test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 11 Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170104a.1 (Updated 1/17)

Comments

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

urabask said:

urabask said:

Anyone who is saying that Relic Weapons should not be BIS, currently, does not want to lose the opportunity to get the best in slot weapons with far less effort compared to Relic Weapons. Relic weapons MUST be best in slot for at least some more time because this way you are only saying the players that, your efforts on getting them is 0 on our eyes and the ones who skip a mod deserves better weapons than you. Period

I don't even care about them being BiS. I thought the grind, gating and cost was insane. But now that they've put us all through that grinder the fact they're just handing it out for free to new players without compensating the players that played the last two mods is kind of ridiculous. I'd at least like to see some sort of acknowledgement that there's a problem here.
    But maybe there will be some compensation? Who knows. I think DEVs listened to a lot of complaints about new key system, fishing, MSva, NSva, SoMI, hell all of SoMI. so maybe the new team is fixing that. MAYBE the team is trying to make SoMUI mute so they can take it down to rework it. IDK...you dont know, so lets leave it at that.

And all this Bull HAMSTER talk about new better not be better then my 20 million hour grind weapon, Screw you all. 200k dailys, 100m freaking HE's and all to get a set of weapons. YAY i got my wonderful new Burning/Earthen/Howling/Drowned set...............WTF Twisted?
    They're not reworking two whole mods any time soon. They've been taking years to get dungeons back into the game never mind a whole mod.
    Different DEV teams. Thats all i can say to this. Maybe they really do listen and want to try to fix this.
    And? How does that change the fact that they just basically thumbed them middle finger at everyone that bothered getting the relic weapons? After the way they handled the debacle with the winter festival I'd expect more out of them.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Relic weapons are easy to get now, dragon turtle moult selling by 20k each....but marks weren't and still aren't but the game has to progress it doesn't make sence that new weapons are worse than older, the most logical thing for me to do is as soon as players with somi weapons unlock the new weapons they can trade them by equal rarity ones....

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    terramak said:

Items and Economy
    Bounty Stores update

• Bounty Stores have been updated with more rewards for a leveling adventurer! The zones with bounty store changes are:
      • Tower District
      • Blackdagger Ruins
      • Neverdeath Graveyard
      • Helm's Hold
      • Ebon Downs
      • Vellosk
      • Pirates' Skyhold
      • The Chasm
      • Rothé Valley
      • Mount Hotenow
      • Whispering Caverns
    • The Bounty Treasure Cache packs now only give class specific gear.
    Contests now give Experience and Bounty Currencies as additional rewards!
    The seal vendors in various lower-level zones no longer offer items for Seals of the Lion. Instead, they now properly sell the standard stock for Seals of the Adventurer.
    On the whole, I am pleased by these changes, but I have to ask if this is going to destroy the possibility of ultra-rare non-class-specific items that can also drop from bounty bags. Hellfire and Archon items from Hotenow are particularly desirable, but even the Tower District drops popular transmutes like Bracers of Scouting.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

Relic weapons are easy to get now, dragon turtle moult selling by 20k each....but marks weren't and still aren't but the game has to progress it doesn't make sence that new weapons are worse than older, the most logical thing for me to do is as soon as players with somi weapons unlock the new weapons they can trade them by equal rarity ones....

Nobody wanted the SOMI Relic weapons to be the best forever. But when you combine the difficulty in getting them (defeat the hardest content in the game, a LOT of times, in addition to doing very boring content repeatedly to get mats) with the fact that it was implied by a dev that the SOMI relic weapons would be top of the line for some time...it is reasonable for people to expect that they wont be outdated the very next mod. The current fact that it seems relatively simple to get them doesn't help any.

It is akin to walking into the store while they are putting the best new speakers on the shelf, buying them, and then having them have better ones the next day for less. It happens, but it never really feels good.

