test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pvp 1 v 1 q.

I would like to see a pvp 1 v1 q, not an event but an option along with gg, and dom. With a leader board like dom. Sure the concerns will be some people will crush others, that's life.some people have better stuff, this would be fun, and I think encourage people to get involved in pvp.

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Or it could just encourage people to farm their own alts just to look cool.

You simply cant trust people to not abuse a 1v1 queue if it has any kind of reward or leader board.
  • trivialrage#6656 trivialrage Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    True, but it would still be fun to play, dom is usually a one sided <font color="orange">FLUFFY WHITE KITTEN PLAYING</FONT> that isn't fun for either side.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    yes it would be fun to watch OP vs DC...
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    You and a handful of other honest players would use it for fun. Sure.
    But for the armies of goldfarmers and exploited?

Arbitrage. Cooperative alternating victories. Too easy.

It would immediately be exploited.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    Meh, to what end? I guess to say you're the best.page swapping in dom happen, but for those that looked know who.swapped pages to.get to.the top. Exploiters aside, would it not bring life and interest back to pvp?
  • killzone#4968 killzone Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    like the score boards even matter anymore its a show of who camped in a premade the most little more
  • crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    No it wouldn't. Most people would not play a 1v1 mode after the first few days anyway. I think a short-term solution right now is to release new maps
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    We should be able to right click characters and select pvp to 1vs1 them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User

No it wouldn't. Most people would not play a 1v1 mode after the first few days anyway. I think a short-term solution right now is to release new maps

we already have 4 PvP areas, of which only one sees any daily use. How would a new map help?
    @elrondknight Because I'm talking about adding new maps (based off from recycled assets as always) for the regular 5v5 domination. Nobody is talking about Gauntlgrym or Siege.
    1 v 1 q feels like.a.natural.progression to me. New players would.have a shot at getting gear, sure it can be exploited, everything can. But oh well. It would still add fun, and value to our hours in gAme. I am not.interested in letting the "somebody can exploit" fear from a potential needed and welcome.addition to the game.
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Scrap the 1v1 Q idea, and replace it with 2v2, because as it was already said, OP vs DC would be an afk snooze fest, but TR DC vs OP GF would be an interesting fight.

Or to expand on it, lets skip the leaderboards and make it a hidden ELO/MMR system that has 2 formats. "Doubles Q" to allow you n a buddy to form a team and climb to the highest ELO/MMR and after a certain point you would only gain 1 point for winning but lose 20-40 for a loss if the opposing team is miles below you. For the other players who want to still play a "solo Q" format, there could also be a "Challenger Q" where you hop in solo and the game will match you with a random partner and you face 2 random opponents.

Ofcourse the naysayers will point out Q syncing and win trading is still possible, but if you don't try to improve something, we're gonna be playin the same 2 dom maps in 2018.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User

@elrondknight Because I'm talking about adding new maps (based off from recycled assets as always) for the regular 5v5 domination. Nobody is talking about Gauntlgrym or Siege.

I know there are unused PvP maps available from testing days. Also, there are several foundry areas that would offer suitable PvP arenas. However, other than variety, all new maps give the remaining PvP population is a new place to get stomped. WHile new maps would provide a quality of like improvement for current players, until the gear gap/match making is corrected, I don't see adding new content as a way to bring about a longterm increase in player population.

@elrondknight I know new maps isn't the long-term solution but its a good short one. It brings interest, it doesn't segregate the playerbase (no new modes). The developers don't even need to make new content, they could just recycle their assets as always.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    We should be able to have the option to 1 vs 1 whoever we like, anywhere.
    Who cares if they never kill themselves or take too long...
    You re not obligated to stand there and watch them till they end the fight.
    Still would love to see sparks flying in PE from 2 guys beating each other like in SWOTOR
    Hehe
  • rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    1v1 are typically lame fights... if you are equal IL, then they last forever or resemble a soccer match (1-0, 0-0, 1-1 game scores). If you are not equal IL, then they are typically one sided. Either way, not a ton of fun.

2v2 isn't much better, but would be fun to at least try and see. I think 3v3 is the sweet spot. Esp if there are 3 nodes.
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • deathklaat666deathklaat666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    why even a q for 1v1... I never liked world of warcraft at all, and i tried a few time to get into it but never could, but the one thing i did like is you could challenge another Player(Flag) for a fight and if they click accept you could 1v1 right on the spot
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Add a tournament bracket system and a viewing gallery so others can watch the match!
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    What could be done is indeed, like someone suggested, an option when you right click another toon, to challenge it to 1v1. If the toon accepts, you're teleported to a 1v1 arena where you can 1v1. You can also balance al lthe elements (gear, no boons active exc...) so that people can test skills and practice fighting against a specific class, to then improve in other PvP modes like Domination. But no rewards or penalties. Just for fun.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    1vs1 is fine and a leader board does nothing... means nothing.... rewards such as pvp boons should count.

Most of us farmed our pvp boons with guild or friends for hours anyhow ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User

It's from a game I used to play before NW. You are basically able to send an 1v1 request anywhere except the big city (in our case: PE). The enemy accepts the 1v1 but is also able to decline if he is not interested in PvP.

After the accept the two swords appear (visible for everyone) after 10 second preparation time both player get flagged and are able to fight.

If you run too far from the two swords you will automatically lose & unflag.

Standing face to face exchanging attacks. No active movement, no movement at all. Damn I can never go back to non-action combat.
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User

@waywardwizard#4349 The game used to be so much fun in 5v5 , 20v20 and open world Guild vs Guild battles because movement were the key to be good.

This is Fighter vs Fighter ... like in NW you won't see too much movement in such a battle.

This was only to show 'how' an 1v1 system could look like.

I know mate, I wasn't trying to diss your video or the point you were making. It just reminded me of WoW style go-to-target-and-start swinging combat. In Neverwinter there is positioning when fighters fight, trying to bypass the shield/attacking form the back or side.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    They could just add a reusable aoe scroll that teleported 2 people to the ice wind pass bridge, (and back to PE later). And assigned the two a different faction on entry. The scroll also stands down all pets for I dunno, 10 minutes or something. The scroll teleport would have an "accept/decline" option on use. Stick it in the wondrous bazaar for 250k or whatever, I'd buy it.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    1v1 is impossible at the moment, maybe at all. Too many situations where one class will crush another or both can't kill each other. Yeah... fun!
    Lots of people saying this wont work, that wont work.bah!. As it stands we have 2 dom maps, a gg that sometimes never q's. and stronghold seige that you can wait for an hour for it to q.
    Sure, some gf's are better than some cw. some tr and better than some hr. Im a decent gf(i need alot of work until I consider myself good in pvp, but im decent) I can kill alot of people, but can also be killed. Im 4238 il, with pretty close to bis gear. A gf that plays better than me certainly would do alot better. The point of this thread wasnt class balance, rather trying to get some diversity in the dying pvp scene. There will always be a fotm class. Happens in every game. But a 1v1 q, or 2v2 q may bring some life back into pvp and make it fun again. On ps4 there a few people that are damn near unkillable. clementine, rogurtis(spell check), pennywise, indy, mojito, little yuna....the list goes on for a few more peeps those are just that come to mind. point is they are different classes, built, and played correctly. Inhibiting progress because you want to be fotm is crazy to me.