test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key and Useful Items for Preview

Comments

• whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533
    We need GOOD loot in hard dungeons!

For example New dungeons for 3.7k IL and best loot there for saling it in AH.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017

@mimicking#6533

We really don't need more arbitrary ilvl gating. Everyone says they want hard dungeons but I can count the number of FBI runs going on at any time on my hands.

What we need is consistently better loot and BoE loot that is worth selling on the AH independent of its scarcity.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    I had two runs only on preview with some mates. I understand that the excitement is ruled by the RNG because we didn't find anything exciting.
    More info about the drop rate would be appreciated.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    urabask said:

@mimicking#6533

We really don't need more arbitrary ilvl gating.
    so? how you think devs can improove situation with dungeons?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    To elaborate on something upthread, this new BtAoP/BtCoE bind behavior would probably be enormously appreciated if applied to items that are somewhat devastating to receive on a character that can't use them, when another of your alts could. Ostorian rings and all SH epic item drops spring immediately to mind. It would be a logical step in overhauling loot to make gameplay more rewarding, and one that I hope would not contradict the overarching itemization plan (whereas I see how other common requests sadly do).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited January 2017

urabask said:

@mimicking#6533

We really don't need more arbitrary ilvl gating.
    so? how you think devs can improove situation with dungeons?
    The only issue with dungeons is the terrible loot.

Difficulty complaints are made by a vocal minority that will never be satisfied. There are a lot of issues with balance that need to be dealt with before they think about making difficult content anyways.

Gating the best loot behind a high ilvl is a terrible idea because it just rewards players that don't really need it.

What they need are more moderate changes similar to the one they took when they added r8 enchants to the chests in CN. Stuff that has intrinsic value that won't be significantly affected by a relatively high drop rate makes the best loot.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User

As I said in my recent post-unbind Svardborg marks. It will be truly impossible to obtain legendary relic weapons after these changes. It is already near-impossible for most players now.

Unbinding the marks would be nice, but does absolutely nothing to address the poor drop rate for the legendary marks. I don't disagree with you, I just want to make sure no devs think that if they simply unbound the marks, it'll be fine.

Unbinding something that is going to require an unreasonable amount of grinding and money lost each time for the tiny chance of getting 1 of *30* required marks is like putting lipstick on a pig.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    thank you for the new inventory tab for keys and some other items! that sounds fine!
    as for the new loot table in dungeons without peeking, i wonder how it will work out... just curious. ^^
  • silver11#9318 silver11 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Although it wasnt asked for, I think a simple solution to boe, btc, and bta would be to combine them. For example: lesser resonance stones. In your inventory youd have the symbol for a lesser resonance stone(if you have any). Youd click on it, and it would expand depending how many of each type you have in your inventory.Then you can click on which one youd like to use. With this system, youd save ALOT of bag space because each individual item would take up only one slot, regardless of how many boe, bta, btc variations you have.
  • legendkiwilegendkiwi Member Posts: 5 Arc User

The changes do not seem enough, varied, or farmable.

I simply fail to see what any or all hype is about at all.

You gave us HAMSTER, that we have to automatically take, that we cannot sell..

Why would anyone here be happy about this change.. its the same sort of nonsense that has started with mod 10.

The game , frankly was fine .. loot was ok.. your issue is you made Fishing and HEs worth doing 100 times more then dungeons.

None of this fixes that.. in fact it forces people into fishing and hes.. of course you could just nerf those.. as you seem happy to do with everything else , even remotely player sided in your game.

Totally agree x 1000000 RIP dungeons, hello fishing =(
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    my 2 cents

useful items tab is a fantastic idea and will alleviate a lot of the stress in inventory management. Big win for the players thank you!