The only people who feel good about this are people who skipped SOMI. The problem now is, if people don't like the grind, they will just skip it and wait for a grind they consider reasonable. This precedent and philosophy doesn't bode well for a grind heavy, highly repeat-natured game that is losing players.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User

Being able to trade for another set more ideal for your class would be an acceptable compensation I think... like with the Lostmaugth set.. i would SO be ok with this even though a faster weapon set acquisition for the mod skippers is like giving candy to a pouting little brat that wouldn't eat his vegetables.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • nithaliknithalik Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    As a player who worked his HAMSTER off to get the new relic weapons and has had to deal with this horrible rng in SVA and powered through it, I am really happy there is new content and gear coming so I have something to work towards again. My concern is that if the new gear/weapons are better than SKT stuff no one will ever run that content again which is a shame because I find FBI to be one of the most fun dungeons and SVA a welcome challenge. A lot of people are still working towards this content in terms of iLVL but the SKT boons arn't that great and SVA is already hard enough to get a group together for so there will need to be a good reason for people to continue to run this content otherwise it will most likely be ignored.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I never will do fbi... 4k+ item level but I can't stand that grind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    Dungeons and Trials
    Demogorgon: Players may now queue for this trial at any time.
    As a result, Drizzt no longer runs to Demogorgon's cave entrance in Mantol-Derith.
    Tiamat: Players may now queue for this trial at any time.

Tiamat queue was not active when I checked for it. Was not able to check on the hour for a time-constrained queue. Demogorgon looked fine.

Bounty Stores update
    Bounty Stores have been updated with more rewards for a leveling adventurer!

Partisan packs are a pretty decent reward. I only had enough bounties to test in Skyhold. The profession pack used the loot table from one of the mechanical altar invoke bags (1 resource item), not the SCA profession pack (multiple resource items). Noticed some inconsistent pricing and typos but didn't take specific notes, just a general observation to recommend a polishing pass. Definitely concerned that bounty bags with equipment will no longer be able to drop anything but unidentified random equipment, not unique-skinned boss drops. Taking away more sources of unique gear = BAD.

Damaran Shepherd: This companion's loyalty can now be purchased in the Wondrous Bazaar.

150k AD is too much for a companion that is basically a fancified 2-gold Dog with mediocre bonuses. Waaaayyy too much for a companion that used to be free.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    @terramak, can i ask where is the promised DC revamp + bug fix? What I see is only new contents and new maps across these years but the 2+ years old bugs such as Divine Glow doesnt proc weapon enchantment etc are ignored. We had those bugs starting from 2014 and now it is already 2017. I understand you guys are busy but since u guys had promised us for some simple bug fixes approximately half a year ago, can you guys start to leak some of your schedule to us? The DC bug and fix list is already there for years, and we keep on reopen new threads to keep this issue hot. Tired waiting.... sigh....
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    @terramak
    no notes about new power\equip changing system?
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    I honestly don't think its cool to have the new weapon set be as good as Relic while being much easier to get... each there own I guess...
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @terramak
    there is a weird video interaction in FBI just before you reach the first wall that Evan needs to melt. It causes a really big delay or a complete crash for me. Others have reported the same graphic issue there.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I am one of the players who took the time to grind dailies and spend the millions of AD it took to get the relic weapons. I, like many people was under the impression that new weapons were not going to be released for at least a couple mods. If these new weapons are going to be better than the relic weapons we litterally just got, I think it is reasonable to ask that those who's time and money was wasted be compensated for this. There was no good reason for the devs to create a very obviously terrible and grindy new way of obtaining/upgrading gear and weapons in the first place. They said the next weapon set would be upgraded normally which begs the question of what possible purpose was this "testing" suposed to serve. It looks like the Devs already knew from the start their relic weapon upgrade system was bad. From where I'm standing, it looks like they at best used us at our expense for a pointless and deeply unpopular experiment and at worst, did this on purpose as a cash trap. I don't know what else to think here and I hope this isn't going to be as bad it looks.

While I'm glad that the new weapons won't be gated behind the ridiculous grind that it took to get the relic weapons and that the Devs appear to be abandoning this failed experiment or whatever the hell they were trying to do, they should have waited a few mods before rendering the relic weapons obsolete. We litterally haven't even had them for a whole mod.

As for fair compensation to those who took the time to play the last mod and unlock/upgrade the new weapons, an exchange similar to the lostmauth exchange should be created where you can turn in your relic weapons + the new weapons upon acquiring them for the new weapons at the same rank as your relic weapons. I don't want the new weapons nerfed to be less good than relic weapons, I just want to see that those who actually participated in and payed money last mod don't get the shaft and get compensated fairly.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I'm pissed off, grind like crazy to make Relic weapons and spend soo much AD to see the close next mod they make better weapons...
    I'm disapointed with this game, time to move out i guess.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    helric9 said:

I'm pissed off, grind like crazy to make Relic weapons and spend soo much AD to see the close next mod they make better weapons...

