test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else getting graphics problems lately?

teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
I've been experiencing a lot of graphics/rendering issues lately, no matter what drivers I happen to be using. A lot of the time I won't be able to see the Chilling Cloud shots flying from my CW's hands and it was always fine up til very recently. Lair of Lostmauth is a total mess; I used to be able to see clearly into Lostmauth's treasure hoard room, now none of it renders until I'm actually inside. Several of my guildies are experiencing the same thing, so it's not specific to my pc. Also, there seems to be a problem with the "laser-beam" attacks like High Priestess Syndrith and Lostmauth, where they either don't show at all or blink out of view. I can see the ground indicator, but not the actual beam itself. Has something changed? Is anyone else out there getting this?
Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Well, I have various effect on graphic. However, it seems to be random and exit the program and come back may solve it.
    What I experienced so far:

1. SW pillar of power does not show properly. It is light shade of green.
    2. SW curse mark does not show. Exit and come back solved it.
    3. TR smoke bomb does not show.
    4. Damage numbers are on and off.
    5. The golden dots trail disappears in Cold Run (may be somewhere else too). I can see the dots in the little circle map but not on the ground. Exit the program and come back reset that.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    For me, it seems to have started when Sea of Moving Ice patch went live. I tested that patch when it was on preview and it was like that as well. It was quite noticeable cause the current live patch at the time had no issues. Prior to SoMI I barely had issues with graphic rendering.
  • teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User

For me, it seems to have started when Sea of Moving Ice patch went live. I tested that patch when it was on preview and it was like that as well. It was quite noticeable cause the current live patch at the time had no issues. Prior to SoMI I barely had issues with graphic rendering.

Same here. Overall performance of the game tanked when SoMI dropped.

Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    Agreed, I have mentioned it before. Something changed with somi dropping.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
    At least now I know Im not the only one. For me, its specially bad on rendered grass. Ever since SoMI came out, both in preview and live, the grass flickers between either bright green or black colors as long as the world distance view setting is above Minimum. Before SoMI, my settings were on high with no issues.
  • blistonbliston Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I posted about this a couple of weeks ago - no respsonse. Flickering surroundings, drops look old (can't see most of them) and pillar of light, marker missing from targetted enemies and sparkly golden path missing.
    It got better a few days ago but all of them symptoms have returned. 2 different PCs, 1 Win10 the other a fresh install of Win7 and 2 different TVs
  • aykieyaykiey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Since the new big patch (Raid), i'm having some texture problems, like squared pixelated textures, cities map not loading (had to close and open again), sometimes at menu the char dont appear, and when appear incomplete...some cw skills apear pixaleted, so many bugs.
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    bronto111 said:

Graphics Vomit on my screen:
    I am running 2 x Nvidea GTX1080 graphics cards sli,and have to run NW settings on low to see whats happening in large groups for HE or Svardborg or anything where there are 10 or more players attacking a single target.
    If i have to run on low with the latest state of the art cards then every other player in the game is also running on reduced settings as well,the problem is that every toon has graphics effects for every attack and there is NO Hardware in existance that can play 10 characters effects simultaneasly in a way that is visually pleasing!
    All that we see is visual blinding vomit on screen!
    Also considering my pc hardware is an order of magnitude higher than XBOX or Playstation hardware i believe the same problem applies on all 3 platforms.
    There needs to be a limit on how many players effects play at the same time,OR an option to only play first person visual effects (ie my toons effects visible to me but not everyone elses effects).
    Or be able to turn off third party effects so i dont see everyone elses effects ,just the charactor animations but not the visuall effects for everyone else's attacks.
    My Settings:
    imgur.com/a/tQHR2
    imgur.com/a/K6Ocw
    i.imgur.com/OjeYghJ.jpg
    The results in game:
    imgur.com/a/48SRQ
    imgur.com/a/Y1jHB

Seriously this has been a problem for everyone for a long time and is getting worse everytime you add more content for larger groups ,the larger the group the more onscreen vomit!
    And since noone can see anything intelligent in that mess of effects why have them play anyway???

it was not this bad before somi went live tho tiamat could at times result in violent blinding explosions on screen,however the problem was on already preview ,however now on live its bad in HE's as well as svardborg,there are simply too many effects trying to play at the same time and im not surprised many are experiencing graphics problems.
    those with lower spec hardware will not see half the effects but instead will have graphics stalls resulting in stuttering and graphics lag.

