test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] BOWSER IV : Mod 10+ GF Protector Build

Comments

• boknok1boknok1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Very nice guide. I've had the pleasure of experiencing this build in action and it very efficient for what the "Bowser" build is made to do. I, highly, suggest using this build especially if you find yourself surrounded by players in need of high survivability :)
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    If I may...

"Add Everfrost Armor Kits to these and you can run dailies of FBI in SKT without frostbite"

These kits will not work on armor pieces. I mean they can only be applied on shirt and pants.

Just to clarify.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2017

, I personally tested the "crab root" on ACT last year and it didn't seem to work through Guarded Assault damage.

Have you tested "crab-root"+RedRef? If so, please prove me wrong. I will be there first to celebrate and tell the other Bowsers to ... [pause for comedic effect] run out and get themselves some crabs.

Unfortunatelly ,I don't own a crab and it is a rare companion to find even on preview .I will ask friends but since tank population is low ,chances of testing it ,are low.
    But as you stated ,if you tested it in the past and didn't find anything interesting ,it is highly unlikely that something would change .It is a companion that few use and usually these companions stay untouched for long periods of time.

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

If I may...

"Add Everfrost Armor Kits to these and you can run dailies of FBI in SKT without frostbite"

These kits will not work on armor pieces. I mean they can only be applied on shirt and pants.

Just to clarify.

You are correct. Clarification made in that section. Thanks.

Editorial: I find the entire everfrost resistance scheme to be rubbish. But the EFR% is a requirement for entry into mandatory campaign material, so included it.
    Thanks @kemi1984
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    It is rubbish indeed :)

I learned about not able to slot these kits into the armor pieces, the hard way - crafting some and than selling on the AH for a fraction of the cost. So it's worth mentioning in the guide.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Oi, @dread4moor, quick question man. Maybe I should also get the debuff queen (@michela123) to drop by here as well.

I was chilling on preview and was just testing GF stuff for the lulz and wanted to test Iron Guard/Protector Capstone for the lulz.

Obviously, we know Iron Guard is bugged thanks to the bug report below.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/558320/gf-bug-protector-tree-cap-stone-iron-guard

According to the bug report, no matter the number of stacks, the debuff is capped out at 5% damage debuffs.

According to your guide, the damage debuff stacks 2% and caps out at 10%? (It can only stack 4 times though... so where are you getting a magic extra 2%?).

Uh... is the guide's description of Iron Guard wrong? Or have I tested something wrong?

(According to my tests, the debuff is capped at 5%, but I might be doing something wrong. I am currently trying to corral a friend to try this in open PvP).

@rjc9000 "According to your guide, the damage debuff stacks 2% and caps out at 10%? (It can only stack 4 times though... so where are you getting a magic extra 2%?)."

Thanks, it was a Typo. 5% not 2%.
    This was copied from the old tooltip that DID say 2% corrected many patches ago. I corrected it in the build, thanks.

But everything else listed is correct. It does not stack. Sad, really. If it WAI (up to 20% damage reduction) that would make it a respectable capstone. Spread the word to call for an Iron Guard fix.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    Updates made, attention to @rjc9000 thoughts on Relic weapon. Tested vs Twisted on Bowser (took us forever to make 5 sets of Relic weapons. Frikkin Marks!)
    In summary:
    Relic slightly better but not worth the grind.
    Pure damage?
    Elemental Fire < Drowned Set < Twisted set < Relic set . But Bowser does not care about personal damage.
    The cost/grind of relic weapons is too high in our opinion. The defensive Relic power NEVER worked in our tests. The offensive relic always fires first. Ironically, the offensive is good for a tank. It has a nice heal with low cool down. Overall, Relic is better… but not >300 SVA runs-better. Twisted works fine. Waiting for Mod11 gear is reasonable.
    Wish I had waited.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.

Updates made, attention to @rjc9000 thoughts on Relic weapon. Tested vs Twisted on Bowser (took us forever to make 5 sets of Relic weapons. Frikkin Marks!)

In summary:

Relic slightly better but not worth the grind.

Pure damage?

Elemental Fire < Drowned Set < Twisted set < Relic set . But Bowser does not care about personal damage.

