What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    spideymt said:

5mio for orcus shard? Any one see how fast the price dropped? Do you think orcus is the only thing that dropped so fast? So what you gonna do with all the "new" good stuff in the chests if no one will buy them?

Are you complaining about
    * keys are used and you don't know what you get ("keygate")
    * the improved drop rate
    * the items you get from dungeon chests are now available to all players for a reasonable price. Thus a good drop after 500 worthless CN runs is no longer worth 5kk AD, which might ruin someones lifestyle.
    * something changed and you have no idea how to cope with that

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    th3rnandth3rnand Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Once again CRYPTIC show us how to bend people over and take advantage. What happened to the key change not happening? There is no where near good enough rewards to implement the key change. Now that Cryptic's decision making has been proven to be horrible we have 20:20 vision. We can now see that Cryptic

1. Does not care about its own communities input, what so ever.

2. Money is the main agenda and can't be subsided to any extent, to put any feeling and heart in the game.

3. Dishes out lies on a constant basis and will just say what we want to hear to get us off their back.

Disgusting group of people running this here game. Step it up and think about other people and maybe have some pride in your game. This is just nasty and should be ashamed CRYPTIC.
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

Are you complaining about
    * keys are used and you don't know what you get ("keygate")
    * the improved drop rate
    * the items you get from dungeon chests are now available to all players for a reasonable price. Thus a good drop after 500 worthless CN runs is no longer worth 5kk AD, which might ruin someones lifestyle.
    * something changed and you have no idea how to cope with that

Im complaining about worthless stuff in chests, no increased drop rate at legendary marks in SVA and legendary rings. Dont try to provoke me. Just read what i wrote, not what you wanna read. Do you sry think they key change was a good decission if you think about sva?

• Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    All can i say is finally i'm pretty satisfied but not sure where this is going...

Before the patch, there was less than 10 Orcus shard selling 4 or 5 millions on AH,
    the day after that it worth 2millions xD
    28 shards not 24h after patch release so it's absolutely certain that drop rate increased...

Not for me ofc, i still get absolute crapp hamster poo for everything i run, not a single green artifact or companion or whatever...

Always those stupids useless rings...

This is a very good thing for those who want rare stuff because prices will melt :)

But 2 problems =
    - i dont see anymore reason to run CN if i get crapp everytime but i can buy cheap at ah ( same thing for everything else in others dunjeons )
    i warned you about that, your change was leading to this but hey did you ever listen to your community ?
    If i can buy cheap, i will not runs dunjeons and never buy keys, you get it now ?? (if you still don't get it, it means your plan of milking us and forcing us to buy keys and generate income is a pure failure. I really wonder who the hell come with this kind of silly moves at Cryptic)

- There will always be some rare and expensive stuff at ah like runes.
    But if everything i loot worth nothing, i cant get enought ad to buy expensive stuff at ah...

But Cryptic... The time for queue is now insane.
    Either nobody runs dunjeons anymore and left the game or there isnt enought tanks and healers for your queue class fix...

This was a good queue fix but we dont find teams anymore.
    There is like 1 tank ans 1 heal for 100 dps in this game because its nearly impossible to make progress on multiple characters with your endless grinding and slow progression...

This is a huge problem on your hands.

YOU MUST ABSOLUTELY HELP US TO MAKE TANKS AND HEALERS REROLLS VERY FAST.
    Give us BIGs xp booster, free stuff, i don't know DO SOMETHING !!!

You removed the "xp exploit" in fortress with giants kiling...People used that for their rerolls mostly...
    Then came your aslo stupid idea of selling lvl 70ready characters.
    That's when i understold why you fixed fortress giants xp.
    It was you Cryptic greedy as ever who want us to pay for our rerolls instead of levelling them fast.

If you had not do that maybe we would have more tanks and healers right now but you can't see the big picture when your only interest is taking more and more money from our pockets.

I'm dead serious, the lack of tanks and heals will kill this game.
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    SVA still sucks, right. There should be a leg in every box, or a trade in of 5 epic for 1 legendary, something like that.

Nevertheless the changes so far did improve drop rates. But if you consider a Energon and a Shard of Orcus Wand (which I got so far) worthless you are right. That is much more than I got previously.

If you are a new player who can use lots of stuff then the key change was a good decision.
    If the only item you are missing is the +5 rising power ring it sucks, true.

