Options

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    diloul31 said:

In Destiny...

That's Destiny, where players pay for expansions, meaning the developers/publishers could be in a different position than those of Neverwinter, a free to play game.

they should cut in half the requirements to make keys for the "lesser" dungeons which I consider elol and below. So make it half the time and half the resources to make a key for those dungeons. This solves some of the problem (for not vet max players).

For maxed out players (running CN and up) they should allow us to create something like a legendary key that allows us to open chests in any of the dungeons. Keep it the same amount of time to create as now but not as much resource.
    The problem I see with these type of suggestions is that they diminish the value of playing the game and would create a snowball effect. You would have "vet" players doing half the effort for a key or doing the same amount of effort for two keys, either way they will more than likely still log off after using their available keys. Other players would argue that if the requirements for the keys is reduced, the requirements for other things should be reduced as well (snowball effect).

Ah, and here you show that you truely did not get what most of us are talking about. Perhaps re-read the posts again? Noone claimed that you HAVE TO open the chests to get something or that bosses NEVER drop anything good. I always wrote "more often than not" the player gets not properly rewarded. But - once again - in D&D the player is supposed to get rewarded for EVERY dungeon run
    I have seen, read and discussed a number things covered here with a number of people and it pretty much amounts to the same thing "I care very little about the other content, I only do dungeons and the rare drop rate isn't to my liking". That pretty much sums it up right? When asked about what they do for their Guild a lot of players had little to state.

What about Cryptic's own statement that "time" is considered a currency equivalent to real cash.

That is how you perceive the statement, not that I disagree with it, though that statement is open to interpretation and just like investments, if a person invests in the wrong thing they can lose or make less.

Example 1 Dungeon Route

Let's say a player is seeking the Shard of Orcus Wand, has a Greater Demonic key and invests 1 hour gathering the materials to craft another, starts the tasks, runs CN, takes 1 hour, doesn't get the drop off Boss or chest and logs off. Logs on the next day, gathers materials, starts key, runs CN and doesn't get the shard and does this 30 times, on the 30th time they get the Shard of Orcus Wand valued at 5m AD (roughly equivalent to 166,666 AD or 555 Zen or $5.99 per day). It took that player over 27 days to accomplish their goal.

Example 2 AD Route

Let's say another player has the same goal, invests 1 hour during a play session and accrues 150k AD doing professions, dungeons, skirmishes, on one character and professions twice a day on another character as well and got 360k AD from that one, total that player gained 510,000 AD ($16.99 or 1700 Zen) and does this for 10 days (5.1m AD) and buys a SoOW (valued at 5m AD). By investing their time differently it granted them the room to gain more and accomplish their goal in less time.

Neither player is wrong for going at it their way though mathematically some courses of action can be seen as more promising.

going to post screen caps of drops i get today after the update is finished for ps4, if that is ok, in this thread. the only epic dungeons i don't do are crag/wolf and fbi(too low).
    I hope you have previous ones to compare the new ones to...

So, I think we players on PS4 should use this Google Sheet to record what we get from our dungeons. Anyone can edit the document and I expect it to get quite long very quickly. Let's see what changed and if anyone gets better and/or interesting rewards.
    Good idea, screenshots or it didn't happen though (LoL). Pretty much from this point and for quite some time players may want to screenshot/record dungeon runs to help prove/disprove any of the announced loot changes. Would be even better if players had tons of ones from the previous update.

@trinity706#8838 Well, I'd say to this nonsense that:

-if the devs don't want us to focus on dungeons and skirmishes, then they shouldn't make them the sole source of rough ad revenue (not to mention pretty much the main way to regularly get rewards other than refinables).
    - That I've seen how lukewarm and unengaging the vast majority of the endgame areas are. Static maps with a "to do" list of activities is anything but compelling gameplay, especially when stretched over the course of months.

