test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starlight parcels not giving rewards as stated on tool tip

xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
edited December 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I have meen recieving Starlight parcels with missing rewards.

As the tooltip states:

This pack contains the following:
Gift of Simril
Winter Novelties

This pack also contains one of the following:
Refiner's Cache
Rare Equipment
Retraining Token Pack
Zen Market Consumables
Rank 4 Enchantments
Seasonal Event Rewards After 5 gifts
Call-to-Arms Rewards After 15 gifts
Highly-Sought-After Rewards After 20 gifts

Many of the parcels I have opened only have Gift and Novelties. That is it. I have checked the logs every time it happens and that is it.
I would not be as upset if I hadn't saved 40usd, as a present to myself, to spend on parcels during this event. When a tooltip says Contains this and also says contains one of the following I should damn well get what im paying for even if it is a r4 silvery enchant.

I thought the first one was a fluke but I had 7 of 20 have nothing but gift and novelties between today and yesterday.

Anyone else notice this? I feel like I just set money on fire.

Ara Atheanes GWF
Traxus Atheanes GF
Bastiel Atheanes DC
Ellara Atheanes CW
Keira Atheanes TR
Sarasin Atheanes SW
Jerkface McGee HR
-MANTARA- OP

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ive said before minimum reward should be a r6 enchantment.. I would say 20-30% of all parcels only give the winterfest rewards of sky beams and frozen fireworks.

Im fine with the rest of the rewards, just want to stop the skybeam only parcels.

BTW a r4 is a stupid reward, I think they updated it to r6, but never actually changed the tooltip (ya shocking right)

As long as you always got at least a r6.. I think that would be ok.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll mention the r4 tooltip text.

And, while seasonal events are meant to be lighthearted fun, feedback is still appreciated so I'll pass on the overall sentiment of this thread :)
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User

And, while seasonal events are meant to be lighthearted fun, feedback is still appreciated so I'll pass on the overall sentiment of this thread :)

Seasonal events that cost people real money aren't going to be taken as "lighthearted fun" if you don't even get the bare minimum of what the tooltip says you're supposed to get. :disappointed:

@samaka#2511
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User

Thank you @nitocris83, I enjoy the event and have always taken it light heartedly. I have always looked forward to the awesome free gifts. My complaint is not just the tool tip. If there is only a chance of the second set of rewards it should be stated on the tool tip. It does not say "and a chance of one of the following" it says "This pack also contains one of the following:"

There is not a lot a person can do that gets a free bag with a broken reward or a misrepresented tooltip. But if we pay real USD for an advertised product we should recieve what is advertised. If the tooltip is an error and there was only a chance at a second teir reward I would not have spent money on the parcels.

This is why I want to know: How am I getting rewards from starligth parcels that only contain gift and noveltie without an item for the "This pack also contains one of the following:" list?

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

This is why I want to know: How am I getting rewards from starligth parcels that only contain gift and noveltie without an item for the "This pack also contains one of the following:" list?

I'll check into that and hopefully have an update soon.

• vulpasvulpasvulpasvulpas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    I can confirm what the poster is saying with regard to the drops from Starlight parcels, I bought 40 for the GWF I created this year as this event has always been a good source or useful items or companions. Parcels 1 to 20 gave the expected rewards however parcels 21 to 45 have been very wierd, a blue mount, a green companion, 2 weapon transmutes, 3 packs on ice fireworks, 2 scarves and 8 level 6 enchantments would be reasonable return if the 7 other parcels had given useful rewards instead of only giving a Gift of Simril and a novelty firework. Oops looks like somebody broke the rewards table for the top level drops !!!.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    As usually for this game being early in an event is a gamble between
    * getting a chance to exploit during the first few days before something is fixed (exploit mechanisms or other players)
    * being subject to bugs (rewards table screwed up)
    * avoid being hit with the nerf hammer (drop chances being changed for the worse after a few days)
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Gotta add my $.02 - my CW, DC, and SW have all purchased 20 gifts on the first day and have continued opening gifts since then. Last night, all three received a few gifts of Simril and the lanterns. Nothing else. Methinks something was ninja'd because when opening the 21st on each character (the three listed above), I did receive the appropriate items (retraining token, a starry panther, a scarecrow).

What happened between the first day and now?
    I aim to misbehave
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    silence1x said:

Gotta add my $.02 - my CW, DC, and SW have all purchased 20 gifts on the first day and have continued opening gifts since then. Last night, all three received a few gifts of Simril and the lanterns. Nothing else. Methinks something was ninja'd because when opening the 21st on each character (the three listed above), I did receive the appropriate items (retraining token, a starry panther, a scarecrow).

What happened is you opened 20 gifts.

