test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to solve the key problem easily

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
1) There are only four kinds of keys: Epic keys, normal keys, VIP keys and legendary dragon keys. Campaign currency keys are now epic keys.
2) VIP keys work on everything including Svardborg chests.
3) Legendary Dragon keys come with the option to decline loot.
4) If a chest fails to drop either an artifact, a legendary mark or a +5 ring it drops an epic key that lasts for 24 hours.
5) +5 rings are not random drops but are either up to the player or can be exchanged for a _5 ring of the player's choice.

Done.

Without insulting the player base's intelligence.

Without blatantly ignoring player feedback.

But of course we know that will never happen.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    It obviates the need to run specific content in order to produce specific keys for specific dungeons.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    greywynd said:

It obviates the need to run specific content in order to produce specific keys for specific dungeons.

Yes. That's part of the point.
  • pmswithagunpmswithagun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Personally I believe this not being able to peek in chests is going to kill this game. I've done demo until I know I could do that dungeon drunk+high+dead asleep and I've never gotten close to getting a girdle or +5 ring that would be an upgrade for my char. CN is the same way. Now with having to farm for keys to get nothing but +2 rings over and over, it's not going to happen. I would have to hear from others that the drop rate has greatly improved or I won't even bother. Seems the players keep losing more and more game content with each patch. Now all the so called updates seem only to benefit the company's bottom line and the players just continue to lose. As a result I've recently started researching other games and believe 2017 has some good ones coming up.

Yes. That's part of the point.

Which is why it won't happen.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    The problem is already easily resolved. If you do not want to run Sharandar, don't plan on running Malabog's Castle. Same with the other zones/dungeons.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    An even easier solution is to bring back the Dungeon Delves hour, that alone would be enough (for me at least) to make up for this mess...
  • butterflyofhopebutterflyofhope Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Personally, I only thought that they should just reduce the time/resources required to make each key xD But this seems like an idea too o.,o
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2017

1) There are only four kinds of keys: Epic keys, normal keys, VIP keys and legendary dragon keys. Campaign currency keys are now epic keys.
    4) If a chest fails to drop either an artifact, a legendary mark or a +5 ring it drops an epic key that lasts for 24 hours.
    5) +5 rings are not random drops but are either up to the player or can be exchanged for a _5 ring of the player's choice.

Done.

If legendary keys were patched with the option to decline loot I'd be fairly okay with the rest of the current system. I do think this is better because right now people are all in different directions about the dungeons they are willing to run given which keys they have access to and this probably will get much worse with time. Giving the campaign keys more versatility would be great.
  • kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User

Done.

+10,000,000
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
    greywynd said:

The problem is already easily resolved. If you do not want to run Sharandar, don't plan on running Malabog's Castle. Same with the other zones/dungeons.

Then you obviously don't share the same idea of what the key problem is or understand the definition of the word, 'resolved.' The problem is that we're being cheated because VIP keys don't work in places like Svardborg or CN and we're being forced to grind SOMI endlessly if we want the last tiny fraction of stats form our weapons (I'm opting out until this is fixed). The problem is that Cryptic lied when they said they were going to fix the problems created by forcing players to accept loot and spend keys. "Resolved" would mean that the problem is over and there's a solution, not the pointless Cryptic grind-to-craft-keys boredom. And by the way, we're all aware of how it works, so your comment is completely pointless and nonproductive.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Make keys more universal is an obvious change that should (and probably could) have been done with this change. Several users/sites called for it and it makes so much sense that my brain hurts. Imho we also need Choice Packs for any +4/+5 Rings and Legendary Svardborg Marks, because farming those is a HAMSTER pain now. How about making Trials eligible for daily ADs now that your runs are limited?

Just a lackluster effort by Cryptic to push through their hard limit of two dungeons per day and zero willingness / anticipation to improve associated systems.

Then you obviously don't share the same idea of what the key problem is or understand the definition of the word, 'resolved.' The problem is that we're being cheated because VIP keys don't work in places like Svardborg or CN and we're being forced to grind SOMI endlessly if we want the last tiny fraction of stats form our weapons (I'm opting out until this is fixed). The problem is that Cryptic lied when they said they were going to fix the problems created by forcing players to accept loot and spend keys. "Resolved" would mean that the problem is over and there's a solution, not the pointless Cryptic grind-to-craft-keys boredom. And by the way, we're all aware of how it works, so your comment is completely pointless and nonproductive.

Much like yours.

I am fully aware of this "problem". Fixing the original bug was apparently so low on the priority list that exploiting it became business as usual. Which is leading to the problem that some of the player base has.

You do not have to accept the loot. In fact there is a blurb that pops up telling you that you will use X key, do you wish to continue? You can always decline the use of the key and save it for later. You just don't know what you're passing up now.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    greywynd wrote: »
    I am fully aware of this "problem". Fixing the original bug was apparently so low on the priority list that exploiting it became business as usual. Which is leading to the problem that some of the player base has.

That's wrong. "Exploiting" was a symptom, the problem was and partially still is the bad loot based on RNG. If the system went live without peeking, it wouldn't have survived a mod without a massive rage from the community. The loot system only ever worked because you could peek.​​
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Much like yours.

You do not have to accept the loot. In fact there is a blurb that pops up telling you that you will use X key, do you wish to continue? You can always decline the use of the key and save it for later. You just don't know what you're passing up now.
    lol! OF COURSE there is this awesome choice to not use the key...nobody forces me...I can instead just ogle the chest mistrustfully, maybe sniff it a little, kick it softly, and then make the totally informed choice not to open that one because no reason. See, feanor, there is no "problem" and thus why would you search for a solution?:D

greywynd said:

Much like yours.

lol! OF COURSE there is this awesome choice to not use the key...nobody forces me...I can instead just ogle the chest mistrustfully, maybe sniff it a little, kick it softly, and then make the totally informed choice not to open that one because no reason. See, feanor, there is no "problem" and thus why would you search for a solution?:D
    Yeah, he's a pointless troll who isn't even funny, so I've stopped responding to him.