I think due to the devaluation of dropped items it will be harder to maintain a carefree lifestyle without using your wallet.
    I don't like this at all, but I understand the need of Cryptic to make money.
    Without investing money you can still play the game, still get all the loot, but if you want to run 20 CNs for both dungeon chests you have to use ZEN sooner or later.
    It's just that paying customers get their 20 CN chests faster. Relying on demonic keys takes 20 days.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    diloul31 said:

28 shards not 24h after patch release so it's absolutely certain that drop rate increased...

Or....players got so many keys ( i got 18k faerzress left...) that CN gets farmed more than before.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    null
    Not related to amounts of keys i think, i never run out of faerzess but between CN and Demo and being able to make only one key everyday, i run out of keys very fast...
    You can craft 30 keys /months max...
    3 or 4 run per day, you run out quickly.

I know some people that runed more than 500 CN ans never got the shard.

The rare videos or people talking about shard drop show that they get the shard with the epic key chest not the the demonic one.

Can someone tell us if the extra chest gave you a shard or something ?

In my experience, only pure crrap in the extra chest.
    ( exept sometime 2 x R8 that i stack for refinement material)
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2017

#3 Dungeon keys are obviously an AD sink, meaning you pay for over doing them. I don't see what's wrong with that.
    Having a key that doesn't get used up and spamming dungeons is RIDICULOUS

@btairborne I can agree

Create new content for the drop table, make it feel rewarding even if in pure monetary terms it isn't. Streamline the key creation process, make us earn they key components from doing the content we *want*. which to me and for a good portion of the player base, is running dungeons. I'd say that the moving ice area is less boring than well of dragons, dread ring or sharandar, but I found those areas cool before I was forced to run through them over and over and over with variations of "kill 5 of this dude". If they want us to run diverse content, make that content better and worth returning to, and check what the player base overwhelmingly wants. And they want a Dungeons and dragons game with fishing on the side, as opposed to a fishing game with some dungeons tacked on.

it's akin to going to McDonalds for a slab of unhealthy greasy food and being told you may have a tiny taste if you eat a massive serving of kale first.
    The old content (Sharandar, Icewind Pass/Dwarven Valley, Well of Dragons, Dread Ring) will pretty much ALWAYS be worth returning to, why because they hold the materials/currency to create keys, Guild vouchers and other things no matter how boring/mundane they may seem. If these areas were actually were not worth returning to how about players stop going to them and see how many keys and or Guild vouchers they could make? It is understood that some players dislike "grinding" (which is pretty much a core element of a MMO), though grinding elements prevent content from being rushed as a LOT of players would do.

It's more akin to McDonald's having a free all you can eat menu (Neverwinter in general), a pay menu (Zen market) and various activities (like daily quests, dungeons, skirmishes, professions) a person can come in to do and get paid for it with McDonald's currency (AD, RAD, campaign currency). That McDonald's currency can be used to get things for your home (Stronghold, and those things being Stronghold vouchers) or things with Monopoly pieces on them (keys) in which the Monopoly pieces may or may not grant coveted rare McDonald's items (for example the McRib). Some of the currency (AD) can be used to buy coveted rare items (trade house), all the while people having the option to use their own money for the pay menu and any currency they earned how they see fit.
    diloul31 said:

- i dont see anymore reason to run CN if i get crapp everytime but i can buy cheap at ah ( same thing for everything else in others dunjeons )

i warned you about that, your change was leading to this but hey did you ever listen to your community ?

If i can buy cheap, i will not runs dunjeons and never buy keys, you get it now ??

- There will always be some rare and expansive stuff at like runes.

But if everything i loot worth nothing, i cant get enought ad to buy expansive stuff at ah...

But Cryptic... The time for queue is now insane.

Either nobody runs dunjeons anymore and left the game or there isnt enought tanks and healers for your queue class fix...

This was s a good queue fix but we dont find teams anymore.

There is like 1 tank ans 1 heal for 100 dps in this game because its nearly impossible to make progress on multiple characters with your endless grinding and slow progression...