My argument isn't nor has been to not focus on dungeons at all but to shift focus (in part) to other aspects of the game that give tangible non-RNG factored results if players feels that they aren't getting the drops they want out of it. I have clearly stated "primarily" focusing on dungeons. Seeing as the rate of dungeon drops is a major portion of the argument a lot of players are trying to make professions arguably can and do produce more AD on a consistent basis than dungeon/skirmish drops/chests. Players have a higher chance of buying a SoOW using various aspects of the game than getting it in a dungeon and if they want to get the drop to sell they have a higher chance of accruing the same amount AD (if not more) using those same aspects of the game.

The "Static maps with a "to do" list of activities is anything but compelling gameplay" areas you are referring to contain daily quests that provide currency to craft dungeon keys as well as Guild vouchers and or donate directly to the coffer, if these areas are not "compelling" (the quests/task themselves not really, but the reward from them yes) being that they are vital to the Stronghold and crafting dungeon keys, how else will those currencies be obtained (rhetorical)? If "your" Guild isn't rank 20 or "you" aren't willing to fund it to that point those daily quest, currency containing zones will remain relevant no matter how far away players try to push the Guild portion of the game.

ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    As another expressed, RNG is RNG. I'm glad many of you are getting nice drops. Seems a lot of my guild/alliance mates are getting tons of nice things too, as is my partner.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. Five days of running multiples of each of CN, FBI, mSVA, eCC, VT, eGWD, DLx14, KR, eSOT, eToS, eLOL, eSOT, POM and nDemo, I've gotten a Pale Horse BoE, an Emblem of the Seldarine BtA, and a Symbol of Earth BtA. Three items for dozens of keys, one of which I can sell for 15k, the other two I won't use.

I'm trying to stay optimistic but in truth I can't help feeling embittered, angry and disheartened. This mimicks my experience with the Horn taking a year to drop for me. Some accounts are unlucky, I guess. For the first time in three years, my mind is wandering to other games I have been puttting off.
  • Options
    muramune99#1335 muramune99 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Why doesn't the Thayan Lair Keys go into the "Useful Items" tab, but the Dark Fey Key does?
  • Options
    downesy#8045 downesy Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Press rb twice on your inventory....your welcome
  • Options
    DEVS if you are listening or even bother reading some comments on here youll see how affected people are by the key "bug" change it has angered ALOT of players (some of which are already toying with the idea of finding another game and others already are looking for new games to play)

If for some reason your planning on keeping this aweful idea and NOT listening to the players why dont you revert back to how neverwinter used to be where every 2/3 hours you would have dungeon delves where you wouldnt require a key to open the box at the end of the dungeon maybe just maybe this might keep your fanbase.

You now need to please your players and not your bank accounts because without the players interested in the game players dont buy zen no zen means no money. Interest is where your money is made what you have to do now is make your players happy and keep them interested not punish them.
  • Options
    thegrimner#3435 thegrimner Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2017

-if the devs don't want us to focus on dungeons and skirmishes, then they shouldn't make them the sole source of rough ad revenue (not to mention pretty much the main way to regularly get rewards other than refinables).
    - That I've seen how lukewarm and unengaging the vast majority of the endgame areas are. Static maps with a "to do" list of activities is anything but compelling gameplay, especially when stretched over the course of months.

My argument isn't nor has been to not focus on dungeons at all but to shift focus (in part) to other aspects of the game that give tangible non-RNG factored results if players feels that they aren't getting the drops they want out of it. I have clearly stated "primarily" focusing on dungeons. Seeing as the rate of dungeon drops is a major portion of the argument a lot of players are trying to make professions arguably can and do produce more AD on a consistent basis than dungeon/skirmish drops/chests. Players have a higher chance of buying a SoOW using various aspects of the game than getting it in a dungeon and if they want to get the drop to sell they have a higher chance of accruing the same amount AD (if not more) using those same aspects of the game.

The "Static maps with a "to do" list of activities is anything but compelling gameplay" areas you are referring to contain daily quests that provide currency to craft dungeon keys as well as Guild vouchers and or donate directly to the coffer, if these areas are not "compelling" (the quests/task themselves not really, but the reward from them yes) being that they are vital to the Stronghold and crafting dungeon keys, how else will those currencies be obtained (rhetorical)? If "your" Guild isn't rank 20 or "you" aren't willing to fund it to that point those daily quest, currency containing zones will remain relevant no matter how far away players try to push the Guild portion of the game.

so, I say the vast majority of the content outside dungeons is tedious and unrewarding and my main pleasure from the game comes from running dungeons and seeking loot, and your solution is "run more of that tedious and unrewarding content" and even adding more busywork I didn't originally think of.

