test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes Update

mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
Greetings adventurers! I just wanted to give you all an update on the Dungeon key changes. After a lot of review and planning, we’ve completed all the updates, changes and fixes, all of which are now being tested in house.
After the new year, and once we get the green light from QA , we’ll be putting the updates on (preview) for all to try out and give feedback. When we do, I’ll give as full a layout as I can on what changes were made. For now I can tell you that we’ve made huge changes in the rewards tables, both in drop rates and in adding in lots of new gear and items.

“WHAT? – More gear?! Cool but my bags are already brimming! “

Working on the changes, and listening to your feedback we also have added in a new tab. We call it Useful Items, what you have been calling “keyring” It’s a new tab in the inventory where you can keep all your keys. Keys that take up space; space you’ll need for loot!
We know (hopefully) you’ll have lots of questions about this; once we get ready to put this up on preview we’ll roll out more details and answer questions then.
Thanks and thanks again for your previous feedback and in helping us make Neverwinter be the game you want to play.

Regards,
Thomas “Mimic King” Foss
Go ahead, click on the chest...

Comments

• cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Nice update. Thanks!
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Awesome update! I'm looking forward to checking out the changes (and the Useful Items tab!) on Preview next year.

Suggestion for a Zen Store or Tradebar item to further help with inventory: Token to upgrade existing bags to a larger capacity, priced in-line with current Zen/Slot.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    great news! to follow up on what kreatyve, here are some other items:

1. Quest items (they drop alot in SKT and SoMI)
    2. Event items (fish/special refinement items like simral, etc)
    3. Specific campaign items (trowel, boat, pick, relics)

Consider adding tabs to it that you can unlock with AD and include fashion/refinement. We need more space and you all need more cashflow
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Could we possibly put other things besides keys in that "Useful Items" tab? Things like fishing poles (which most people have 2 of), our boat for SoMI, maybe a few other items that everyone has to carry on them at all times?

Yup, and relic shovels, Black Ice Picks, I have the zen variant, so wont discard them and yet... the bag space...
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the update @mimicking#6533
    I aim to misbehave
  • yahndarkwoodyahndarkwood Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Is there any way you could bring in a way of sorting all of your carry luggage at once , rather than separate bags. This is my most frustrating thing about the game . If we were to buy slots , rather than bags we could sort the whole thing at once. and a "sort by" tab. Otherwise , thanks for the hopefully good news.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    micky1p00 said:

kreatyve said:

Could we possibly put other things besides keys in that "Useful Items" tab? Things like fishing poles (which most people have 2 of), our boat for SoMI, maybe a few other items that everyone has to carry on them at all times?

Yup, and relic shovels, Black Ice Picks, I have the zen variant, so wont discard them and yet... the bag space...
    I knew I was forgetting things! Also - the thrones! There are now 4 of them, and if you want to keep them with you, that's 4 bag slots. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

For now I can tell you that we’ve made huge changes in the rewards tables, both in drop rates and in adding in lots of new gear and items.

I was thinking more along the lines of," FINALLY! Companion gear so I don't have to blow 3 million AD on gear just to switch companions."
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • vikingmetal#6053 vikingmetal Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hi :),

Yes, that's nice, but the problem is not only the keys. Sometimes the inventory is full of quest items, items needed 4 crafting or similar (like trowels, rods,...)... and if i stop to think my main problem is 200 different kind of refining stones, enchantments everywhere occupying more than the 50% of my inventory, not speaking of shards and all this kind of things. Sorry to say, bad problem 4 me (where do i keep all those stones/similar if i don't wanna use them at that certain moment?) as this of keys...

So i would ask u, those who can make this kind of things possible: would it be possible to add another extra tab where, at least, refinement stones, enchantments, shards were?

It's just an idea. Thx in advance :),
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Well, it's a nice start. Let's see the real changes when it goes to preview.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
    kreatyve said:

Now now, I said no questions- far too close to Christmas to be asking such questions :)
    Mimicvs Rex
    Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    I'd pay AD/Zen for a fashion tab. One of my characters is doing all the mastercrafting. that's ultimately 16 fashion pieces I worked damn hard for, and can't get back if I throw them out. My poor bank.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    urabask said:

For now I can tell you that we’ve made huge changes in the rewards tables, both in drop rates and in adding in lots of new gear and items.

I was thinking more along the lines of," FINALLY! Companion gear so I don't have to blow 3 million AD on gear just to switch companions."
    I'm slowly losing hope on that one, it simply can't be that difficult to find a way to throw it into the game :(
  • cliffordtxcliffordtx Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Key ring is a start. I think simplifying binding would help quite a bit. I'd like to see just 2 levels of binding, BoA and unbound. Having 3 of each refinement item takes up a lot of space, as well as the other bound items. BoA would be nice for people that want to try new builds and trade them their main's unused equipment. BoA would still keep items off the Auction House if you need to. That's my two coppers.
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    @tripsofthrymr

Wouldn't it make more sense just to expand bag space by 4 bags to a total of 10 bags?
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Okay, okay, I know the King said no questions, but I'd also like to *request* or hope-like-anything that "useful items" includes not just our tools but also all quest items, of which I tend to have many.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out in practice. Thank you for the update. We've been anxiously awaiting word on the future direction of the game, and this definitely hits on some of the things we've been wishing for.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533

Thank you for the update. However, we haven't received a real christmas gift yet. What if you give us a riddle or something similar that will hint us a bit about the new module or an incoming feature? Just to increase the hype.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    IS the loot still going to be garbage? Been playing since Xbox launch, I've never got an artifact drop, and I had to drop millions to get an epic mount. How about some details about the loot please?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Forward progress, as the NFL would say :wink:

A simple thing that would be really nice would be if these Winter Festival scarves would stack. I mean, I can stack them in my dresser drawer, so what's the big deal?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    The issue with bag space is not even touched if not looking at all the different refining items. Secondly it is fashion items. How many are running around with a bunch of keys anyways? It is way to many different types of them, yes. But, the problem with all the different kind of keys is not that they are taking up bag space.

If I didn't have ZEN keys and VIP keys, I probably wouldn't do dungeons at all. The keys are hidden behind campaign daylies that I have done over and over to grind boons, then over and over to grind Stronghold, then over and over to grind boons agaim for alts. The rewards from the dungeons are going to have to be pretty good if you gonna make me do it again for the keys before each dungeon that I do.

Still, thumbs up for listening and showing us you care and wanting to improve quality of life for us beaten poor adventurers. ^^
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited December 2016
    indylol said:

@tripsofthrymr
    Wouldn't it make more sense just to expand bag space by 4 bags to a total of 10 bags?

In a sense that's six of one, half a dozen of the other. However, I like the idea of being able to upgrade the free, relatively small bags for a (reasonable) fraction of what an equivalent full-size bag would cost.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    I would love to see a special tab for our PVP gear and the many armor sets we have to carry around currently.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke