test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Version: NW.70.20161205a.9

Comments

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I noticed an increase in loot on Lair of Lostmouth - there was an extra R5 in the chest, awesome.
  • pmswithagunpmswithagun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Personally I believe this not being able to peek in chests is going to kill this game. This when the drop rate was already ridiculous and needed improvement. At any rate, I've done demo until I know I could do that dungeon drunk+high+dead asleep and I've never gotten anything close to the girdle or a +5 ring that would be an upgrade for my char. CN is the same way. Now with having to farm or buy keys to get nothing but +2 rings or other unusable garbage over and over, it's not going to happen. I would have to hear from others that the drop rate has greatly improved or I won't even bother. Seems the players keep losing more and more game content with each patch. Now all the so called updates seem to benefit only the company's bottom line and the players just continue to get screwed. As a result I've recently started researching other games and believe 2017 has some good ones coming up.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    so far its looking like a really good change
  • thrilla#1991 thrilla Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Did they even consider the impact this has on new players such as myself? We don't have an endless supply of keys like some others do because they've simply played this game longer with access to a stash or two of these keys.

I've only played this game for a little over 2 weeks now with VIP and Underdark keys (n and edemo) available and have been readily amassing a steady supply of till all of a sudden, this minor change to the chests happen. Now I've spent ALL my epic and underdark keys in less than a day (9VIP, 3n, 4e) with ZERO loot to show for it, what the hell is this non sense? Your blog post directly contradicts reality.

Don't tell me to use AD to buy these, I'm new so having tens and hundreds of millions of AD is out of the question. And don't have any interest nor capacity to spend hundreds of dollars on this supposedly free to play game.

All I see from these forums are people constantly telling the devs how broken some mechanics are and I can clearly see that there are minor bugs in the game that should've been hotfixed and quality-of-life details. How is it HAMSTER content changes and patches keep being released with zero care to present content? Why is pvp still so silly? Why can't I have a character play both PVE and PVP with one set of gear? Straight up cash-grab in its purest form afaik and they aren't afraid to show it.
  • playasinnombreplayasinnombre Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    vordayn said:

Where is Andy right now?

I feel lost.

Andy got while the gettin' was good...
  • crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User

Personally I believe this not being able to peek in chests is going to kill this game.

Yes it will. There won't be any new players and we already see the old ones slowly quit.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Did they even consider the impact this has on new players such as myself? We don't have an endless supply of keys like some others do because they've simply played this game longer with access to a stash or two of these keys.

I think the change actually works best for newer players with VIP (the level that gives you 3 keys/day/toon). The reason is, you get 4 free keys (1 from PE, 3 from VIP) and you're most likely to benefit from the added drops because you're not fully geared yet.

My drops have been pretty decent so far (been on around 10 runs since the change) and many in my alliance seem to be getting good things, too.

Perhaps a second, or even a third, free key/day would be fair and balanced. It's certainly a problem if people play for a half-hour run then have nothing to do (well, there's always all the boons that a new toon needs...)
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited January 2017

Personally I believe this not being able to peek in chests is going to kill this game.

People have been predicting the end of Neverwinter since at least Open Beta when I joined. The game population has been steady for the last 18 months according to Steam Charts (not a perfect metric, but probably a decent approximation). The game's not going to die, wither or fade because of this. Most of the players I interact with outside of the forum (in game) like the change so far.

edited January 2017

Games die and fade. People can have their opinion about the game. You have yours. As a moderator, don't shut them down.

Disagreeing is not the same as shutting someone down.

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    We all had faith that the mimicking would give us real treasure, instead he ate the last of our hope.

Never trust a mimic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • thrilla#1991 thrilla Member Posts: 16 Arc User

I think the change actually works best for newer players with VIP (the level that gives you 3 keys/day/toon). The reason is, you get 4 free keys (1 from PE, 3 from VIP) and you're most likely to benefit from the added drops because you're not fully geared yet.

My drops have been pretty decent so far (been on around 10 runs since the change) and many in my alliance seem to be getting good things, too.