We all saw it coming, maybe while you were endlessly grinding and dumping AD you should have asked the question...gee is this worth it?
  • helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    kitkathd said:

helric9 said:

We all saw it coming, maybe while you were endlessly grinding and dumping AD you should have asked the question...gee is this worth it?
    Thanks for your constructive answer, it's always a big plaisir to meet someone with much positive to give.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    vida44 said:

kitkathd said:

The problem what a lot of people are not seeing is that with this change we have a DEAD trial. Let me try to write that down again. DEAD TRIAL.

Every single dungeon/skirmish/trial in this game has a purpose. This one is just wasting space. Nothing in there is worth the grind. The rings are not something to say "wow I need them" (and BtC, what an insult), the Horn of Valhalla is also nothing special, the RP items also not worth it. So what reason does anyone have to run it?

I don't care that I spent half of my life grinding it out. I don't care to have obsolete weapons, I really don't, I'll grind the new ones just like I did these. But why should we have a trial, and an epic trial also, that will be sitting there wasting space on our computers. I'm trying to make a point here to have more content to run. Sure, I can run it for fun. But every content I run I do it with a possibility of a reward that is worth my time. We need this trial to be reworked to give us a reason to run it again.
    Dead trial and totally wasted dev time to even create it.
    One might say "hey, this is not true! we've done it and people did buy keys to open the chests there" I was late for the party and took me a while to even open this trial. But even now it's being run like crazy but that won't last long.

The fact stands, while people are slowly learning that new weapons are/will be easier to get, SVA is/will be abandoned almost completely.
    Let's face it, it was designed solely to make us grind for Relic Weapons upgrade, and that was a MASSIVE error, thing that should never pass the testing phase.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Dungeons and Trials
    Demogorgon: Players may now queue for this trial at any time.
    As a result, Drizzt no longer runs to Demogorgon's cave entrance in Mantol-Derith.
    Tiamat: Players may now queue for this trial at any time.

Tiamat queue was not active when I checked for it. Was not able to check on the hour for a time-constrained queue. Demogorgon looked fine.

Bounty Stores update

Partisan packs are a pretty decent reward. I only had enough bounties to test in Skyhold. The profession pack used the loot table from one of the mechanical altar invoke bags (1 resource item), not the SCA profession pack (multiple resource items). Noticed some inconsistent pricing and typos but didn't take specific notes, just a general observation to recommend a polishing pass. Definitely concerned that bounty bags with equipment will no longer be able to drop anything but unidentified random equipment, not unique-skinned boss drops. Taking away more sources of unique gear = BAD.

Damaran Shepherd: This companion's loyalty can now be purchased in the Wondrous Bazaar.

150k AD is too much for a companion that is basically a fancified 2-gold Dog with mediocre bonuses. Waaaayyy too much for a companion that used to be free.

You see a main problem from the current dragon server packs is botting, most of fire archons bracers/brimnstone make/archon falcion are grinded by bots, just sit there near the bridge end and watch a random player walking very linearly from time to time, this change wont affect that, armour is still droping unbound from each zone, i would just make all bta, make currency drop like trash and watch botters cry. When i asked terramak to add a always bta armour my intention was to transmute a shield of the howling hatred, there aren't many things that one can get with effort and AD and not just AD and the fact that that shield is different and requires a player to grind out to lvl 68 is a prestigious reason, at least for me.

I agree about the damaran shepherd, current ah price is 15k, unless devs are planing making companions damage......something the ah price will rule, but i dont think this is a major issue there are epic companions wich production price should be 800k selling by 20k so it's all being shufled by demand and supply, as long they are there and people play they will be bought.

@terramak another big big issue about bots that is completly filtering the economy into grades is scalable dungeon farm and pvp, 80% of low level pvp are bots they just run it walls, go back etc etc.... since removing these bots would cause the enchantments and transmutes economy to colapse why not:

Make rare transmutabe from scalable dungeouns bta but with increased chance drop (these drops like hat of the pirate host from normal CC sell by high amounts of ad)
    Instead of AD, reward players with BTC uncomon insiginas and BTC Power/union/stabilitty stones(those ones that have 5 times more refinement points on artifacts...anyway you know).

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

Nobody wanted the SOMI Relic weapons to be the best forever. But when you combine the difficulty in getting them (defeat the hardest content in the game, a LOT of times, in addition to doing very boring content repeatedly to get mats) with the fact that it was implied by a dev that the SOMI relic weapons would be top of the line for some time...it is reasonable for people to expect that they wont be outdated the very next mod. The current fact that it seems relatively simple to get them doesn't help any.

