test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class you think that needs the most "fixing" to be competitive in a serious premade fight.

trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
edited December 2016 in PvP Discussion
Just wanted to put a poll up to see which class you all think needs the biggest "fix/adjustment" to be competitive in a serious premade game. Please dont consider PUG games or solo que into your opinion here when you vote. You all probably know my opinion but I thought id ask just to see how you all feel.

Please just check the box you think and don't blow up the comments with arguments on class balance.
Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
Post edited by trentbail21 on

Class you think that needs the most "fixing" to be competitive in a serious premade fight. 75 votes

Cleric
5%
qsarigrrouperjunnyyyertheguiido 4 votes
Guardian Fighter
4%
dread4moorkantick#9978toudo 3 votes
Warlock
8%
macjaeicyphishhadestemplar#9918schietindebuxabaddon#8285crowdsourced#3904 6 votes
Rogue
16%
jazzfongsabre10dll32exesweatapodimasmamalion1234lwedarrustlordtreesclimbernanocazzolungodraacooldivectoredd1992 12 votes
Hunter
14%
llobuasturrado13vcekcrollaxpolaris1986astrotiger5finalfantasyac7hatrodturzanflameragonklevertonkasdo 11 votes
Great weapon fighter
21%
whitestaruahyakusekaiclonkyo1forumnamesuxspauliusxasmerlinquarks1973dolreyiceylolz11sirrapprojhpnwmetalldjttrentbail21overrated4nickjdowesuperman#5442plofkip81#4638 16 votes
Paladin
14%
emilemodemonmongercilginordekbanyasztorpdespainp55silentnotesssnamo#7223infinitehate#3046tarrantwaywardwizard#4349 11 votes
Control wizard
16%
gankdalf#8991tholan#1688bvirakalina311indylolwintersmokenantiusdrewhayesslider#3860wulf#5119corruptifiedmanuel88fender 12 votes

Comments

• crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Warlock
    I think they need to restructure PVP because people barely die nowadays if there is a DC
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    Control wizard
    competitive as in a 1 v 1 within a match or competitive as a team player 2 different things....
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    Rogue
    much grief on the receiving end of one shots / but on player's PoV nothing else works
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Great weapon fighter
    kalina311 said:

competitive as in a 1 v 1 within a match or competitive as a team player 2 different things....

@kalina311 competitive in team games as in a set up 5v5 premade game.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Control wizard

kalina311 said:

@kalina311 competitive in team games as in a set up 5v5 premade game.
    yes but within the BIS premade opportunities for a 1 v 1 against your class will occur to hold the node or attack the node
    some classes are way better at this offensively or defensively and some classes better at debuffing or having utility power contributing to the match dps but unable to kill a thing regardless of paragon path chosen
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • killzone#4968 killzone Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    there is no specific class that need fixing... they all do!

its the fact you can either 1 shot or not take any or barely any damage at all, its classes that can tank dps and heal all at the same time.

IMO though i think all classes need to be reworked from the core up make it so if you choose to be a tank you're a tank end of if you choose dps then your dps and so forth there's plenty of specs for classes to choose from and builds but why make it so some classes have it all? pointless.....whats the point in support classes if there's simply no support needed and this rework would also work for pve because you would need more thought process in your team make up and builds for pve and it would be more fun too because you need more teamwork rather then a dps fest....quick nuke it down!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Paladin
    This is a sensitive subject I would say that paladin, trickster, ranger, cleric, warlock, wizard, guardian, and great weapon fighter all need to be adjusted in their own ways.

Trickster needs more at will and encounter damage, and faster at will attacks, people can just walk out of range of some strikes.
    As mobility increases attack speed should also.

Cleric should have a chance to fail self healing spell's while taking damage in pvp.
    This would not effect healing others.

Paladins need similar heal spell fail effects in pvp, and more base damage on attacks.

Ranger needs more base damage increase without having it be piercing. Ranger should be able to move and cast at wills.

Wizard needs to be able to move and cast at wills.

Great weapon fighter needs to be able to move and cast at wills.

Guardian fighter should also be able to move and cast at wills.

