test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible for a Daily to fill up your AP bar?

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
I've noticed with my DevOP (fecently switched from ProtOP) that my AP meter fills up rapidly. I mean really, really fast. Is it possible to fill up an AP meter with one Daily (Divine Judgement) under the right situations? I may be mistaken, but I seem to think I've seen this happen several times. It could be that I thought I had hit my Daily, but missed, however, I don't think so. I have the Burning Set so that could account for 25%, I have a couple of other set bonuses helping AP gain, and I have the 10% AP gain from heals in the Light tree, but I seem to be getting extremely high AP out of my powers. I can hit RA and get 7/8th of meter filled. Anyone else this experience? If so, can you explain it? It is a radically different experience from what I was having as a ProtOP.

Thanks

Fat E

Comments

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

I've noticed with my DevOP (fecently switched from ProtOP) that my AP meter fills up rapidly. I mean really, really fast. Is it possible to fill up an AP meter with one Daily (Divine Judgement) under the right situations? I may be mistaken, but I seem to think I've seen this happen several times. It could be that I thought I had hit my Daily, but missed, however, I don't think so. I have the Burning Set so that could account for 25%, I have a couple of other set bonuses helping AP gain, and I have the 10% AP gain from heals in the Light tree, but I seem to be getting extremely high AP out of my powers. I can hit RA and get 7/8th of meter filled. Anyone else this experience? If so, can you explain it? It is a radically different experience from what I was having as a ProtOP.

Thanks

Fat E

Relentless avenger generates much more action points if you are oath of devotion as it can also target allies so yes you can use it on your team mates between pulls or before a boss fight to have your daylies ready, your ap gain boons/reinforcements/whatever you have are increasing the amount of ap you are gaining. While it sounds very good, if you use on groups of enemies you'll scatter them all over the place and therefore will reduce your team's dps as they won't be able to burn them down with aoe damage as they would had they been close to each other. You can use relentless avenger in boss fights with no adds to keep up shield of faith or heroism up all the time but what encounter would you take out then?

The more enemies and allies are close to each other when you hit them with relentless avenger, the more ap you gain, it can give you massive amounts of it as you could see. Scattering mobs all over the place by spamming relentless avenger makes you likely to be kicked out of the dungeon though so I suggest you not to do that, it's up to you but keep in mind that power usually pissess dps guys off big time and with good reason.

I generally do this if I see a pally spamming relentless avenger:

1. Politely ask the pally to stop making the dungeon/skirmish run take longer as dps can't kill all mobs at once with focused aoe damage.
    2. If pally listens and stops hurting the team I thank him/her and we continue. If pally refuses to stop hurting the team's dps that leads to point 3.
    3. Vote kick.
    4. If vote kick doesn't work I just leave.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    This is why on the recent preview thread players were asking for the 'knock back' to be changed to a 'knock down'.

Personally I'd also like them to change the targeting on attack skills so other players don't get in the way.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Keep in mind that healing also, if feated, gains 10% AP. So, if you have a VoE on a target and you use relentless avenger, not only do you gain from RA, but from any healing that may do.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

This is why on the recent preview thread players were asking for the 'knock back' to be changed to a 'knock down'.

Personally I'd also like them to change the targeting on attack skills so other players don't get in the way.

Knock down would be so much better (like arms of hadar does), paladins could spam it no problem as it wouldn't mess team dps up.

Keep in mind that healing also, if feated, gains 10% AP. So, if you have a VoE on a target and you use relentless avenger, not only do you gain from RA, but from any healing that may do.

I have a healadin that's missing most boons and therefore has no extra action point gain whatsoever yet she can gain massive amounts of it if using relentless avenger so it's mostly the because of the way the power works. I don't use relentless avenger anymore though, I stopped using it a long time ago due to it's annoying knock back effect and because bane simply is so much better, I never unslot it when I'm on that toon.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    Are you using Vow of Emnity? Right now, it's bugged and will fill your AP in about 5-6 seconds without even attacking.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I use Vow on Bosses, along with Bond of Virtue and Bane. That explains why I was seeing massive amounts of AP gain. Given the the way the new Vow mechanic works, I think the AP gain should stay.

I suppose my original question remains: Is it possible for a Daily to fill up your AP bar? I can't confirm it yet since I don't record my gameplay, but I think I've seen Divine Justice fill up my AP bar by itself a few times. I'm guessing that it is some combination of Bond of Virtue, Burning Set, +10% AP gain from heals in light tree, lifesteal, and perhaps a crit.
  • There aren't any dailies that instantly fill up your AP bar that I can think of. I'm pretty sure being able 2 spam your daily like every second isn't possible. Now...is it possible 4 a combination of things to fill your AP bar very rapidly...yes. Like the burning set, with snail mount power, ITF, mythic DC artifact, AP gain neck piece, super-high Recovery, some encounters have higher AP gain than others (just to spit some stuff out). Hopefully that helps answer your question
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

Thanks

Fat E

You were probably in a group with a GF who had that setup where as he takes damage you fill your parties AP. In Orcus this can be some serious AP gain.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    You set yourselves up for a huge nerf...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!