test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3.9 Swordmaster Conqueror GF in Fangbreaker Island & Assault on Svardborg (Master)

kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
edited January 2017 in The Guard Barracks
Hi everyone, this is my first video as a GF, my main is Ly'saaera, a SW, but since she has nothing to get from FBI and MSVA I decided to play on GF (it has been my dream in this game to make a dps GF). I hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/J4euOyEzRKI
Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
Post edited by kallephi#0836 on

Comments

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Sweet damage. Also love the AA spam, once ac clerics go down the protection paladin path things will get truly interesting.

PS: Also really cool to see what appears to be lag free gameplay! I didnt see any delays or rubberbanding.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    emilemo said:

Sweet damage. Also love the AA spam, once ac clerics go down the protection paladin path things will get truly interesting.

PS: Also really cool to see what appears to be lag free gameplay! I didnt see any delays or rubberbanding.

Ya, DC changes will "hurt" everyone. And about no lag, I usually don't get lags until 1-2am (I'm in UTC -2). Thanks for your comment ^^
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    That GF is protector and judging by the buffs on targets full damage reductor you dont value him because AA grants you full imunity for now, he's a rare spec that gives everything for the team, i'm glad there are of those out there, but i do think he's build is bad, in the current game state hp>defence, he just had to eliminate defence over hp, get the "leftovers" put into recovery and use a T.Fey, with that and decent everfrost resistance and he would be the supreme protector :D

That GF is protector and judging by the buffs on targets full damage reductor you dont value him because AA grants you full imunity for now, he's a rare spec that gives everything for the team, i'm glad there are of those out there, but i do think he's build is bad, in the current game state hp>defence, he just had to eliminate defence over hp, get the "leftovers" put into recovery and use a T.Fey, with that and decent everfrost resistance and he would be the supreme protector :D

Well I didn't say anything, it was the dc that complained xD
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2017

I run a GF, conquerer atm, but with a completely defensive/buff orientated setup and it is a spec that guarants a success in a random eSVA, no clue what nerfs the DC will get, but this will only raise the value of that setup.
    Knights valor, daunting challenge, Crushing pin, T feytouched, Dancing shield, rustmonster, chicken etc. ...
    Running KV + buffs/debuffs in a mSVA with a random group it is the GF who saves the most butts in there, despite AA , wich is not up 24/7 in most groups.
    You shield 60% of incoming damage for the group and debuff the boss for 20% fey + 15% rust + 10% chicken
    Protector capstone is broken and doesn´t stack so only 5%.
    Defense debuff 20% dancing shield + 10 % Crushing pin+mark 20%

There is an interesting new "Turtle protector build" in the guard section for IV, wich will do great, especially in SVA, where everyone dies instanly without protection and buffs.
    My experiences with those random groups are horrible so far and would be a nightmare without a good GF with a tank/debuff setup.

But nice to see that both options are viable, can´t afford the dps setup anyway atm :)
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

I run a GF, conquerer atm, but with a completely defensive/buff orientated setup and it is a spec that guarants a success in a random eSVA, no clue what nerfs the DC will get, but this will only raise the value of that setup.
    Knights valor, daunting challenge, Crushing pin, T feytouched, Dancing shield, rustmonster, chicken etc. ...
    Running KV + buffs/debuffs in a mSVA with a random group it is the GF who saves the most butts in there, despite AA , wich is not up 24/7 in most groups.
    You shield 60% of incoming damage for the group and debuff the boss for 20% fey + 15% rust + 10% chicken
    Defense debuff 20% dancing shield + 10 % Crushing pin

There is an interesting new "Turtle protector build" in the guard section for IV, wich will do great, especially in SVA, where everyone dies instanly without protection and buffs.
    My experiences with those random groups are horrible so far and would be a nightmare without a good GF with a tank/debuff setup.

But nice to see that both options are viable, can´t afford the dps setup anyway atm :)
    I've seen bowser build, it's a good build but i dont think it will perform as well as a full HP-> LS build specially in scenarios with EF damage, the investment in strengh will increase the GF's damage but so will HP increase and many times stamina is not much needed, Tenebrous enchantments are not possible to use in almost any scenerio, this would be one of those almost any where a tenebrous r12 would fit as well as more HP = more guarded assault, i would still go for frozen reflection and new SoMI set but i would simply make sure to have around 16% deflect chance and 15% life steal chance and no other enchant apart from fey, damage debuffs must have an equation just like damage buffs but afaik nobody steped forward with one and if you go it some mobs in WoD you will se the damage reduction from T.Fey will be superior to 18%, something around 25% that's why i'll take a look on iron guard next week when i download preview, probably the debuff is wai but applied in the incorrect part of the equation. About companions after trying them out, taking some data out of them i have no doubts that golden lion is the best defender companion, taking apart 1 or 2 situations(for summoned).

