test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes Update

Comments

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    "I am the Keymaster."

"I am the gatekeeper."

And Sigourney Weaver and Rick Moranis become dogs.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    This is hilarious. All this bitching and we haven't even seen the full details. For one, if all it was was keys why would it not just be called "Keyring". Instead it's called "Useful Items", meaning, most likely it's going to store all the HAMSTER you HAVE to have, picks, poles, boats, trowels, all the keys and so on. Think and maybe wait to see the full details before throwing a tantrum?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    trips, the newest mod on forum, i like that idea, like Guild Wars, they use "token" for upgrading existing bags for new slots, it was successful for them using "zen market" of thier own.
    what we also want, new character tabs for appearances, potion menu (since they added foods made it impossible), and for Gems and Refine stones (new tab because Currencies get too long).

one of most requested on the list, we want companion upgrade tokens to be account-shareable, and easier to get from lockboxes, since we are tired of getting XP scrolls/XP tomes that not going anywhere until we get new companions. 2 tokens take forever and we hated it, getting chances of get 25/30 tokens are too rare, and other one for 45 tokens are too deep and many relied on coupons, but now many just stop invoking, it's sucks.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    This went from 'keyring' to 'wishlist' pretty quick..... reign it in there, Cochise....
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Question to @mimicking#6533 :
    * will the keys be shared among all characters as ZEN is, or will each character have its own "useful items" tab?
    * will this result in the Legendary Dragon Key becoming BtC?
    * will this make the Strongbox Key BtC/BtA?
    * does the Enchanted Key change to BtC?
    * will the above mentioned keys still be transferable via the mail system, the shared bank and the guild bank (Strongbox Key)? (thinking of bank and crafting resources, bank and bounty items ... your company does have a history of falling prey to unexpected player expectations)
    * will the number of keys be limited? like e.g. the keys for the SOMI chests is limited to only 5.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • galaxy1045galaxy1045 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Question to @mimicking#6533 :
    * will the keys be shared among all characters as ZEN is, or will each character have its own "useful items" tab?
    * will this result in the Legendary Dragon Key becoming BtC?
    * will this make the Strongbox Key BtC/BtA?
    * does the Enchanted Key change to BtC?
    * will the above mentioned keys still be transferable via the mail system, the shared bank and the guild bank (Strongbox Key)? (thinking of bank and crafting resources, bank and bounty items ... your company does have a history of falling prey to unexpected player expectations)
    * will the number of keys be limited? like e.g. the keys for the SOMI chests is limited to only 5.

Interesting question, I wonder if Cryptic considered these things in their plans.
    But I wonder we will get an answer anytime soon. We might not like it.
    Post edited by galaxy1045 on
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Good start.
    A few more QoL things to add (inventory related):
    - "overload"-like bag on top of everything (in the inventory) for quest items only
    - "compactor" for RP, i.e.: press on a peridot stack -> "convert to" -> show some options, like "1 stack of Opals = 20 stack of peridots" (greyed out if you don't have 20 stacks of peridots in your inv) OR make RP stack up to 199 at least, or even better - remove BtC RP directly (make these BtA instead)
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Changing rp to stack to 999 would resolve a lot of issues....converting up would be good too.

Related to keys..i doubt they will have the useful tab be account wide...would require to much.

A fashion storage would be wonderful as this stuff is worse than rp for me.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User

A fashion storage would be wonderful as this stuff is worse than rp for me.

That's why i don't use any fashion items :( Only those 3 pieces i can put and forget, but don't wanna change them coz i'll need to store old set in my inv. Just an idea: make this unlockable, sorta. Once you buy or whatever, you can reclaim it from store, etc. No need to store old set, just discard it et voilá.
  • diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I'm waiting on the final result since we have only partial information.

But as i said in an other topic, keys are not a problem, they use 10 or 12 slots max...

The real issue is PWE being so greedy that they want us to buy always more bags.
    The greedy system "not linked, account linked and character linked" is proof of that.
    If only the price of bags was reasonable, why not but 1600z a bag, i mean really ???

You want to help us free slots ? Abandon the 3 types of bonding or even more
    easy give us more x2 events....

