Install Arc

Patch Notes: Version: NW.70.20161205a.9

14567810»

Comments

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    vida44 said:

urabask said:

vida44 said:

You broke the loot chest in FBI. No chest for a chance on new gear. Well played. Should I make ticket for this? Because I feel cheated. Will you give me an hour of my life back?

It's there. They got rid of the chest in the chest and it just drops with the rest of the loot. So if you see a ring, transmute or opal/sapphire that's what would've dropped from your ostorian chest.
    I'll repeat. It's not in the patch notes. I have no reason to believe that.
    I had three guildmates get armor drop in a run last night. Believe whatever you like but you're wrong.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • lanalanlan1lanalanlan1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    I noticed the increase of drops in dungeon. It is a good change for Tier 1 and 2 dungeon like eLOL, MC, Etos, or VT. If you have VIP and multiple alts, with decent group, you can use your alts to tag along and finish the dungeons. However, 10 players trial like SVA or ESVA, the key change is definitely worst. I don't want to take the loot because the mark is already BoA and I don't plan to gear up my Alts. The cost of weapon restoration is way too expensive for alts. They should either make the mark drop when killing boss and get extra in the chest, or lower the cost of reputation.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I got a BtA Owlbear Cub out of the bonus chest in CN last night and the Black Ice Treads from the regular chest in KR today. Also gotten some stinker chests but all in all most of the people I see are happier to run group content than they were before.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I got a new armour piece drop from the esot chest, looks like it might be better than the piece I got at the moment. So that's something positive for me, still undecided though.
  • krasensilverkrasensilver Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    pay to play wont be a good thing for this game coz you dont have anything desirable to pay for but community here
  • thrilla#1991 thrilla Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2017

I read your entire post and I understand what you are saying. It's not helpful to a productive discussion to call others ignorant. Doing that, you draw a line in the sand and create an adversarial atmosphere, rather than working together toward a better mutual understanding.

I didn't say this iteration of the change was ideal for new players. I said it's ideal for newer players that also happen to have the VIP level that grants free keys. The reason is that newer players are more likely to benefit from account bound loot, and the 4 free keys in total gives you four epic dungeon key runs per day (per character). Since not all newer players have VIP, I went on to add that increasing the basic key allotment beyond the current 1/day/toon would make the change fairer.

It's definitely not helpful to a *productive discussion* in which individuals are offering suggestions or iterating what is wrong or should be done better. However, you are not doing any of that, hence, you are not participating in a format which produces a "productive discussion". An adversarial atmosphere is drawn immediately when you quote 1 sentence out of a paragraph, mistaking context and ignoring premise.

All you've said to me so far is this: If you have VIP 6, you can have 4 total keys, this logically means better chance for loot. Then you go on to add that you didn't say it's ideal for new players, rather it's ideal for NEWER players. Visibly dancing around the bush, changing your words and arguing semantics... what is going on with you?

You keep trying to sell me more stuff while ignoring the fact that I clearly highlighted the issue that new (this includes new and newer btw, there's no distinction in case you didn't know) players shouldn't be forced to buy into 6 months after 10 days of play. I have VIP 1 because I have no reason to spend more than I need. Yet, I'm locked out of this advantage simply because I'm not willing to pay more ZEN ahead of time. Do you have an explanation for this? Or just more dancing...

Moreover, the account bound loot literally adds nothing for me. If you're trying to tell me by switching good statted gear like Dragonflight for a mere +10 item level crappy stat item is "good".. then you're again, being extremely unproductive. As far as I know, spending AD to make high level enchantments and RP is the correct path to take to increase ilvl and be a participant in higher level content. Neither of which are included in the new changes.

You can't duct tape things and not expect further complications. Plenty of people have said the reality is different. Just because the drop rate of stuff has been increased across the board, that doesn't mean everyone is benefiting from it. Especially since the people who are getting drops are already at 4k ilvl (stashed keys as well) with no need of these new changes yet, can't sell them on the AH to reduce market demands from new players.

Surely, you can see the negative cycle going on here. Old players are capable of running multiple times for higher chance of loot. New players are limited, lower chance of loot. Old players can't sell any of the new gear due to bounding. New players still stuck in the same situation - forced to buy ZEN to participate.
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User

I am in probably 90% of all "super active" PvE channels and it feels like getting players for dungeons gets harder and harder. If you find people they stay for one run only. Most drop because they have no additional key left...

