test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Festival Extension

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Winter keeps coming!

The Winter Festival has been extended an extra week! In addition to all the contests and activities in Twilight Tor, this also extends the Winter Festival's Zenith so you will be able to continue getting Lights of Simril at an accelerated rate.

Note: There will be no Last Chance Vendor! Make sure to claim and redeem all your prizes and rewards before the event ends!

Updated Event Ending Schedule

PC January 12, 7:30AM PT
Xbox and PS4™ January 12, 10AM PT

Comments

• colossusdc#9777 colossusdc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Refinement extended also?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Refinement extended also?

Doubt it. The winter event extension would primarily be due to late receipt for replacement parcels by PS4 and Drider players, but they're giving it to everyone.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Nice!

I have to say, lately, you have been going in the right direction, keep up the good work! :)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Any chance that the instance population cap could be reduced to stop lag and rubberbanding?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Also on ps4 there is a super loud sound effect and visual effect that I assume is related to the sled racing. I spend several hours a day in the festival zone but must keep my tv on mute because of how loud the sound is. I'd rather hear the peaceful festival music and relax and go fishing in peace
  • Neat
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    thanks powers that be!
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Does this mean the currency campain currency store will still be up and reward double during the double campain rewards?
    It's suspicious this extra week, cryptic never does anything without a reason, maybe with prices of bondings coming down a rework is coming, well it's been advised long ago.

• havocwolf1973havocwolf1973 Member Posts: 9 Arc User

Winter keeps coming!

The Winter Festival has been extended an extra week! In addition to all the contests and activities in Twilight Tor, this also extends the Winter Festival's Zenith so you will be able to continue getting Lights of Simril at an accelerated rate.

Note: There will be no Last Chance Vendor! Make sure to claim and redeem all your prizes and rewards before the event ends!

Updated Event Ending Schedule

PC January 12, 7:30AM PT
    Xbox and PS4™ January 12, 10AM PT

Faith in the game restored keep up the good work guys love this
    Havocwolf-Dragoons of legend
    pitshade said:

Any chance that the instance population cap could be reduced to stop lag and rubberbanding?

Things might improve after a server reset. I think we're seeing the performance degradation they've mentioned when explaining why they need to do weekly resets even when there's no patch.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Awesome! Thanks for extending it and thanks for handling the issues during the event so well.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Normally I would be really excited about something like this but my luck has been so terrible in this event I already gave up on it. I guess I can do some more fishing!
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • fatkidhatchets#8425 fatkidhatchets Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Soooo, any thought of making simril lights and lumen worth something? Like actually letting folks upgrade the artifact to mystic with lumen, or putting something in the simril light store worth something? Maybe purchase other simril entertainer craftsmen to make more stuff? I don't care if they cost 40,000 a piece. Atleast then I can kinda justify it.

In either event, with or without it, I am sure you have made many folks happy. So I guesssss thank you even though this is going to make me want to shoot myself after the next 24 hr + gifting party lol
  • spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I'm happy for the people who really wanted or needed this extended (late start, infrequent play, bad RNG luck so far) but meh, for me personally.

I'll continue to get more vouchers from the refugee recruitment quest, and pick up the daily gift in case something nifty pops up. But...

- I've got my demon sled, so no more need to go looking for flakes.
    - Got the artifact to epic, so no more need to get lights... which means, combined with not much return from occasional pouches, and rare fish for campaign currency coming up so infrequently, means no more need to fish.
    - Most returns on gift parties are companions that I can't sell or auction and I've started seeing duplicates of those, so gift parties are nice if other people need to dial for lumen / companions but not necessary for me.
    - I've seen maybe 2 items from the fortune teller fortunes (scrolls of life steal or something).
    - Monsters on ice plus my wf & lesser fey usually means a few peridot and aquamarine for just a couple minutes wandering through, so that's still sort of useful, but I'm doing a lot of my farming in dread ring / sharandar for that anyway.

So yeah. I'd be all over an extension if lumen could be used to get the event artifact all the way to legendary, or if one could get more than one and use as a feeder. But otherwise, I can probably keep my winter festival time down to about 10 minutes a day...
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Yeah.....keep complaining (normally mass complain leads to changes tough not always good)!!
    Now seriously, i agree, no point in dropping so many lights, by the beggining of double rp i already had 1 full Blinding lumen stack after feeding the artifact it got to lvl 84, to me it doesn't matter, was instant banking but for many it does.

Mr devs, if by the 1% chance you read this ask yourselves, what do players want that will make them go crazy over an item in the zen market but still do something with the lights? Well one of the things was already kind of mentioned....artifact legendary and mithic unlock, simply make a hardish way to get those matterials from Simrill lightcrafting (that is not much rewarding atm) but also put them in the zen market.

