test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Storm King's Thunder: Sea of Moving Ice

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch notes for the Sea of Moving Ice update can be found here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/10358343

Comments

• muffinpuffinzmuffinpuffinz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    @nitocris83 is it accurate that the dungeon key changes previously announced for consol will NOT be included in today's release?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@nitocris83 is it accurate that the dungeon key changes previously announced for consol will NOT be included in today's release?

Dungeon key changes are included in today's patch - it's in the patch notes as well.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • spook58#6982 spook58 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Why is it you feel content with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the tank classes over and over?
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Awesome patch notes, I am happy to see they are combined and thorough. I forgot how much stuff was in this update, good luck!
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • muffinpuffinzmuffinpuffinz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Thanks for the clarification. The wording in the patch notes is not as straightforward
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    "With all the player feedback from the initial Dungeon Key Changes announcement, we delayed the change in order to bundle it with a significant update to endgame dungeon rewards"

The patch notes actually says it's not in this patch, but has been delayed, given the fact that we have never had any "initial Dungon Key Changes annuncement" on consoles...
    Post edited by mightyeriksson on
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Its clearly a clerical error from the copy/paste process from pc patch notes... where they were delayed, but are live now as it is on console.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    WHATEVER pointless BS you guys did with these:

Visual Effects (VFX)

Camera shake has been reduced for various visual effects.
    Camera shake has been removed from various visual effects when the player is not the target of powers that display these effects.
    The intent of this change is to reduce the amount of unexpected screen / camera shake during normal gameplay in certain areas while other players are fighting nearby.
    Visual impact should be unchanged for players using abilities or being hit by those abilities.

I can confirm now for the Xbox One if you change the shaking to OFF in the options menu and save with X yes, as soon as you change characters in return to it the shaking is back, so the option turning it off IS NOT WORKING properly or rather not at all as soon as you switch characters. It only works after you turned it off and only for the time you playing it without logging out. NEEDS A FIX!!! Getting headaches with this shaking camera, had it turned off ever since day 1.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    we are now all shaking, shaking, shaking~~~~~~ please fix this.
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    The patch notes refer to an option to see last online and a fix for it, we don't seem to have this on Xbox. I was hopeful that we would have such a feature as it is difficult to manage inactive players in guild roster.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I don't have any ALTs - I only run one character - and I see the camera shake bug also. Was thrown off by it until I went hunting around in options, I think I turned off camera shake on the first day and forgot it was even possible.

So it's not just switching characters, it's logging in as any character at all.
  • spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Also, I tried to look up exactly what's being referenced when the patch notes talk about "removal of legacy set bonuses", i.e. pre-module-6 set bonuses. I looked through here and here and didn't see a list. Should I just get this from trawling through other wikipedia-style info for NW or is there just a short list to go over?

I'm invested in dragonflight gear and just enough dusk gear for its bonus, so if the set bonuses for those are changing for some reason it'd be good to figure out what to move to next that ISN'T the voninblod grind...
  • myrinxmyrinx Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    This rumor about dusk eq keeps floating around. The removal that you are talking about already happened (on PC but apparently not Xbox?) and does NOT include Dusk gear even though its listed as "legacy" in the store. Dusk is Mod 8 eq. and, as you pointed out, the gear in question is pre-mod 6.
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    The legacy sets they are referring to are pre-mod 6. They are lv. 60 gear. ie, High Vizier, Knights Captain, High Prophet, etc

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• carnjacarnja Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    When is the xbox getting the update that fixes the issues that have been fixed on PlayStation 4 in patch: NW.70.20161205a.11?

Example Armour Classes to the new dungeon gear
  • gubaliciousgubalicious Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    For the zulkir dreadnought armor can you give a description of the dead companion bonuses please?
  • thornbr1ngerthornbr1nger Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Has the Xbox gotten the patch yet to fix the missing AC from the new chest pieces added ie. Lifesilk spinneret?
  • iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Why is Xbox still not getting the recent patch fix yet @nitocris83 ? its been 3 weeks now... (Quest trail missing, texture turn red green sometimes, options resetting during char switch/logout, new armor without AC)

Did someone forgotten to push the patch or something? PS4 got it 3 weeks back during maintenance.
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
    I'm upset that ps4 got it before xbox1. WTH! PC getting it 1st is a no brainer. but PS4 and no reason or date given for Xbox 1? I guess that they lost so many xbox people already from their poor decisions that they think it's better to take care of ps4 1st to limit the damage on their newer client base. Ridiculous. The key update sure rolled out on time though.
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    You guys forget to put some patch notes? =D
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Have we gotten the AC fix to the new armor yet on Xbox? My new armor still has no AC.... @nitocris83 and Jarls Gaze is still IL 150, also does it have to be unbound to get the fix? I'm hoping I didn't waste a armor reinforcement kit....
    No fix yet and not even an answer from anyone about when we are getting the patch both PS4 and PC got almost a month ago.
    They are probably more worried about the crit severity problem they seem to have at the moment lol
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Have we gotten the AC fix to the new armor yet on Xbox? My new armor still has no AC.... @nitocris83 and Jarls Gaze is still IL 150, also does it have to be unbound to get the fix? I'm hoping I didn't waste a armor reinforcement kit....

It arrived with yesterday's update - my Brigandine armor is now AC14 :smiley:
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Yeah and mine is 6.... pretty disappointing to grind for a specific piece put a armor reinforcement kit on it only to not get the proper rating....
This discussion has been closed.