And yes i am running the very latest drivers and yes tried geforce experience to optimise game setting ...which made it worse.
    The only way to play svardborg or do HE in large group is with everything turned to lowest setting ..and i do mean everything,
    then and only then can i see whats happening,i can play with everything on MAX setting without a single stutter and at 120 FPS on 144Hz screen
    BUT I CANT SEE WHATS HAPPENING cause theres just a giant blob of blinding effects blotting out every important detail!!!
    Post edited by bronto111 on
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

At least now I know Im not the only one. For me, its specially bad on rendered grass. Ever since SoMI came out, both in preview and live, the grass flickers between either bright green or black colors as long as the world distance view setting is above Minimum. Before SoMI, my settings were on high with no issues.

same here
    + light path sometimes disappears, exept in the small map circle
    + horse stops burning
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    bronto111 said:

bronto111 said:

Graphics Vomit on my screen:
    I am running 2 x Nvidea GTX1080 graphics cards sli,and have to run NW settings on low to see whats happening in large groups for HE or Svardborg or anything where there are 10 or more players attacking a single target.
    If i have to run on low with the latest state of the art cards then every other player in the game is also running on reduced settings as well,the problem is that every toon has graphics effects for every attack and there is NO Hardware in existance that can play 10 characters effects simultaneasly in a way that is visually pleasing!
    All that we see is visual blinding vomit on screen!
    Also considering my pc hardware is an order of magnitude higher than XBOX or Playstation hardware i believe the same problem applies on all 3 platforms.
    There needs to be a limit on how many players effects play at the same time,OR an option to only play first person visual effects (ie my toons effects visible to me but not everyone elses effects).
    Or be able to turn off third party effects so i dont see everyone elses effects ,just the charactor animations but not the visuall effects for everyone else's attacks.
    My Settings:
    imgur.com/a/tQHR2
    imgur.com/a/K6Ocw
    i.imgur.com/OjeYghJ.jpg
    The results in game:
    imgur.com/a/48SRQ
    imgur.com/a/Y1jHB

Seriously this has been a problem for everyone for a long time and is getting worse everytime you add more content for larger groups ,the larger the group the more onscreen vomit!
    And since noone can see anything intelligent in that mess of effects why have them play anyway???

it was not this bad before somi went live tho tiamat could at times result in violent blinding explosions on screen,however the problem was on already preview ,however now on live its bad in HE's as well as svardborg,there are simply too many effects trying to play at the same time and im not surprised many are experiencing graphics problems.
    those with lower spec hardware will not see half the effects but instead will have graphics stalls resulting in stuttering and graphics lag.

And yes i am running the very latest drivers and yes tried geforce experience to optimise game setting ...which made it worse.
    The only way to play svardborg or do HE in large group is with everything turned to lowest setting ..and i do mean everything,
    then and only then can i see whats happening,i can play with everything on MAX setting without a single stutter and at 120 FPS on 144Hz screen
    BUT I CANT SEE WHATS HAPPENING cause theres just a giant blob of blinding effects blotting out every important detail!!!
    I have had this issue as well. I dont know what do. When it I see textures not loading I can hit the "C" key twice and it will quickly bring up my character screen and then closem it. Somehow this causes all the missing textures to load. It will work for a while (I can do this 3 or 4 time over about an hour) and then it will just stop fixing the I the problem. Then i can hit the "M" key twice which brings up the map and then closes it, this will fix the texture issue for a while too. Then it stops working as well. That is the point where I have to fully exit the game and re launch.

This doesnt happen in any other game. I can run everything I own in ultra and be at 60fps. I am running an Alienware X51 with Win8.1 64bit, Intel i5 processor, 16gb performance ram, GTX 970sc and the game is running off my SSD. The game went from looking very pretty to almost unplayable.

I never had any issue before SoMI and I know im not the only one experiencing this issue in some way. The strange thing is thes grafical "artifacts" are much less preveent while using DX9. They are forcing us to move to DX11 but I have had horible issues with it in the past and now its even worse.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I just came here to post about an issue I was having... which has been described above... I get a very strange rotation pattern in the grass effects, it is especially apparent in the first quest area (via Wyldwood Gate) of Sharandar by the fire. Under DX9 I have no issues whatsoever, however, I only had to drop down to DX9 due to the issues under DX11. Now that DX9 is being deprecated I guess I am stuck with a buggy world?

The description above by @tutelo#5367 is pretty much what I see in the rendered grass/bushes, however, if I simply move my camera around it will stop at certain camera angles. If I uncheck the "Show High Detail Objects" option all grass vanishes, and of course, so does the flickering effect. Also, if I set the "World Detail Distance" to "Min" the effect also goes away... sort of.