Anyway, moving on.

So far, on ps4,

2 Lostmauths gave me a piece of alliance armor dropping from the dragon (one per run), one necklace, 30 seals and 3 green resonance stones from 1st legendary chest, one waistband, 30 seals and 1 greater thaumaturgic stone from the second. Epic chest keys yielded black ice enchantments and pieces of alliance gear.

1 valindra gave me 30 seal and 1 alliance ring from both chests, no boss drop.

1 kessel's gave me some black ice and alliance gear.

1 ESoT gave me an alliance drop from Garakas, regular alliance drop from epic chest.

2 regular gold demos gave me 1 +2 ring as a regular reward and a +1 from chest, the other a +1 from regular and a +3 defense and flawless saphire.

That makes it 2 Elol and 1 Valindra keys used with NOTHING to show for it.

@mimicking#6533, you fixed HAMSTER.

edit: ran another elol, an ETOS, Valindra and kessel's. One of my guildmates got an owlbear cub, the rest got the exact same old HAMSTER. This is *not* a good tradeoff.
    Post edited by thegrimner#3435 on
  • Options
    cortown715#2691 cortown715 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Moving on is right.instead of a couple chances to see if i get something now i can chance it and waste my key effectively ending my day of playing the game.good move.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    I laugh when players foreshadow that they are going to/interested in other games, not a very good scare tactic :wink:
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    cattman5 said:

They are in a new tab on the inventory window.

Corrected - The useful items tab grows to accomodate certain items... and the slots don't become visible until they are used... a little confusing but -

an "A" for effort and an upgraded solid "B+" for execution IMO
    Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~
  • Options
    jerichodsm#4229 jerichodsm Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Downesy.....YOU ROCK!!! Thanks for your speedy response and help!! I really love the game and fe.t so disheartened and betrayed when I thought the keys were taken from me. THANKS AGAIN!!!
  • Options
    cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    The tab grows to what is needed. Mine has about 16 slots.
  • Options
    havocwolf1973havocwolf1973 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    All i ask is dont make everything bound
    Havocwolf-Dragoons of legend
  • Options
    mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Well i got unbound companion worth 400k from etos, so not everything is bound.
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    From my experience too yesterday and the people in my groups/team.

3 cn x5 people = 30 chests openened not to mention boss and we had absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like usual...

Oh yeah i got a +4 def ring but i already have 3 or 4 of them and its binded...

Before the update i almost always got +4 rings from orcus chest, this kind of rings was never rare for me...

That being said, there is many little tweaks not very visible at first ( like better descriptions, ect..)
    And for that i must say good work... For the rest well...

I can't care less about slots keys freed by new tab because i dont have keys, i will not stack keys since it require more grinding and will not buy keys...

So imo, the new tab keys is absolutely useless.. Still imo, it's a form of insult from Cryptic.

Did they thought people are gona buy thousands of key of every dunjeon and will need a lot of space to store them ?

How about you give a free tab to store :
    - a dozen of different r5s binded, binded to character, not binded
    - same with r6s, r7s
    - same with runes
    - same with stones of everykind
    - old garbage used to refine weapons artefacts
    -ect ect ect

That what i hate about Cryptic, making you think they made you a favor with the key slots freed when now we will have less keys than before...
    They say thats its to help us free space ( you got some nerve lol)

How about you give a free 36 slots bags instead or a free stones/enchants bag or tab if you really wanted to help us ?

How i m suposed to store all that refinement stuff until march ?
    You realise people need to store that for x2 event and the next one is way too far...

Another stupid idea from Cryptic to keep people until then and push to us to buy bags from market.