Keys are not the only source of monetary gains for Cryptic and it seems like a lot of people are assuming it is and or that it is the ONLY reason for the key change. If players shift out of the "run dungeons only" mindset and do other things in-game, good move I say. Queues have been long (depending on the class and or if queuing alone, etc.) even before the update. x2 XP event starts today and will last for 5 days, PLENTY of time to lvl up a Healer and or Tank. Tanks and Healers are reeled into Guilds fairly quickly (may want to invest Guild Boons to entice them, hint, hint). I don't see Neverwinter going anywhere anytime soon. Lots of players who like the game period and or can't get enough of it.
    diloul31 said:

null

You can craft 30 keys /months max...

3 or 4 run per day, you run out quickly.

Actually it's about 32/33 keys a month (if a player is hardcore about it :wink: )

Players run out of keys if they want to continually run dungeons yet don't utilize the means to get more keys...

Without investing money you can still play the game, still get all the loot, but if you want to run 20 CNs for both dungeon chests you have to use ZEN sooner or later.
    It's just that paying customers get their 20 CN chests faster. Relying on demonic keys takes 20 days.

Keywords, "relying on Demonic keys". A non-Zen buying player still has a multitude of AD generating avenues at their disposal and if taken advantage of would be in a great position of not having their wallet or the game taunting them to buy Zen. and if they don't it takes them longer.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I like dungeons - I find doing the same daily quests in the areas over and over again to be boring. I do them on some of my characters but not others.

My favorite part of this game is the dungeons.

Now I am FORCED to pre-plan what dungeons I want to do rather than our normal way of "queue up for it all and lets do whatever we get into first" Because now I have to make sure I have the right key. I have to spend up to two days making each key (24 to get the quests to reset and then 19 to make the key) - and yes I know if you time properly you can get it down to about 20 hours per key. But that's a key for a dungeon you can't run until tomorrow.

I work. I don't know for sure when I can play. I want to go home, log in, do the part of the game I like and then go to bed.

On top of that I had 3 chests from eLoL that didn't even GIVE ME ANYTHING AT ALL! Yup out keys for glitched chests that don't offer rewards.

I also don't plan on spending any more $ on this game... sorry but even the alliance facebook page is getting quiet. There are 1500+ people in our alliance... I have never seen alliance chat go quiet before until yesterday.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    edited January 2017
    What you just said makes sense exept for sources to generate ad imo...

Generate raw ad, yes but ad its 36k max per day so it take you 3 days just for making 5 key that you will waste in an hour in a good group.

But is making key the best way to improve in this game and the only thing you need to buy ?

You need marks, a lot of them, they dont drop a lot... You need refinement stones and material, you need to buy artifacts feeders to be effiecient in refinement, ect ect...

For that you need to save a lot of ad or buy a lot of zen to change it in ad...
    If i must spend my ad in keys and get nothing from chests, it's a pure waste...

It's way more rewarding to save and stack refinement stuff in the long run...

I have to disagree with you about tanks and healers, double xp or not. The game lack healers and tanks it's fact, no matter why it is a fact ans it's killing the game...
    On PS4 it became impossible to join a queue for CN or it will take you hours of spaming chat...

It took me 3 month to reach 2900gs and i'm stucked to 2900 since a month...
    i have vip and spent like 150e in real money, it costs me 1/3 of that amount because i coul buy cheap psn cards otherwise i wouldnt never spent that amount in a free game
    And I spent money mostly during -40% black friday otherwise considering the crazy pricing otherwise, not a cent.

Should i repeat this process during 3 months to get a decent tank and heal ?
    Where will i find the bags, artifacts, refinements, marks that i already struggle to get on my main character ?
    Not mentionning that you need help as a healer or tank.
  • Options
    balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 186 Arc User
    - I can not blame players leaving the game, for many of them NWO is not an mmo anymore, because with the key change, the aspect of grinding has become useless. Not that I am a fan of hardcore grinding but I can´t blame players in the past for grinding the dungeons just because the game gave them the possibility, it is part of an mmo, and those who played different mmos years ago, know what real grinding is.
    - there is still not much transparency concerning the drop rate or RNG. Of course, the last days much more people posted it, if they got something out of the chests or not just to give kind of a feedback to the change, but it still says almost nothing.
    - Becauseof the "bug argument" the community lost their mind. They gave you a second chance. But the short time on the preview server was a joke,it was slap into the face for those on pc and even worse for those on consoles, it´s wa just a cash grab. I understand that it´s a company and they need to make money but I bet there are many better ways to do it. Grinding a dungeon shouldn´t cost a cent.
    - Still nothing about shorten the time creating a key, so many players asked for it. I don´t know if this would be possible but instead of working with keys maybe working with ransack bonus instead? Once you ransacked a dungeon you need to wait a certain time to get something out of it again.
    Peace.
  • Options
    thegrimner#3435 thegrimner Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2017

