test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sold a quest item by mistake - what to do now?

HI - I'm doing 'searching the present' - a lvl 21 quest. You need to use a scrying orb that you get through the 'benign order of the third eye' campaign. I can't find the orb in my inventory/bank so I think I must have sold it to a merchant thinking it was a normal 'weapon' orb. Is there a way to get another one?

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    First a question - Did you put it on your consumable slot?

1. Try going back to the vendor and see if he still have the sold item in the tab of stuff you sold him. If not...
    2. Try asking someone to share the quest that give the orb to you again - if it's shareable.
    3. Drop and retake the quest.....?
    4. File a report ticket
    5. Worst case, if that item can be banked in shared bank - create a new char - level it up to lvl X to get the quest and put it in the bank.. then delete the char :)
    6. If not, just delete the char and start over if it's not too much of an investment.
    Post edited by ichimaruginx on
  • neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Its not in my consumable slots, I'll try the other things - thanks :)
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    I had this happen once as well... I accidentally sold the orb and was pretty much stuck at that point.

As it was a new character I just deleted and re-created as there didn't seem to be any way to get another orb from Sybella.

I am not sure why that orb isn't marked as no-sell, of all the things in the game that are flagged "no sell" and "no discard" you'd think a quest item that you can't get again would be one of those things. Apparently not!
    @samaka#2511

I am not sure why that orb isn't marked as no-sell, of all the things in the game that are flagged "no sell" and "no discard" you'd think a quest item that you can't get again would be one of those things. Apparently not!

Yeah it even has a pricing of 95 coppers LOL
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    There was a point where people were posting them on the AH. Can you find it there? Check consumables and misc as I forget how it categorized.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

There was a point where people were posting them on the AH. Can you find it there? Check consumables and misc as I forget how it categorized.

Nice catch. It's in Consumables - Potions & Supplies

reference: https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-auction/?orb
    dupeks said:

Thanks for this info... that is fantastic to know, though who sells the orb when you can get a nice 12-slot bag with it? ;)
    @samaka#2511
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    If you put the orb in the mail before going to turn the quest in and then pick it back up after, you still get the reward. There isn't any real advantage to doing so, but a few of my characters have them in belt slots as a toy, and to keep from having random potions, invoke crowns etc... slotting in automatically.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    pitshade said:

If you put the orb in the mail before going to turn the quest in and then pick it back up after, you still get the reward. There isn't any real advantage to doing so, but a few of my characters have them in belt slots as a toy, and to keep from having random potions, invoke crowns etc... slotting in automatically.

Another mystery solved! This is why you have to stop every 2nd quest turn in ... you kept all the quest items from leveling!
    I only keep useful stuff like the Cape of Catastrophe or the Cloak of Lesser Etherealness - important items!

As for the problem at hand by the OP, maybe someone can lend you an orb?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    Ok, so I've done the quest on one of my lowly alts. If you are still in need of the orb, i'll mail it over - with your @handle ofc ^^
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

dupeks said:

Thanks for this info... that is fantastic to know, though who sells the orb when you can get a nice 12-slot bag with it? ;)
    Somebody who already had a full set of bigger bags when they did the campaign
    I wish I had a full set of bigger bag at that level!

But, yes, I suppose there are those why buy a set of larger bags for themselves... but then you'd think they wouldn't care about the paltry sum of AD from selling the orb! ;)
    @samaka#2511

dupeks said:

Actually - the item remain in your inventory if you mail it or put in shared bank before you turn in the quest - so you can still complete the last part of the quest which gives the bag AND keep the item :)
  • neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User

Ok, so I've done the quest on one of my lowly alts. If you are still in need of the orb, i'll mail it over - with your @handle ofc ^^

Thanks for the offer :smile: I already got a ticket completed by the GMs though and they gave me it back.
    That's good to hear! Glad it's resolved :smile:
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I know several people who keep that orb and slot it on their belt to use in Castle Never as a type of light spell to be able to see in the darkness areas.
  • krvemila#6041 krvemila Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Well, well, I am lvl 15, I came back to Sybella with the completed orb, but before the searching the present quest (it is lvl 20 quest so I don't have the access to it yet) I talked to Sybella and puff the orb dissapeared, (No I didn't accidentally sold it) so I am wondering if she will give it back, or if it is lost for good... The Journal actually told me to turn in the orb to Sybella, Or something like that so I did.
    Yes, Sybella will take the orb from you and then when you get the next quest she will return it! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • krvemila#6041 krvemila Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Yes, Sybella will take the orb from you and then when you get the next quest she will return it! :)

Yes, she certainly did. Thank you for the assurance.
  • starrlord97#7865 starrlord97 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @"neidanman#1423" said:
    > HI - I'm doing 'searching the present' - a lvl 21 quest. You need to use a scrying orb that you get through the 'benign order of the third eye' campaign. I can't find the orb in my inventory/bank so I think I must have sold it to a merchant thinking it was a normal 'weapon' orb. Is there a way to get another one?
    >
    > Thanks

In having the same problem, I cant seem to do anything to fix it. I dont pay for anything in the game so i only have 2 character slots and my other one is too high level to go back and do the quest...