What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sea of Moving Ice Preview Patch Notes: NW.70.20161025b.17

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes

Content and Environment
Sea of Moving Ice
  • The weekly quest, The Runestead, now gives campaign currencies in addition to reputation.
Svardborg
  • Manticores no longer incorrectly fully heal if the entire player party dies in Normal mode.
  • Manticores now properly regain collision after Serissa leaves the battle.

Combat and Powers
Oathbound Paladin
  • Oathbound Paladins created before November 10, 2016 have received a free respec token (max 1).

Items and Economy
Artifacts and Artifact Weapons
  • The Manticore Talon artifact can no longer be cancelled during the jump to prevent its cooldown from being triggered.
  • The "Earthen Heart" artifact weapon set bonus once again properly accumulates stacks.
Stronghold Overload Enchantments
  • Overload Enchantments that affect Trolls and Giants now display proper icons for their power buffs.
  • Companion-only enchantments no longer incorrectly activate when equipped by players.
  • Player-only enchantments no longer incorrectly activate when equipped by companions.
General
  • Dead player characters can no longer incorrectly be resurrected by healing potions under certain circumstances.

Performance and Stability
General
  • A known crash in texture rendering has been partially alleviated, and remaining occurrences should provide more data for diagnosis.

Comments

• Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    Tattered cloacks or cloacks like the maelstrom one are not rendering properly with higher soulforge enchantments.the same happens with armors etc is that something fixable?
  • Options
    fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    @terramak theres something wrong in Windows 7 and DX11 ? When i change my game to DX11, crash, but DX9 still run fine.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    :lol: Really? REALLY?!? A free respec token for the OPs? So should we, both Tank and Healadins, take that as "We broke your class and we're not going to fix it, so quit asking." type of deal? Unbelievable!
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    So still no vow of enmity fix? You are kidding, right?
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • Options

Oggy...They're giving us a respec token. A respec token! I don't think they plan on fixing it, at least, they haven't come on and acknowledged that this was a problem. I really think (and I really truely hope I'm wrong) that Vow, as it stands right now, is WAI.
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    To this day no dev wrote a single sentence on the supposed preview paladin changes thread.. A free respec at least shows me we were not completely ignored. We are supposed to make do with what we have now and hold on till they finally get down to our class balance... So be it, Im tired of trying
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options

Oggy...They're giving us a respec token. A respec token! I don't think they plan on fixing it, at least, they haven't come on and acknowledged that this was a problem. I really think (and I really truely hope I'm wrong) that Vow, as it stands right now, is WAI.
    It cant be. At least I hope it cant. It usually works from combat starts till first stun. And than becomes totally unusable, as we all know (except Cryptic?). I REALLY hope its not WAI. If it is, it would be game breaker for me.
    Svatá Prdelka
  • Options
    d0ob41kd0ob41k Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    No HR fight fixes? No CW MoF fixes(in drider we have official ban CW MoF spec since 24 Nov 2016. No free respec token )? @terramak, situation with CW MoF ban must be fix ASAP, don't you think so?
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    I don't know why are you all complaining "no fix for this"/"no fix for that". The GWF bug has been with us for years.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    vida44 said:

I don't know why are you all complaining "no fix for this"/"no fix for that". The GWF bug has been with us for years.

Because if one of crucial healing skills (vow of enmity) is broken, its very unfortunate for healing paladin. Thats why.
    Svatá Prdelka
  • Options

vida44 said:

Because if one of crucial healing skills (vow of enmity) is broken, its very unfortunate for healing paladin. Thats why.
    And thats the thing. Oggy hit the nail right on the head. It's a (now) broken power that is crucial for healing pally group play. I can understand tweaking it and making it a toggle power might add some utility to it. I could also understand if they rebalanced it so as to not heal as much as it does when it synergizes with bond of virture so as to not "trivialize the content" (What does that REALLY mean anyway? :/ ). I can understand all of that. The point is, make the new power work properly and make sure its functionality is sound. As it stands now, it's unreliable and (almost) makes slotting Bond of Virtue a waste as well as nothing I've found feeds the healing Bond does like Vow of Enmity, short of spamming Cure Wounds. Burning Lights? Have to build up the charge and has a cooldown. Cleansing touch? Single target and with that cooldown. Divine touch? Multi target heal yes but also with a cooldown. Healing font? Dropping a daily to feed an encounter power you didn't have to before? You're kidding, right? No...Nothing else is optimal. That's not to say it can't be done using the powers I listed above, but it's not optimal, and Healing pallys (minus those that are already either at or near BiS or in good guilds) already have a hard time convincing groups to take them along in group play.

I dunno...maybe I'll just run some more tests and see how I can make this 'new normal' work now. As tempting as it is to just say screw it, I've invested too much of myself (time/money) into my healadin just to take door number 2.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User

vida44 said:

Maybe you misunderstood me. Some bugs are not fixed for YEARS, so for them to not fix something is really not unusual. And I do think a Class Mechanic (the Tab button on every class) is more crucial. Imagine if a TR can't go invisible or a DC to go into Empowered state. But let's not dwell on that.
    I do hope they fix at least your skill in a faster manner then mine...that they fix it, mine is still not fixed.
  • Options
    vida44 said:

vida44 said:

Maybe you misunderstood me. Some bugs are not fixed for YEARS, so for them to not fix something is really not unusual. And I do think a Class Mechanic (the Tab button on every class) is more crucial. Imagine if a TR can't go invisible or a DC to go into Empowered state. But let's not dwell on that.
    I do hope they fix at least your skill in a faster manner then mine...that they fix it, mine is still not fixed.
    Strongly agree with that Vida. They should fix those glitchs (for all the classes) and don't try to 'balance' them until they do.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options

vida44 said:

vida44 said:

Strongly agree with that Vida. They should fix those glitchs (for all the classes) and don't try to 'balance' them until they do.
    Agree with that. They should stop add new content before fix old bugs.
    Svatá Prdelka
  • Options
    meskefkn#4354 meskefkn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I think it's the worst addition to the game ... is a long and tedious in addition a weapon that I've done is now worth nothing ..; (
  • Options
    ruffneck#4235 ruffneck Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @terramak

imgur.com/a/DkuvA

Please for the love of god tell me you are going to fix this game.... your recent 2/3 patches have made things WORSE not better

- Red and green psychedelic images appearing all over the place
    - Red Telegraph's not showing or flickering
    - MSVA is like something from Minecraft/Runescape....

if you cant fix the little things... atleast fix there before you all bugger off for Christmas

Edit even the Loading issues remain
This discussion has been closed.