The old content (Sharandar, Icewind Pass/Dwarven Valley, Well of Dragons, Dread Ring) will pretty much ALWAYS be worth returning to, why because they hold the materials/currency to create keys, Guild vouchers and other things no matter how boring/mundane they may seem. If these areas were actually were not worth returning to how about players stop going to them and see how many keys and or Guild vouchers they could make? It is understood that some players dislike "grinding" (which is pretty much a core element of a MMO), though grinding elements prevent content from being rushed as a LOT of players would do.

They don't "seem" mundane, they *are* mundane. Boring. Utterly unfit for the purpose of being a persistent area worth returning to. Which is, oh he surprise, why people don't like running them beyond what's absolutely necessary. Yes, I can earn something from doing a menial task I don't really enjoy. For most, that's called work. You know, the thing people play games to wind down from.

You've been clinging to this baffling notion that it's somehow the players fault that dungeons is the end game for the vast majoritty. It isn't. If people don't like running the other content, and if Neverwinter is indeed designed with the purpose of providing alternatives for the grind, then those alternatives should be fu to play. And, simple as that, they're not.
    Not to even mention that running the same dungeons is pretty much the only way to progress through mods 10 and 10.5. So, whereas in other areas you have the choice between rehashing content which is clearly not designed to sustain our inteest for the duration or running dungeons for the loot, here the progress for the coveted new shinies is made exclusively through new dungeons, is locked behind keys we cannot sidestep unless we pay, not for progress, but for a virtual lottery ticket with very rigged odds.

The drawbacks of this system are apparent to anyone arguing in good faith and not applying for a job at community manager. If someone's dream of a model gaming experience is to kill Sazohiel every single hamstering day, that's still there. knock yourself out. it's clearly not what the majority of players are seeking for pure and simple. And people won't pay to avoid content, they will pay for convenience and out of satisfaction with the game. Two things @mimicking#6533 and the mimic underlings have gone out of their way to undercut with this sad excuse for a patch.
    Post edited by thegrimner#3435 on
  • Options
    coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    diloul31 said:

In Destiny, there was secret achievements and mysterys in dunjeon that took quite a lot of time to be resolved. With the lore of D&D, there should stuff like that in dunjeons instead of only watching numbers flying on the screen. A reason to enjoy searching and digging intead of only want to go to the final chest...

IMO, they have been doing away with the reasons to explore dungeons in NW ever since they took away the need to open Skill Nodes and the Random Loot Chests unless you needed a ton of Profession Items and Potions. I believe that was in the name of combatting bots.

• Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    how. could. you. put. a blink dog. on epic SVA. chest?
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    @ironzerg79

about rings drop.

YOU DON:T NEED TO DO SOMETHING EXTRA FOR GETTING IT!
    you need to be 70 lvl 2k IL and found a party for nDemo.
    and you already have a chance for legendary ring!
    NOTHING ELSE.

SO WHAT IS SPECIAL IN THIS?

but i run CN hundreds times and now i have THREE RINGS OF HAMSTER LIFESTEAL!

I DON:T NEED TO RUN IT !00500 TIMES ELSE TO HAVE 3 DEFENCE RINGS ELSE!!!!!
    AND I DONT WANT TO SEE HOW PEOPLE WHO WAS FALEN ON FIRST SECONDS OF FIGHT GET A LEGENDARY DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    diloul31 said:

What you just said makes sense exept for sources to generate ad imo...

Generate raw ad, yes but ad its 36k max per day so it take you 3 days just for making 5 key that you will waste in an hour in a good group.

But is making key the best way to improve in this game and the only thing you need to buy ?

You need marks, a lot of them, they dont drop a lot... You need refinement stones and material, you need to buy artifacts feeders to be effiecient in refinement, ect ect...

For that you need to save a lot of ad or buy a lot of zen to change it in ad...
    If i must spend my ad in keys and get nothing from chests, it's a pure waste...
    It's way more rewarding to save and stack refinement stuff in the long run...