So yh tanks for the useless tab that will contain maximum 1 key of each dunjeon if you crafted them and will disapear a few hours later when used on donjons anyway or a stach bought that take only one slot...
    Thanks for that really... But please don't treat us like fools by saying "it's to help you free space"

Yh Hamster... You had so many ways to achieve that for real, it's absolutely not yout intention to help us with that.
  • Options
    I think trinity must be the one who decided to bring in this key change because out of the WHOLE forum they are the only one who think its a good idea and is arguing over every single point why dont you face it when everyone commenting tells you your wrong and disgagrees with everything you are saying maybe you should start to think hmmmmm.....maybe im wrong here.

As for the laugh when players want to leave i was being nice alot of players ARE leaving and top players at that cryptic need to open their eyes and move quick cause they have killed the fun in this game now
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    So far I got this
    unbound +5% HP companion (unbound) (1 x DR skirmish)
    unbound Orcus Shard (15 x CN) (as I considered buying this I already reduced expenses by 3.5m due to the price drop from 5m to 1.5m AD; finding it in the CN loot reduced expenses by another 1.5m)
    one other nice wearable spidery tunic BtA/BtC (3 x eTOS)

This is much more than all the runs I did in the last 6 months combined.
    I do not consider me finding a +5 ring in eSVA (the one with regeneration) as good loot.

So, for me, this is an improvement. I just fear that the drop rates will be "adjusted slightly" (tuned back to last week) on Thursday.
    Obviously I would have preferred this drop rate and peeking, but given the choice of "peeking and no abysmal drop rate" or the current system, the current system wins in my book as long as they do not "adjust" the drop rate.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    diloul31 said:

From my experience too yesterday and the people in my groups/team.

3 cn x5 people = 30 chests openened not to mention boss and we had absolute HAMSTER like usual...

Oh yeah i got a +4 def ring but i already have 3 or 4 of them and its binded...

Before the update i almost always got +4 rings from orcus chest, this kind of rings was never rare for me...

That being said, there is many little tweaks not very visible at first ( like better descriptions, ect..)

And for that i must say good work... For the rest well...

I can't care less about slots keys freed by new tab because i dont have keys, i will not stack keys since it require more grinding and will not buy keys...

So imo, the new tab keys is absolutely useless.. Still imo, it's a form of insult from Cryptic.

Did they thought people are gona buy thousands of key of every dunjeon and will need a lot of space to store them ?

How about you give a free tab to store :

- a dozen of different r5s binded, binded to character, not binded

- same with r6s, r7s

- same with runes

- same with stones of everykind

- old garbage used to refine weapons artefacts

-ect ect ect

That what i hate about Cryptic, making you think they made you a favor with the key slots freed when now we will have less keys than before...

They say thats its to help us free space ( you got some nerve lol)

How about you give a free 36 slots bags instead or a free stones/enchants bag or tab if you really wanted to help us ?

How i m suposed to store all that refinement stuff until march ?

You realise people need to store that for x2 event and the next one is way too far...

Another stupid idea from Cryptic to keep people until then and push to us to buy bags from market.

So yh tanks for the useless tab that will contain maximum 1 key of each dunjeon if you crafted them and will disapear a few hours later when used on donjons anyway or a stach bought that take only one slot...

Thanks for that really... But please don't treat us like fools by saying "it's to help you free space"

Yh Hamster... You had so many ways to achieve that for real, it's absolutely not yout intention to help us with that.

Sorry but I have to ask...why are you using word "donjons" ?
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    havocwolf1973havocwolf1973 Member Posts: 9 Arc User

I logged in after the update sea of moving ice and all my keys are gone!!! I spent hard earned money on those keys and spent DAYS crafting some and now they are all gone! This is absolutely the worst customer service I have ever recieved! I bought you key packs for over $21.00 dollars of keys and you take them away! This is truly terrible. In all I have spent over $500.00 dollars in zen in a years time. I am so angry you make me want tojust quit or hire legal response for charging for something and not providing service for it.

