test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starlight Parcel Items

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Im all for the devs enjoying their xmas holiday, id like to enjoy mine as well seeing as how spent my xmas money on this Secondly a week ago I lost a Shard of Orcus Wand after grinding for 3months and lost it cause the server crashed as i was claiming it, I was told by PWE there was nothing they could do, because they "CAN NOT MANUALLY ADD ITEMS TO AN ACCOUNT"! Well this proves that was a Lie,so if im waiting another week to recieve my parcels i hope it includes that Orcus Shard. Miasmat Thanks for all your incredible work and patients, im just a little ticked that PWE lied to me.

The problem is not that they technically cannot do it. The problem is that they cannot trust player statement 'I lost X' without logs to back it up. If they trusted player statements without logs, it would be open to mass abuse.

If you lose gear to crash as you are looting it, there most likely will be no log entry for it, so you are out of luck.

Sucks to lose highend items that way though :(
  • tizzocktizzock Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Surely somone should say S's
  • zagster#3244 zagster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I am on ps4 in North America. I have bought over 50 of those parcels before the fix. I have yet to see any compensation. Should I still be expecting anything soon? Is there a time frame?

Truthfully, I am not terribly upset about the bug, but more or less upset that the majority of users on other systems have received the compensation already. Ps4 is always getting shafted

Alas, it is the holiday season. I am thrilled at the response tIme towards the bug. Also, for what you had to do with very little manpower is very impressive. For that gratitude is in order. So thanks for your hard work. Happy Holidays.
    Post edited by zagster#3244 on
  • bnlphan#7644 bnlphan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Do you have a real time frame for the ps4 users or any useful info for us?
    Post edited by bnlphan#7644 on
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    Only One "Orc" Obtained Ostentatious Objects.
    Past Posting Piles of Parcels Per Player.

Do you have a real time frame for the ps4 users or any useful info for us?

Unfortunately, no. I have to leave town on Saturday evening. Without an automated solution, there's no way I'd get through PS4 by then. The people who can help me with it are all out of the country on vacations (who knew December was a good time to go to Europe?) and won't be available to help until we're back in the office Jan 2. I'll try a few more things Saturday morning, but I really doubt I'll be able to kick something off before I have to leave. I'm really sorry about that, but we'll work out the rest of the details before the winter festival ends.
  • zeroninefour#1160 zeroninefour Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Will the ps4 players even be able to get our parcels? I noticed the event says less than a week on one area and at the zone it says around 12 days?
  • kan1ne78kan1ne78 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So what about the specific Simril vendors of the event - with us PS4 users apparently not getting compensation until after the event is over, how are we to spend the currency gained from the compensated gifts? Will there be an extension of the vendors in which we use the event currency for?
  • zagster#3244 zagster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for your work & reply.
    Post edited by zagster#3244 on
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Thank you for all your hard work and I hope you have a safe and happy holiday
    I was wondering, are the S's complete? My Shining Moon should be getting 28 or 29.
    My Leliana got her packages but my Laidan Mahariel didn't.
    Side-tracking Sprint Succeeded. Supplies Sent Subsequently.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    I likely have made some mistakes along the way today, so once Dragon is done, I'll go back and double-check that I actually hit everyone that I meant to.

drider's children want a gifts too...
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    @barkoznia79

The winter event ends proper on jan 5. The reason why some areas say it ends on Dec 29 is because that is when the second half (zenith) of the event starts.
    Tons of Trunks Transferred to Troublingly Titled Throngs.
  • havocwolf1973havocwolf1973 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    What fix i just bought 20 parcels and only got useless blue gear if this what is to be expected in later events and game play my money will be better spent elsewhere dont even get me started on the lockbox drop rate
    Havocwolf-Dragoons of legend
  • myrinxmyrinx Member Posts: 35 Arc User

What fix i just bought 20 parcels and only got useless blue gear if this what is to be expected in later events and game play my money will be better spent elsewhere dont even get me started on the lockbox drop rate

blue gear is specifically what they fixed. prior to the fix, you would not have received the blue items. everything else is working as it should. (in theory)

if you read the parcel it tells you that the "highly-sought-after rewards" come after opening 20, so you only just reached that threshold.
  • shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    yes, there were things in the past, that didnt go well, but how this problem got handled, was exceptional.
    thanks a lot and merry christmas<3
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    miasmat said:

Unresponsive? Ultimate Update Uttered.
    Very, Very, Very tired...
    Win Winter With What We Wished for!
    xX (xCome Xon, Xyou Xcan't Xwrite Xan Xalliteration Xon "X"!) Xx
    YAY!

I hope you all enjoyed the alliterative updates.
    Dragon is done. All letters. I'll go back through to make sure I didn't miss anyone. I know there's a group in the Gs that I missed.

I loved your updates. So so so impressed and sorry for you that you had to do this manually - and alone! You sir, deserve an extra jolly present from Santa (or more than a dreidel for Hanukkah, or insert whatever combo works for your situation). :smile:
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year :)
    For some reason, about a third of my characters got Gifts of Simril added along with the Starlight Parcels?

I guess that means more gifts to share, and not sell for gold or whatnot, that so many, many, maaaaannny people seem to do.

Remember people, it's not a "gift" if you charge for it...

Anyways, it was good to see all this handled in a proper way, many thanks to the poor people having to do all this work manually, and over the Holidays, I hope Santa brings lots of gifts for you :)
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    @miasmat - Thank You. All resonable peeps here do know how much effort you put in sloving that issue (farankly - if its all about blue items you shoudnt even bother). You really rock man. Now go home and have wonderfull Christmas. And if by any luck I will ever meet you personal - I would be honored to shake your hand and buy you a beer.
  • uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    All parcels received on all characters, really impressive to get it done before the holiday break, great job Cryptic! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all and all of the Neverwinter community!
This discussion has been closed.