I have to disagree with you about tanks and healers, double xp or not. The game lack healers and tanks it's fact, no matter why it is a fact ans it's killing the game...

On PS4 it became impossible to join a queue for CN or it will take you hours of spaming chat...

It took me 3 month to reach 2900gs and i'm stucked to 2900 since a month...

i have vip and spent like 150e in real money, it costs me 1/3 of that amount because i coul buy cheap psn cards otherwise i wouldnt never spent that amount in a free game

Should i repeat this process during 3 months to get a decent tank and heal ?

Where will i find the bags, artifacts, refinements, marks that i already struggle to get on my main character ?

Not mentionning that you need help as a healer or tank.

Have you ever sold anything on the trade house? What is sold grants AD not RAD, in that regard how much a player can gain daily is "limited" by what they can/have invested time into.

Keys are not the only way to progress or improve in this game. I myself have invested in a number of things outside of dungeons and have done quite well (millions of AD long before I ever got a rare drop) for all of my characters. What is rewarding is determined by the player though there are means that can compensate for lack of rewards for a preferred course of action which is part of my argument (if you cant reach your goal doing something over and over in a comfortable timeframe, try doing something else as well).

I have bought about 1 feeder artifact and that was to calculate the RP values per rank that it would grant. I don't buy refinement items, I generate more than enough for my characters.

I leveled a Healer and Tank solo fairly quickly...

You've been clinging to this baffling notion that it's somehow the players fault that dungeons is the end game for the vast majoritty. It isn't. If people don't like running the other content, and if Neverwinter is indeed designed with the purpose of providing alternatives for the grind, then those alternatives should be fu to play. And, simple as that, they're not.

Not to even mention that running the same dungeons is pretty much the only way to progress through mods 10 and 10.5. So, whereas in other areas you have the choice between rehashing content which is clearly not designed to sustain our inteest for the duration or running dungeons for the loot, here the progress for the coveted new shinies is made exclusively through new dungeons, is locked behind keys we cannot sidestep unless we pay, not for progress, but for a virtual lottery ticket with very rigged odds.
    What players choose to do with their time is up to them, though the players claiming keys are too expensive and or they can't afford them when they are seemingly not utilizing their in-game opportunities to pay for additional keys (if they want to run multiple times) is what I am in part arguing against.

Don't know why you people are still trying to talk some common sense into that guy. Let him enjoy his one chest per dungeon per day, which holds a shiny new peridot. As for me, I'm in the process of looking for a real game run by a real company.

If you are referring to me I can open 10+ chests a day if I want, no wallet or card on file involved. I'm focusing on the Guild content for the most part right now to enable players who have yet to maximize their daily AD to fund purchasing LDK's, faster and faster dungeons runs without keys.

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    diloul31 said:

This was a good queue fix but we dont find teams anymore.

This is a huge problem on your hands.

You removed the "xp exploit" in fortress with giants kiling...People used that for their rerolls mostly...

Then came your aslo stupid idea of selling lvl 70ready characters.

That's when i understold why you fixed fortress giants xp.

It was you Cryptic greedy as ever who want us to pay for our rerolls instead of levelling them fast.

If you had not do that maybe we would have more tanks and healers right now but you can't see the big picture when your only interest is taking more and more money from our pockets.

There is an obvious solution to this problem ... give your DPS character a break and start a tank or healer. It's not that hard to get to level 70 ... the challenge is picking up all the boons from the campaigns. I have both a Healer and a couple of DPS characters. It's a lot of work to keep them all reasonably "current" but it's possible and it means I have a character that's useful no matter who else is around.

It also helps solve the "one key a day" issue too ... when one has used theirs, swap characters.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Trinity...

Just one word ... wow

I'm sorry i forgot that i do all the daylies and skirmish everyday and run many dunjeons and it give me nothing to sell...

But i can be rich by selling the grey stones and green marks i got from sharanda and dread ring....
    (i'm sure 20% of them are not binded to account, this will help a ton !)
    How stupid i am !!!!

Oh yes i have that awsome +1 rings from CN, that sell for 1500 da at ah...
    I have like 4 or 5 rings a day, so it's an extra 10k !!!!!! I'm so stupid to forgot that...

If i create 10 characters and do that everyday on my characters i can actually make 100k a day or more !!