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Defense debuff 20% dancing shield + 10 % Crushing pin

I've seen bowser build, it's a good build but i dont think it will perform as well as a full HP-> LS build specially in scenarios with EF damage, the investment in strengh will increase the GF's damage but so will HP increase and many times stamina is not much needed, Tenebrous enchantments are not possible to use in almost any scenerio, this would be one of those almost any where a tenebrous r12 would fit as well as more HP = more guarded assault, i would still go for frozen reflection and new SoMI set but i would simply make sure to have around 16% deflect chance and 15% life steal chance and no other enchant apart from fey, damage debuffs must have an equation just like damage buffs but afaik nobody steped forward with one and if you go it some mobs in WoD you will se the damage reduction from T.Fey will be superior to 18%, something around 25% that's why i'll take a look on iron guard next week when i download preview, probably the debuff is wai but applied in the incorrect part of the equation. About companions after trying them out, taking some data out of them i have no doubts that golden lion is the best defender companion, taking apart 1 or 2 situations(for summoned).
    You are right, turtle setup is not easy and I miss my dps/threat.
    After running a turtle setup for short, my personal experience also tells me that LS arround 20% combined with damage, apart from HP and capped DR, is the most comfortable way to run a tank GF. Putting every effort into deflect and ignoring LS did not make me happy tbh.
    Apart from that, Protector capstone doesn´t do anything and tactition capstone is also weak (tested both), so there are not much arguments left to not run a Conqueror.
    Protector is a spec arround 2,5IL, tactition 2,5-3 imo, but above 3k with a maxed companion there is no need to go for Plate Agility, Shield Defence and the following feats.
    Same as there is not much in the Tactitiontree, I can´t achieve by running Conquerer (Fight On, Crushing Pin, Daunting Challenge).
    So my mind is made up and my setup for better geared GF´s should be a Conqueror as full dps and a Conqueror+15point Tactition for a tank setup.
    Companions wich are pretty good imo:
    dancing shield -> best defence debuff ingame from companions, 20% + effectiveness for the group, nothing can beat that actually
    Chicken 10% damagedebuff, Rustmonster up tp 15% damagedebuff, Sylph would be nice also
    About Stalwart golden lion I can´t say anything, but looks like it´s a buff for 2% damage at 5 feet, not sure how many stacks you can achieve apart from a 10% damagedebuff, but I have to run that companion as active to benefit from maybe 3 stacks, and my 20% defence debuff from dancing shield is stronger tbh. (stunns giants on top)

Sorry kallephi for those misleading small talk.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    Master SVA run done today ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABr2P1qz1EU
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Very nice! I myself am trying out this stupid Conqueror cheese and it's been a blast, for the challenge and to troll the lesser informed about DPS GFs.

Lunging Strike is unusual to see, but I did like how you used it to move from a group to group in the first part.

Cleave is also an ... unusual sight to me. But you made it work, so props!

I like Knee Breaker, but there's something satisfying about landing a buffed up Anvil... maybe it's the sound? (Or the huge number that flies on the screen...)

Btw, my GF is somewhat suffering in the Crit chance department (think 75-80% chance, with Bondings up and no capstone). I say this as a 3,700 Conqueror with 3 Vivified Raid pieces, two orange rings, Brutal 12s, Fire Archon w/3x R12 Bondings, and 3x Loyal Avengers.

Yours looked as though you didn't have many issues with Crit... do you (or anyone else out there) have any suggestions for beefing up my Crit chance?

edited January 2017
    rjc9000 said:

Very nice! I myself am trying out this stupid Conqueror cheese and it's been a blast, for the challenge and to troll the lesser informed about DPS GFs.

Lunging Strike is unusual to see, but I did like how you used it to move from a group to group in the first part.

I like Knee Breaker, but there's something satisfying about landing a buffed up Anvil... maybe it's the sound? (Or the huge number that flies on the screen...)

Btw, my GF is somewhat suffering in the Crit chance department (think 75-80% chance, with Bondings up and no capstone). I say this as a 3,700 Conqueror with 3 Vivified Raid pieces, two orange rings, Brutal 12s, Fire Archon w/3x R12 Bondings, and 3x Loyal Avengers.