As for the dungeon key items being bound to account...... this is not only a bad idea but is bad for the game in general in the long run. No rare item should be bound to anything especially artifacts or companions that are being pulled using REAL MONEY zen keys (legendary dragon). Personally I was hoping a change in the attitudes to shift more away from this love affair with bound items (since this is designed to shrink the revenue stream for the f2p player), however it doesn't seem that this attitude will change going forward. Overall good changes marred by this glaring flaw that ruins any good that will come from increasing the loot tables and drop rates from chests in dungeons. This will likely erode the player base even further. Sorry guys just being honest.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User

http://prnt.sc/drx6g5 what the ?

http://prnt.sc/drx1ki what the ?

ALL this time you developed what here? my key will get consume for this garbage?

Players were somewhat intrigued by the "cursed" or quirky items introduced in Stronghold HEs, though I would remind the devs that HE rewards don't cost anything to open. (BTW, can we please get the SH HE epic drops changed to this new type of binding? BtC on the wrong character sucks. TYVM)

Ugh... I think I just inadvertently made a point in favour of HEs. Sorry.
    I would love to see the bind state changed for the HE equipment! Even better add them to the dungeon reward list ,with this new bind state, at item level 150 like these new items.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533

I believe your teams has lost sight of some of the issues during implementation.

players want value for their money / time as Zen Keys / campaign keys are worth 25,000AD per key. there needs to be at least 25k worth of usable value every time you use a key, now there will be some player who believe this should be sale-able value which would be nice but you end up in an infinite loop of keys which is virtually the same as peaking. my suggestion is bonus bound universal RP given when lower tiers of loot are received (everything below Legendary / Artifacts ect) , last time i checked a stack of peridots has an 0.35 AD to 1 RP ratio based on this:

25,000AD is 71,428 of RP
    remove from that the salvage value of the the lower tiered items (@ max AD Bonus) for arguments sake lets say 4000AD or 11,428RP.
    so the player is due 60,000 bound RP, I'm sure most players would be happy with this.

I see the pros as :
    Players wanting to buy keys
    AD into the RP market is moved into the zen market
    Players rewarded for running content
    Assists in character progression to path way into harder content

Cons :

RP Market may crash

The other issue is RNG for desirable items, there needs to be a Seal system for these types of items given as a bonus when not receiving a desirable item drop. Again this would add value to the Key

Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Im warning your. These changes will make people only run dungeons when they have a free key. That means people will play less and thats a downward spiral you do not want to start.

Im not spending my time in a dungeon unless I know i have a fair chance of getting something good and the very minimum a small profit. And a small profit means that it should cover the key cost + additional profit ontop of that 25k.

You do realize that we run the dungeons to make PROFIT right? If I cant even get the cost of the key back after a 30-60 min dungeon run, then thats clearly the opposite of profit. And by fair chance I mean i dont want to run CN 150+ times without even seeing anyone in the party getting the artifact (and yes thats a true story).

the RNG in this game has to DIE.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• izthasizthas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    YOU GUYS SHOULD BRING BACK THE DUNGEONS DELVES EVENT AT LEAST ANY 4 OR 6 HOURS (This kind of thing not worth it)
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    hastati96 said:

hastati96 said:

Is it possible to get legendary mounts in dungeons?

Nope

How do you know that? You are not a dev neither a producer o.o
    -_- I even quoted the answer! *sigh* Do you even read?!
    FrozenFire
    edited January 2017

@mimicking#6533

I believe your teams has lost sight of some of the issues during implementation.

players want value for their money / time as Zen Keys / campaign keys are worth 25,000AD per key. there needs to be at least 25k worth of usable value every time you use a key, now there will be some player who believe this should be sale-able value which would be nice but you end up in an infinite loop of keys which is virtually the same as peaking. my suggestion is bonus bound universal RP given when lower tiers of loot are received (everything below Legendary / Artifacts ect) , last time i checked a stack of peridots has an 0.35 AD to 1 RP ratio based on this:

25,000AD is 71,428 of RP
    remove from that the salvage value of the the lower tiered items (@ max AD Bonus) for arguments sake lets say 4000AD or 11,428RP.
    so the player is due 60,000 bound RP, I'm sure most players would be happy with this.