Thank you for opening my eyes, i 'm gona leave my work, my wife, give away my two kids and everything i do in my life and dedicate more myself to grinding NWO...

Thanks for your very interesting contribution. It feels good to talk with people who understand that there is no life before and after NWO !

PS : take a look at last Gaarlanx video about that matter on youtube.

Svarlog will be a real pleasure for restoring new weapons.
    By the time i achieve that i will be grandfather.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Long Post
    araneax said:

You are basically turning a blind eye to everything people actually do a day.
    For you , it is fine to be forced to do things, since you have "time " on your hands.
    To you it does not matter what other people are going through.
    You are looking at it from your own personal perspective.

I'm not forced to do anything in-game, I set goals and achieve them in the most efficient manner possible within my power, sometimes I take the "long" route just because. Where have I stated how much time I spend on the game per day? It does matter to me what other people are going through, that's why I have stated what I was doing far before the key change to put myself in a position to be self sufficient in regard to AD generation (which can be converted to Zen and fund whatever it is I want or kept as AD and do the same thing).

When I quote someone's post I am responding to them and what they have provided, the person I responded to made a statement about the 36k RAD conversion per day limit and doing it that way would take 3 days to buy 5 LDK's which is true doing it in that manner though I added that selling things on the trade house (profession goods) can/will increase AD generation significantly which is also true, in other words why rely on only one source of income/way to get something done (which is also part of my argument)?

I have looked at things from a number of perspectives, what it pretty much comes down to is "I do dungeons and little/nothing else" which is fine, I'm not arguing that it isn't, though the same ones making those type of statements are pretty much the same ones complaining about key prices, drop rates, 1 created key a day, etc. which is fine too if that's what they want to do. Do you think those same players would be arguing that the key change has pretty much ruined it for them if they had the in-game ability to get 10+ LDK's keys per day? Just asking
    araneax said:

Translation : Dungeons are not the only way to progress in this game. = Really ?
    That is very funny considering the fact at the end of every campaign there is a dungeon you have to finish in order to finish your campg.

So gaining Guild Boons that make your character stronger is not progress? Don't allow your assumptions about what I mean and or your narrow perception of "progress" to cause you to miss the bigger picture I'm expressing.
    araneax said:

Translation : If you are incapable to earn AD by spinning AH , maybe you should consider doing something else.
    For example weeklies.
    That is what you are saying, no ?
    Hey it is like 6 of them. Enough to last for a wholeee week.
    You can even buy a dungeon key for it.
    Oh wait, you can not. you only get 4.5k AD not 5k AD.

That's not what I was stating. What I have stated in so many words is if a player predominantly/solely runs dungeons for whatever it is they are trying to get and not achieving the desired result to try doing other things such as professions (AD income) and or Guild building (Guild Boons) in addition to running dungeons.
    araneax said:

Again you are looking only at yourself . Taking yourself as an example.
    You generate, you have time to, you can do this without any problems.

Please have in mind not all people have as amount of time as you do, to invest in doing everything in day.
    That should be kinda obvious to you , considering other comments.

Again where have I stated how much time I spend on the game or that I do "everything" everyday? Assume much?
    araneax said:

You keep talking about the in- game opportunities.
    In game opportunities.
    Do not do your new zone, do everything else.
    Do not waste keys on chests , since you can earn AD from bosses droping rewards.
    Earn AD by .... doing little dungeons on all of your alts ( That most people, do not have ) .
    Earn refinement by doing leadership level 25 , on all of your alts . ( That most people do not have or have no time to play. )
    Do all your zones on all of your alts, in order to get weeklies on all of your alts so you can " earn " AD.
    Go back to Sharandar and collect refinement for hours, so you can sell them on AH.

Grind vouchers for your guild, get guild marks, spend them on exploration stuff.
    Sell the HAMSTER on AH to other players .
    Oh wait.. that is dead .Since not everyone have a Forgehammer. Nevermind.

You said all of that. Refer to previous posts.
    That's what YOU took from my posts. Was I that specific or did I generalize? Again you have assumed quite a bit there...

I stated:
    - Bosses can drop high value items (if you don't have keys and a strong group Bosses can be farmed).
    - Additional characters CAN be used to generate additional AD (optional, not required).
    - Selling thing on the trade house CAN be used to generate additional AD (optional, not required).