Perhaps a second, or even a third, free key/day would be fair and balanced. It's certainly a problem if people play for a half-hour run then have nothing to do (well, there's always all the boons that a new toon needs...)
    I'm sorry but you either didn't read my entire post or is just ignorant... My contention clearly says this is forcing new players into buying ZEN, which is exactly what you reinforced by stating the VIP level which gives you 3 keys being at 6 months. So I'm now offered a choice of buying in for 6 months without knowing I'll even be playing that long? How is that giving consideration for new players? I have said that I got VIP (if you had read my ENTIRE post) but it's not enough to sustain at 2 total keys per day.

You are definitely right in back tracking to say second or third free key is fair and balanced. I've got a lot of free time during this summer so I'm able to work on the dailies for the boons quickly and efficiently with lots of spare time left to run dungeons for fun, but now that's completely gone. I've spent a total of 16 keys (VIP, N/E DEMO) and have got nothing, from my perspective as a *NEW PLAYER*, this new change is broken and only pushes away interested players.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    rlima18 said:

rotters said:

Im Sorry but are you guys for real? Do you dislike the game this much that you want a lot players to leave? your player stats are going to take a nosedive following this. honestly...I dont know what you guys think your doing.

+1
    Another +1
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

I'm not so sure about new players being better off . If the new bits of armour etc are better than the elven or drow series then maybe, but if they aren't . . . . well by the time your running the dungeons to get them you already have or are just about to get better gear anyway. Maybe if you get some decent Artifact drops your better off.

But now a new player doesn't have what we had - a better chance to save and use your keys on good drops and farm dungeons, but at least for new players R8's are cheap . . . . dunno
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

> @tom#6998 said:

> so far its looking like a really good change

So far it's looking like a horrendous change.

Well i got so much more out of the dungeons ive run these 2 days where the changes were live.
    I see that its a problem for players without vip or with only 1 char but they were arly HAMSTER before.
    eSVA is also in a very bad situation right now but the rest is really really cool
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    Something changed, look at the price and number of Orcus Wands for sale.
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Remove all keys - problem solved. Not. Free to play game. The key is the entrance fee. One free, up to three by VIP means ZEN and more by AD. ZEN is cash and the AD are a sink. Since Neverwinter stopped offering cool stuff in the ZEN shop (other games only cash source...) they need the VIP income! And the game needs AD sinks (MoPs and keys) to stabilize the amount of AD ingame.

The new items are a distraction. They look cool but ...too obvious. You rolled 1 ;-)
    The amount of RP in chests is a joke. Thousands of feedback posts about this.
    The RNG (e.g. +5 legendary rings) are hard to farm. OK. But with a key system like that the game needs a hard cap. Marks or at least an exchanger. After a few hundred runs (and keys) players could claim the item.
    The amount of time, work and patience ... should be worth a lousy rare item. Add several "!" here.

Just my few cents.

//Bellistor
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    that how most of us feel, roll a 20 sided dice and get 1's, 10 times in a row.
    doesnt sound like random, seem to be a loaded dice they gave us.
  • lunari#8880 lunari Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    This change is definitely the worst I have seen. See you guys were able to make money out of me when I was able to peek into the chest and see if it was worth it, because usually I'd ran out of needed keys and would love the item worth there. So here I'd go and buy the legendary keys from Zen market and felt like it was worth the spend. Now? No way will I be spending any more money on Legendary keys. Many people may have luck in this game, but I personally do not and its not going to create a hole in my pocket. I haven't received something so spectacular in a very long time. Now since i can't peak into the chest? Dungeon runs for me will be once a day and a CHOICE into WHICH dungeon to run.... Yeah you guys pretty much did it for me. As a paying customer and a regular player? I am down to just playing a few hours and not even considering renewing my VIP. Once VIP has runned out? I am certainly gone. This game isn't worth my time or money anymore. Too bad it was such a good game that I was willingly wanting to support. I even recommended it to several friends, but due to changes that pretty much made those friends not even be interested anymore after a few days gaming. How can I encourage them to stay? How can I even stay anymore? It's time for me to seek out for another game that is definitely worth my time and money because this one just died for me!

I truly truly hope you guys take these key changes back because it will definitely kill the fun content this game once was. I may be just one person, but I am sure sooner or later people will feel their time and money isn't worth here anymore and will venture out to games that are worth it.

So please listen to your player base feedback. The majority are complaining for a reason!
  • xfznn1xfznn1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    i don't get it, what's the point in that change? i have done 15 edemo runs today and all the 15 i got a +1 +2 rings from the chests i have all the 15 chest prints if anyone want to see, so now we have the same garbage but now we can't avoid them is that it? you guys trying to make us stop playing? i don't see any point in playing this anymore with that change. just broke the game.