Prones should return to pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • killzone#4968 killzone Member Posts: 29 Arc User

This is a sensitive subject I would say that paladin, trickster, ranger, cleric, warlock, wizard, guardian, and great weapon fighter all need to be adjusted in their own ways.

Trickster needs more at will and encounter damage, and faster at will attacks, people can just walk out of range of some strikes.

As mobility increases attack speed should also.

Cleric should have a chance to fail self healing spell's while taking damage in pvp.

This would not effect healing others.

Paladins need similar heal spell fail effects in pvp, and more base damage on attacks.

Ranger needs more base damage increase without having it be piercing. Ranger should be able to move and cast at wills.

Wizard needs to be able to move and cast at wills.

Great weapon fighter needs to be able to move and cast at wills.

Guardian fighter should also be able to move and cast at wills.

Prones should return to pvp.

you forgot to add one BIG point..... the SELF healing some classes do is far far to much you hit 20k they insta heal 50K kinda defeats the point constant healing ticks from warlocks and paladins for stupid amounts and healing to full hp in an instant.

i could understand it from a healer specific class/spec but not from a tank or dps perspective

• rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Rogue
    This is what I've been saying all along with insignias. Your two biggest beasts are Champs Return and Victims Preservation... I have them + 3 other minor heal insignias so I know first hand how stupid they are. Insignias force everyone to go big or go home. Burst or nothing. Bye bye builds. Hello faceroll.

you forgot to add one BIG point..... the SELF healing some classes do is far far to much you hit 20k they insta heal 50K kinda defeats the point constant healing ticks from warlocks and paladins for stupid amounts and healing to full hp in an instant.

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Great weapon fighter
    clonkyo1 said:

Is this thread to make us think which class needs a series of buffs to be good or can we vote for classes to get NERFS due the over performance?

@clonkyo1 Not a nerf thread people are just hijacking it like always. Im just trying to determine from everyones collective opinion the class that needs the most "fixing" to actually be competitive in a set up premade game versus another premade.
  • drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Control wizard
    Control wizard. Every time the poor CW's learn how to use their control effectively... "nerf it! Nerf it with fire!!!"
    edited January 2017
    Warlock
    macjae said:

The class that is obviously in the biggest need of attention would be SW. They don't really have anything special going for them, and they are subpar across the board compared to some other classes that fill the same niche -- TRs and GWFs do everything SWs do, but better and have more tricks on top.

While I agree that SWs and Paladins need a damage buff badly, there is some merit in Warlocks. Using them correctly can lead to your team guaranteed in capping the end nodes. Unfortunately, they are also a good target for CWs to steal the node.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Paladin
    Arm pen is broke
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    Hunter
    as for PVP match; HR needs a nerf (too much damage). then GF/DC (too much damage (GF)/defence(DC))
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

Warlock

as for PVP match; HR needs a nerf (too much damage). then GF/DC (too much damage (GF)/defence(DC))

I'd say GF is more overpowered than HR because of the burst damage, ie they can actually kill people while Hunter Range can output tons of dps but players have a better chance surviving them due to all the healing going on.
    Warlock
    SW needs a buff more than GWFs. GWFs can output more burst to kill other classes than an SW could. I think the biggest advantages of SW over a GWF is that they are able to move from node to node better and they're more secure against shocking execution than GWFs
  • flameragonflameragon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hunter
    I Believe the concept of piercing dmg needs to evaluated concerning pvp. The ability to also carry crits to unresistable dmg is also a huge problem.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Control wizard
    I would say that one of the biggest problem in PvP isnt a class issue, its an ELVEN BATTLE ISSUE. :)

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Guardian Fighter
    I meant Protector GFs. SM Conq is already the Great White Shark of PvP.

But fix the Protector capstone Iron Guard (does not stack as written in tooltip) and Bowsers could hold their own in PvP.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    Warlock

I would say that one of the biggest problem in PvP isnt a class issue, its an ELVEN BATTLE ISSUE. :)

Why do you say that?
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    Great weapon fighter

Nope? they need huge up!