test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Simril Companions and Mounts bound to "Character"

tilnafttilnaft Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I would like to thank the powers that be for the wide assortment of gift drops this year in the Simril Gift drops. They are very useful and I can not thank you enough for the opportunity to catch some of the items I was not able to be lucky enough to get during the year.

I do have one concern though I hope you will take into consideration...Bound to Character...

While I understand the need to keep the flood of companions and mounts out of the AH, I do not see the need to have multiples of the same companion bound to a single character. I can see bound to account. That would keep them off the AH and still allow me to at least move them to a character I do not have the companion on. Even worse, mounts...if you get them...you can't discard them!

Again, I appreciate the drops. They are a welcome sight and a great addition. But please do not bind them to character, please bind them to account so I can use them and not just discard such a wonderful gift. Or in the case of Mounts, have multiples you can not discard... this makes no sense.
Post edited by tilnaft on

Comments

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Furthermore there are a few drops from gifts, that are always BOP, even from shop gifts. For example the gargoyle companion and a horse I recived.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    They really, really, need to fix the issue with the "No Sell, No Discard" items in the game. We shouldn't be forced to take up inventory slots for items we can't get rid of.

I can understand the restriction to prevent people from accidentally deleting an item... but what if I want to delete it? Add an NPC, or add an extra dialog box, something, anything would be better than having things taking up precious inventory and/or bank slots.

As for the festival gifts... Bound to Account would have been so much nicer and considerably more alt-friendly!
    @samaka#2511
  • estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    I agree that binding drops from the Simril Gift drops drops is important but binding them to character is insane. I have friends that have 6 fawns on one character and can only use one, so what do they do with the rest. Binding them to account makes more since. This has caused the issue of also trying to delet or sell and can't. Do the devs really think that getting 6 of one item on one character makes us feel better about the event or game.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    While I agree making more things BoA would be better for us, I imagine it would not be very good for their bottom line in a lot of cases. So it probably won't happen.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    This same request pops up every winter festival. No, they are not going to change it. :(
    Having duplicate may not be the sad part because you have only one choice. Having too many different companion may be more sad because I actually needed to buy companion slots for the sack to house them all in one toon. I knew I won't use them but I did not want to trash them. So, I ended up trash my Zen. :(
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    If this happens then they would have to adjust the drop rate considerably in a negative direction.
    Then because they would over-adjust it the 1st year (or next year if it happens), everyone would be complaining that the event is horrible because they don't get any drops anymore.
    Then the 2nd year after that they would leave it the same to find out the reaction again.
    Finally in the 3rd year after the change (or 4 years from now) they "might" finally adjust it to so that the majority is ok with it.

I think they should just have 2 loot tables that alternate from year to year. That can't be hard to implement.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    asterotg said:

Furthermore there are a few drops from gifts, that are always BOP, even from shop gifts. For example the gargoyle companion and a horse I recived.

I believe Staldorf is bound regardless of how you get him.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I simply want to be able to delete duplicates that are bound. 'Nuff said.
  • elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    What they need to do is bring back the "trade-in" events
    ]]
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    ... A tiny little trashcan icon somewhere on the inventory screen. A warning pops up when you drop something onto it: "WARNING items deleted in the trashcan cannot be restored by any means! Are you sure you want to do this?"

Just prevent quest items from going in. TADAA! fixed. No more cluttery bound stuff you cant get rid of anymore.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

They really, really, need to fix the issue with the "No Sell, No Discard" items in the game. We shouldn't be forced to take up inventory slots for items we can't get rid of.

I can understand the restriction to prevent people from accidentally deleting an item... but what if I want to delete it? Add an NPC, or add an extra dialog box, something, anything would be better than having things taking up precious inventory and/or bank slots.

As for the festival gifts... Bound to Account would have been so much nicer and considerably more alt-friendly!

In the Starlight Parcels this isn't a problem though - except for the Stahldorf companion (blah, BoP) - every mount/companion is BoE. The drop rate for really good loot is exceptionally high, I might add. Got my first Forgehammer after 10 Parcels.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User

In the Starlight Parcels this isn't a problem though - except for the Stahldorf companion (blah, BoP) - every mount/companion is BoE. The drop rate for really good loot is exceptionally high, I might add. Got my first Forgehammer after 10 Parcels.
    Siege event mount is bound too regardless of where it comes from, parcels or starlight bags. Cant be sold/discarded. As for drop chances... My 2 main chars are at 80 opened - no gond artifact. Rest 10 char over 25. Same result. Just your usual cryptic rng BS. Unless you consider 5-30k ad companions with worthless active bonuses "smth good". Not to mention ppl who been around for 2-3 years have that all already. While some rare items are still unavailable. Bard, Slaad, Cambion Magus companions for example. Back to original topic - i have charger mount on 2 characters now. Its ridiculous i have to ask for CS help just to get rid of them. I mean common winter fest isn't even over yet why the heck we have to bother CS every time just for that? The funny part is not all items from starlight bags are bound to char. Water horse, everything inside mysterious charger crystal is unbound. Straight copy/pestle from the events. Bravo!