Otherwise you're just taking us for fools.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    did the key changes affected the chest dropps?, so we still pick inside before we can grab rewards?, has the rewards got better? or do we have the bullshet rng drop rate?
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

After the new year, and once we get the green light from QA , we’ll be putting the updates on (preview) for all to try out and give feedback. ....
    Regards,
    Thomas “Mimic King” Foss

two questions. this QA thingie happens with all changes? maybe you should review that part of your process. it needs fixing judging by the forums.
    what will happen to said feedback after the players give it? usually nothing changes, giving or not giving makes no difference.
    yokki1 said:

After the new year, and once we get the green light from QA , we’ll be putting the updates on (preview) for all to try out and give feedback. ....
    Regards,
    Thomas “Mimic King” Foss

two questions. this QA thingie happens with all changes? maybe you should review that part of your process. it needs fixing judging by the forums.
    what will happen to said feedback after the players give it? usually nothing changes, giving or not giving makes no difference.
    If you are already convinced that nothing makes a difference, then just give up. Its faster, and saves space on the forums.

BTW, *you* giving mimicking advice on their process? Now THATS funny! Also a bit sad, but still funny! :p

edited December 2016
    It's can'tvsee what's sad or funny to ask something of a dev...
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

I am beginning to understand why the developers don't tell you guys anything. The man said nothing to report until January 2017 and you act like brats about it, shaking the presents under the tree. It is amazing Thomas came in here all giddy and excited about some news to share, then you post 3 pages of more suggestions, questions, and rants. Just show him some respect and be patient.

At last you have a lead developer who actually visits the forums... I bet you will scare him off before he ends up being able to screw anything up! It really is a shame. :(

+1
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

We are gettin the Monk class , meh.

I've heard this before but can't seem to find any confirmation online about the next class for Neverwinter.

Is there a source somewhere that states the next class is Monk, from a dev or other official announcement?
    @samaka#2511
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User

metalldjt said:

We are gettin the Monk class , meh.

I've heard this before but can't seem to find any confirmation online about the next class for Neverwinter.

Is there a source somewhere that states the next class is Monk, from a dev or other official announcement?
    he is hot air
    diloul31 said:

*I can't see* what's sad or funny to ask something of a dev...

When that *suggestion* is a (very) thinly veiled complaint, it is. And from someone who I would bet has never worked *on* a project (nevermind been in *charge* of one) outside of grade school. And no, construction paper turkeys DON'T count.

If they want's to change SQA, they can thoroughly test on Preview. If they don't have time for that, they should keep their suggestions to the realm of what they*are* willing to do.

edited December 2016
    @sandutukupu
    No, the real shame is that YOU don't respect players.

I put real money in this game, spent maybe a hundred euro during black friday.
    I think when you pay for something you have every right to brag, ask and complain...

With all due respect, he is just a dev of a game doing his works, nobody aplause me when i wake up every morning to go to work, that's what i'm paid for...

There was plenty of players until the key update mess.

Now it's nearly impossible to find an edemo or CN with queue and extremely hard by chat (PS4)
    So many people left the train and still are...
    If you don't see that then THIS is a shame.

This is the result of years of not fixing things( removed dunjeons, unbalanced class, ect) and almost zero communication or lies ( aka " chest key bug) ...

They break things 1st then when it's done ask for our opinions...

Why come here and tell us : " here a tiny piece of information to speculate leaving you with even more questions for ya and i won't tell ya anything else"

Things should be like this :smile:
    1/ the problem is ...
    2/ give us your opinions
    3/ Considering yours opinions, we think about doing *this*
    4/ Are you guys ok with that (poll or something )
    5/ preview, update

They didnt't do that, they consider the chests drops arent good enought but why ? Because they want us to buy keys... They still don't understand that most of people will not buy a chance at rng no matter what the odds are...

Normally, when you create a game, you think about gamers will enjoy the game and have fun. Cryptic think about how they can make the game so painfull in time and grind consuming that people will pay to avoid that and that my friend is the real problem.

So please spare us your "if i was the dev i wouldn't come here" ... like he's some kind of gd or something.

You spent 30min on CN, endgame dunjeon, you should have something in return not a hamster green <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I shouldn't have to pay a key for a decent drop...

I spent 956zen yesterday because i have some Ad to spend...
    10 keys, i got crafting pack <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> x3, cursed <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> x2 that no one want in ah, and 5 enchants packs with epics marks( usefull bit in no way worth my money)...
    So i spent 300 000 AD for a total worth of 100 000, awsome !

Gaarlax on youtube opened 1000 boxs and got absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from it, so yeah there is a ton of reason to mourn cry and more...

Have you read anything about fixing drops in chests with enchanted keys ?