The flickering only goes away if the game is set to the default FoV of 55. I do not typically play with an FoV of 55 and have bindings in place to let me change the FoV on the fly with my mouse wheel... when I change the FoV from 55, even with the "World Detail Distance" set to "Min" the flickering returns, and again, certain camera angles it stops.

Along with this very irritating flicker in the environment other lighting issues are present. Often all special lighting or effects on companions (like the Angel of Protection or the Shadow Demon) will simply be gone. As will the lightning effect on my Transcendent Lightning Enchant, as will the lighting effect on loot on the ground. The only way I have found to restore these lighting issues is to quit the client and relaunch it. Again, very annoying and frustrating.

Right now I am forced to use DX9 to prevent the flickering issue... the lighting issue is present in both DX9 and DX11... however, every time I launch the game I get a warning telling me that DX9 won't be supported past March 1st... great, could you possibly fix these issues before that time so I can actually use DX11 without having serious display issues on the ground effects? :disappointed:
    @samaka#2511
    Wow. @samaka#2511 pretty much hit on what Im experiencing ever since SoMI launched. They really messed something up with the graphics with mod 10.5
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    Lots of issues for me as well random yellow boxes around objects unable to switch quest focus in the quest tracker glitchy object popping in and out. It just seems that the game use to be better maintained.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    Maybe it's a case of too many interns tinkering with code they ought not to be! ;)

Seriously though, so many issues with DX11 and they're deprecating DX9 in 2.5 months? Ouch! :(
    @samaka#2511
  • bici#1035 bici Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Have had some problems since SoMI, but really didn't get bad until the winter festival was patched in. Has been horrid.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Before the Winter Festival started, these problems were occurring for me mostly after going to Icewind Pass. Now they seem to be fairly constant, and with the snow overlay in PE and SH it seems like maybe there is some kind of memory leak associated with the snowy texture or the way it's rendered in well lit areas? I wasn't having this issue in the Mod 10 content so much, perhaps because the light isn't so bright in BS, LW and CR?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    My water horse ran without water. Finally, I can actually see what the butt of the water horses (pack of 3) looks like. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Since the festival started I've noticed FX often disappearing. It doesn't seem to matter which zone I'm in or what I'm doing.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • rubbertrixsrubbertrixs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    i had the problem with smoke bomb not show unistalled reinstalled works better than before. although i reinstalled on my wifes computer that has a gtx 970 and Svardborg is not fixed it starts very bad gets better as the fight progresses. what do the forums thing of optimal setting through the geforce experence?
  • teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I myself don't have Nvidia, but by and large it seems to cause more problems than it solves. Seems to be the case with just about any addon program to drivers. AMD got rid of the Raptr gaming app from their driver packages, and good riddance I say; I saw a number of problems out of that app.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
  • thecorpserthecorpser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    I had multiple problems as stated above. I switched to max everything and turned off physx, disabled multiple monitor support in system and everything is fine for the most part. When something starts bugging, I exit and restart. Seems like a memroy leak or something, as this happens over time.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    I agree something is happening with the graphics, they have deteriorated.
    Possible memory leaks from changing characters? I have seen that problem in a few games over the years.
    The problem with the memory leak idea is that the issues I am having don't start after playing a while, but rather right after logging in with a fresh client. :(
    @samaka#2511
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Glad it's not just me. Also glad to see other players with way newer hardware having the same issues I'm experiencing.

Please address this. It makes playing the game much less enjoyable.
    i found that flickering grass and leaves stop to flicker with dx9 (switched back from dx11)
    it's a temporary solution though, as dx9 will stop being supported by neverwinter soon
    ilmenira said:

i found that flickering grass and leaves stop to flicker with dx9 (switched back from dx11)
    it's a temporary solution though, as dx9 will stop being supported by neverwinter soon

Yep, as I posted above this is my solution also... not looking forward to March 1st if this issue isn't fixed by then! :(
    @samaka#2511

ilmenira said:

Yep, as I posted above this is my solution also... not looking forward to March 1st if this issue isn't fixed by then! :(
    yes, i see now, you described it very accurately! was exactly the same here...
    appart from these my horse sometimes stops burning and the path markers go away, haven't noticed these under dx9 so far.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I have the same issues, latest NVidia drivers, and Dx 11. I'll try rolling it back in-game options. Hopefully it gets resolved before March.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    Putting Character and World detail sliders below 75 has fixed most of the graphics problems for my rig. I7, 32g DDR 4, 1070 GTX Nvidia. Hope this helps.
    Also, seems that with the new mod coming out, some of the issues with flickering went away. I tried the preview version and the grass issues I was having were gone on the preview build. Something to do with older video cards