has gotten nothing out of 50+ FBI runs (humorously enough, I actually picked up the piece he was looking for, albiet for a GF. And I didn't even need the armor).

That's what I said on the first days. 0.1% drop increased to 0.3% drop. I ran around 50 edemos/ndemos since the key change and haven't seen the ring I want, but I got a Rising Power +5 (but I already have one, I don't need another hehehe).
    Last week I got 2 Greater Ostorian Rings of Krig on FBI in 3 runs after running like 90 FBIs in total without any orange ring at all.

Aside from the fact that a 20 hours waiting for a key and the fact that a chest should not be locked, I usually get decent rewards from the chests. Got some blue mounts, got even a purple manticore mount and sold it for 900k, got a gelatinous cube that I was looking for since I started playing. I got some hearts of the dragons too but I haven't seen any extraordinary companion from my drops.

Now, to the other people talking about the new ilvl 150 gear, I got like 4 bloodlord visages, got a picaroon helmet and used as a transmute on my helmet (ironically bloodlord visage), got 2 Jarl's Gaze, 2 Survivor's Wraps. I believe I got almost all of the new items.

But you know the funny thing about RNG (it's present in any MMORPG)? If you are looking for an item, you can run the dungeon 91238901283991023 times, you won't get it. Like blur said he was farming bloodlord visage and didn't get it. Like rjc9000 said his friend farmed CN for a shard of orcus and didn't get it. Like an ex-allied-member told me after I linked the picaroon hat for him he said he ran like 20 ECCs and didn't see the hat, I ran it only once since the implementation of this picaroon item and got it in a single run. I've seen some people farming edemo for Survivor Wraps as well, still no luck, and I got 2 lol.

Why that? Because RNG is a HAMSTER, if you want something you have to work hard for it, you have to grind. But if you don't want it, you will get tons of the item.

I stopped being a farmer long time ago because of that. The way I play now is "I need a greater ostorian ring of dod. Cool, one day I might get it". I don't waste my time making groups the whole day trying to get it, I just do FBI/MSVA when someone asks me to go. I do 1 edemo and 1 ndemo per day, one day maybe I get a brutality +5, I'll get it eventually.

The same thing happens to the Shieldbearer's Raid Helm. I've ran like 110 FBI already and haven't seen the raid helm. I used to do 5-6 FBIs per day trying to get it. It won't happen. One day when I'm not expecting it will drop. That's how RNG works in my opinion.

Unfortunately Neverwinter is just like Diablo. You don't farm for a specific item, the loot table is crazy and shard of orcus can drop from msva (like rjc9000 stated). You just play "for the lolz" and you eventually get stuff you want.

That's my advice to you all. Don't waste your breath doing a dungeon 50 times in a row, 10 times per day. Just do it when a friend asks you to do. Or do it twice per day.
    RNG smiles to you only when you don't care.
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    +1
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User

rjc9000 said:

Why that? Because RNG is a HAMSTER, if you want something you have to work hard for it, you have to grind. But if you don't want it, you will get tons of the item.

Ok, from this moment i no longer want a +5 brutality, +5 rising power, +5 rising precission, greater dod, greater hellig, greater krig, ecc picaroon, witch fen gloaming sinister shield and all other stuff i wanted. I dont want any of it anymore.

I hope this works. :D
    edited February 2017
    blur#5900 said:

rjc9000 said:

Ok, from this moment i no longer want a +5 brutality, +5 rising power, +5 rising precission, greater dod, greater hellig, greater krig, ecc picaroon, witch fen gloaming sinister shield and all other stuff i wanted. I dont want any of it anymore.

Tbh this kind of is true.

I want my Survivors Wraps so badly (and the tricorn because it's classy).

Many NDemos/ECCs, no drop.

Meanwhile, I could care less about my rings/gear, and then my GF gets on 3 entire sets worth of Relic Armor, 2 orange Helligs, and 1 orange Dod.

I am going to cry if I get a good +5 ring from NDemo before I get a single copy of the Survivors Wraps.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have never gotten an orange ring from mod 10 content. From Underdark, 3 have dropped... Charging Bull, Impenetrablity, and last night, Reflex Sight.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    rjc9000 said:

blur#5900 said:

rjc9000 said:

Meanwhile, I could care less about my rings/gear, and then my GF gets on 3 entire sets worth of Relic Armor, 2 orange Helligs, and 1 orange Dod.

I am going to cry if I get a good +5 ring from NDemo before I get a single copy of the Survivors Wraps.
    Update:

*cries in the corner*

while not a "good" +5 ring, I picked up a +5 vision and a Demogorgon Girdle, but no Survivors Wraps.

Keep in mind I currently have 2 orange Helligs and an orange Dod on my GF.

Don't get me started on the OTHER things I got to drop from chests... but no survivors wraps.

T_T

That's the curse of this system:
    if you have little you are more or less happy about every drop.
    If you go to a specific dungeon for a specific item you are royally helixed, as 0.01*3 is only 0.03, which requires still lots of runs and keys.
    Nevertheless, I dare to say that this new system is still better, because now I get stuff I can use sometimes, the last 8 months before the change the only artifact I ever got was a Lantern of Revelation. Now I get a useful item (which cannot be sold most of the time, but at least it's useful) every 10th box I open (maybe 20th).
    That is still way better than before.
    Nevertheless, if you search for a specific item it is still a horrible gamble, but one that costs a legendary key these days.
    a

That's the curse of this system:
    if you have little you are more or less happy about every drop.
    If you go to a specific dungeon for a specific item you are royally helixed, as 0.01*3 is only 0.03, which requires still lots of runs and keys.
    Nevertheless, I dare to say that this new system is still better, because now I get stuff I can use sometimes, the last 8 months before the change the only artifact I ever got was a Lantern of Revelation. Now I get a useful item (which cannot be sold most of the time, but at least it's useful) every 10th box I open (maybe 20th).
    That is still way better than before.
    Nevertheless, if you search for a specific item it is still a horrible gamble, but one that costs a legendary key these days.

I predicted it.

I got another +5 rising power. Literally today.

But 0 copies of Survivors Wraps.

Game, give me my wraps, +5 rings be HAMSTERed.

rjc9000 said:

rjc9000 said:

blur#5900 said:

rjc9000 said:

Update:

*cries in the corner*

while not a "good" +5 ring, I picked up a +5 vision and a Demogorgon Girdle, but no Survivors Wraps.

Keep in mind I currently have 2 orange Helligs and an orange Dod on my GF.

Don't get me started on the OTHER things I got to drop from chests... but no survivors wraps.

T_T
    I lost the number of runs I have done in VT for the 150 chest plate. I'm so sick of VT but I still run it 2-3x if not more a night.