The cost/grind of relic weapons is too high in our opinion. The defensive Relic power NEVER worked in our tests. The offensive relic always fires first. Ironically, the offensive is good for a tank. It has a nice heal with low cool down. Overall, Relic is better… but not >300 SVA runs-better. Twisted works fine. Waiting for Mod11 gear is reasonable.

Wish I had waited.

I figured that Relic was the best DPS option.

However, I wanted to hear your guys' opinions on the Stronghold Set since the SH set is the only set which buffs the party (which is part of this build's goal).

• remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User

Updates made, attention to @rjc9000
    The defensive Relic power NEVER worked in our tests. The offensive relic always fires first.

Hrm, I've had pretty good luck triggering the "desired" power on the relic set... I do usually go for the offensive one, but I haven't had any issue triggering defense when I really want it (usually at the start of a boss fight, before debuffs go in). You DO have to try pretty deliberately to get the defense power to trigger during a melee tho, the mechanism is... less than optimum.
  • maatmonsmaatmons Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    About how much Stamina Regeneration is necessary to attain permashield? Without either Shieldmaster or Shield talent, I mean?

If I have Shield Talent at 20%, does that mean I need 20% less Stamina Regeneration to attain permashield? If I have Shieldmaster at 10%, does that mean I need 10% less Stamina Regeneration? With both, do I need 30% less?

Is the relationship between Stamina Gain and Stamina Regeneration the standard 400 to 1% ratio at max level?

Does Strength Focus actually improve Stamina Regeneration? It doesn't change the figure on my character sheet. And a Guardian Fighter guide from three years ago said it was actually just providing a 5/10/15% damage increase, at least at the time.
    @remfdt "Hrm, I've had pretty good luck triggering the "desired" power on the relic set... I do usually go for the offensive one, but I haven't had any issue triggering defense when I really want it (usually at the start of a boss fight, before debuffs go in). You DO have to try pretty deliberately to get the defense power to trigger during a melee tho, the mechanism is... less than optimum."

I'd appreciate hearing your technique for consistently. Messed up our rotation to make defensive proc (same as "Never" in our book).

For us, offensive proc happened too easily; with almost any pre-combat action.

On engagement we could only make the defensive proc consistently by not casting anything and letting the enemy hit first. Then we had to time it, pause at the cooldown of ITF and wait for defense to proc again.

That's not realistic for the build rotation / engagement strategy discussed in the last section of this build. The defensive relic power was not worth opening the fight without buffs and marks.

But maybe we are using the relic wrong?
    Honestly, if you know a better way please tell us.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.

@remfdt "Hrm, I've had pretty good luck triggering the "desired" power on the relic set... I do usually go for the offensive one, but I haven't had any issue triggering defense when I really want it (usually at the start of a boss fight, before debuffs go in). You DO have to try pretty deliberately to get the defense power to trigger during a melee tho, the mechanism is... less than optimum."

I'd appreciate hearing your technique for consistently. Messed up our rotation to make defensive proc (same as "Never" in our book).

For us, offensive proc happened too easily; with almost any pre-combat action.

On engagement we could only make the defensive proc consistently by not casting anything and letting the enemy hit first. Then we had to time it, pause at the cooldown of ITF and wait for defense to proc again.

That's not realistic for the build rotation / engagement strategy discussed in the last section of this build. The defensive relic power was not worth opening the fight without buffs and marks.

But maybe we are using the relic wrong?

Honestly, if you know a better way please tell us.

It's likely KV: the moment you enter combat or cast KV, the offensive relic set bonus activates. However, if you let the relic bonus reset, then you can use the defensive power by simply holding shield.

A similar thing occured when we had the old Knight Captain set: despite the tooltip saying "chance", if you used KV or ITF with the old KC set, then you would activate the set bonus all the time.

Try it out. If you weren't using KV in your tests... don't know what to tell you.

@rjc9000 You are correct about Knight Captain (I proudly wear my title, along with High Prophet and High Vizier on my DC/CW... those were good times).
    Yes, all tests were with KV. You may be right.
    Honestly, not going to test again. Even if we can get defensive to proc exclusive, the advice is same. Relic is slightly better then twisted. But for this build, if you haven't farmed mSVA yet might do well resting w twisted until Mod 11 IMHO.
    Damn those elusive marks!
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Geez this is huge, i need more time to read all the old builds but is nice to find some more "turtles" out there...