Yours looked as though you didn't have many issues with Crit... do you (or anyone else out there) have any suggestions for beefing up my Crit chance?
    Hey rjc9000. I have 83.6% crit with bondings because I ALWAYS carry with me at least 50 wild storm elixirs, squash soups and superior elixirs of accuracy. I still miss around 700 crit from helmet, some small crit from vivified pieces and 1 or 2 more offense slots on my companion (yes I aim for 5 offense slots always). According to my maths I'll have 95-97% crit in the end.

PS: I don't use azures on me or companion, I use the brutals from my SW because I'm kinda poor and because I like brutals over azures

I don't like cleave, I use crushing surge + weapon master's strike.

The charge from a point to another in the map came from my PvP experience in World of Warcraft as a Protection Warrior PvP back in Wrath of the Lich King xD Guess it's a common sense now that I love sword and board toons, right? xD

Knee Breaker damage is way higher than Anvil although it's a dot, it's good to use in long fights
  • sundavillesundaville Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Good videos :smiley:
    What companions you have? Also which mount power you are using? :smile:
    edited January 2017

rjc9000 said:

Hey rjc9000. I have 83.6% crit with bondings because I ALWAYS carry with me at least 50 wild storm elixirs, squash soups and superior elixirs of accuracy. I still miss around 700 crit from helmet, some small crit from vivified pieces and 1 or 2 more offense slots on my companion (yes I aim for 5 offense slots always). According to my maths I'll have 95-97% crit in the end.

PS: I don't use azures on me or companion, I use the brutals from my SW because I'm kinda poor and because I like brutals over azures

The charge from a point to another in the map came from my PvP experience in World of Warcraft as a Protection Warrior PvP back in Wrath of the Lich King xD Guess it's a common sense now that I love sword and board toons, right? xD

Knee Breaker damage is way higher than Anvil although it's a dot, it's good to use in long fights
    Ah. I personally loathe relying on consumables as a method to boost my Crit, as it effectively screws with my crit when I get downed. Granted, as a GF, I shouldn't be going down, but I like to think about these situations in case they happen.

I know Knee Breaker does more damage than Anvil, but there's something about Anvil I like.

rjc9000 said:

rjc9000 said:

Ah. I personally loathe relying on consumables as a method to boost my Crit, as it effectively screws with my crit when I get downed. Granted, as a GF, I shouldn't be going down, but I like to think about these situations in case they happen.

I know Knee Breaker does more damage than Anvil, but there's something about Anvil I like.
    If you watch my GF and SW videos, everytime I die the first thing I do is to press 6 for superior elixir of accuracy and open my bag to eat squash soup hahaha
    And I know what you like about Anvil... "pom"...

rjc9000 said:

rjc9000 said:

If you watch my GF and SW videos, everytime I die the first thing I do is to press 6 for superior elixir of accuracy and open my bag to eat squash soup hahaha
    And I know what you like about Anvil... "pom"...
    I am a lazy GF. I usually never bother with my potions bar (sometimes I barely even use the Llira's Bell) and only open my bag to get rid of junk and occasionally press a Tear of Bahamut to revive my scrub teammates valuable team members.

• sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    @rjc9000

I might suggest using mount bonus for 2k Crit.

Rage Drake might be cheapest option.

Or you could grab Heavy Howler for full account unlock. (If you use a coupon or wait for a sale)

I use Food + Potion and have an approximate Crit % of 89.3% no capstone.

-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
    sadus671 said:

@rjc9000

I might suggest using mount bonus for 2k Crit.

Rage Drake might be cheapest option.

Or you could grab Heavy Howler for full account unlock. (If you use a coupon or wait for a sale)

I use Food + Potion and have an approximate Crit % of 89.3% no capstone.

I forgot that I own a Heavy Howler atm (but I think I'm using the Dusk Unicorn Lifesteal bonus).

I picked up a legendary ring to stuff into my Con Artist, so an extra Brutal 12 will help there quite a bit.

I also decided to cave in and just use food to keep me at a good Crit chance.

I think I have ultimately sorted out my Crit chance, I am sitting around 90% with Squash Soup/SH food/Storm elixir. Thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah and I was seriously thinking about using a Rage Drake yesterday, I'm now sitting at 87.1%, still need 2 orange rings on my companion and 670 crit from the helmet. But I guess today is the day, new dungeon key system ^^
    Just the mount will bring me to around 92.1%