test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange vendor for relic weapons

@asterdahl stated some time ago in another thread our current relic weapons will remain BiS for quite some time.

Though with the implementation of the new relic sets (which are as good as old relic sets) we are forced to grind master Svardborg again. 30 legendary marks which is a horrible grind with the key changes and I doubt anyone is willing to do it.

What do you think to implement an exchange vendor to trade the old relic weapons for the same rank of one of the new relic sets? Same system as you did with lostmauth set.

@nitocris83 @rgutscheradev

Comments

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    +1
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Well, another poster dug out some of the dev. comments, and "one of the strongest options for some time" isn't the same as BiS for quite some time.

But yes, there definitely should be an exchange and a perhaps an exclusive title, at the very least for those that have gotten theirs to legendary...
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Such as..

I got my legendary item, before they screwed over players and changed keys.

That would be a epic one I guess.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

Well, another poster dug out some of the dev. comments, and "one of the strongest options for some time" isn't the same as BiS for quite some time.

Just want to make sure everyone's clear on what was said. That's the quote. No one ever promised Relic weapons would be absolutely Best In Slot for X number of updates.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    When mod 10.5 dropped, the general consensus was "these are the new weapons, here's how they level, grind it, use them for the foreseeable."

If however we'd been told "Here are the new weapons, but newer variants will be available in next mod, here's how they level..." then at least we'd have had the option to grind orange marks and hoard them for the future, if we so chose.

A bit of a con tbh.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    The new weapons don't use the SVA marks. And the devs did tell the players this:
    asterdahl said:

The special marks used for the relic weapons are exclusive to the relic weapons and we have no plans at present for those marks to be used on future weapon sets. I can't guarantee special marks will never be used again, but the next set of weapons we introduce will not require special marks. With that said, as obtaining those special marks is difficult and requires completing Assault on Svardborg (Master) you can expect the relic weapons to be one of the strongest options for some time.

This was posted on 11/15: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12907378

EDIT: Emphasis mine in the quote above
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Such as..

I got my legendary item, before they screwed over players and changed keys.

That would be a epic one I guess.

Like it matters? If they exchanged them for fully refined epic it would be the same difference.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    They have no intention of releasing the new sets in a state that would make players feel compelled to switch. So we'll see how they adjust that Firesoul bonus. Not so sure what they can do about support classes though.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    And to be fair, it's all speculation. We don't actually know how any of these bonuses actually function, which is why we need copies so we can test it on preview and give honest feedback.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Yeah, frankly even knowing what the stats are would make a big difference.
    As in previous thread it isn't just about the relic weapon staying relevant. I just hate content becoming instant obsolote. There needs to be an increase in the droprate of legendary marks. It should 20% min per box.