I'm not a Gf full time to be honest is my 3rd toon, i've started as GWF and back (mod 3) he was weak so ive made a GF and CW (the CW was my "main" till the release of Elemental evil), i've focused on my GF to help guildies to survive the 60-70 and to help them to gear up so that's why i was more a pure tank...

I dind't read the part about weapon enchant yet, but i have to say that my Perfect Lightning is doing pretty well, it help me with agro due the multihit's and allow me do do a bit more dmg wille soling....

I used to run almost this exact build, but since this mod was released i've changed to Swordmaster (realy hard to adapt) but when solo "weapon master Strike + Lightning is pretty nice to speed up things... i also use "Steel Blitz" wille solo...

Now i'm going back to read to catch up...
    Yes, it's likely what @rjc9000 said... I also miss the old KC set. :( Sitting in front of wrong computer to test right now, I'll make a point to document later tho (fingers and eyes know how to do it, but brain wants to make sure it remembers correctly...).

Separate topic, any one else have any strong feelings on the valhalla set bonus yet?
    Just saw this in the patch notes-

Guardian Fighter
    Guarded Assault no longer triggers from other reflect powers.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10370933-patch-notes:-version:-nw.70.20161205a.14
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Guess this means that GA-offhand/Crushing Pin does not trigger from KV anymore? Should be tested.
    edited January 2017
    @maatmons
    "About how much Stamina Regeneration is necessary to attain permashield? Without either Shieldmaster or Shield talent, I mean?
    If I have Shield Talent at 20%, does that mean I need 20% less Stamina Regeneration to attain permashield? If I have Shieldmaster at 10%, does that mean I need 10% less Stamina Regeneration? With both, do I need 30% less?
    Is the relationship between Stamina Gain and Stamina Regeneration the standard 400 to 1% ratio at max level? "
    Regrets for the late response, @maatmons . Finally convinced the four other Bowser authors to complete their relic gear (damn those svard-marks).
    We were distracted with testing.

Stamina falls under the "normal stat" equation...
    Normal
    0.01*((((70)^0.6925)+6)*(Stat/9977.011)^1)
    .... different from Power or Utility. I cannot give link or reference becauses that website is UNwelcome on the official forum. ;)
    But, yes, the approximate increase is 1% per 400 stamina. But add every permanent/durable source of stamina you can.
    Stamina has no hard cap, no diminishing returns per se, but a relative range of utility based on the stamina reduction rate you play in.
    As for your question about Shield Talent vs stamina feats, they are apples and oranges. One is a reduced rate of stamina reduction (passive mitigation) and the other is increased stamina regen rate (active, always "on" ). There is no measurable trade-off. Stamina regen is always better than Shield Talent.
    For this build, we max all stamina feats and boons... THEN we decide if Shield Talent and/or additional stamina is needed.
    So, how much is Stamina is needed for Permashield?

We say a relative range of 1000-1400 with current content.
    Why "relative" ? Permashield is relative.
    You may be in Permashield in one dungeon and not in Permashield in a different dungeon.

For example, on our basic test Bowser, the toughest fight in eTOS causes maximum stamina reduction of ~ -10% per second. Our test Bowser with Stamina 800 and build feats/boons has ~+15% stamina regen.
    Therefore, that Bowser is in Permashield in eTOS. The shield will never break because the rate of regen always exceeds the rate decline. Adding Shield Talent (20% reduction in rate of decline) would be wasted in that situation.
    In that situation, we slot Enhanced Mark, Combat Superiority or Shield Warrior's Wrath instead.
    But place that same test Bowser in Valindra's Tower. VT final boss fight has phases with stamina reduction up to ~22%... higher than either Orcus or Svardborg. At times in this fight the rate of decline will exceed the rate of recovery. Our test Bowser must slot Shield Talent to maintain Permashield.

The authors' (pleural) stamina ranges from 1100 to 1600 (mine is currently 1200). We slot Shield Talent as needed before fights we know have a high reduction rate... Not very often.