I did NOT state:
    - Earn refinement by doing leadership, I stated "I generate more than enough for my characters", it was in regard to ways other than leadership.
    - Do all your zones on all of your alts, in order to get weeklies on all of your alts so you can " earn " AD. I stated doing daily/weekly quests can grant currency to craft keys AND Guild vouchers.
    - Go back to Sharandar and collect refinement for hours, so you can sell them on AH. I stated NOTHING about running Sharandar for refinement items and or selling them. I stated that by utilizing the older zones players can craft keys and Guild vouchers.
    - Anything about Guild marks or what to spend them on. Pretty much whenever I mentioned Guild it was about Vouchers and or Guild Boons.

I don't even have a Forgehammer of Gond :)
    araneax said:

Please read what you just said.
    " I can open + 10 chest a day if I want "

" Faster and faster dungeon runs without keys "

Sweetie you can.
    Others around you obviously can not.
    My guild lost 10 people so far.
    The alliance is a freaking silent zone.
    People do not wish to run content any more " since they are out of keys " .
    And bosses are not droping a god damn HAMSTER thing.
    Except peridots.

We all know how much we like them.
    They are green .. and shiney and worth nothing.

"I can open 10+ chests a day if I want", it's true, and it's by utilizing the suggestions I have laid out. Am I suggesting players do it all in one go, all day everyday, of course not.

Professions take time, though a player has to start somewhere, I started a long time ago and I'm reaping the rewards from it now. Professions can be ran at any time. Is it my fault I put the effort into things other than dungeons and can pretty much achieve the same things (buy rare drops, keys to open multiple chests)? Is it other players fault they didn't? These are rhetorical questions. What I am and have been trying to state is that there are other rewarding parts of the game in addition to dungeons, no matter how boring, mundane, repetitive players think those things might be it's still true.

@araneax in regard to your Guild and Alliance that is unfortunate. I let players/Guilds know when they come on board that dungeons are not our main focus, community, communication, helping others and Guild progression is. The dungeons will be there, people who will run them with you even if they don't have keys and or older content because of what it will do for many in the long run is something else, something else I feel is greater than 100% rare drop rate, but that's me.

Believe you me, it would take much more than words on a screen to get to me. I become quite infamous on forums that I take part in due to my perspectives and proposed suggestions and solutions to changes within a game. :wink:
    diloul31 said:

Just one word ... wow

@diloul31 I'm sorry that you don't understand the overall concept of my posts, I have tried to explain it to you the best way I can and I have seemingly failed you, I apologize.

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Well, give us back the dungeon delves hour event that you can run dungeon even if you have no keys left.

No kidding, that would be great. I would prefer a hybrid system with a focus on the hourly event but with keys so people could still do runs even if they are on at the wrong time. Should probably limit the Dungeon Delve to the Dungeon Chests as well.​​
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    @trinity706#8838

What is frustrating people is that the majority of the players (myself included) spend most of their day at work or in school. This leaves limited time to play this or any other game. Factor in family responsibilities, taking care of your home/apartment/dorm room/mom's basement etc, paying bills, doing chores for parents, whatever - most of us get the gaming in where we can. Some people are lucky and can get in a few hours each night - some only play on the weekends or their days off. With the limited time available - people want to focus that time on what makes them happy in the game.

Some people love playing in the auction house
    Some people love doing daily quests
    Some people love minmaxxing their characters
    Some people love building up a guild
    Some people love dungeons.

With these new changes - whatever the % of the population was that snuck on late at night or played for an hour or so after dinner wanting to do a dungeon or two... they just got hosed unless they are willing to run those dungeons without keys.

Assuming you don't have the money to or aren't willing to pay for keys - and also assuming you get home from work and play about 2 hours a night. You have to spend your first hour doing daily quests to get the stuff to make the key for you to run your dungeon TOMORROW. So you better know what dungeon you want to go into tomorrow.

Also when you DO run that dungeon the next day - you won't get enough value out of the chest to have been worth wasting 50% of your available play time to get it. Before you could keep running that dungeon and holding on to your one key until it WAS worth it. But at least you didn't have to spend your limited time running a part of the game you DON'T like to make the key again until you'd actually gotten something of value to you.