Guess most will stick to dungeons that don't need additional keys now - CN is still ok without the key though but you always have a nagging feeling that it might be a wand in the other chest.....
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

I am in probably 90% of all "super active" PvE channels and it feels like getting players for dungeons gets harder and harder. If you find people they stay for one run only. Most drop because they have no additional key left...

Guess most will stick to dungeons that don't need additional keys now - CN is still ok without the key though but you always have a nagging feeling that it might be a wand in the other chest.....
    Well so far I have only got trash in the second chest, last run was a +1 ring and not much else . . . . . . :(
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    So far i got 1 boe lathander eye from normal vt chest, green boa rider of the wild hunt from KR normal chest, unbound achmage apprentice from fbi normal chest, boa whatever the name of that mage they sell in zen store from normal cn chest... and 2 energons, boa greater str belt/imperial cloak from dread legion. Not a glimpse of new gear no matter how lame it is. Not a single worthy item from all the bonus chests and i opened about 20. And ironically dread legion chest gave me the best ad vs time ratio. And it doesn't even reuire any keys. Saw notification of symbol of fire/tiamat orb/oghma toke drop there. Logic ftw. No wonder public queue for it takes like a minute and its almost always packed with 3-4k ppl. I mean seriously at this point using a legendary dragon key feels like "what you actually expect something good to drop cause you spent 50 zen for that key? ha! HAMSTER you!"
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator

someone please make a site where users can put what they get from chests. yes there will be some error due to trolls but it will at least give us a semi glance at what rates are

You are free to collect data from the threads and make a google doc or something.

You may also be able to use the Official Wiki for such purposes as well.
  • sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Pewter Golem dropped from MC.
    I had a dream Black Ice Warhorse dropped from a chest at CN. Sadly it was only a dream.
  • baoshionebaoshione Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    This is really insane i can understand the key changes on dungeon chest, but what's the point the same changes on SVA chest? how many time should i run to get the legendary marks that i need for upgrade? just today i wasted like 2k zen for legendary keys and got 0 legendary mark. I already use zen every month to buy stuff etc.. and now i feel like they are forcing me to use dly Zen or Farm like hell to get PTs to open those damn chest... man i really feel pissed off. At least put those legendary dragon keys on wondrous bazaar or trade bars store...
  • chivass#4087 chivass Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Why does the play button. This is a very long. Can you teamviewer help me. I am not good at English. I live in Thailand
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    So after some time i've talked in my alliance chat and i notice that they liked the changes, i also notice i the forum and in my alliance chat that a lot of people used to "save" the basic chest key ! well i really used to do multiruns with my guild but the only key i've not spent was the special one, i was also only taking notes from special key in preview server...

Soo from the run i've done after talking with my gild/alliance i didn't got anything good as always but almost every run someon in my party got something new or nice and that is REALLLY nice...

I still think that we could have tested more and that this change will not sell special keys (since the drops look the saem in both chest's...)
    But i cant denny that "I Was Wrong", since now the special key is not that important is not hard to get partys (in my alliance at least)
    and i'e seen at leas 2 nice items that made me want to run dungeons i usually dont do (the armor from Valindra Tower and the orcus skull helmet, cant remember theyr names).

If people not happy because they cant save the basic key for better drop i have to disagree on that... and if you want to play a lot and need more Keys a Vip should solve this problem...

I didn't comr back to play like i used to do yet, but the feeling is good, second time in a loooong time (first one was the mount changes)

Plus i know this is not the place, but i've reading the preview comments for next mod and i really liked what i've reading there... SO far looks like
    "Mimic King" is really doing what he said he would ... (i really hope that i' not mistaken about this... because would be awesome)

So what i have to say here is :smile:

Sorry for the earlyer complains, and Tanks for the changes done !!!
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    The changes remain awful as long as there are not guaranteed drops for orange marks in Svardborg, an alternate way to obtain the orange marks, or the choice to refuse loot from Master's Svardborg and keep your keys (even then, the number of runs required to obtain 30 correct legendary marks was insane and a mark of thoughtless design). New loot is nice and all but it was way overdue anyhow.