Author Doug has data and a nice diagram on your feat% comparison. We'll ask him to comment here with a link. He explains it better then I did.
    Thanks for your interest!
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    @rafaelda
    "Geez this is huge, i need more time to read all the old builds but is nice to find some more "turtles" out there...
    i've focused on my GF to help guildies to survive the 60-70 and to help them to gear up so that's why i was more a pure tank...

I dind't read the part about weapon enchant yet, but i have to say that my Perfect Lightning is doing pretty well, it help me with agro due the multihit's and allow me do do a bit more dmg wille soling....

i've changed to Swordmaster (realy hard to adapt) but when solo "weapon master Strike + Lightning is pretty nice to speed up things... i also use "Steel Blitz" wille solo..."

Helping undergeared guildies survive leveling, T1 dungeons and dailies? The Bowser excels at those.
    Yes, SM skills do make for easier solo work. No argument. See the last section on our solo load out and rotation. We do fine solo work for an IV.
    This is just a build but if you are planning on reading GF guides, Grimah's and Fatmushroom'sTank guides are required reading. Both need some updates, but they explain the mechanics well.
    Yes, lightning is a good choice. The chain affect is great for aggro in crowds of mobs. And it appears lightning is getting a buff soon.
    Thanks for reading.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    edited January 2017
    More things I noticed...

I know you guys didn't cover Desperate Survival, although I think it's a good joke in that Desperate Survival is so bad, you guys even forgot it exists. :P

I am also confused as to why barely reccomend lifesteal, putting it even worse than Power or Recovery.

I understand that the point of the build is to spread the Reflect damage/procs (and Lifesteal usually competes with the Reflect procs), but given how you're using KV + GA + other reflect sources, why not stack some lifesteal so you get healed for every time you get hit? Imo this would make your build nigh unkillable (and it would also allow you to use SoS 24/7 instead of needing the occasional FR to patch yourself up).

Since you employed the help of Michela in this guide... didn't she tell you that United only gives the GF and his/her teammates 5% extra DR? (which ends up being useless to most classes). I know she beat that into my skull when she was proofreading my GF Guide.

And also, Iron Focus is much much much better than you guys make it out to be. Since the Mod10 GF changes, Iron Focus changes Frontline Surge to be an AoE marking effect which also taunts, turning it into a more focused version of Enforced Threat. Granted, I know that you guys are using ET (which trumphs Iron Focus + FrontlineSurge in terms of spreading marks), but you guys should at least consider the fact that Iron Focus + Frontline Surge isn't as awful as, say, using Ferocious Reaction.

Mod10 GF changes
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10080453-class-balance:-guardian-fighter

(And I'm still waiting for your guys' opinion on the Stronghold set, which is the only weapon option which buffs your teammates and decreases the damage your team takes.)
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

So- triggering defense effect on relic weapon set "dependably":
    1). at start of fight: just toggle shield on/off before marking, hitting ITF, and closer (bull, threatening, etc.)
    2). reapply (if desired) after emote/purple buff dot pops up, usually just before or when *2nd* ITF (rank 4) refreshes.
    3). otherwise, 2nd ITF will put pop offense effect for ya

Reset timer is 30 seconds, which matches up pretty well with other cooldowns if you sync them up. I personally tend to use the offense effect ~90% of the time, usually by letting ITF or other encounter trigger it automagically. But for messy/ouchie fights or situations, I will trigger the defense one (by toggling shield)... doesn't always help, but doesn't hurt.
  • maatmonsmaatmons Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Do fey thistle and frozen reflection have any internal cooldown? Or is it possible to deal 10,000 damage on every single deflect?

For the greater everfrost chain and chausers, if I deflect an attack while the buff is up, is the duration extended? Or how does that work?

Also, for all the effects that deal damage to my attacker based on how much damage he dealt to me, is that figured before or after mitigation? So, if a hit deal 1,000 points of damage, but I only take 40 because of my shield and defense, would reflecting 10% of that damage be 100 or 4 points of damage dealt to the attacker?

Oh, and when I “reflect” damage, does the reflection effect itself reduce the damage I take? So if I reflect 50% of an attack's damage, does that mean the attacker and I each take half of the damage? Or do I take full damage, but just also get to deal a bunch of damage to him.