In addition - I have run eLoL multiple times each day since the patch. I lost a total of 3 keys to the chests glitching and being unable to be opened. I also have not had a single drop that was any different than the junk I would have turned down. Only now I'm not seeing any drops from the bosses either. I have kept running eLoL more as a test than anything else... to see what is different. So far I see nothing, no increased droprate, no different equipment dropping, no added value for eating my key.

But what did happen - areas all over Neverwinter are now broken - none of my alts that I'm leveling can proceed because of the game breaking bugs this created on the PS4.

What else happened - core players are drifting off because they refuse to fish - this is DnD (DUNGEONS and DRAGONS) not "Fishing and endless Heroic Encounters."

So look at the game from the majority's perspective. Yes we could play the auction house, yes we could do endless daily quests, yes we could spend more than our electric bill to buy keys to open chests in dungeons. But with our limited gaming time - why? When you could spend less and get more from just buying any number of the RPG's that are about to drop over the next few months?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    ravenskya said:

Assuming you don't have the money to or aren't willing to pay for keys - and also assuming you get home from work and play about 2 hours a night. You have to spend your first hour doing daily quests to get the stuff to make the key for you to run your dungeon TOMORROW. So you better know what dungeon you want to go into tomorrow.

So just use VIP keys and skip the campaign chests. The only campaign chests I bother with are VT and CN because you get the keys from running CN/demo and DR lairs (which you have to run anyways unless you want to waste all your AD on greater marks). That's all of 15 minutes if that.

Most of the value in running dungeons comes from daily AD bonus and salvage anyways. So if you skip the campaign chest and just spam etos four times you're basically missing out on all of 12k AD a day. Realistically the best return on value for time spent before the chest change was just running 2x etos 2x esot anyways.

If anything we lost just as much value when they changed the salvage values but people weren't crying tears over that for whatever reason.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    urabask said:

ravenskya said:

So just use VIP keys and skip the campaign chests. The only campaign chests I bother with are VT and CN because you get the keys from running CN/demo and DR lairs (which you have to run anyways unless you want to waste all your AD on greater marks). That's all of 15 minutes if that.

Most of the value in running dungeons comes from daily AD bonus and salvage anyways. So if you skip the campaign chest and just spam etos four times you're basically missing out on all of 12k AD a day. Realistically the best return on value for time spent before the chest change was just running 2x etos 2x esot anyways.

If anything we lost just as much value when they changed the salvage values but people weren't crying tears over that for whatever reason.
    1 ELOL + 1ETOS + 2x Esot would give you one extra daily "seals bag" that you can trade for Salvage... i think is a bit better and you can play 2 diferent fast runs...
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

urabask said:

ravenskya said:

1 ELOL + 1ETOS + 2x Esot would give you one extra daily "seals bag" that you can trade for Salvage... i think is a bit better and you can play 2 diferent fast runs...
    It takes 4 elol runs to get 1 piece of salvage worth 2k AD from the seal bags and the piece of salvage that you get from elol in the last chest is worth 1.25k-3k rAD less. Then you lose 1.25k-3k rAD for every piece of salvage that drops from a boss.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    th3rnand said:

3. Dishes out lies on a constant basis and will just say what we want to hear to get us off their back.

<</p>

Well that's a lie itself, they never said the key change wasn't happening. In fact they always maintained it was but they would change the loot. Which they did.
  • Options
    ravenskya said:

So look at the game from the majority's perspective. Yes we could play the auction house, yes we could do endless daily quests, yes we could spend more than our electric bill to buy keys to open chests in dungeons. But with our limited gaming time - why? When you could spend less and get more from just buying any number of the RPG's that are about to drop over the next few months?

I have, a number of times.

Just because I'm not opposed to the key change doesn't mean I haven't. I have already addressed it, in so many words that players will have to make due within the time they have available to play. I'm suggesting players do something, whatever it may be other than just expressing their discontent on the forums.

Hell, rally together and back off from the game in droves to help drive your point home instead of pretty much just taking it, go to another game, something (are people too hooked to dare to make such moves to prove a point?).

What I'm stating is idle threats on the forums (XYZ games are coming out... I'm going to stop playing if... I'm going to take my money elsewhere..., etc.) don't do much of anything when the numbers are still there. If free-to-play players leave and the revenue coming in doesn't budge to a considerable degree it matters less (if at all), if the players that spend money leave that will be more of an eye opener. The players pretty much keep the game afloat, without them... yeah...