test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M11 Features Discussion

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
First Developer Blog is out for the upcoming expansion! This should be hitting Preview very very very soon but we wanted to get a head start on showcasing upcoming features and get discussions and feedback rolling!

Comments

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    How much time do we have? A week?

Sorry if that seems a bit unfair. We're just a bit short of timing and details now, and were burned recently.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Cool! Looking forward to seeing what the new Mod has instore... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Until the blogs start appearing, I'll hold my tongue.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Yes more future HAMSTER so we forget the actual HAMSTER!
    Post edited by hmdq#4491 on
  • zactorzactor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    I sure hope SpellPlague Caverns isn't full of demons, mini HE's or any fish, it was lots of fun the way it was.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    So missed that giant fugly serrated teeth eel muncher aka Aboleth Overseer, next stop Yshiggol.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    So... even in the briefest of overviews, this module looks to touch on a few things that appeal to me in particular. I've been pleading for campaigns with multiple ways to complete them for... a really long time.

Edit: For what it's worth, I am one of those players that for a variety of reasons very seldom participates in group content. The key change is something I can only get worked up about on the behalf of other players, and a little bit depending on what kind of impact it has on AH prices for certain items. So yeah, I can be interested in a new module with things that appeal to me. I try to be sensitive to the interests of other players, but that doesn't mean I will never express opinions that are more specific to myself.
    Post edited by beckylunatic on
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    New Skirmish was pretty awesome. Is there a hard mode of it for higher geared people? (We were 3K no heals and not hard)
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    Few things who will be welcome:
    - One stable layer on the inventory under companions's one, it's very frustrating to don't see all our mounts.
    - Possibility to have 2 sets (gear, powers...) equiped in the same time, typically (PvE and PvP)
    - In the bank: A new share part for crafting components.
    - Crafting: New reciepes for companions gears, will be a good solution to save crafting and resolve the issue of Gateway's dead
    - Spellplague dungeon: just hope it won't be cut like CN, but more like Fanbreaker with new fighting mecanism.

Thx for reading,
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I see multi-spec is coming, though I haven't figured out how to save my loadout yet. Whenever I make a spec change it seems to apply across all loadouts. Am I missing something?

One other small but weird bug I noticed: my rusted trailblazer's axes now require class scourge warlock (I'm a hunter ranger). The restored piece from the restore menu seems to correctly indicate hunter ranger. Just such a weird bug I thought I'd report it.

*Edit-Well, I love the new story so far, though I have noticed a few typos. I like that so much of this was foreshadowed in the Maze Engine and earlier.
    Post edited by vandignesca on
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    I was just on the preview checking out the quest line and got to part 3 where you have to change your appearance to go undercover. My question is, what happens if your character has the look that is no longer available. Will we still be able to return to our previous look? I have consistently avoided any appearance change on my HR because she has the original look from before all the new ones came out, and the original ones are no longer accessible. I don't want to give that up.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    shiani1 said:

I was just on the preview checking out the quest line and got to part 3 where you have to change your appearance to go undercover. My question is, what happens if your character has the look that is no longer available. Will we still be able to return to our previous look? I have consistently avoided any appearance change on my HR because she has the original look from before all the new ones came out, and the original ones are no longer accessible. I don't want to give that up.

For me the quest said something along the lines of "you have been granted 2 change appearance tokens; you do not need to actually change appearance to continue this quest", so I hit cancel when the window popped up, and walked out.

Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • sonji#4352 sonji Member Posts: 50 Arc User

shiani1 said:

For me the quest said something along the lines of "you have been granted 2 change appearance tokens; you do not need to actually change appearance to continue this quest", so I hit cancel when the window popped up, and walked out.

as did i, and i hope it stays that way. forcing someone to change their appearance is kinda lame imo. Have us go there and receive a temp buff that alters our appearance but when the buff wears off then your back to your normal look (combat could be a viable way to force it off)
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    I just love the new skirmish. Piñatas, mimics, and a dragon?! The first time I ran it I was grinning from ear to ear like crazy the whole time.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Please give new fashion outfits and a light/leather armor transmute for GF!
    Also ability to hide enchant effects while not in combat would be nice.
    Post edited by cilginordek on
  • vm71vm71 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I heard that in M11 at magic stones in weapons (fire, lightning, etc.) Will take effect modifier damage. Will work on modifiers Lostmauth's set bonuses (again), set the Black Ice and Dragon Empire, thus making the sets more or less urgent and thus diversifying the range of sets for each class?
  • katycurrykatycurry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    So far as this is the only thread, which seems as my post fits in, i will post it here:
    Bugg-Reports:
    - Sergeant Hawthidon; He did an uprank in the army of Neverwinter, that's cool, he did a great job tough, but why his Rank in Quest related texts is still "Private"?
    - Quest "Returned to the Plague Tower"; It seems like there are some buggs causing only 21 Mobs to spawn, but you need to kill 25 of them to progress further, and yes i've been looking for the missing 4 for about an half hour.
  • firdraingfirdraing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    There's a whole other post for the plague tower quest, you're not the only one ;)
  • crollaxcrollax Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    crollax said:

Hi all!