I see the pros as :
    Players wanting to buy keys
    AD into the RP market is moved into the zen market
    Players rewarded for running content
    Assists in character progression to path way into harder content

Cons :

RP Market may crash

The other issue is RNG for desirable items, there needs to be a Seal system for these types of items given as a bonus when not receiving a desirable item drop. Again this would add value to the Key

I think bound preservation wards would be the best item to add. RP is expensive and it would be nice to see the market reigned in a bit but after you've got all your RP you're stuck buying your marks and then you sit there crying as you burn through 50+ wards on one upgrade. It's the one part of the game where they can throw a large amount of value at players and it won't matter because the odds are so terrible that it's a drop in the bucket compared to the overall number of wards you'll need.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User

Im warning your. These changes will make people only run dungeons when they have a free key. That means people will play less and thats a downward spiral you do not want to start.

Im not spending my time in a dungeon unless I know i have a fair chance of getting something good and the very minimum a small profit. And a small profit means that it should cover the key cost + additional profit ontop of that 25k.

You do realize that we run the dungeons to make PROFIT right? If I cant even get the cost of the key back after a 30-60 min dungeon run, then thats clearly the opposite of profit. And by fair chance I mean i dont want to run CN 150+ times without even seeing anyone in the party getting the artifact (and yes thats a true story).

the RNG in this game has to DIE.

Yep, exactly. Go one CN, burn 1 greater demonic key, 1 daily free key, get s..t and thats it. If you have 3 VIP keys, you can do 3 more runs with 1/2 reward, or can farm free Tuern chest, till your brain dies. If you have more chars, you can repeat this. Not my case. It seems I will have more free time. And that is not bad after all. :)

Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • galopikusgalopikus Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    There should be a bound to character tab that expands infinitely, that way we can carry the 5 billion different armor pieces you're about to come out with.
  • uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I fear that this system is flawed, you seem to be trying to hard to make something that cannot work, to actually work.
    All these different, crazy keys for every dungeon, with high creation times, this defeats the purpose of actually playing the game. Imagine clearing Valindras Tower, slaying all her armies and Valindra herself in say 15 min, only to be met by the ultimate boss the Chest which requires 20h to "beat", thats ridiculous.
    Maybe a solution would be if dungeon chest would simply be treated as another type of lockbox that you can actually pickup and stack, only this time you would have an option to open this by a self created key(time consuming one). This would perhaps let players feel like they aren't losing loot from running the dungeons.
    But as a whole, the key idea is imo flawed and will never actually work. As things were now, with the peeking, was more of a system as if there were no keys, since rarity is ridiculously high and that pretty much requires you to carry only few keys which you rarely use. There must be other ways to have a lootsystem and a way for the company to make money, how are other games doing it?
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User

When I took a 2 month break from this game, 1 of the games I played was Tera. In Tera, the dungeon system has a hard cap on the number of end game dungeons you can run per day, whereby you can only do 2 of each per day. This was ultimately 1 of the main reasons I stopped playing Tera, because when I play an MMO, I like to SPAM dungeons and by forcing me to stop, you are taking away the content that I enjoy. You are literally limiting the fun I have in the game. These key changes feel a lot like that hard cap, except it is a lot clunkier. Imo, this system is even worse than the system in Tera, because it forces you to keep running campaigns (which I hate doing) to make keys, to make dungeons drop anything. Furthermore, when they do drop something, 99% of the time, it is absolutely nothing.

I said it before and I will say it again. Until the rewards inside of the special chest are worth more than the value of the key you use to open it, you are effectively killing off the running of dungeons. Also, I feel REALLY sorry for those people who don't already have their legendary marks, because now, they likely NEVER will have them. Nobody will want to accept those chests with these changes, because the rewards are so garbage that it is never justified and if you think people will spend 5 hours farming free keys doing fishing and HEs, just to run 5 eSVAs, I don't know what you have been smoking.

Ultimately @mimicking#6533 you have NOT listened to player feedback and this system is no better than when you originally proposed it. None of that gear is unbound, it is still directly connected to RNG and hardly any of it is worth it.

+1 Exactly my thought. :(:(
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light