test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Under new rules VIP keys should open Svardborg chests

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
edited January 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
If we are going to be forced to use keys without looking at the chest first, we should be able to expend our PAID VIP keys before being forced to PAY for legendary dragon keys. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    ofc

But people get blinded by shiny green companions being thrown their way and praise the system unfortunately. Svardborg is a HAMSTER pain now.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Eh so far from what my group has been exposed to the new system it works fine, alot more legendary rings seem to be dropping, more peeps are making AD from running dungeons other than just saving for 2x AD. Artifacts are alot more common which is never a bad thing , there's alot more great rewards out there than you think ya just need rng on ya side everyonce in awhile. :P

But I do agree VIP kinda needs an update now.
  • Options
    I'm talking about Svardborg--current content. Not EDemo or a Dread Rng skirmish.
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User

If we are going to be forced to use keys without looking at the chest first, we should be able to expend our PAID VIP keys before being forced to PAY for legendary dragon keys. Thank you for your time.

Whut ?! O_O
    You can't?!?!?!

I'm not even interested in that run but I totally agree with you.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

They won't make VIP key to do that.
    You don't have to buy anything.
    You can make your own keys. Not an easy job but you can.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I just stopped at epic with 5 legendary marks after spending all my remaining 'free' keys with nothing to show for except more HAMSTER.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    asterotg said:

I just stopped at epic with 5 legendary marks after spending all my remaining 'free' keys with nothing to show for except more HAMSTER.

Mod 11 is gonna be out in some time - weps are equivalent with dif bonus - I'd suggest you to wait and farm that one instead
  • Options

asterotg said:

Mod 11 is gonna be out in some time - weps are equivalent with dif bonus - I'd suggest you to wait and farm that one instead
    This.
    Hopefully it will be a Mod worth playing sans mind numb
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    lowendus said:

Well, it is not bad. The weapons are interesting - I am happy I did not waste time and effort on restoring the M10 weapons, because it seems a lot easier to restore/upgrade the M11 ones. The Weapon set bonuses are pretty interesting, but they might not suit all classes and/or playstyles. The new skirmish seems fine, the new (old) dungeon is fine (although just the leveling version is available for testing right now), and while there are treasure maps like in SoMI, there is no fishing. Yay!

And yes, there will be a new lockbox of course.

There are some things that need fixing - there is a showstopper in the quest path, and there is something wrong with how the passes work, but overall, it is a decent little module - some emphasis on "little".

The thing to keep in mind, however - there are no major challenges in there (well, we haven't seen the "master" version of the dungeon, so there is some hope), but I am slightly afraid this module will introduce a bit of power creep (in the form of new weapons), without any content that actually requires that power.

But - as I said, it is not a bad module.....just don't expect a vast amount of new content.

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    Was only 4 leg mark from restoring mainhand, which is why I want to do limited runs in attempt to complete THAT. Still need to do at least one SVA to vivify my chest piece. Last night all the people who used to run SVA are settling on FBI.
  • Options

Was only 4 leg mark from restoring mainhand, which is why I want to do limited runs in attempt to complete THAT. Still need to do at least one SVA to vivify my chest piece. Last night all the people who used to run SVA are settling on FBI.

I've had only 1 run of FBI since I got the required EF resist a few weeks ago.
    Its either no runs or ppl who run check me out and don't like my gear xD

Can't get into another one no matter what.

I'm running old dungeons trying to recall the good ol' times like when we chose positions for VT caskets xD
  • Options
    adinosii said:

lowendus said:

Well, it is not bad. The weapons are interesting - I am happy I did not waste time and effort on restoring the M10 weapons, because it seems a lot easier to restore/upgrade the M11 ones. The Weapon set bonuses are pretty interesting, but they might not suit all classes and/or playstyles. The new skirmish seems fine, the new (old) dungeon is fine (although just the leveling version is available for testing right now), and while there are treasure maps like in SoMI, there is no fishing. Yay!

And yes, there will be a new lockbox of course.

There are some things that need fixing - there is a showstopper in the quest path, and there is something wrong with how the passes work, but overall, it is a decent little module - some emphasis on "little".

The thing to keep in mind, however - there are no major challenges in there (well, we haven't seen the "master" version of the dungeon, so there is some hope), but I am slightly afraid this module will introduce a bit of power creep (in the form of new weapons), without any content that actually requires that power.

But - as I said, it is not a bad module.....just don't expect a vast amount of new content.

Ye, I've been on the preview forum checking the feedback.
    Looks like it ain't bad at all and as far as expectations are concerned, I'm having none at all, MOD 6 and SKT have taught me to expect that much. :P
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

asterotg said:

That is what I will do. There is just one thing, that annoys me like hell. My main is a 4.2k CW. I unlocked SVH pretty fast, but when I had time to farm it, most farming groups were build and I did not want to advertise my char like last years attraction (4.2k Full R12 bondings with ... and ... look how shiny..).

Another char I have is a 3.7k DC. I told myself, 'grind SOMI with your DC and ppl will beg you to join their group'. The plan worked. I unlocked mSVH and two days later they introduced the key changes. Now ppl really ask me to run SVH with my DC, but I dont want to run it anymore, bc I dont want to waste my time and my ADs for epic marks I dont need.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    lowendus said:

asterotg said:

This.
    From what I've heard, it is as @adinosii stated. I think an equally grindy follow-up would have made many throw their towels :tongue:
    asterotg said:

asterotg said:

That is what I will do. There is just one thing, that annoys me like hell. My main is a 4.2k CW. I unlocked SVH pretty fast, but when I had time to farm it, most farming groups were build and I did not want to advertise my char like last years attraction (4.2k Full R12 bondings with ... and ... look how shiny..).

Another char I have is a 3.7k DC. I told myself, 'grind SOMI with your DC and ppl will beg you to join their group'. The plan worked. I unlocked mSVH and two days later they introduced the key changes. Now ppl really ask me to run SVH with my DC, but I dont want to run it anymore, bc I dont want to waste my time and my ADs for epic marks I dont need.

Yeah the key changes hit alot of people - for those who did farm them - and caught up by the key changes, they're ready to flip the tables. Apparently, the Mark of Iled seems to be pretty rare drop.. We usually do a Guild/Alliance run with some PuGs thrown in if we can't get enough - not sure if yours does that or not but it's a good way to get bodies, and avoid promoting yourself on the front cover :wink:

Run FBI with your DC - still a popular spot for us plus the drop there isn't as bad for the key as SVA. I've seen an Axe Beak and a Lion drop there. Probably missed out on alot as I don't run it much due to lags. (Permafrost pillars are a pain with lags!) Plus the keys are less restricted/costly to get too.