Also in my opinion any key that has to be crafted or bought with campaign currency should include the right to refuse garbage loot.

My thread elsewhere proposes a simple and sensible solution to all of this.
  • CNx6 and Demo x 1, I got the same old trash in 6 out of 7 runs, I think the results need to be consistently better. All three of the decent things I got in the good run are account bound, 1 was a death slaad I will try out on an alt, one was a belt of wisdom but I'm already running a valindra's belt, so I can't use it, the last was a sudden crit +5, which is a great ring, but it's replacing a +4 and I'll have to make a jewel kit for 100k + supplies for it.

At this rate I'd have to spend $3.00 a day on keys as I can't make more than one greater demonic per day, I can't really justify spending $100 a month on keys for this game. Whatever happened to the key price drop the devs stated when they first talked about this change? Forget the .50 cents off, I think they need to make it 20 keys for $3.00.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

By now I run daily 1 ndemo and 1 CN --> logout.

Same here. Sad thing is i come on and get messages like: "Hi. Wanna do FBI or MSVA?" All i do since the weekend when i tested the new "great" system in FBI and SVA? I respond "-". Than i go in hide. Thx to devs i got a lot more time for my real life.

• salmistrasalmistra Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    I make one epic demo key for the day. I'm going to CN but I can not go to edemo - I have no key :-)
    This change is not all bad, but if the keys are produced, for example. 2 hours
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017

CNx6 and Demo x 1, I got the same old trash in 6 out of 7 runs, I think the results need to be consistently better. All three of the decent things I got in the good run are account bound, 1 was a death slaad I will try out on an alt, one was a belt of wisdom but I'm already running a valindra's belt, so I can't use it, the last was a sudden crit +5, which is a great ring, but it's replacing a +4 and I'll have to make a jewel kit for 100k + supplies for it.

At this rate I'd have to spend $3.00 a day on keys as I can't make more than one greater demonic per day, I can't really justify spending $100 a month on keys for this game. Whatever happened to the key price drop the devs stated when they first talked about this change? Forget the .50 cents off, I think they need to make it 20 keys for $3.00.

So confused about this, why do people think that they really need the campaign key? Most of the time you never took the chest because it didn't have an R8 in CN. You're not missing much. I don't even consistently make CN keys on my toons every day and I still had 35 when the key change hit because I never got r8s consistently enough to use them.
    salmistra said:

I make one epic demo key for the day. I'm going to CN but I can not go to edemo - I have no key :-)
    This change is not all bad, but if the keys are produced, for example. 2 hours

Chest rewards in edemo are so garbage they're not worth using the key on. You're still getting the roll from finishing the trial anyways checking the chest really doesn't increase your chances all that much anyways.

The changes remain awful as long as there are not guaranteed drops for orange marks in Svardborg, an alternate way to obtain the orange marks, or the choice to refuse loot from Master's Svardborg and keep your keys (even then, the number of runs required to obtain 30 correct legendary marks was insane and a mark of thoughtless design). New loot is nice and all but it was way overdue anyhow.

Also in my opinion any key that has to be crafted or bought with campaign currency should include the right to refuse garbage loot.

My thread elsewhere proposes a simple and sensible solution to all of this.

SVA is dead because of mod 11 anyways. No support classes are going to bother running it besides the one run for the tales carving.

the time to craft keys should be reduced, and 1200 cap on seals and other currency is stupid.

Still going to have to have a relatively small cap or we'd all just hold onto our seals until they run a seal discount event.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Well the devs never had in mind the horrific grind non-dps have to endure to even reach sva.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    ghoulz66 said:

Well the devs never had in mind the horrific grind non-dps have to endure to even reach sva.

Look like they got the message by the new weapons talk...
    Post edited by rafaelda on
  • armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User

the time to craft keys should be reduced, and 1200 cap on seals and other currency is stupid.

Still going to have to have a relatively small cap or we'd all just hold onto our seals until they run a seal discount event.

When have we ever had a seal discount event ????

Increasing the cap on seals is a great idea but will not happen because that will free up bag space

This discussion has been closed.