test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When will be PVP guild tricks penalized or is the legit/solo player always the loser

2»

Comments

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    drewhayes said:

emilemo said:

pando83 said:

People who only care about "winning" in PvP make me laugh.
    As if there were PvP rewards good enough to justify such behaviours.
    People should just join PvP for the fun of a fight, who cares who wins and who loses. When i meet my guildies on an opposite team, we always fight each others, sometimes even focusing each others, just for the fun of the fight.
    Players who only care about kills, or wins, or who just "don't fight guild mates/ allies" if they are in the opposite team, should not join PvP in the first place.
    And if you're a competitive PvPer you should obviously try to win, but also look for hard fights first. And fight to the finish.

Being in a one-sided match where there's no fight is much worse than just "losing", in my opinion.

What about people who find the single 1.5 item level guy on the opposing team and focus them relentlessly till the end of the match? Just like a certain 4k eoa tr on my party did last night to an obviously new to pvp dude. Guess he falls in the "people who only care about kills" bracket and should not join PVP at all right? Along with half his guild. Good riddance too
    So it's okay for your 3k - 4k IL's to pound my 2.5 IL into the ground.... but when I go after the newb your team is carrying thru to BIS, I'm the Hamster?

I carry nothing and Im part of a small pve guild. I play a 4k pvp OP and almost always queue alone. Oh and I also never miss a chance to tell a premade what I think of them when I see them gang up on a buncha lowbies like a pack of rabid dogs while leaving my toon alone..

When I kill someone too fast it usually means he's low since paladins are not exactly known for their insane burst damage. After i confirm by inspecting I leave them be since any further fighting is pointless.

I also want to win and I also want a fun, balanced match but such thing as ''fair'' doesnt exist in Neverwinter pvp so I create my own brand of fair and abide by it.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2017

If it was a premade vs premade match, I'm sure that the GF will fight to protect his node

But neverwinter PvP is not based on PMvsPM. This means that basically such player/s care only about one way to play PvP (their little competitive world) while ruining the rest of the game for the other players.
    So for that GF if the game is a PMvsPM match/ match of his liking, he plays good. If not, he HAMSTER the game up for everyone else. Like a little spoiled brat.
    It's as if a PvE player would play good when doing a run with his guild, but then HAMSTER everything up when running with a random team.
    Such players can't then talk about how to balance the game or how to change the game, because they show that they don't care about improving the game for everyone, but only about changing it to meet their interests.
    Such people do more harm than good to the game. Because, basically, they make the game environment worse for everyone else except themselves and their friends/ guild mates.

The goal of a MMORPG is to play with other players and cooperate. Playing competitive like PvP guilds do when they organize premade vs premade matches, is only one way to play PvP. And it's not even the majority of players who likes it that way.
    Some players only play in their little competitive PvP world and think they are some kind of elite or "real PvP circle". While they are normal people, often even worse than normal players.

Like the GF you mentioned, they ruin the fun for everyone else when the game does not adapt to their needs. Like little spoiled kids. But for some players it's the "smart" way to play ;) You get the idea of what kind of players they are.
    It's the player who must adapt to the game and get along with the other players, in a MMORPG. Not the opposite. Or such player can as well go play a single player game.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    It wouldn't be hard to code up a selective/priority queue matching based on ilvl and guild/alliance membership. Simple, put ilvl's from a-b/c-d/e-f in queue 1, 2, or 3 etc, and don't put members in the same alliance on opposing teams.

I stopped playing pvp altogether years ago because of the reasons posted here. Just saying, as a programmer, it's not hard to fair things up a bit. It's management that calls the shots, not the devs, and 9/10 management sucks ****.

And the people acting like spoiled brats in game, probably are in real life, I agree with the shame thing, we don't need the devs for that either, screenshots and forums work well for that.

• crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    pando83 said:

So for that GF if the game is a PMvsPM match/ match of his liking, he plays good. If not, he HAMSTER the game up for everyone else. Like a little spoiled brat.

I'm not sure what exactly the player did. It is hard to determine without video of the match. I could easily think of a lot of valid tactical reasons. Maybe that player being the best class to clear, was needed in order nodes to clear faster. Maybe that player was stalling multiple players. Maybe they were about to cap/lose a node (GFs with Into the Fray are able to rotate faster). But really I don't know because I didn't see it. I've given you a list of reasons that might fit though.

I merely brought up the premade vs premade because there are less variances there. Everyone on the team knows their responsibility so would be unlikely that the GF would carry multi-node responsibilities.
    pando83 said:

The goal of a MMORPG is to play with other players and cooperate.

That is true. I just think this new capping system causes a lot of headaches with pugs who do not know how to rotate. You don't have time to explain and convince the rules. All of the sudden you're getting capped because you have 3 pugs fighting on mid trying to play with the Rogue.
    metalldjt said:

i am 100% sure if devs would listen and do what i say towards the PvP Content of this game, i would make everyone happy... But you see everyone has to stand in my way these days

The bottleneck is the devs listening, not other players diluting your feedback. Or else we would've had new PVP maps years ago.
  • ilusiphurilusiphur Member Posts: 34 Arc User

pando83 said:

I'm not sure what exactly the player did. It is hard to determine without video of the match. I could easily think of a lot of valid tactical reasons. Maybe that player being the best class to clear, was needed in order nodes to clear faster. Maybe that player was stalling multiple players. Maybe they were about to cap/lose a node (GFs with Into the Fray are able to rotate faster). But really I don't know because I didn't see it. I've given you a list of reasons that might fit though.

