Install Arc
Options

[PC] Aggravating Tango from Aggravating Strike

dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
edited December 2016 in The Guard Barracks
Aggravating Strike
5' CylinderPhysical Damage
Replaces an At-Will while Guarding
Stab your foe over your shield, Taunting them to engage you.

This is a very important ability for GFs. But it can be just as "aggravating" for the GF as it is for the mob.
With each jab you are locked into a ~.3 second animation forcing you to step forward about 2 feet in the target direction.
The only way to resist stepping forward is to press and hold the back-step button while simultaneously pressing and holding the shield button AND simultaneously pressing the jab button. It is very cumbersome.
I laughingly call it the "Guardian Fighter Three-Finger Salute".
You may say this a minor annoyance. We have bigger problems. Maybe so.
But most of us give multiple consecutive jabs as part of our combat rotation and playstyle. Unless we press that GF3FSalute each and every time , AgStrike marches us deep into a mob pack or out of position.
My fingers were aching after a long string of AgStrike jabs today. Made me wonder:
Anyone else find this Tango aggravating?

Edit: Added " PC" label.
JrUzbQw.jpg?1
I am Took.
"Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
Post edited by dread4moor on

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Aggravating Strike

5' CylinderPhysical Damage

Replaces an At-Will while Guarding

Stab your foe over your shield, Taunting them to engage you.

This is a very important ability for GFs. But it can be just as "aggravating" for the GF as it is for the mob.

With each jab you are locked into a ~.3 second animation forcing you to step forward about 2 feet in the target direction.

The only way to resist stepping forward is to press and hold the back-step button while simultaneously pressing and holding the shield button AND simultaneously pressing the jab button. It is very cumbersome.

I laughingly call it the "Guardian Fighter Three-Finger Salute".

You may say this a minor annoyance. We have bigger problems. Maybe so.

But most of us give multiple consecutive jabs as part of our combat rotation and playstyle. Unless we press that GF3FSalute each and every time , AgStrike marches us deep into a mob pack or out of position.

My fingers were aching after a long string of AgStrike jabs today. Made me wonder:

Anyone else find this Tango aggravating?

Yes.

Very.

Every time a mob crosses me up on shield.

• Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Hate it. Hate ending up on the other side of a group of mobs facing the wrong direction