What else to do with lights:
    Players get lots of scarves, you could had some winter dye simply by rotuling winterwolf or chillwind dye with another name and change the colours a bit.

Companions:
    Lots of companions out there will stay out of fashion without some winter equipment, such a shame avenger equipment cannot be obtainable anymore and some mean players kept some and are now getting easy money by selling it at crazy prices on ah. What i mean is sell Btc/Bta loyal equipment.
    And also many of them will not pass lvl 1, poor things, maybe a companion XP boost would work on that.

Demon sled:
    Demon sled is the only thing selling in the vendor, since there is no campain currency being awarded from the other seller and twisted set is becoming fadded why not sell some bags with currency?

There are plenty things you could give players with the lights without hurting your pockets, please get creative if the game lasts for another year.

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

What else to do with lights:
    Players get lots of scarves, you could had some winter dye simply by rotuling winterwolf or chillwind dye with another name and change the colours a bit.

I would love to see dyes that match some of the dye configs of the scarves. Let me dye my whole outfit the same bright electric blue as the scarf, etc.

• yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Oh snap. I approve!

After grinding my dailies out (again, for the 17,647,922nd time, it feels like), I spend my time fishing. Trying to farm Linu's on Tiamat is a pain, fishing is wayy better (Afkers, underpowered players, quitters and other saboteurs).

Plus, it's therapeutic. I know, that sounds kind of lame, but when you run out of things to do, and get bored with playing games, what do you do? I fish, with music playing off of my usb stick. Pressing A repeatedly, sometimes "X" for the fiery bolt when the Angler pops up, ain't difficult.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    we are in the process of moving. atm my internet connection is so bad I can barely pray and get my daily gift on all my toons on both platforms let alone do something like exchange gifts so this is really nice for me. in a couple days I should be able to move my tv upstairs to hard wire in until we can improve the wireless in our house. I was thinking I was going to totally miss out on the final gift exchanging.

and to the person who thought this must mean that something bad is about to happen to us.. pshaw. they're just doing it because of the ps4 gift issue not being resolved until yesterday
  • bumarog#0624 bumarog Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I agree with the comment about the loud noise in the winter festival zone, it is more annoying than the spawn noise in throne of dwarven gods.... lol sometimes you just wonder what programmers are thinking.....
    Strife the Savage 70 tr
    Strife the Sentinel 70 op
    Strife the Savior 70 dc
    Strife the Slayer 70 gwf
    Strife the Shield 70 gf
    Strife the Shank 70 hr
    Master
    Lords of Contempt
    Neverwinter ps4
  • lionsarered#4865 lionsarered Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    akta#9913 said:

Also on ps4 there is a super loud sound effect and visual effect that I assume is related to the sled racing. I spend several hours a day in the festival zone but must keep my tv on mute because of how loud the sound is. I'd rather hear the peaceful festival music and relax and go fishing in peace

And also...get off my lawn! lol
    <p style="color:dark green;"> SHOOT THE CRIT - HR 4234</p>
    <p style="color:dark yellow;">Chilling - DC 2779</p>
    <p style="color:crimson;">Samhain - SW 4200</p>

<b> <p style="color:orange;">Rolling Twenties GH 20</p>
  • mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    Thank you for this.
    I still need to fish like hell just to get some linus since i just could not find time to do it.
    My reason is strictly personal .
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• darthvictor#5774 darthvictor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Thanks so much for extending the Winter Festival as I started playing late and missed a week...hastily I bought the fawn of Shaillia for 60,000 astral diamonds from some guy auctioning it off...I'm super excited that now I'll be able to buy the snowy fawn once I get enough lights of simril!! Thanks again for the great game and great events!!
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Wow, another week of epic rewards from parcels, thanks, maybe I'll finally get a damn forgehammer.

I do want to ask why there will be no vendor in PE afterwards - That's going to cause some rage, seriously.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    @katamaster81899 ...there is typically a vendor available for a week after most events, but by extending Winter Festival by a week...this week will serve as extention and after event vendor presence.

It is a fair compromise really

I do want to ask why there will be no vendor in PE afterwards - That's going to cause some rage, seriously.

@katamaster81899

If they had ended it on schedule, the event dais would be unoccupied because this weekend's event schedule doesn't use it, so the holdover merchant could be there. Now an event that will start when the winter fest ends does use it, and they can't easily have overlapping merchants.

If you look over the calendar, you'll see that they alternate events with a merchant and events without one in order to better accommodate holdover vendors.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• ghostndragon#3135 ghostndragon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The epic drop rate from the starlight parcels seems to have gone back to baseline...
  • sslarg#9753 sslarg Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thanks for a fantastic event!
    Love the game!
  • rodrigozeba1rodrigozeba1 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    After upgrade Beacon of Simril to Epic, can I just discard all those lumens? They are pretty much useless for me now, right?

Also, the loud noise on PS4 is REALLY annoing.