I merely brought up the premade vs premade because there are less variances there. Everyone on the team knows their responsibility so would be unlikely that the GF would carry multi-node responsibilities.
    pando83 said:

The goal of a MMORPG is to play with other players and cooperate.

That is true. I just think this new capping system causes a lot of headaches with pugs who do not know how to rotate. You don't have time to explain and convince the rules. All of the sudden you're getting capped because you have 3 pugs fighting on mid trying to play with the Rogue.
    metalldjt said:

i am 100% sure if devs would listen and do what i say towards the PvP Content of this game, i would make everyone happy... But you see everyone has to stand in my way these days

The bottleneck is the devs listening, not other players diluting your feedback. Or else we would've had new PVP maps years ago.
    When the Premade team can hold a node against the entire enemy team with 1 or 2 players, how are PUG's supposed to learn how to rotate?
    ilusiphur said:

When the Premade team can hold a node against the entire enemy team with 1 or 2 players, how are PUG's supposed to learn how to rotate?

In those instances, there are 2 scenarios. If the pugs aren't being cleared in under a minute, then they can cap the node and then immediately leave a single person on the node. If the pugs are being cleared in under a minute, then don't bother fighting/capping and just leave a single person to run around the node, go around the totempoles and distract the opponent to try and survive as best as he can even if it means 20 seconds.

PVP matchmaking isn't fair which is why I am lobbying for gear balancing.

Watch videos, set up premade matches to learn rotations, talk to PvPers. Like honestly, one have to be super *beeeep* to not realize what to do in PvP after his first few matches.

1) Most PvP videos are "my class/build/paycheck is so Hugh Mungous I can rekt this whole team! Lulz!"
    2) This one really bugs me. A lot of premades keep suggesting that "under-geared" toons can just set up their own premades & that will fix everything! That is so wrong. A per-made composed of 2kIL toons is going to face the same problem as a PUG team. Either you get matched against a PUG team (unlikely) & you have a good fight. That teaches you how to have a good fight, but teaches you nothing about dealing with a team with IL 1k -2k higher. Or you face an actual premade & get stomped. & you learn nothing by getting stomped.
    3) Once again, it sounds like a good idea, but really it's not. If I talk to players that are like me, they don't know any more than I do.. if I talk to experienced players, they don't want to give me any actually useful advice. Just like you. High level PvP'er like to complain that newbz & pugs don't know "how to rotate." Have you actually put up a video that shows what you are complaining about? Because most PvP players that I have talked to wouldn't condescend to share information that might get used against them.
    edited January 2017

1.) There are hundreds of videos from PC player where you can even listen to the teams rotation calls. Open YouTube.

2.) You understood me wrong. To set up a premade match means to grab 10 people and fight 5vs5.

3.) Most PvPers do even try to teach "pugz" how to rotate while the match is going on. Though 99% of the "pugz" don't listen.

1) I have not watched hundreds of YouTube videos about Neverwinter PvP, but I have spent 5- 6 hours watching them. I have never seen one that had the original audio from the game. All the vids I found had the sound stripped out & replaced with a 33,000 BPM euro-trash EDM track. When you're watching some gearz monster brag about rekting an entire team cuz his toon is such a beast, that gets real depressing, real fast. Maybe, as a PvP-guild member you have contact information for all the guildies, or maybe you are on a mailing list that goes out whenever some1 posts a new vid. Feel free to post links, if you'd like.

2) 10 player/5vs5 games are not a thing as far as I know. I have seen several PvP-Guild players in the forums complaining about how long it takes to set up that exact situation. From what I have read, it takes over an hour (about 5 tries) to get a single match.

3) It is impossible to "teach" anything while a match is going on. That would require the player to stop fighting & type an explanation. In which case, by the time they finished typing, even a high lvl toon would be ground down to 0 HP. When I do get instructions in party chat during a match, it is "go 2" , "go 1" "focus on center" type stuff. Those are nice clear instructions. Not real helpful, because I am usually waiting to respawn when I get them, though. Usually by the time I do run from the campfire to wherever I am "needed" my teammate has died & am stuck facing 3 - 5enemies. Which is 2 -4 more enemies than it takes to kill me. all of which goes to prove my original point. It is impossible for low lvl players to learn to PvP by constantly facing enemy teams of high lvl players.
    edited January 2017
    ilusiphur said:

I have spent 5- 6 hours watching them. I have never seen one that had the original audio from the game. All the vids I found had the sound stripped out & replaced with a 33,000 BPM euro-trash EDM track. When you're watching some gearz monster brag about rekting an entire team cuz his toon is such a beast, that gets real depressing, real fast. Maybe, as a PvP-guild member you have contact information for all the guildies, or maybe you are on a mailing list that goes out whenever some1 posts a new vid. Feel free to post links, if you'd like.

Which videos did you watch may I ask? We can take this to private messages since this conversation will for sure lead to some naming and shaming. (I have a lot of strong opinions regarding specific players from all sorts of PVP guilds)

• rschragerrschrager Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    PvP is a big part of my game and I'm as frustrated as anyone by the current state, but still... statements like this:

> Just saying, as a programmer, it's not hard to...

always make me cringe. Everyone has grand ideas for formulas and algorithms that they believe would be vastly superior to whatever is implemented now, but "as a programmer", it's kinda foolish to make the kind of assumptions about existing architecture and code structure that you'd need to have to make any sort of prediction as to the level of difficulty associated with changing the basic behavior of a major component of the software.