It is akin to walking into the store while they are putting the best new speakers on the shelf, buying them, and then having them have better ones the next day for less. It happens, but it never really feels good.

The only people who feel good about this are people who skipped SOMI. The problem now is, if people don't like the grind, they will just skip it and wait for a grind they consider reasonable. This precedent and philosophy doesn't bode well for a grind heavy, highly repeat-natured game that is losing players.
    I feel good that I skipped grinding my face off doing stuff that wasn't fun for me in SOMI. I do understand how annoying it is to work really hard on something and put in a lot of hours and frustration on making something good only to have the rug swept out from under you. I'm a 100% finished Masterwork Crafter who finished the stuff right before STK came out :/ New weapons seem legit better and interesting so I guess I'll just sit here with my bag of MW fashion and collect more stuff.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Seems that there is no logic or planification in the game progression items, everything seems random in every module, at the start of the game until module 2 there was a clear logic and progression in items and other thigns that matters in character power.

Now everything seems random like if every new module they throw a die and put a random result in the game.

Other logic is pissing BIS people who dont spend money to go out of the game and give something atractive to new or returning players with fresh money. This argument repeats in my mind every time they release a new module or they make a big change.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Firesoul: When you damage an enemy, there is a chance you become Fortified, which increases your defense by 5% and adds your Defense to your Power, to a max of 30% increase of your total Power.

^^^

This is a bad ,bad idea.It does the same mistake as with ITF in mod6:A mechanism that transforms defense into power.

Simply many GWFs and some DPS GFs will stack defense ,and gain huge damage bonus .This must not go live ,it will fuel again GF nerf crusades and in addition it will make the incoming GWF balance far more difficult.

In general ,since the new weapons will be easier to get than relic ones ,and relic ones required RNG drops from the most difficult content of the game , Relic weapons must continue to have a slight head on in damage.

And overall i think we don't need any more damage in the game.Mobs are level 73 in every dungeon/skirmish since mod6 ,while players damage was almost doubled or even more.
    Add other effects to new weapons but not damage.
    I have legendary relic set ,but its damage could go down aswell .It is too much as it is.We don't need any more ways to trivialize the content.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

The idea that skipping a module in a videogame for not being remotely fun for you is somehow analogous to refusing to do something that prevents you from dying of scurvy is nonsensical.

Games are supposed to be fun. If they are not, that's squarely on the devs and they should be called on it and they should work to correct it.

I don't think it's entirely fair to the players who sucked it up and did it anyway, but I don't think there's any merit to sticking with flawed design just because some of your players will gun for BiS no matter how stupid you make it.

yes, pls keep in mind: it's a Gaaaame! :-)
    and still, competition and gaining acceptance is NOT a game even in a game (sadly so)... i mean "gunning for BiS no matter" -- very nice wording!
    so, there's a lot of effort going into gunning for BiS and quite a bit of pressure for staying ahead/on top as i read in this forum.
    the fleeting nature of MMO works against it... everything changes all the time...
    better do what we enjoy, and that will be our "compensation"

and: whatever we do or did, we pc players are just a small fraction of the whole field of players,
    guinea pigs so to say... (and i like it)
    edited January 2017

Bounty Stores update

One other thing about this, I did not check every single bounty hunter for updates, but the zones I checked (only the merchant closest to the entry in each case) all had updates except Tower District.

Tower being excepted from additions might be intentional as I don't think the game has dropped random blue loot for players that low in level since the re-itemization from ages ago, but it does make the shop where players would first encounter this system as lackluster and unappealing as ever. The bounty store should at least have a Partisan's pack available. If it works as I understand, a rare MH/OH choice can be created for such lowbie characters in addition to the ones added elsewhere.

I'd have to test a few packs to determine if the refinement and profession drops are scaled to the level of the player opening the pack or the zone where they bought it from.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I not only got the new Relic Weapons on 5 of my toons and all are done except for the legendary marks on 3 of them.. but I also made the SKT3K Custom channel... filled it with more than 850 people..

In my channel I take a first come first served attitude to make it possible for people to get what they need from Mod 10 content and take the time to teach people the best ways to complete the content the instances and the grind to get AD mats for stuff... I have literally spend 100's of hours on getting what I need AND helping numerous others get what they need.

and NOW... there's a chance that all this was pointless???? ALL this will be overlooked and penalized by the Devs? The ABUSE and EXPLOITATION of players by other players will be rewarded instead??? Elitism and basical the Zerg mentality is inherently COUNTER PRODUCTIVE and Toxic and Harmful to the people taht play this game and the "bottom line" financially for the game.. please please please don't NERF the social progress and maturation of the game community...