Our test Bowser with Stamina 800 and build feats/boons has ~+15% stamina regen.

Huh, I have 14% stamina regeneration on my level 56 character, and I can't keep my shield up continuously even with rank 3 shield talent and no incoming damage. Is there a level-based component to this? Meaning I'll have an easier time keeping my guard up when I get to level 70?

Actually, maybe I should double-check to make sure I understand stamina right. Stamina regeneration takes place whether I'm blocking or not? And blocking drains stamina both over time as I maintain it, and when I'm hit based on the damage dealt?
    maatmons said:

Do fey thistle and frozen reflection have any internal cooldown? Or is it possible to deal 10,000 damage on every single deflect?

For the greater everfrost chain and chausers, if I deflect an attack while the buff is up, is the duration extended? Or how does that work?

Also, for all the effects that deal damage to my attacker based on how much damage he dealt to me, is that figured before or after mitigation? So, if a hit deal 1,000 points of damage, but I only take 40 because of my shield and defense, would reflecting 10% of that damage be 100 or 4 points of damage dealt to the attacker?

Oh, and when I “reflect” damage, does the reflection effect itself reduce the damage I take? So if I reflect 50% of an attack's damage, does that mean the attacker and I each take half of the damage? Or do I take full damage, but just also get to deal a bunch of damage to him.

Our test Bowser with Stamina 800 and build feats/boons has ~+15% stamina regen.

Huh, I have 14% stamina regeneration on my level 56 character, and I can't keep my shield up continuously even with rank 3 shield talent and no incoming damage. Is there a level-based component to this? Meaning I'll have an easier time keeping my guard up when I get to level 70?

Actually, maybe I should double-check to make sure I understand stamina right. Stamina regeneration takes place whether I'm blocking or not? And blocking drains stamina both over time as I maintain it, and when I'm hit based on the damage dealt?
    I believe the two reflect boons have ICDs.

I haven't tested much of GA, as I got other GF stuff to fry. But I do know that when you reflect something, you take the full damage of the attack (ie, there's no damage split).

Being lowlevel slightly inflates your stats due to the stat curves being different for lower level players.

In addition, you're missing Rank 4 on certain skills, such as R4 Shield Talent, which can help you with your Stamina upkeep.

And to my knowledge, you can't regenerate stamina while blocking, unless you use Shield Slam.

@rjc9000 , re SH Weapon Set...
    " Set Bonus (2/2): You and any allies equipped with a set of Stronghold weapons are granted the following: +2% Outgoing Damage, +2% Outgoing Healing, and -2% Incoming Damage. This effect may stack up to 5 times."

The prevalence of the set is so low that the incoming damage reduction only stacks consistently in raids. Worse recently since NW lost many veterans (those most likely to have earned SH set).
    For Raids the bonuses are very nice. But for 5-person party work and all other times, must respectfully disagree that SH set is truly BiS. Unstacked it seems equivocal to Underdark set paranoia for this build.
    For your tactician and certainly a conq it may be different because the damage bonus becomes more important.
    IRL distractions, but working on your other questions. Thanks.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    edited February 2017
    @maatmons
    "Do fey thistle and frozen reflection have any internal cooldown? Or is it possible to deal 10,000 damage on every single deflect? "
    Most reflect boons do have an ICD. Some are pretty short (Fey Thistle fires frequently) but that is exactly why we keep >dozen reflects to push the "redundancy" of RedRef: something is always firing. I'll post some combat log examples next time I'm on.
    "For the greater everfrost chain and chausers, if I deflect an attack while the buff is up, is the duration extended? Or how does that work?"
    No, it fires, works for the duration then has an ICD. Seems to fire ~twice per min so ICD must be ~20-25 sec. Still, very good for this build.
    "Oh, and when I “reflect” damage, does the reflection effect itself reduce the damage I take?"
    No. GA does not mitigate damage. Consider GA damage a completely different "event" . You get hit. GA is activated. GA fires. Does not reduce your damage. Working on references / links for your other questions. Thanks.
    Edit :Misspelled @maatmons.
    Post edited by dread4moor on
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    @maatmons (See last comment)
    [Combat (Self)] Winter Wolf deals 1180 (5899) Physical Damage to you with Drag.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Forge Fire deals 708 (590) Fire Damage to Winter Wolf.
    [Combat (Self)] Winter Wolf deals 1622 (2950) Everfrost Damage to you with Everfrost.
    [Combat (Self)] Winter Wolf gives 0 Hold to you with Drag.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Overcharge: Attack gives 2100 Hit Points to you.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Guarded Assault deals 1806 (1389) Physical Damage to Winter Wolf.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 556 damage from Winter Wolf's Drag.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Icy Aggression gives 0 Physical Damage to Winter Wolf.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1528 damage from Winter Wolf's Everfrost.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Fey Thistle deals 3900 (3000) Physical Damage to Winter Wolf.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Frozen Reflection deals 6500 (5000) Fire Damage to Winter Wolf.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Icy Aggression deals 3 (2) Physical Damage to Winter Wolf.