It is just my opinion.
    Feytouched do not need buff. He had increases all damage by 18%. He scale already.

Classic characteristics for the character: 75% Base CritSev, 10% from boons, 10% from pots. Total 95%.
    With Vorpal 95%+50%=145%.
    DPS = (1+CA+CritChance*CritSev)*SomeBuffs*BaseDamage.

Now we draw the graphs of dps from critical strike chance and WE.
    Pink. Vorpal. Without CA. DPS = (1+CritChance*1.45) .
    Red. Vorpal. CA=30%. DPS = (1+0.3+CritChance*1.45) .
    Gray. Fey. Without CA. DPS = (1+CritChance*0.95)*1.18 .
    Black. Fey. CA=30%. DPS = (1+0.3+CritChance*0.95)*1.18 .
    CritChance from 30% to 100%.

It is seen that Vorpal wins only in the case of high values of critical strike chance.

And one example, when Fey is better than Vorpal almost always.
    HR with feats Rising Focus (15% CritSev) and Skirmishers Gambit (50% CritSev), 10% from boons, 10% from pots.
    Pink. Vorpal. Without CA. DPS = (1+CritChance*2.1) .
    Red. Vorpal. CA=30%. DPS = (1+0.3+CritChance*2.1) .
    Gray. Fey. Without CA. DPS = (1+CritChance*1.6)*1.18 .
    Black. Fey. CA=30%. DPS = (1+0.3+CritChance*1.6)*1.18 .
    CritChance from 30% to 100%.

It should also be noted that Fey reduces enemy damage by 18%. What is another of its very strong advantage.

• katycurrykatycurry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    firdraing said:

There's a whole other post for the plague tower quest, you're not the only one ;)

Just want it to get mentioned in my Bugg-Reports, as soon as this Bug is fixed, and i can progress further i'll see more Buggs ... or at least i suppose to see more buggs :P
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    brewald said:

Few things who will be welcome:
    - Possibility to have 2 sets (gear, powers...) equiped in the same time, typically (PvE and PvP)

Done thanks,

Bug report:
    Manage Loadouts:
    - Powers aren't saved and don't switch with equipment.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

Class balance? We need a new class too.

Another class? they can't even balance the ones we already have XD
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    New artifact weapon set bonus:
    Firesoul: When you damage an enemy, there is a chance you become Fortified, which increases your defense by 5% and adds your Defense to your Power, to a max of 30% increase of your total Power.

This is insane. On my GF build this gives me 10k Power when triggered, and I don't even have BiS enchants yet. On an endgame build it will easily give 12k power, which equals to 30% damage increase, not to mentione increased damage from new enchants, making it way better than relic set no matter the stat difference. I add as a PvP GF player, GF definitely does not need this kind of damage buff. None of the classes do. Please bring down this effect to more reasonable levels.
  • commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer

shiani1 said:

Hey guys,

I've seen a few comments regarding this. I don't believe we'll get a system to save what your current look is before you go to the next, but I will make it much more obvious that changing your actual look is optional.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Anyone going on about the Firesoul seems to be forgetting that power is less effective as you stack more. It's also less effective in a party if anyone is buffing your power. Meaning at higher power levels, Relic is still most certainly BIS since it's 10% outgoing dmg. This is of course assuming that all sets work the same with 10 sec uptime and 30 sec cooldown. If Firesoul didn't/doesn't have that same cooldown/uptime then yes it's most likely BIS for anyone with significant defense.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Anyone going on about the Firesoul seems to be forgetting that power is less effective as you stack more. It's also less effective in a party if anyone is buffing your power. Meaning at higher power levels, Relic is still most certainly BIS since it's 10% outgoing dmg. This is of course assuming that all sets work the same with 10 sec uptime and 30 sec cooldown. If Firesoul didn't/doesn't have that same cooldown/uptime then yes it's most likely BIS for anyone with significant defense.

Tell that to a guy I came across with 100k power by himself who vaporized everything on sight.....