test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Training dummies need about a billion hit points

ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
@rgutscheradev @terramak

Can we get you guys to upgrade the testing dummies? Currently, you can "kill" the dummies, which then causes certain abilities to not effect them, which impacts our ability to thoroughly test some stuff.

For example, if I reduce a dummy's HP to zero (even though it regenerates), some effects, like Icy Terrain, Oppressive Force and Sudden Storm (specific to a CW) don't affect dummies. So it's tough to gauge the true impact of things, like the weapon enchantment changes, if all our powers are affecting the dummies accordingly.

If we could boost up the HP of the dummies to about a billion or so, that would be extremely helpful for us to conduct more thorough testing of changes like this.

Thanks!
"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
i7TZDZK.gif?1

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I agree, too. I like to see an area set up that had groups of 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 dummies set up. I'd love to see a "minion" dummy, different dummies for the different "types" of monsters (controller, skirmisher, brute, artillary, etc.) and then epic boss dummies, that accurately reflect needed armor penetration, etc.

Pie in the sky would be for them to take the Powerhouse feature from Champions Online, and add a similar training area to Neverwinter. Basically, it had an area where you could custom summon dummies that actually attacked you for testing purposes, as well as a variety of static dummies. It also allowed you to pay to respec, but you could try various things before "locking" in your build by leaving.

BUT...that's probably a lot of work. Right now I'd settle for training dummies that didn't die.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1