10 seconds of combat, shield up not jabbing.
    Wolf did ~2800 damage to the test Bowser.
    Test Browser's shield did ~13,000 damage (plus slow, crushing pin and damage debuff) to the wolf ...passively. Didn't raise a finger.
    I show this as an example of the "redundancy" of RedRef.
    Forge Fire hits then GA hits then Fey Thistle hits then Frozen Reflection hits then Icy Aggression hits then ... 8 or 9 other reflects/deflects then start over as Forgefire comes off of cooldown!

>12 shielded RedRef effects so at least 1 or more proc on almost every hit.
    Not an awe-inspiring display. Will not impress anyone. But it is a functional mechanism.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    remfdt said:

Just saw this in the patch notes-

Guardian Fighter
    Guarded Assault no longer triggers from other reflect powers.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10370933-patch-notes:-version:-nw.70.20161205a.14

Devs confirmed in the patch comments:
    No, thank RNGeezus, this does not affect KV, offhand or anything in RedRef.
    This stops a reflected power from hitting another target and triggering THEIR reflecting power.

I think the main problem was in PvP. Problems occur when 2 or more players with reflecting powers start bouncing damage around.
    I saw 3-4 GFs all running KV+GA. They just wreck the place.
    Besides machine-gun damage and debuff, they lag-lock or rubber-band lag anyone with a slow processor.
    Half the playes receive, essentially, a CC.
    It was , in essence, an exploit... can talk about it freely now bc it has been fixed.

Frankly, glad that is gone. It irritated alot of players. Nonetheless, this change did not effect RedRef or Bowsers.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    1 easy question for u pros ; With my current setup I reach 99,6% damage resistance (and I have 43 AC, dont really know how that works with DR). I run with azures in all def slots and use negation r11 in armor. If im not mistaken, the negation will be over the top in my case.. Should I swap negation for elven battle (for stamina regen), or should i look at swapping azures for more deflection ? Current deflect chance is 32%
    Elite Whaleboy
    wilbur626 said:

1 easy question for u pros ; With my current setup I reach 99,6% damage resistance (and I have 43 AC, dont really know how that works with DR). I run with azures in all def slots and use negation r11 in armor. If im not mistaken, the negation will be over the top in my case.. Should I swap negation for elven battle (for stamina regen), or should i look at swapping azures for more deflection ? Current deflect chance is 32%

You have many options here.

You could swap out some Azures for some Silveries (Deflect), Darks (lifesteal), Cruels (Deflect/Defense), Vicious (Deflect + Lifesteal), or Black Ice (Defense/Deflect/Lifesteal).

You could drop the Negation for a Soulforged, Elven Battle, or Pure Shadowclad (only pure or below).

I would personally swap out some Azures for some Viciouses or Black Ices, in addition to changing the Negation to a Soulforged.

Armor Class is a component of DR and thus is already integrated in your DR score. If you really want to calculate the DR from AC:

DR from Armor Class = 0.5 * (Your Armor Class - 10)

So say I have 40 AC.

(40 -10 ) * 0.5 = DR from AC
    30 * 0.5 = DR from AC
    15 = DR from AC

So I would get 15% extra DR from my 40 AC.