I'm ok with buying pets, mounts or anything that is worth my money, but buying a chance at rng, wtf ?!

Ask us what WE, the players think about what they intend to do BEFORE they break things even further...

Taking players opinion in account is showing respect to base players.
    Post edited by diloul31 on
    edited December 2016
    diloul31 said:

You spent 30min on CN, endgame dunjeon, you should have something in return not a hamster green HAMSTER. I shouldn't have to pay a key for a decent drop...

You leave out the part where you GET TO PLAY FOR 30 MINS for free. Do that at home, in your spare time, and I'll give you a cookie, and a +1. Until then, lrn2bzness.
    diloul31 said:

So please spare us your "if i was the dev i wouldn't come here" ... like he's some kind of gd or something.

Those who can't do, come to the forums to down those who can. Sounds like someone couldn't get past Basic Programming 201. Yikes!

edited December 2016
    I'm not gona debate on this matter ad eternam but if you show so much consideration for the devs, then i think you have spent money in the game just like me...

People who don't spend money in it are stucked by the endless grind and left long ago...

F2p or not when a game deseve support i pay gladly. I just did that with Let it Die from Suda51.

The game is fun, you don't have to pay but to show our support many people bought a few packs.
    I want to pay to have fun not to prevent me from getting bored by grind...

And yeah i have zero skill in programing and i'm proud of it, nothing to be ashamed of...

If you are that skilled, join a dev team instead of suporting one.
    It's like i need to know how a plane works to travel on one, makes no sense at all...
    But i'm pretty sure when you remove dunjeons for "fixing", it doesnt take years to "fix" them...
    Like it doesn't take years to allow players to have better or more servers located outside usa so we can play tiamat and the well of dragons not at 2fps like i took mushrooms...

I'm not sure why you won't at least reconize that.
    edited December 2016
    diloul31 said:

It's like i need to know how a plane works to travel on one, makes no sense at all...

No, but to complain about how the pilot is doing, you should at least know what they're up against, instead of armchair-piloting.

diloul31 said:

I'm not sure why you won't at least reconize that.

Because almost all of your arguement radiates from your single,limited, biased point-of-view, without taking any other factors into account. If you did that, I would recognize it (although if you did that, you might realize that your comments were ill informed, and not make them to begin with, Catch-22, time-loop, all that kinda stuff).

Post edited by litaaers on
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Hourly Dungeon Delve events!
    FrozenFire
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Hourly Dungeon Delve events!

That way no one ever does tia or nemo lol. I'd rather see them get rid of hourly events and just add more calendar events.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Yeah, I personally hated hourly events, and having to schedule activities around them. Just my 2 cents.
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I was never a huge fan of hourly events, however, I was a big fan of you know , dungeons that provided different things , so each dungeon had a reason to run it.

There is zero reason to run 1 dungeon over another until you CN... at that CN has a huge rng issue, I have run underdark content now, closing in to 15,000 runs, without the +5 rings I wanted. 15k times.. 15... k times! Without the rings I wanted. CAN anyone even explain to me how this is possible?

Then you get to fbi , some grind the armor, I and many others will not, grinding armor like this is pathetic gating mechanism, that we all asked to be gone before, brought back on super steriods.

No thanks.

Then a one and done sva.. once you have your HAMSTER, no reason to back at all.

They are simply missing the mark completely on rewarding, engaging dungeons and trials and reasons to rerun things (you cant even swap the STUPID rings in FBI to alts.. mother hamster loving hamsters)

FBI maybe the most fun dungeon they have done in awhile, but unless you care about getting the armor, then there is zero reason to run them.. Even after the vivify part.. I just simply do not have any interest running around in circles to get enough vblood to do this.

If they took the feedback to scale things back a bit, so we could even start attempting it on alts , then ya, maybe I would look into it.. until then.. I will twiddle my thumbs and wait for something a bit more reasonable and ENTERTAINING to come out from them. I do not have much hope that ever happens at this rate.

Somehow they are distracting you all from their real issues.

Who cares about the key things.. really, when was the last time you ran something that rewarded you anything? Like ever.. them upping loot a bit, wont really change that..

Wow.. i got a purple stone, instead of a blue one.. whoopie doopie.

They make such limited things for players to sale, that they HAVE to put a .1% drop rate on them.. to even hold any worth over a few weeks long.

Now with newest instance, there is literally nothing of real value to chase after.. you cant sale the marks, and its the marks that would hold the most value for the longest time, as its needed the most.