Look in the useful item tab next to riches
    Havocwolf-Dragoons of legend
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

Example 1 Dungeon Route

Let's say a player is seeking the Shard of Orcus Wand, has a Greater Demonic key and invests 1 hour gathering the materials to craft another, starts the tasks, runs CN, takes 1 hour, doesn't get the drop off Boss or chest and logs off. Logs on the next day, gathers materials, starts key, runs CN and doesn't get the shard and does this 30 times, on the 30th time they get the Shard of Orcus Wand valued at 5m AD (roughly equivalent to 166,666 AD or 555 Zen or $5.99 per day). It took that player over 27 days to accomplish their goal.

5mio for orcus shard? Any one see how fast the price dropped? Do you think orcus is the only thing that dropped so fast? So what you gonna do with all the "new" good stuff in the chests if no one will buy them?

• Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I only had a couple hours yesterday to play but here is what I saw. Seem like the drop rates were better, and shard of orcus was plentiful and that is a good thing I think. I don't believe this new BiS artifact should be 5 million AD (on Xbox) when the previous one, Lostmauth was and has been for a long time, 400K AD. Although it does feel a little less special now, but lots of players need this artifact so it should be plentiful. I think that is good.

We were after some rings from Prophecy of Madness. We ran three times, and the drop rates seemed a little better I guess, hard to say with only three runs, but after 3 runs I was out of keys. So I quit running and kicked off a new key. 20 hours later I can run one more and make one more key and maybe rinse and repeat but I will run out of currency to make more keys, so effectively I will not be running this any more. Basically this change is going to make me not run content as I cannot get the reward for running it and one run will not yield enough for one more key. So I guess this will free up time for me to go off to do other things.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    tuesdayrolld20tuesdayrolld20 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

Sorry but I have to ask...why are you using word "donjons" ?

It is the way of spelling 'dungeon' in French.
    Miri Droverson

• Options
    thegrimner#3435 thegrimner Member Posts: 66 Arc User

I only had a couple hours yesterday to play but here is what I saw. Seem like the drop rates were better, and shard of orcus was plentiful and that is a good thing I think. I don't believe this new BiS artifact should be 5 million AD (on Xbox) when the previous one, Lostmauth was and has been for a long time, 400K AD. Although it does feel a little less special now, but lots of players need this artifact so it should be plentiful. I think that is good.

We were after some rings from Prophecy of Madness. We ran three times, and the drop rates seemed a little better I guess, hard to say with only three runs, but after 3 runs I was out of keys. So I quit running and kicked off a new key. 20 hours later I can run one more and make one more key and maybe rinse and repeat but I will run out of currency to make more keys, so effectively I will not be running this any more. Basically this change is going to make me not run content as I cannot get the reward for running it and one run will not yield enough for one more key. So I guess this will free up time for me to go off to do other things.

The one area where I can say for sure that drop rates are improved is the bosses themselves. Lostmauth, Valindra, Garakas, all of them frequently drop something, though it was all salvage for me thus far. This is not entirely bad, especially for someone who, like me, runs a few alts, but it doesn't change the fact that I have burned through 8 special chest keys and got very poor loot out of every single one of them. This comes as especially egregious after having quite recently seen the horn of blasting or the hoard necklace drop from eithe the boss or the "regular" epic chests.

I mean, at the end of the day, all this change is convincing me is that legendary keys are a terrible value for money proposition. There's nothing cool, unique or engaging to be gained from buying them, and all cryptic achieved was to diminish my joy out of running the dungeons.
  • Options
    ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    got every one of the ones i mentioned done yesterday except tuern, and elol twice, but i can't figure out how to directly paste images in this format so i'll post a few links in a few moments now.

as for the question of if it was improved enough to not need a peek, you can be the judge, and keep in mind i had 3 saved up keys+1 daily to use
    im actually the gwf carry
  • Options
    dratomic1#3275 dratomic1 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Sooooo, although the sample is very limited, it is showing exactly what the issue is:

Sample size: 4 Regular Demo runs
    Zen price: 340
    Key pack price: 300 zen
    Converted key price: 20400 AD ((300/5)*340)
    Total value of chests: 13000 AD (refined)
    Total cost of chests: 81600 AD
    Net Result: MINUS 68600 AD

Drops:
    1x +1 ring worth 2200 rough AD or 1400 refined
    2x +3 ring worth 4400 rough AD or 2900 refined
    1x +4 ring worth 4400 rough AD or 2900 refined
    3x Peridot worth 600 refined
    1x Aquamarine worth 1100 refined
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2017

so, I say the vast majority of the content outside dungeons is tedious and unrewarding and my main pleasure from the game comes from running dungeons and seeking loot, and your solution is "run more of that tedious and unrewarding content" and even adding more busywork I didn't originally think of.

