test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is this special reason why i am not allowed to buy a Cambion Magus nowadays?

metalldjtmetalldjt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,310 Arc User
as i remember perfectly it was from an event, i understand that, why can't that EVENT REPEAT? why was it a only 1 time? i wish to own a Cambion Magus since this active bonus is making a huge difference, yet it was given in a one time promotion ? it doesn't make sense to me...
if it were like a special thing that would make a difference that wouldn't give you such a huge increasement in damage, more like an appearnce item, such as a mount nowadays of 50% speed. i would've understand, but this item impacts the DPS heavily... so come on do somethin about this

@nitocris83

Comments

• dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    They should just add it to the zen market. Same goes for the wild hunt rider on consoles, not sure why these haven't been added yet. $$$ to be make from these two companions.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I want another shot at a Sgt Knox companion. I will forward this question.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sumatrraasumatrraa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    What about Royal Avengers for Companion?
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Huge difference? Common... Epic SW pack companion has same bonus & is accountwide. Combo of 3 archons plus siege master. Plenty of other options out there. Owlbear cub before the fix procing of dots that was a companion with huge impact on dps both pvp & pvewise. 10% crit severity? Pff. Looks to me someone doesn't quite understand what special promo items mean. If any Jack & Joe can easily get one its not really that special. With all the bugs & glitches in game this is your complain? Really?
    P.S. Don't have it too btw. Couldn't care less. But do believe ppl who got it during that one special promo have every right for it to be a unique item.
  • irfaanirfaan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    krymkac said:

Huge difference? Common... Epic SW pack companion has same bonus & is accountwide. Combo of 3 archons plus siege master. Plenty of other options out there. Owlbear cub before the fix procing of dots that was a companion with huge impact on dps both pvp & pvewise. 10% crit severity? Pff. Looks to me someone doesn't quite understand what special promo items mean. If any Jack & Joe can easily get one its not really that special. With all the bugs & glitches in game this is your complain? Really?
    P.S. Don't have it too btw. Couldn't care less. But do believe ppl who got it during that one special promo have every right for it to be a unique item.

yep yep yep - you clearly know what you are talking about "Epic SW pack companion has same bonus & is accountwide" - just lol

I second the OP - in fact why has the sets of mod6 been completely nerfed because others are unable to obtain them but the cambian magus has been unobtainable for eons but it has not been nerfed nor have we been given the chance at another event where we could get one?
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    irfaan said:

krymkac said:

yep yep yep - you clearly know what you are talking about "Epic SW pack companion has same bonus & is accountwide" - just lol
    I'll bite. What is the difference between the two bonuses? Both offer 10% crit severity and that is the main DPS booster...what is missing?

MOD6 sets were nerfed for one reason: People doing speed runs of brand new content, bragging a little too loudly at how fast they could do it, almost always wearing MOD6 sets. Had those people done the content in what devs considered proper gear, we'd still have those old sets in play today. I don't exactly disagree with the nerf on them either...they were flawed to begin with and were just getting worse.

Also a note from above: The Archon bonus for multiple doesn't seem to work. I still run 3 archons, Siege master and the sellsword (you want to improve DPS, the Sellsword or Con Artist rocks...probably more than the Mage. 10% defense reduction that stacks...yes please).
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I've been telling them for almost two years now that there's a few very desirable companions that were promotion only, and they'd make excellent rewards for upcoming promotions.

That being said, when you consider overall impact to DPS, 10% crit severity isn't actually very good. But regardless, some people really enjoy stacking it, so more power to them.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    irfaan said:

I'll bite. What is the difference between the two bonuses? Both offer 10% crit severity and that is the main DPS booster...what is missing?

I'll second the question. As long as we are talking about active bonus where is the amazing DPS ?

Assuming 100% crit chance, and having vorpal and boons lets say a players has 150% crit severity.
    Erinyess will add 4% dps.
    Adding the magus on top will add 3.8% dps.....

I don't see how this impacts the DPS heavily.. there are better options widely available.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I want the Harper Bard to be available on the Zen Market :(
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Seriously, not sure what the fuss is all about, from someone who actually has a Cambion and is using one, it's unnecessary to have one. You can do just fine without and having one does not give you great advantage over anybody. Rare does not mean best in slot.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I want a chance to get the death salad. Cryptic likes having these mediocre zen promotions, but nothing big like this one was.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Death Salad.... sounds like a bad way to serve tofu and sprouts.

I'm here all week! Don't forget to tip the servers! Thank you, and goodnight!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    I think it is pretty logical for a ghoul asking for death salad. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    This thread had a small point to make, and with your responses, you shot them right out of the water. Since the bonus is available to you, your qualm is simply that there is a companion you can't have.

On that note, I'd like the Caturday title, the Cloak of Etherealness, and the Draconic Templar armor put back in the game to be available. Some people have it, and therefore, I should have access to it to. Oh, and I'd like the participation trophies I should have got in grade school for the baseball seasons that my team didn't do very well - cause it shouldn't matter if you win or lose...everyone is a winner.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Since the bonus is available to you, your qualm is simply that there is a companion you can't have.

To be fair, most people who want a Cambion want to use it alongside the Erinyes for crit severity stacking, not by itself.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    metalldjt said:

i wish to own a Cambion Magus

Funny you should mention this. Stay tuned.

metalldjt said:

i wish to own a Cambion Magus

Funny you should mention this. Stay tuned.
    Interesting.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    This is the Cryptic: buy something valuable, spend horrors of AD OR cash until one day the item will no longer be valuable because it will be nerfed (death slaad, cambion, elol set, owlbear et all). It is the logic of not having logic, but rather of deceiving the next one while $$$ What about class balancing? What about the infinite f* @hamster grindind (+5 ring, new rings, new armor who never drop from FBI, and if they drop NEVER is what you expect rofl)? What about the table drop? What about DRAGONS, DUNGEONS and HISTORY? Second or third in the plans? Do not mock with your customers devs.
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    @rgutscheradev Or AMBUSH DRAKE or all the other cool companions like Harper Bard?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Keep in mind, gang, new dungeon loot is previewing soon. Think about that for a second.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    For a BIS toon (at least in offensive stuff) who can't get any dps boost from anywhere else, a 3.8% or 4% dps increase is A LOT. I'd trade my siegemaster for a cambion magus on my dps GF, but not on my SW since she has more-than-desirable things that can't crit. I'd even use it over earth archon when I'm tanking.

Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Announced that this and other "out of print" companions will drop in the new loot system.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    To anyone who cares, there is a difference between the cambion magus and the erinyes. The erinyes is not the companion in the slot just above the erinyes--which could be providing an additional 10 per cent crit sev.

I tend to agree that crit sev doesn't equal per cent damage bonus, but I do like to mix the two.
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User

To anyone who cares, there is a difference between the cambion magus and the erinyes. The erinyes is not the companion in the slot just above the erinyes--which could be providing an additional 10 per cent crit sev.

I tend to agree that crit sev doesn't equal per cent damage bonus, but I do like to mix the two.

You "tend" to agree?