Refiner's Cache
    Rare Equipment
    Retraining Token Pack
    Zen Market Consumables
    Rank 4 Enchantments
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    ... as mentioned in another thread, my guess would be that the "exploit fix" from the last Winter Festival event was triggered again somehow.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!

silence1x said:

Refiner's Cache
    Rare Equipment
    Retraining Token Pack
    Zen Market Consumables
    Rank 4 Enchantments
    I can verify before 20, that 30-50% of the time, its nothing but novelty item. its quite annoying.

• arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Cryptic does not give out the good stuff for free; they expect you to pay for it. Free mediocre rewards they excel at though.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
    Dont need great stuff, minimum reward should = a r6 that is all.

then a small chance at the rest of it.

Just to get skybeams and frozen fireworks for 20 days though? that seems a bit too much.
  • tacobeast94tacobeast94 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Someone screen shot the tooltip before they change it and treat us like we're just inattentive.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Incorrect sir. You'll notice that I said I had opened 21. I also stated that all of them AFTER #21 contained no "good" items.

I aim to misbehave
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    yeah I've opened something like 50 now on my main and have gotten a lot of these firework and gift only packages. it makes a panda sad.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    silence1x said:

Incorrect sir. You'll notice that I said I had opened 21. I also stated that all of them AFTER #21 contained no "good" items.

Hmmm! This is what you said:

when opening the 21st on each character (the three listed above), I did receive the appropriate items (retraining token, a starry panther, a scarecrow).

You have only 2 posts in this thread, I can't find where you stated:

all of them AFTER #21 contained no "good" items.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Well that explains it then. In this game according to the developers the highly sought after rewards are zip.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Well done! Thanks for the screen cap!

Chatted with the legit community today and last night. General concensus is even before 20 gifts 1/4 or more are gift and novelty items. I had 3 exactly like that again today. I am going to hold off opening any more until we have more answeres

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• arkantosdrakonarkantosdrakon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Yeah i can definitely confirm this as well, I keep getting only gift of Simiril and a novelty such as fireworks or skylight, i get at least 75% of my opened gifts that only give this and nothing else that they are supposed to give as stated from the tool tip, and also from my personal experience based on last year. Something is really messed up with the gifts this year..once you reach 20 gifts your loot seems to be worse than what it was prior to opening 5. This needs to be fixed ASAP, i hAve purchased zen with the intention of buying gifts but now I will not until this is fixed.
  • extremerugburn#9480 extremerugburn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I am on Xbox One and I can confirm the same is happening to us on console as I bought $15 worth of gifts plus my daily ones for 11 characters which is 70 packages. Out of those 70 packages I have received two refiners caches, five retraining tokens and sixteen rank 6 enchantments, that's only 23 out of 70 packages or 33% of the time I have gotten what I was supposed to according to the tooltip.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I think there is enough evidence that something is wrong. I've opened about 60 I think, and I can confirm that a LOT have been missing the "and one of the following items".

Will they do anything about it? My bet is, they either give an extra bag to everyone.....or they fix the tooltip and say something like "this only affected a small percentage of people, so no compensation is warranted".

Considering I know a few people who have opened more than 400.....thats not ok.

Sure, this is supposed to be a fin side event, but when you start putting things int he Zen store for sale, the entire concept of the event changes, If you screw people out of real money, even if its a fun event, the next thing they will do is not pay for the entire game anymore (which in itself, is basically a fun little event).
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    I only have 3 characters, opening the daily package on each, 15 total parcels opened, 1 rank 6 enchant (the others were all winter novelty items; lg and small fireworks, skybeams, those buff bracelet thingies, and 2 scarves, both on my "lucky" tr).

So yeah, my usual rng - 1 out of 15 parcels or 7% of the time I received what I was supposed to get. Really disappointed, because I look forward to this event every year. Not going to buy any parcels until this is addressed.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I've only been receiving a gift and a beam. I've opened 100+ on my main and 30+ on my 3 alts. Rewards blow if I maybe blunt. Wasted 1.6 mil AD on 28 days of VIP. SMH
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I think there is enough evidence that something is wrong. I've opened about 60 I think, and I can confirm that a LOT have been missing the "and one of the following items".

Will they do anything about it? My bet is, they either give an extra bag to everyone.....or they fix the tooltip and say something like "this only affected a small percentage of people, so no compensation is warranted".

Considering I know a few people who have opened more than 400.....thats not ok.

Sure, this is supposed to be a fin side event, but when you start putting things int he Zen store for sale, the entire concept of the event changes, If you screw people out of real money, even if its a fun event, the next thing they will do is not pay for the entire game anymore (which in itself, is basically a fun little event).

Eh. What's the fun in opening what amounts to an event lockbox that rewards at rates much worse than lockboxes do? I thought the whole point in the parcels was that they have a limited loot pool that lets Cryptic give out worthwhile rewards at higher rates than lockboxes. If they make them worse than lockboxes it makes the event kind of pointless.
    I8r4ux9.jpg