Anyway, moving on.

So far, on ps4,

2 Lostmauths gave me a piece of alliance armor dropping from the dragon (one per run), one necklace, 30 seals and 3 green resonance stones from 1st legendary chest, one waistband, 30 seals and 1 greater thaumaturgic stone from the second. Epic chest keys yielded black ice enchantments and pieces of alliance gear.

1 valindra gave me 30 seal and 1 alliance ring from both chests, no boss drop.

1 kessel's gave me some black ice and alliance gear.

1 ESoT gave me an alliance drop from Garakas, regular alliance drop from epic chest.

2 regular gold demos gave me 1 +2 ring as a regular reward and a +1 from chest, the other a +1 from regular and a +3 defense and flawless saphire.

That makes it 2 Elol and 1 Valindra keys used with NOTHING to show for it.

@mimicking#6533, you fixed HAMSTER.

edit: ran another elol, an ETOS, Valindra and kessel's. One of my guildmates got an owlbear cub, the rest got the exact same old HAMSTER. This is *not* a good tradeoff.
    this echos my experience. in all reality the types of extra drops are great. no problem with them. they are dropping for people and that's great and fun but the bigger problem of the average run not being worth a key and the fun drops being just that. valueless to most but fun... don't solve any problems of keeping players in the game by giving a point to running the dungeons when they start to cost too dear. imo I'd be happy to see a rank 7 or 8 in each chest and the occasional superior potency and greater potency and that kind of thing showing up.
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    CNx6 and Demo x 1, I got the same old trash in 6 out of 7 runs, I think the results need to be consistently better. All three of the decent things I got in the good run are account bound, 1 was a death slaad I will try out on an alt, one was a belt of wisdom but I'm already running a valindra's belt, so I can't use it, the last was a sudden crit +5, which is a great ring, but it's replacing a +4 and I'll have to make a jewel kit for 100k + supplies for it.

At this rate I'd have to spend $3.00 a day on keys as I can't make more than one greater demonic per day, I can't really justify spending $100 a month on keys for this game. Whatever happened to the key price drop the devs stated when they first talked about this change? Forget the .50 cents off, I think they need to make it 20 keys for $3.00.
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    The increased drop rate of the Legendary Rings in U

Sooooo, although the sample is very limited, it is showing exactly what the issue is:

Sample size: 4 Regular Demo runs
    Zen price: 340
    Key pack price: 300 zen
    Converted key price: 20400 AD ((300/5)*340)
    Total value of chests: 13000 AD (refined)
    Total cost of chests: 81600 AD
    Net Result: MINUS 68600 AD

Drops:
    1x +1 ring worth 2200 rough AD or 1400 refined
    2x +3 ring worth 4400 rough AD or 2900 refined
    1x +4 ring worth 4400 rough AD or 2900 refined
    3x Peridot worth 600 refined
    1x Aquamarine worth 1100 refined

#1 you are not counting the AD gained from doing the daily dungeon runs!
    #2 There is no need to make dungeon running a lucractive AD income method, there is TOO MUCH AD GENERATION ALREADY.
    Why do you think prices continually rose over at least the last 1.5 years. Although things have changed one thing remains the same. PEOPLE MAKE TOO MUCH.
    #3 Dungeon keys are obviously an AD sink, meaning you pay for over doing them. I don't see what's wrong with that.
    Having a key that doesn't get used up and spamming dungeons is RIDICULOUS and should not be allowed anyway. Never would fly in a tabletop game. It creates all sorts of problems unique to online games.