test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New weapons use old Marks

You know usually I'd be fine with stuff like this but I spent months grinding for my relic weapons and the marks to upgrade them.
Then a guildmate (Peach) is able to restore the new weapons and upgrade them to legendary in less than a week. Just for reference Relic weapons cost around 3.5 million AD worth of mats to restore, had a month long set of dailies to grind (not including the initial 2 months of SKT dailies/weeklies), and then you had to spend more time grinding dailies, HEs, and fishing. Then you grind SVA hundreds of times.

I don't know what Cryptic's excuse will be but a lot of us put a lot of time and resources into obtaining the relic weapons will feel royally HAMSTER over by this.

I8r4ux9.jpg

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    All that grind and all that trouble around Relic weapons just to get replaced by far easier obtainable weapons which are equal or potentialy stronger... Should have known better and just passed on entire SKT.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Didn't bother with SKT at all.

Proly won't bother with these either. Game is way too alt unfriendly.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    i never liked idea of needing 4k ilvl to can upgrade weapons
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

Althought the new restoring system I thought it will be discontinued after SoMI but it seems as an extension of grind from now on.

It's because refining points have become a moot point in the system. All gear that's using old Marks and old RPs are basically insta-legendary now. So you need another grind to gate them.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Actually they probably made it like that so we can easily upgrade them and test them on preview. So hold you happiness.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    vida44 said:

Actually they probably made it like that so we can easily upgrade them and test them on preview. So hold you happiness.

If they only wanted the weapons to be easy to test on preview, they could stick them on a vendor.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited January 2017
    Hey, I'm just guessing here. Somehow I doubt they will make Svardborg obsolete.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    It wont be obsolete, people will still run it once a week to get the books to vivify their armor, unless there is going to be a new armor set in the new mod.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    The devs told us the new weapons would use old marks soon as the relic weapons came out. You forgot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    Haha I knew relic wep wasn't worth my time
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    And this method is at least in part getting the game back to a more alt friendly environment, which the SKT grind is not.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Regardless of people getting cheated for so much time spent, the DEVs can't just make more campaigns with such a ridiculous amount of grinding involved. Just keep it simple like Underdark and the Dread Ring.

Just leave SKT as the campaign for people who want to be maxed out as much as possible. Let it keep those grindy vivified gear.

And the new weapon's weapon damage should be bumped down to be between twisted and relic. It shouldn't be as powerful. SKT has a T3 dungeon and a raid involved, mod 11 does apparently not have this so why would the weapons be on par?
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    The dungeon key change writing was on the wall. If you didn't see it coming, I feel bad for you. You will have to use keys where we didn't, and I don't honestly agree with that. They should have left current content as it was, and NEW content should have had the new design. Alas, the devs screwed you. Don't put your blame for the dungeon key change on people who had the foresight to get what they wanted out of the chests prior to the change that was obviously coming.

I would say a decent majority of the people would have gotten their relics to legendary even if the key change hit Day 1 that SOMI was released. Most of the people I know who have them at legendary would have.

This is a classic battle between those who dislike those people that have the time/skill/money to get to 4k and run this stuff, and those who don't. I get it. This was a casual, alt friendly game a long time ago. The people running with BIS gear as soon as it is available have been able to get what they want and do what they want, while those with less time/money/etc can't and can only look on with envy/disgust at those players flaunting their shiny gear.

And now, the 4ks with legendary gear are getting the shaft (and you guys above KNOW it), and it is human nature to get a little giddy to see those guys fall from their ivory tower. Its like watching a billionaire declare bankruptcy...its a little fun to see them fall.

In the end, the 4ks will get back to BIS in a heartbeat, and those who couldn't before will still be behind and will still be complaining that the 4k's shut them out of content. The difference in mod 11 will be those 4ks, who probably make up a large portion of the people PAYING for this game....will still feel shafted that the hours upon hours upon hours they spent running BHEs, Fishing, SVAs and FBIs...were disregarded in half a mod. "You don't bite the hand that feeds you."

This is either a casual game, or a hardcore game. You can't go back and forth each mod and expect to keep players.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Everyone complaining about the new weapons making old weapons feel like a waste... now you know exactly how I felt when I bought all regeneration artifacts and made them mythic, just for the next mod to remove regeneration in combat and only allow lifesteal in battle.

I was pissed.. felt I wasted 3000.00 usd.
    Did the devs care?
    Nope.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Everyone complaining about the new weapons making old weapons feel like a waste... now you know exactly how I felt when I bought all regeneration artifacts and made them mythic, just for the next mod to remove regeneration in combat and only allow lifesteal in battle.

I was pissed.. felt I wasted 3000.00 usd.

Did the devs care?

Nope.....

Hear, hear. And my main is an archer-build HR. Mod 6 was the mother of all kicks in the teeth. I was so angry I refused, out of protest, to create a paladin until there was at least some remedy. It's why *all* of my level 70 alts have Drowned weapons, and there is no way in Hades that I'm giving them up without a suitable replacement.

These things happen, and I've learned to take a "wait-and-see" approach to everything gear-related in the game.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    urabask said:

You know usually I'd be fine with stuff like this but I spent months grinding for my relic weapons and the marks to upgrade them.
    Then a guildmate (Peach) is able to restore the new weapons and upgrade them to legendary in less than a week. Just for reference Relic weapons cost around 3.5 million AD worth of mats to restore, had a month long set of dailies to grind (not including the initial 2 months of SKT dailies/weeklies), and then you had to spend more time grinding dailies, HEs, and fishing. Then you grind SVA hundreds of times.

I don't know what Cryptic's excuse will be but a lot of us put a lot of time and resources into obtaining the relic weapons will feel royally HAMSTER over by this.

Didnt you see that coming? Are you new to the game? How many people on the server have and use high level relic weapons? Very few. Somi and relics and vivified are a failure. Even these devs are not stupid enough to repeat the same failure immediately. No, they will wait a few modes just like they waited from the times of Black ice till now to introduce the same rage inducing content.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    What I dislike is content becoming pointless. It has more or less happened with black ice, it has happened with siege PVP, guild stronghold weapons etc.
    For Svardborg this is a double whammy which will make it extinct. 1. You need to use keys whatever is in the box AND 2. there are weapons that are easier to get elsewhere (and certainly easier to upgrade). To be fair on the second it isn't clear how hard it will be to get the second weapons.
    If the new weapons have comparable stats to the relic weapons and don't require special marks then sea of moving ice will be instantly dead. In fact launching this on preview has a lot guildies saying "why bother with relic weapons/somi/sva". Just so you're clear I'm not complaining because I want to pull up the ladder behind me - I'm nearly halfway getting one of my weapons to legendary and about 2/3 of the way to a relic weapon on another toon and I'm seriously wondering what the point is now.
    PLEASE CLARIFY WHAT THE PLAN IS WITH ARTIFACT WEAPONS ASAP.
    A simple solution in the short term would be to introduce the "decline" feature in svardborg solely. I'm sure you can find the relevant code somewhere. If you want to be really picky about it you could have the decline feature apply only to legendary dragon keys (which as far as I can see weren't reduced in price despite what was said at the original announcement?).
    ghoulz66 said:

Regardless of people getting cheated for so much time spent, the DEVs can't just make more campaigns with such a ridiculous amount of grinding involved. Just keep it simple like Underdark and the Dread Ring.

Just leave SKT as the campaign for people who want to be maxed out as much as possible. Let it keep those grindy vivified gear.

And the new weapon's weapon damage should be bumped down to be between twisted and relic. It shouldn't be as powerful. SKT has a T3 dungeon and a raid involved, mod 11 does apparently not have this so why would the weapons be on par?

This is a fairly sensibel suggestion also. I have to agree that there needs to be a limit to the grind. People enjoy having variety. If you look at the dungeon chest change people suddenly started playing content again they hadn't touched in ages. That's gotta be a good thing generally (even if e.g. in the case of skirmishes it has led to a skewing of rewards)
    On reflection - if this is introduced perhaps an easier way of keeping FBI somi relevant is to increase the drop rates of everything. And I do mean everything, lanolin, permafrost shards, relics, fish, etc. to the point where the STK mod isn't so grindy and it will continue to be attractive to people to run while there are also other ways of gearing up. I run 4 characters regularly and have 5 others so I know how alt unfriendly this mod has been. But it also isn't fair to punish people who put time and or money in, and calling those people stupid doesn't help either.
    edited January 2017
    The problem is not that new weapons are upgraded via old marks, that is not the issue. The issue is making the last 1.5 modules completely irrelevant. Mods 10 and 10.5 can be deleted from the servers with this. That is why they just need to make the new weapons upgradeable with new marks, and make them unbound so it's easier for people to obtain stuff. All I want is for the last module to have at least some kind of purpose. I mean, sure, it would be great to have less lag with a whole module (1.5 modules) deleted. But at least it's some content.
    Post edited by vida44 on
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    THE grind for SKT was way to over the top, I was adamant about that from day one, asked, beg, tried to conjole any sort of change, and basically some of you are asking for it to be repicated.

WHY?

BTW those weapons you got will not most likely be inferior for some classes, maybe for others.

SKT shouldve been reduced RIGHT from the start.

THEY should not replicate the grind level again, that grind level was the worst part of this entire game, reduction only means a win for players.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Where are you people getting this idea that everyone that got relic weapons wants everyone to go through that again? I've seen all of one other player say that in the patch notes thread. I know I don't want that. What I want I an ackowledgement by the devs that the disparity in difficulty in obtaining the new weapons justifies some sort of compensation for the time and resouces wasted.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    vida44 said:

Mods 10 and 10.5 can be deleted from the servers with this.

I have to imagine that this would actually make a lot of people very happy. :smiley:

The level of grind in 10/10.5 was unbelievable, and it's likely that they looked at their metrics and finally saw with 10.5 how many people were simply not participating in the content.

It's also likely that MimicKing, who promised changes when he took over, is finally starting to deliver content he had a hand in crafting.

If you survived the grind and got all your new shiney Vivified equipment and Relic weapons, congratulations. It's still very, very nice stuff. I would also hope that you got some satisfaction out of completely those tasks, earning the materials/marks and defeating the hardest encounters in the game. Nothing in Module 11 takes those accomplishments away from you.

But hopefully what Module 11 delivers (and it looks promising so far) is a game experience that the other 99% of players can enjoy.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Justification for time and resources wasted? This notion can be applied to my entire time spent with Neverwinter :D

There have been so many instances when a class we have invested in has been reduced to nothing by nerfs or an item we have invested into getting has been adjusted into oblivion.. Expecting, nay, demanding retribution may seem justified while we are under affect but overall it really isn't. Cryptic gave us the content, Cryptic did not force us to play it.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    How about they just allow people who ground out mod 10.5 weapons, to exchange them for the new ones if they so choose? Will that work for most people?

Also, they STILL should reduce the amount of grind needed for them..

bajeebus hamster master us all..

Mod 10 , was the lowest point of this game, in terms of game play (outside of fbi, fun, though totally non rewarding content)

Anything that goes away from that, is a plus to me.

I dont think new mod will even go far enough.. im sure it wont in fact.