I'm sorry but you either didn't read my entire post or is just ignorant... My contention clearly says this is forcing new players into buying ZEN, which is exactly what you reinforced by stating the VIP level which gives you 3 keys being at 6 months. So I'm now

I read your entire post and I understand what you are saying. It's not helpful to a productive discussion to call others ignorant. Doing that, you draw a line in the sand and create an adversarial atmosphere, rather than working together toward a better mutual understanding.

You are definitely right in back tracking to say second or third free key is fair and balanced.

I didn't say this iteration of the change was ideal for new players. I said it's ideal for newer players that also happen to have the VIP level that grants free keys. The reason is that newer players are more likely to benefit from account bound loot, and the 4 free keys in total gives you four epic dungeon key runs per day (per character). Since not all newer players have VIP, I went on to add that increasing the basic key allotment beyond the current 1/day/toon would make the change fairer.

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    You broke the loot chest in FBI. No chest for a chance on new gear. Well played. Should I make ticket for this? Because I feel cheated. Will you give me an hour of my life back?
    lantern22 said:

I'm not so sure about new players being better off . If the new bits of armour etc are better than the elven or drow series then maybe, but if they aren't . . . . well by the time your running the dungeons to get them you already have or are just about to get better gear anyway. Maybe if you get some decent Artifact drops your better off.

I'm not sure, either, whether new players are better off than they were before. That depends on the actual chances in the loot table, which will probably take weeks of game play to get a feel for (not just your own runs, but paying attention to what others get).

What I'm saying is that newer players will like the change more than players that already have pretty much all the gear & companions they want/need. I got some pretty cool stuff that's bound to account. I can't use it on any of the characters I usually play, simply because they're already geared out.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    vida44 said:

You broke the loot chest in FBI. No chest for a chance on new gear. Well played. Should I make ticket for this? Because I feel cheated. Will you give me an hour of my life back?

It's there. They got rid of the chest in the chest and it just drops with the rest of the loot. So if you see a ring, transmute or opal/sapphire that's what would've dropped from your ostorian chest.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    urabask said:

vida44 said:

It's there. They got rid of the chest in the chest and it just drops with the rest of the loot. So if you see a ring, transmute or opal/sapphire that's what would've dropped from your ostorian chest.
    I'll repeat. It's not in the patch notes. I have no reason to believe that.
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    vida44 said:

Incase you are wondering - I did get a Relic Arm from that chest yesterday - no chest in the chest anymore but the armor still drops.
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I believe there is a noticeable difference in the loot drop - there IS a noticeable increase, even for people like me who has no luck in rng whatsoever. So far, I've seen many more people getting nicer rewards from my party/guild/alliance than they did before. As someone stated before, the price of Orcus wand dropped by alot - that shows an increase in drop rate at least. So did the price of some other items. But by how much? How much is right to not mess up the market too much and yet not too little for the players?

Of course, the big question is:
    Is the key change justifiable with the new loot drop %?
    More runs will be needed still at least for me to put a verdict out.
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    I've seen a lot of hate and rage about this,, and a lot of ppl lamenting about how the orange +5 rings don't exist,,, well, from playing epics myself yesterday, I have decided that much of it is just plain HAMSTER,,, I've noticed an increase in loot drops, alot of purple +4 rings which salvage for around 5k AD. Sure, not every chest was a winner,, but it's a heck of a lot better than the POSSIBLE occasional blue ring drops I was getting before, and as for the orange rings not existing, I call Bull Hamster on that,, my last run of the day was EToS and due to a bad dodge (it happens sometimes), I ended up sitting out the rest of the fight, which gave me plenty of time to check over my teammates. Wont mention names because of forum rules, but low and behold there were,, count them, not 1 but 2 Oathbound Palys, each of which had not 1, but 2 +5 rings each. And the second Paly had stuck a third one on her pet,,, thats a total of 5! Now I know they may not be all that easy to get,, but sheesh ppl,, they are dropping,, I've seen it with my own eyes. Flame me and call me a liar all you want,,, this is my last post on this topic. I'm going back to spending more time playing the game than wasting it complaining on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.