We've started something beautiful with the more Social, Helpful, and mature player base... it could grow into a new foundation of Old Timers and Leaders of the game community... IF you don't return to the old knee jerk, eye candy, instant gratification version of game progression that NW had up until Mod 7 and some mods since then.

Also, THE GENIUS of the Mod 10 economic system was that almost EVERYONE level 70+ could benefit and profit and progression from the "grind" of getting mats for Relic Gear and Weapons. EVERYONE could get access to Maps in a Bottle and with that access to Rp (up to Brilliant Diamonds), Lanolin, Dragon Turtle Moults.... etc.. for personal use or to sell to get what they treally needed for their toons. (POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!)

But.. if you return to a pew pew 1000 times and ding BiS here you go.. then the only people that benefit from this system is people that are already well established in game.

Please don't make the content stupid easy because people refuse to Read and learn and be social with informed players... Elitism and Soloism has been the WORST part of the entire game since I started playing back in Mod 3... I actually left the game late mod 5 because of the trivial nature of the content and the lack of long term progression options on a corporate level... but when Strongholds was announced I came back.

One thing occurs to me that reminds of a life truth I've learned in the last few years. Often times people will hold to a horribly abusive... entirely unfulfilling relationship instead of risking being alone. Well... in this situation... the old guard.. the old timers of this game community are the bad people in this disfunctional relationship between Game Developer and Game Community.

I THOUGHT that people like me had finally found an ally in the Game Developers and new Community Manager... I thought they were finally tired of being at the mercy of the Mob.... the whiners. The ragers.. the Mod Skippers... but.. alas... it seems (just look at posts above) that these people only feel MORE empowered.. more able to manipulate and exploit the game developers with their tantrums. With the Mods since Mod 7 there has been progressively implemented content that requires teamwork.. thought.. and healthy Social Interaction with other people in the game... but... maybe that's too much for most people here.. maybe that requires more from them than they will ever have the capacity to deal with... in game... or in life.

I BELIEVE in the Capacity of people to overcome challenges in game... Personal.. Social... Financial.. etc... IF THEY WORK TOGETHER... but if there's no NEED to work together... then they will not. I LOVE Mod 7 and Mod 10 for this reason. Work together... you make it... low to mid IL... it's ok.. we got something for you here... need something to do while LFG or LFM other than talk HAMSTER in Zone Chat??? Here... fish or map hunt AND guess what.. that will help you get the AD to get the RP and Enchants and Bondings and pets and w/e else you need to be good at higher level content.

(if you forum mods don't like something I've said here.. give me a chance to edit it... :D> instead of nuking the whole thing .. Most of what I'm saying needs to be said.. some of it can be edited out because it's just more a product of Hurt, frustration, and disappointment... than something that can be productive in a social setting :D.)

Mod edited out a rule violation.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I don't care how rewarding you think mod 10 was. I'm not playing a $&@%ing fishing treasure hunt simulator. This is dungeons and dragons FFS.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    @weaver936 You should take solace in the fact that you worked really hard to help people come together and overcome the challenges that module 10/10.5 created. You did good, and no one can ever take that away from you.

But you also have to realize that it's likely a very small majority of players that actually enjoyed how the content grind out, hence the change in direction for module 11. They can't keep making content aimed at the 1%, and expect to keep a healthy player-base.

Sorry you feel burned by the potential content being released in Module 11, but I can't help but personally feel like it's a big improvement to the game, and will likely bring a lot more people back into Neverwinter. Had we seen Module 11 be Module 10, part 2...that probably would've ended the careers of a lot of adventurers.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I commend the game designers for listening to the players and ending the relic gear with SOMI it was a needed thing. The rng has caused a lot of players to back out of playing the game. Recognizing the mistake and moving forward With new content with normal grinds for BIS gear is the right thing to do. Now to finish correcting the issue give a trade up same as did for LOS set equal weapon for equal weapon of relic for new gear Ie green for green orange for orange and so on. If this is done then every one will have no reason to hamster other than just the regulars who complain about every thing and we all know who they are. I can afford to put a little money in game every month but the millions needed to get enchanted loam and other items were past my budget especially just to get weapon to green. so by time got them to that point I cant even get a successful Msva run due to very few of the needed classes with high enough Ils are are even running it now.
This discussion has been closed.